Hey Sup Forums, I want to get a feel for how many people are interested in picking up a nintendo switch...

Hey Sup Forums, I want to get a feel for how many people are interested in picking up a nintendo switch. I'm not trying to spark a console war shitshow here, I'm just curious as to how many people here like the system or have already ordered one. Thanks anons.

strawpoll.me/12311878

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12311878
youtube.com/watch?v=sJuiTw6nk7A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thanks for answering so far anons, glad to see no one's started a shitshow yet. I knew I could count on you guys.

If anyone is looking for one and has had no luck, check FYE (if you're in the US). They're taking in store pre-orders now. I'm relieved not to be compulsively checking NowInStock anymore.

bump

>poll

I guess we really are the Nintendo Switch.

delet this

I wouldnt say it looks good good in much besides hardware, but its good as a nintendo console. We just hoped for 3rd party this time is all.

Anyway getting it for splatoon 2

Is my mobile ip still banned?

I am not going to get one until there is a bundle for it. Preferably a splatoon bundle.

To follow up here.

Should be fun. I haven't had a console in years and I don't have a gaymen rug anymore but I think my daughter is going to have a lot of fun playing mariokart with me!

OP here, thanks for the turnout guys, I didn't expect it to be so popular (at least among those who voted). Thanks for being civil my dudes and remember, if you don't like the console don't resort to shitposts - give us your real concerns and observations and help contribute to a real discussion (this of course applies to pro-switch posters too). Have a good day anons.

I'll get one because I have the money. Always get every console.

If I was limited on funds and had to pick and choose though, I'd wait. Gonna need more than 3 games to convince me to buy anything, especially given that you're locked out of a lot of multi-plat games. Nintendo shit the bed in that regard.

This is the worst product to come out in years.
Literally the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is better than this.

Fuck you, nintoddlers.

but it isn't out yet

I agree with this user.

Me?

I see these strawpoll threads on the Switch coming up all the time, and the OP always feel really odd and friendly, the poll doesn't have joke options or anything
are these ninty shills trying to measure people's excitement for the switch?
either way yeah, I'm looking foward to it and plan on buying it as soon as it's available over here

>strawpoll.me/12311878
Yep.

Yeah, it's obvious shills. However, they forget that Sup Forums has been totally overrun by Nintendrones from r/gaming, so any data gathered here is moot, as it's nor an accurate representation of the market. neo/v/ has heavy proNintendo bias.

>preordering a fucking gaming console
Absolutely fucking retarded I tell you

This is pure shilling. First of all, it creates buzz and puts it into your mind. Second, for the two answers that aren't negative, it cements your purchase. You aren't getting it "now", but you will is the implication and there are numerous studies on the effectiveness of this tactic. Influence by Cialdini is a good read on that. Third, for the negative response, it allows you to say "no" which opens you up for further negotiation at a later date. Check out Never Split the Difference for details on that.

>t. social psychologist

Dude after two hits from the wax pen this.

i'll pick one up if it gets some quality software and the paid online isn't a ripoff. if it looks like they're just going to go the DLC+Amiibo locked content route like they did with the Wii U then i'll just stick with my PC

not getting one at launch though, that's for sure

Interesting.

What are the odds of the OP shill using bots to push his desired result in order to persuade people to vote positive?

Noticed the results we disproportionately blue to the actual discussion of the Switch around here.

It's possible as that does work the herd mentality, but you also have the fact that people who don't care or don't like the switch won't even click on the thread and will instead go to their own echochambers for validation and rationalization of their purchases.

do you actually have a daughter or are you just memeing on us?

I see. Very true. Thanks for the input user.

Ive been a Nintendo fan for 20 years and i have 0 interest in it

Same. Been a fan since 1993 in my case, and I'm one of its most vocal critics around here.

No problem.

Half of what I do all day is yell at retards about poor data collection. The other half is teaching shills how to blend in.

I've bought every Nintendo platform including the VB
While I'll probably get one eventually just to play the exclusives, I'm secretly hoping for it to bomb

>The other half is teaching shills how to blend in.
Figured.

I've seen them, and I've noticed many have gotten better at lurking.

Honest question about viraling though. I have a couple comics I'll be wanting to viral on Sup Forums and Reddit in the near future. On average, how much do these services cost, or how could I go about getting reliable information on a good firm?

It's quite expensive. 5-50k depending on the size of it. It's a lot of man-hours to pull off and scotch ain't cheap. Sometimes you can get the whole package for less though. Most low level firms stick to running sweepstakes for likes and subscriptions which is a lot cheaper.

Find someone in your field who is clearly shilled and send them an email asking who does their social media marketing. They'll usually tell you if you come off as a professional.

Awesome, thanks a bunch user.

Sorry, 5-5000k. But that includes paid ads and bribing mods and hiroshima nagasaki's hookers and blow.

5000k as in 5 million, right?

Yeah, I figured it was pricy. I can't get 5 mil, but 5k is money and I can come up with, and the content is hot, it just needs to be noticed. I'm confident it's a worthwhile investment. I just need to finish getting the content read.

5k can easily multiply into 5 million with the comic I've got in the ropes. I managed to get it stickied on r/theDonald cause the mods liked it, and it netted me the front page of Reddit, 1000s of fans, hundreds of demands for a print copy as well as sales, and my 6 minutes of internet fame.

I know that with something along those lines on a bigger scale can propel me into internet fame an riches very quickly.

Thanks for the tip anyway though. I'll look more deeply into it, as I know it's the way.

ready*

Just look around, I'm only an academic who teaches the art of shilling on the side for 4k a seat so I don't know all the details, but word of mouth is always the best way when it comes to people whose job it is to get everyone talking about something.

>Literally the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is better than this.
The Note 7 was a pretty good phone and had an exclusive feature

It passes the 6 game rule I usually set myself up for before investing in a console.

1. Zelda Breath of the Wild
2. Super Bomberman R
3. Super Mario Odyssey
4. Xenoblade 2
5. ARMS
6. Splatoon 2

Are we looking at the same board? Do you have some sort of mental illness?

>bomberman
>arms
You have really low standards
>xeno2 could easily be delayed and localization isn't even confirmed
You're also a gullible idiot

You're delusional as fuck if you think Xenoblade 2 won't be localized.

>blowing up in your pocket was the exclusive feature

I'm trying to get one, I'm going to a bunch of stores looking for pre-orders

>Pre-orders are still up in most EU countries despite Nintendo's best efforts at faking a shortage
>Scalping prices on eBay are hitting record lows due to no demand
>Where other companies usually boast their pre-order figures, Nintendo isn't saying shit
Switch isn't even DoA. It's DbA

>had to make a petition to get the first game
>second game sold like shit
Nah, son
I've just been burned by Nintendo too many times. Until it has a Day, month and year for its release date, it may as well not exist

Yeah it was a huge selling point, especially in one region

I'm getting one, but probably not until Christmastime when it's cheaper and hopefully bundled with Mario Odyssey.

It won't be cheaper unless it either sells like crazy before then or doesn't sell at all. The most you can hope for is a bundle and I doubt it will be mario unless they push enough units to do a special edition console run.

waiting till price drop
300 for the console and 70 for a controller is too fucking much

There is absolutely no way the Switch will be a success at its current price
There will be a price drop before Christmas, unless they're happy with another Wii U

There may be, but it will be running against the 4pro and the xdoabox so it will still be the cheapest console in a market where the ps4 has already hit saturation and the bone isn't even on life support anymore.

>the ps4 has already hit saturation
It sold 10 million units last year and last holiday was its best season yet. PS4 is just picking up steam. PS4 pro might be a massive failure but it was really only meant for enthusiasts who might go PC without a high-end option

Not even a Sonygger, you're just blatantly wrong

Switch's competitors are PS4 and Xbone. Throw 3DS into the mix too to get an idea of how fucked it is especially at $300

Xenoblade has smash bros appeal now that it appears to be returning to the original world lore with monado focus.

Plus they wouldn't have announced it so soon and had a 3ds port of the original xenoblade if they weren't going all in on thr franchise.

What is the magic number? $279?

The second game sold better in the US than in Japan

wow that's a fucked up stats job

youtube.com/watch?v=sJuiTw6nk7A

>Xeno2 won't be localized even though it has a trailer on the US channel

sure bud

Nope. It's going to be a while until I get one. There's no way I'd budge unless they bundle it with a game at $250.

I'd personally say $250 for a bundle with a game people actually want, $200 without

$250 was too much for the 3DS. People know Nintendo's hardware is budget tier now, they're not going to pay a premium price for it

I ordered one off Amazon the night they opened.
Same goes for the games.

I had previously attempted to order on Gamestop, but their site was such a shitshow, that I gave up.

I'm preordering one, but for a niece. Not really interested in one myself until Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Mario Odyssey come out. Incidentally, neither of us give much of a shit about Zelda. She just wants to play 1-2 Switch.

Not happening. Before import tariffs, the thing costs about 250 dollars and knowing what's inside it and the licensing with nvidia, the profit margin is something like 40ish dollars. You aren't paying a premium price, you're paying what everyone else is selling the same shit for.

What do you mean not happening? It will eventually happen. And if it doesn't then it meets the same fate as the Wii U.

Hey /shill/, I want to get a feel for how many people are interested in picking up a Sony PS4. I'm not trying to spark a console war shitshow here, I'm just curious as to how many people here like the system or have already ordered one. Thanks anons.

I mean that the only way that would happen by christmas is if it either sold nothing like the 3ds or sold well enough to meet arbitrary manufacturing contracts. The lowest I see it going is 279, maybe with a pack-in.

You're severely overestimating the level of technology.

720p TF panel, 32gb flash memory, Tegra chips Nvidia hasn't been able to sell to anyone else in any significant quantity. Add a 4300 mAh battery, USB hub and 2 mini-wiimotes (which were sold at a huge markup even at $40) and you have a Switch

>buh-buh-but HD rumble
No. Every disposable cell phone has haptics, it's not premo shit

from neofag

I'm fine with waiting.

not super good, out of my group of 8 friends, only 1 of them is getting it. But hes the biggest nintoddler on the face of the planet.

It's an IPS panel(nothing stellar), pascal chips nvidia exited the market under a non-compete clause to manufacture, usb-c license fee, wifi license fee, nfc reader, haptics not found in your phone, and gyros, motion sensors and ir sensors but those are cheap as shit.

It's more than you think.

Yep, the same board that sent Iwata a get well soon card, and the Treehouse a "great job" card.

Sorry, but your cognitive bias won't get you far here.

>pascal chips nvidia exited the market under a non-compete clause to manufacture
They agreed not to make another Shield Tablet because its old like shit
They're still making pascal chips and there's also no conclusive evidence it's even 16nm, we probably won't know until we open one up

The Shield Tablet had virtually all the same shit for $200 and that was 2 years ago and also sold for a profit

The Switch has a huge profit margin or Nintendo is terrible at doing business, take your pick

At 250, the profit margin isn't exactly huge considering all the other shit that makes it not a shield tablet. We just have to eat import tariffs.

The price will drop but not by a huge amount.

If Sony can make a profit at $250 for their PS4 then Nintendo can get to the same price quickly.

Waiting at least until after Mario Odyssey has released before I get one. So far, BotW and Mario are the only revealed games I'm really interested in.
Getting a PS4 pro now instead. Getting WiiU early during it's launch, only to have Smash and TPHD for it sucks.

>The price will drop but not by a huge amount.
Depends how desperate they are
They just let the Wii U go
Not sure if they'd let that happen again or not. I honestly can't say. Nintendo is bizarre these days. Old Nintendo slashed the price of the GC to $99. That was undoubtedly selling at a loss. I don't think Neo Nintendo would do anything remotely like that but $250 with a game isn't a huge loss if it's a loss at all

Not enough Nintendo first party IP games that I care about confirmed yet. It needs to check all thee:
Mario
Zelda
Metroid

It can skip Metroid if it can check Mario & Zelda twice.

It's not much of a profit and that's only after selling 60M units. Their whole ecosystem profits from multiplat licenses and online service.

The wii u was fucked because they overproduced and couldn't drop the price.

If anything, the rumors of the current prices being so that there is a margin for retailers to be able to put their shit on sale seems like it may be true.

The Switch won't do well unless it gets cut to below $179. Which is the price at which you can get a used PS4 for. Especially after having announced they're making a successor to the 3DS.

That kills any viability the Switch had as a portable. It is officially an underpowered home console, with mobile hardware, and a shitty gimmick. A successor to the WiiU, and that's how they are marketing.

No one is gonna pick that up in the face of the competition. As of right now can buy a brand new PS4 Slim, WITH a game for $250.

Anything anywhere near the 200s is instantly bad for Nintendo. At best they can get away with $199 with a game bundled in. In order to be able to compete. The fact that the PS4 is more powerful, has a better library, a bigger install base, and momentum are all instant negatives for Nintendo that prevent it from being able to go for the same price.

Only Nintendo fans will pay $300 for something like that, but everyone else? No. Not over $150.