ITT: Poorly handled franchises

Post series/franchises that were poorly handled

Wasn't this one of the main franchises of Nintendo?

What the fuck happened?

Capcom's library

Is there any IP that Capcom hasn't fucked up yet?

It didn't sell well in Japan
Other M
Federation Force.

I find it weird that Metroid wasn't that popular in japan

Star Fox

That series is doomed to be the guinea pig of any Nintendo new gimmick

I thought that was Mario

Dead ones with few games:
Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Power Stone, Captain Commando, Strider...

>Only the dead can escape this evil

They were too stupid to figure out what people like about Metroid/Metroid Prime

oh shit

Isn't there a remaster of this coming soon?

Dead Rising. The 1st game is 10/10 goat.
The 2nd is shit and they got progressively shittier as they went on.

It's like one of those series that should have been just a game

Might as well post Megaman as a whole

All of these. I'll never not be mad.

Duke fucking Nukem

Fuck you Randy

I mean specifically the Dark Souls franchise, not counting DeS and BB

Bandai getting involved was a mistake

Who has the license to Ape Escape? Still Sony? They really need to make a reboot like they did Ratchet and Clank and I'm not even a Sony dick sucker.

Yes, it's Sony, and i remember seeing a screenshot with ideas for a reboot/remake but the archives are down right now

>It didn't sell well in Japan

it didn't sell anywhere
Sup Forums never supported 1 to 3

>neglect a cult classic
>give a remaster and a sequel to a flying hobo that only 2 people bought
And people wonder why Sony is going out of business.

DLC for Elder Scrolls Online
Which is a surprisingly decent MMO I must say.

Don't say mean things to Kat, it's Knack that is preventing us from getting an AE4

Don't you only pay once and there's no monthly fee or anything?

>So poorly handled that they need to rely on fans to make actual good games for them because they're the only ones who understand the core values of the franchise.

At least Sega got smart enough to realize Sonic is a joke and have started running with it.

The Original NES Metroid and Metroid II were shit.

Also there is a lack of games in the series because it doesn't sell as well as you think it does.

When I think of franchises that have gone downhill, I think of the one that was at one point SEGA's best franchise. It features talking animals, a lot of rolling, and the idea is to get to the goal as soon as you possibly can.

That's right, I'm talking about SUPER MONKEY BALL.

Since when did Sonic had vampire teeth?

Remember Klonoa?

What Super Monkey Ball games are worth getting? They look interesting but I've some of the later games are iffy.

Their social media has fun with it and I'm thankful for that. Mania is going to do well judging by the preorders and hype around it, so I think that Sonic's going to come back this year, or at least get on the right track.

Dreamcast

1, especially 2, Deluxe, and MAYBE adventure, but adventure is pushing the envelope.

Thief

What about 3D?

It never was (At least in Japan). Primefags have just deluded themselves into thinking that.

I will never not be mad about Thief '14.

What a fucking piece of shit.

It's like they did the opposite of what the first 2 games were

More like they're giving a sequels to games which would have looked and played like shit in the PS2 era as well as throwing money at talentless hacks who just want to make movies instead of games.

very tiny levels that weren't that great

Hopefully it happens. Ape Escape has the most charm out of any Sony IP.

>I think that Sonic's going to come back this year, or at least get on the right track.]
Come on homie, we've been down this road before. Sonic games always look good at first and we believe that there's no way that SEGA can fuck up what should be a slam dunk. But then...BUT THEN...by some divine joke SEGA manages to get in their own way and fuck up the whole damn thing. SEGA is well documented in stealing failure from success since the 1990's.

i hope they give Spike the girly outfit from the anime

Yeah sure, it's easy to lay the blame at Konami's feet, but let's not forget Kojima's the one who overspent the budget on unncessary bullshit i.e licensed songs, and wrote what is arguably the ONLY story that's even worse than MGS4.

Sonic had fangs in Sonic Adventure

2 and Off the Record were okay because even though the developers changed, they were still on a tight leash.

3 and 4 was when they had free reign and they fucked everything up as much as possible.

I wish they'd go out of business already for plenty of other reasons.

If the controls weren't so fuckin clunky ide replay it a lot more :(

got a remake on one of the ps handhelds....
never played it but seen a few vids and...well...

rip

oh and spyro

did capcom ever explained why they got full autistic and cancelled every megaman game being produced in 2010? if i remember correctly they cancelled like 3 megaman games with this one

That's the thing, though: Sonic Team isn't in charge of Mania. Christian Whitehead and Headcannon are and, unlike Sonic Team, they've only ever released quality Sonic content.

Sure, SEGA corporate could fuck it up still, but I think we would have heard about development problems from Whitehead on the Sonic Retro forums, or something by now. He's not afraid to be public about that kinda' thing.

Peace Walker's story is worse than both

What is it with the plot of MGS eating its own guts?

I won't be surprised if it gets a reboot to simplify the story

I'm not putting the blame on Gearbox and "honest" Randy Pitchford for Forever, but they've been fucking Duke hard ever since.

>legally entitled to DNF and all future Duke games but through scummy methods obtained the rights to everything Duke, past and present
>make an "anniversary edition" that is missing content and is double the price an already existing port, which they subsequently got pulled from digital distribution
>add Duke Nukem as a pre-order incentive to a remaster nobody asked for of a game that nobody remembers

Let him die.

I don't care if you like the other games because you were an edgy little kid, but I played the main 3 games for the first time during the summer and the first was the only really good one, the other two were garbage or just insulting

why would you bring up the songs when you could bring on the fact he licensed a fucking sunglasses deal

Retard

There was also him being a dick to the creator and/or the guy who owned a source port while trying to take down Duke3D's modding scene, if i'm getting this right.

I recently bought the trple pack of 1 2 and otr on psn. 2/otr are absolute trash

I've been okay with Ace Attorney.
Resident Evil still manages to keep me happy.

Worse than MGS4? No way.

Kojima is a brilliant game designer but a subpar writer. Which is a shame since he's more concerned with trying to turn his games into movies.

That too.

There were a few instances like that. God forbid someone makes a better product than they do.

And what about Keifer Sutherland?

Bulletstorm is a good game, but charging $60 for it is ludicrous.

Also, the game was supposed to get a sequel

Supposedly Hayter cost too much many thanks to SAG fuckery so it was actually cheaper to replace him. Kojimbo probably saw his chance to work with a "real movie star".

They had to manage resources for monster hunter(the real money maker), probably.

And to think he whined about Kojima not wanting to pay ridiculous money for him despite never being that good at voice acting in the first place.

I love Hayter, but he really needed to take a chill pill. Nigga was ready to go nuclear and shoot up Konami HQ.

Woah man take it easy

I think Star Fox is by far the most poorly managed Nintendo franchise.

Like, Metroid has had it pretty rough. But, at the very least, it had a stream of great games from 2002-2007, so that's something.

Star Fox, on the other hand, has had one good game, which was about 20 years ago, and that was it.

Everything Capcom aside from MH I guess.

I liked Assault

I really wish Knack 2 was announced the same way as Peggle 2.
That would at least show that Sony has a sense of humor, and isn't just run by insane people.

The irony