How long until we get a game that can pull off police chases and street racing as well as these two?

How long until we get a game that can pull off police chases and street racing as well as these two?

It's been well over a decade now.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcsx2.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=i77Xd1QAti4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They seem to have forgotten that police chases are fun.

I played Midnight Club II very recently. I don't recall the police being anything beyond distraction that gets in your way. Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 however.... they drop mini nukes from the skies that hit civilian cars. Their roadblock barracades actually disable your driving briefly for a few seconds. Almost all their tools are fucking terrifying.

I want a modern racing game with as much ricing potential as Underground 2 or Carbon.

You should play Midnight Club 3 Remix before considering NFSU2 the benchmark of ricing.

>underground 2 with police and online multiplayer

Come on EA, do something good at least once (1)

I don't have access to a PS2.

Underground 2 was the worst in series. Just a forced spin off like game for tokyo drift. worse than nfs shi't

>Midnight Club 3 Remix
fucking goat ricing in that game

Gina is my waifu.

pcsx2.net/

there you go faggot

Still, I said a modern game.

Bump

Hopefully Rockstar will consider making midnight club LA 2

>mfw police chase during street race
>mfw the police also detained the ai drivers and didn't just chase you
>when the race ended the police didn't disappear, they stayed and chased all the drivers
>those badass corvette cops

Why the fuck was MW so godly?

>chase lasts for a while on highest heat
>fucking helicopter rams you

There's a new NFS coming out this year. Are you all ready to get disappointed again?

Shit, they're still releasing? I stopped bothering after Undercover

They really need to get rid of always online bullshit

One thing I really loved about MC2 is how effortlessly and organically it created what felt like this community of underground badass street racers.

Also MW has the GOAT police chases.

Fuck you and your meme game.
It's like the call of duty of the racing genre.

Oh well, atleast Test Drive Unlimited 3 is in the works. PC needs a new "simcade" driving games.

Then theres the car selection in todays games. They always add the newest flashy-looking variants of each car. And throw in few cars from the 60-80's to please the old car crowd, whilst completely ignoring 90's/early 00's.

I just want a beat up old Silvia that I can tune to perfection.

I really love Most Wanted and also Pro Street.
Unlike Undergrounds these had believable worlds.

Most Wanted had the best grind and progression ever. Also bosses in this racing game had more personality than bosses in some action games.
Pro Street also had great progression and a lot of cars.

What i liked black box games is an attention to detail. For example each time you changed performance parts (even when you upgraded them) your car sounds change. Engine gets louder, blowoff valve sounds are added, exhaust fart changes, gearbox sounds also change each time and final upgrade changes gears so that they whine at high rpm.

This. It's fucking criminal to exclude the golden age of Japshit from a racing game.

How is it that The Warriors can get ported to next gen but MC3 or LA cant?

>meme game
>it's like the call of duty of the racing genre
the only meme i see is this post m8

Licensed music

most NFS games after Pro Street have been this
>blurry YOUAREGOINGFAST effects
>endless drifting
>unrealistic physics
>2018 Zonda RS 1600HP police cars spawning out of my ass
>120DB WUBWUBWUB SOUNDTRACK
>adding a plot to a racing game
But hey, can't be worse than Undercover.

did they ever fix the performance issues for the pc version of TDU2? I loved the first one on my PS2

Wtf is ricing? keep seeing this popup in nfs threads

customization you dummy

tasteful car modification

I just threw up in my mouth. I can't believe I used to like this shit as a child.

What's wrong?

How the hell was I supposed to know that? niggas need to come up with a better short term than fucking ricing.

>the call of duty of
so sick of people comparing everything to CoD.

at this point people have no idea what they are talking about.

don't know just hang out on car forum and it will be pretty obvious

NFS hasn't been good since Carbon, who cares
Run could have been good if it was actually finished and not had to be rebuilt in record time on fucking Frostbite right before release

its an old term that isnt used much anymore since the scene isn't as popular anymore.

asians like rice = ricers, since the car mod thing started in japan.

undercover had "story" that was a fucking disaster

but the world and most cars were pretty decent for a nfs

Carbon was shit

I disagree. undercaover was the worst NFS I've ever played. horrible graphics, terrible handling, terrible cars. just a terrible game over all.

Wasn't Undercover the last NFS game to play like the earlier ones before being switched to the Burnout-esque engine used in the current games?

hm

I liked the open map from start, the car classes and the police system

I just want a new Burnout.

ricing isn't only used in car moding

i only knew what the word means of desktop ricing

they tried to but it was rushed as fuck and the budget went to the cut scenes.

the game was terrible I thought. Blackrock was capable of much better.

>DIRT 3 released for free
>remember the PS2 McRae Rally games
>remember the shitton of things you could do and the massive autism about customization
>download hyped
>you just race in some rallies and that's it

God dammit I just want a nice modern racing game, I'm sick of Burnout Paradise and Most Wanted 2012 was mediocre.

I belive it was, hence probably why I liked it.

What's the name of it?

NFS:HS > NFSIISE > HP2 > PORSCHE > HP > THENFS > MW > NFS:UG > HP2010 > RUN > CARBON > PROST > UNDERCOV > MW2012 > SHIT > UG2 > SHIT2 > RIVALS > NFS2015

They haven't revealed anything about it yet.

>playcing NFS2:SE that high

you got my instant respect man. One of the best games to grow up with

>rest of the list
bottom is absolutely correct, but I'd place MW and UG2 way higher.

>UG2 that low
>MW2012 above anything
>HP2010 that high

Forza Horizon 3

Casual games produced for the masses.
Simple, fast, "easy" titles. The games that have the Dorito sponsorship.

>Run could have been good if it was actually finished and not had to be rebuilt in record time on fucking Frostbite right before release

elaborate please

I've put my almost 20 years in nfs games, gradually. Didn't play mw2012,2015(dropped after seeing mandatory road arrows, wtf) and shit duo just more than couple of hours each. That's how they are for me on that list for about 2 hours of gameplay.

I utterly dislike ug2 because it's like a soup of unneeded stuff EA threw in in haste, also it doesn't even feel like a nfs game. UG1 was somehow a nice touch for illegal underground racing but EA had to stop there.

HP2010 that high because it has nice world and decent gameplay mechanics. Hated how it slaps online shit on your face right at the start menu though.

>you'll never play a nfs like underground2, carbon or most wanted 1 again

Damn this is so fucking accurate it hurts my eyes

I with Rockstar would stop dicking around with stupid shit in GTA and just make a full street racing/tuning etc system in single player.

And the police chases are still pretty weak compared to NFS MW.

>simple, fast, "easy" titles
this is a thread for arcade racers

are you retarded

Why would anyone like Underground 2 and Carbon

Everyone has their own rnakings so I don't even want to argue, but ranking UG2 that low makes me feel okay overall

I did however play Porsche Unleashed PS1 last night and it made me fall asleep

you should play it on pc. Any nfs game on pc wherever its possible.

people who played them first
people who loved their predecessors so much they craved for more
kids
slavs
people who had a car from that specific title
all of the above

>PC/Xbox/Gamecube version of Hot Pursuit 2
>ever

UG2 wasn't that bad, only shitty bit was the endless racing tournaments on those runway tracks at the airport, those dragged on a bit.

shit sorry I'm retarded, thought you asked who would like it, not why.

what was the difference? I remember them pretty weakly

But that's wrong

Made by a different studio, there are way too many "changes" to list

>people who loved their predecessors so much they craved for more kids

ehhehe

ROCK THE HOUSE LIVE

i swear underground 2 would be in upper row there if it had at least "jump to race" feature. Running around the map from race to race was a fucking pain in the ass and becomes boring after some time.

if UG2 had police like first MW, it would be decent, because I, on the other hand, hate the jump to race thing. Looking for races and exploring roads would seem more amusing than skipping driving and possible police.

But then again, it was UG2 with empty town bar one or two other ricers to have a race with

I remember they having completely different menu and gameplay progression either.

What went wrong? How do yo react if the announce a remake?

youtube.com/watch?v=i77Xd1QAti4

hackers hacking hackerings