Will the retro bubble in america ever burst?

will the retro bubble in america ever burst?

no because normies like the faggots here on Sup Forums keep buying them

>canadia poster
>bitching about america

canada is apart of america dumb faggot

retro bubble already burst now that clone cartridges from china are a thing.

it's only nintendo shit that's grossly overpriced because nintendo buyers are huge fucking whales.

A hat is not part of a person.

I'm glad I don't live in that nightmare.

go back to tumblr with that joke

That joke has existed before tumblr was even a thing.

prove it.

>canadian dollar

Why don't Americans celebrate Easter?

>Not buying Super Mario RPG in 1996 when it originally came out
I feel sorry for you, OP.

its still expensive if you convert it

we go around and pick up eggs that a bunny shit out

>not just using a pi emulator machine

>you will never export overpriced old games to kaneda

I won't because I have better things to do.

No you don't fucking liar.

the growing amount of forgery out there has really put people off retro collecting

Americans will never know the thrill and disappointment you feel with kinder eggs.

how much are people paying for chrono trigger these days?

i might sell mine to buy more meth lmao

a fucking leaf

Buying directly from people on forums or from reputable and verified dealers is the wise thing to do.

FLASH
LASH
ASH
SH
H

CARTS
ARTS
RTS
TS
S

>tfw I got Chrono Trigger, Megaman X and SMRPG for the equivalent of less than $10 each at a local third world shithole flea market

The best pickups I've ever done and probably ever will in my life, both in great condition too. I also got Super Metroid at acceptable condition but more expensive, still nowhere near the ridiculous Ebay prices.

It won't because gaming in Japan was a lot more popular back then so they printed more games. And in the west there aren't as many of them

Not likely, due to economics. Supply is going down due to items becoming broken, and it is not being replaced by Nintendo/Sega/Sony/etc. with remastered versions for new consoles. Demand is increasing due to rampant hipsterism.

FUCK
UCK
CK
K

YOU
OU
U

Once the chinese bootleggers start mass producing carts, it will

If you weren't underage you wouldn't be complaining

im 98, bucko

Luckily my retro boner, the first Xbox, seems to be untouched by this shit.

But really it's all about emulation and digital sales these days outside the few that don't emulate well / at all. Flashcards too.

Kill yourself kid

thanks for making me feel old.

Emulation is better anyway. Only hipster douches do the muh physical copies or much input lag thing

a few games are still expensive on xbox

>6th gen
>retro

prices will raise for the 6th gen anyways. dreamcast & gamecube games are already getting up their in price

you guys ready for the paid holiday on monday?

>Canada
>not part of North AMERICA

>buying actual cartridges
>not using an emulator

I'm pretty sure they're not banned here anymore. I remember being a kid before the ban and loving those things, good times.

>Xbox
>retro
No. 6th gen consoles could do hd and were released during/after 2000.

dreamcast says hello

You do realize it's been almost 20 years since they were released, right?

thats irrelevant, modern gaming started at 6th gen

Dreamcast was pre 2000 and couldn't do hd, that's why it's retro.
What does that have to do with anything?

yeah but you said all 6th gen consoles were released during/after 2000 and the dreamcast is 6th gen

Are you gonna be saying the same thing when they're 25 years old? Something older than let's say 15 years, especially in technology is retro. Stop trying to be contrarian just for the sake of it.

>What does that have to do with anything?
The 6th gen is almost retro, that's what.

I'm just glad I rebuilt and expanded my retro collection between 2009-2011.

If I bought everything I bought then today I would have spent almost twice as much.
The retro bubble is crazy, and the huge amount of repros circulating and lack of knowledge to detect them is just goofy.

It just prompted me to get flash carts and/or use emulators more.

wheres your argument? try and disapprove that modern gaming didnt start on 6th gen. and just because you disagree with me doesnt make me a contrarian. in fact, most people would agree that 6th gen is not retro

No

What's the most expensive retro vidya you have Sup Forums?

There is no flash cart that can run Super Mario RPG, user.

>modern gaming started at 6th gen
I'd say modern gaming actually started with the 5th gen.

There are, however, many emulators that do.

ZSNES isn't one of them.

Also, this is a thread about carts, not emulation.

If there's a drastic change in the industry that distinguishes it from 6th-8th gen, then indeed they will be considered retro in due time. In the meantime, though, 6th-8th gen are pretty similar with the exception of modern dlc/microtransaction cancer. There's no official "after x years this is retro"
Right, Dreamcast is 6th gen but it's an exception because of the reasons I listed. Also because it was Sega's last console, which marked the end of an era of gaming (coinciding with the new millennium too). I consider the DC pretty modern still, but it's officially "retro" while the rest aren't. It is what it is

>ZSNES isn't one of them.
So?

Also, it's totally relevant when discussing the ridiculous price of a lot of physical carts to bring up alternative means to play those games.

>ZSNES isn't one of them.
You could play mario rpg on zsnes 10 years ago.

I'm not saying that "modern gaming" as you so call it started or not on 6th gen. By that perspective, modern gaming was the NES/Master System/8 Bit era when you compare it to something like Pong and such. Modern gaming is also PS1/Saturn 32 Bit era. It's all depending on when you want to start counting from, and as much as it might hurt you to admit it, 6th gen IS retro by technological standards. How did the average computer perform in the year 2000? How was the internet in the year 2000? How old were you in the year 2000? The cutting edge of video technology was DVD and it was very young then, VHS rentals were still huge and so were brick and mortar video rental stores and franchises, now we are starting the 4K era, 2 whole generations after that.

TL;DR: 6th gen IS retro and there's nothing you can do about it.

you literally said nothing

Sound's all fucky on ZSNES

>So?
Despite there being several emulators that are leagues better, it's still the most-recommended SNES emulator.

>it's totally relevant when discussing the ridiculous price of a lot of physical carts
The price for a cart of Super Mario RPG isn't ridiculous, it's about what you'd expect for it in today's retro market.

Yet you can't play it on ZSNES now, how curious.

Which version are you using?

There are people on emulation forums I'm looking at from literally ten years ago saying the only issue they had was freezing on one version of zsnes and occasional display hiccups on another.

Go back to your hugbox if the discussion of old but not old enough 4U stuff bothers you

Most of you have a seriously wrong misconception about what Retro is. Retro isn't an aesthetic or a graphical style, it's a technological status quo. Just because dimishing returns have started to kick in after 6th gen doesn't mean that there aren't technological leaps, meaning that older stuff is already considered retro.

Stay mad. It's been 2 generations and 17 years, accept it already. 6th gen IS retro.

projection is not an argument

Anyone notice that the hardest of hardcore (read cuckolds) retro collectors go after Nintendo? It's like nintencucks want even more after being drilled in the ass by Nintendo so they like getting drilled in the ass by other nintendrone collectors. Not even b8ing, just notice the trends on "youtube collectors"

>Yet you can't play it on ZSNES now,
You can play it just fine on zsnes now, sound is fine.

Haven't updated in years since I hear they removed netplay.

by that logic 7th gen has been around for 12 years, 7th gen is now retro doesnt matter what you say.

>$79.99 in 1996 dollars at release
worth it

Why wouldn't you just download one of the other snes emulators, then?

Why be so stuck on zsnes?

Nintendo was the king of the 3rd and 4th generation (NES and SNES) which is what most "millennials" I hate this term so much grew up with, and now have the buying power to collect for their childhood consoles.

>You can play it just fine on zsnes now, sound is fine.
It really isn't. ZSNES sounds nothing like a real SNES and the game has freezing issues on ZSNES.

If you can't let go of the interface, have some decency and fucking use ZMZ. Otherwise, use the latest version of Higan, Snes9x, a build of bsnes, RetroArch, or BizHawk.

Because not everyone knows how shit ZSNES actually is.

The quality tends to be pretty high and the fail rate is low.

Also, early Sega consoles had good games but good god was the sound horrendous.

Alright Timmy, I'll bite. What do YOU consider retro?

Being a bitch about something that isn't on >your board isn't an argument either. If you don't want /vr/ to be invaded with Xbox/PS2/GCN shit then go back there and let people discuss it here in peace.

It totally fucking was, and it's totally worth the $50 it commands loose nowadays. People are just assmad that they're Johnny-come-latelies to buying retro games and expect to be given deals just because they're new to it.

>Because not everyone knows how shit ZSNES actually is.
kinda my point, then.

If you are complaining because emulator X isn't doing it for a game but refuse to download emulators y or z that would, the problem isn't even with the emulator anymore, it's a malfunction going on between your chair and your keyboard.

you are still projecting lol

5th gen and below and even 5th gen being retro is debatable

ZSNES is still the most popular SNES emulator, I'm doing what I can to correct this erroneous behavior in others.

>round price to 80 cad
>60 usd
>accounting for inflation that was $40 in 1996
Pretty sure the game was more than that new.

ITT: One guy trolling and refusing to admit that 6th gen is in fact retro, and one poor guy wasting his time trying to explain with facts that it is.

>sperg out because someone, somewhere uses a word in a way that bothers you
>only way to deflect how BTFO you are is to repeat "projecting" or "not an argument" over and over

>still projecting

>facts

lol

Not even in that fight, but when systems are old enough to drive/vote, they are for sure retro. Can't even argue it.

I wonder if the user just doesn't want to accept how long it has been since then.

so is the 360 now retro? dumb fuck

How do you screw up post linking this badly?

He doesn't want to give out (you)s because he thinks that they matter

i did it on purpose, you dont deserve a (you) from me

>Discussing PS2 games on Sup Forums is a lost cause because everyone here is underage or just doesn't care
>/vr/ autists fighting tooth & nail to make sure 6th gen isn't ever allowed so they can have more collector wank threads

What an awkward existence 6th gen has.

Oh, that's retarded.

/vr/ got ruined when dreamcast autists forced their 6th gen system in by claiming it was a 5th gen system or 5.5 gen system.

I think it's just cause of a mix of people who are older and don't want younger people in their space and younger people who don't want to acknowledge that the stuff they grew up with, and themselves, have aged quite a bit since then.

Most of us that actually know shit about video games and have been invested in this hobby for decades agree that "retro" applies to everything before 2000.
However, you folks are arguing otherwise and claim that the retro classification is based solely on the amount of time that has passed since the console's release. What's the arbitrary number of years you people use to determine what is and isn't retro? Because it sure as hell isn't official.

This isn't important at all and at the end of the day video games are just that, games. I'm just curious.

It's funny, cause people were calling nes and snes retro system during the sixth gen and that was a lot less of a time gap than we have to the sixth gen now.

'apart' means the literal opposite of 'a part' you dumb fetid piece of puma shit