thinkgeek.com/nes-classic-sale/index.shtml
twitter.com/AnonBabble

so 1000 lucky winners will get their chance to pay for a switch

wow thanks gamestop

1000 people crammed into a Gamestop.

I can just imagine it.

I didn't want to imagine it.

It's the Nintendo Wii all over again.

Nintendo underships retailers so it's hard to find a model if you didn't preorder and scalpers buy up any SKU they can find so they can resell it on Ebay/Craigslist for $600+

they are super serial...

literally what would be the point of this? You don't even get to pre order it, you just get to be on the wait list?

>tfw you're one of the lucky ones who don't get picked

Whew dodged a bullet there

This is one special kind of screw-up..

I have no fucking clue? How would they even go about this? Fucking drawing numbers or what?

Das it mane Nintendo won?

Sounds like they just put you on a list and let you know if they had extras or if someone cancelled their order.
Might as well open preorders for a second shipment instead.

Come goys! This is your chance to have the privilege to purchase the best Nintendo console to date!

The best part about the Nintendo switch isn't playing games on it, it's to show everyone that I won in a Gamestop lottery to get the privilege to purchase it.

What a stupid offer. Almost as bad as pic related.

Almost.

ITT: mad sonyggers

every1 who buys this at release is legit retarted. zelda will be playable on PC thanks to WiiU emulation. literally no games at release.

Isn't Nintendo richer than Sony? Why the fuck do they undership their products?

Keep on cuckin

Think Geek did this same shit with the NES Classic Edition.
thinkgeek.com/nes-classic-sale/index.shtml
At least they didn't make you walk into a store to sign up.

Think Geek is now owned by Gamestop.

Because it looks bad when there's a ton of leftover stock especially at launch.

WiiU had overstock problems, Wii demand was really that big and nobody expected it.

>coming to fucking gamestop to trade in some games for 5 whole dollars
>the stench as I approach overwhelms the senses
>open the door
>wedge the door open as the scent of literally 1000 Nintentoddler whales stings my senses
>try my best not to breath
>LOOK LIKE YOU'VE BEEN CHOSEN STRANGER
>STEP RIGHT UP AND EARN THE RIGHT TO PREORDER A SWITCH
>a collective hum of approval emanates from a sea of unwashed fat
>spill spaghetti
>"I-I just want to trade in some games."
>big breasted blonde looks down on me
>the gaze of 1000 swine pierces into my soul
>watch as the darkness closes around me as I am consumed in a mass of fetid flesh and fat

But I already own a NES.

Atari, the biggest gaming company in 80s, undershipped the 2600 every year around Christmas. Nintendo undershipping their products and creating an artificial difficulty isn't anything new in consumer electronics.

Undershipping only works when you are raising the price of the damn thing you retard.

Switch is launching with 2m which is same as PS4 and Xbone.

>Nintendrones will enter a raffle for the honor of purchasing a console months in advance
That is a new level of cuckoldry that I didn't realize was even possible.

Why not? Theyve sold out of two separate preorder allocations already.

A lottery system is the most fair way to hand out the remaining preorders before launch.

>rng
>fair
what the fuck am I reading

when they are always "sold out" it creates the illusion that it is actually popular and makes people want it more / makes people desperate.

Only a company as greedy and blind as Nintendo do such a practice.

>Switch pre-order?!
>Ask mom to drive me to le gamestoppe
>Mom asks me if I ever want to learn to drive
>You're 28 she says.
>I remind her that my government aid money goes to pay part of the rent
>She sighs and shakes her head, but reluctantly drives me to le gamestoppe
>It is like Christmas morning when I see the Switch signs on the windows!
>Inside there are a few children. Their parents look at me and the others...
>The others? Ah! I smile. It seems my breatheren from Sup Forums saw the ad as well!
>I tip my Fedora to them. They tip theirs back.
>Good thing I took a shower yesterday. The first one after a month or so of not bathing at all. But the Switch is worth it
>Thank you based Nintendo!

>WERE OUT OF PRE ORDERS

>conveniently have 1000 extra units for a promotional stunt

>gamestop this desperate to get people thru their doors after based Amazon keeps BTFO'ing them

only manchildren and nintoddlers will fall for this LOL

They think its going to be another Wii success.

Isnt the purpose of winning contests is getting sutff for free?

The in store ordering options were available much longer than online. Walmart even advertised they had a limit of 3 per customer in store to try to draw traffic. The catch? You had to pay 10% down and Gamestop was $50 I think. A lot less enthusiasm if you're not at home in your underwear and not charged until near launch.

>tfw Walmart in Canada doesn't take preorders.

Which means I'll be showing up at least half an hour early before 7am to line up and get everything I want.

>actually believing this stupid meme

It has only been true for the NES classic and amiibo, and they couldn't have predicted the Wii would be such a craze.

>Congratulations Sir, you have just given us our 1000th Nintendo Switch preorder
>Ha, great, what do I win?
>Nothing. Now get out.

why isn't gamestop bankrupt yet?

>Nintendo underships retailers
no evidence for this at all

they didn't predict the nes mini to be that popular and amiibo was pure incompetence

Fuck off you cancerous drone.
Nintendo have been doing this for more than the past decade. Everyone fucking knows they do this shit.

>no evidence for this at all

Yes, it's a complete fabrication and it just so happens that rampant scalping occurs whenever nintendo releases anything.

That's cool and all but you got any evidence? You sound mad that I don't believe you right away like everyone else.

This cannot be real. It must be ironic bullshit.

Fuck off drone.

>tfw won the grand prize at best buy and got to preorder one there

no, everyone thinks they do because they really can't believe a console they don't like has high demand. the wii u sold out and sold about 2 million at launch and 3 million in its first month but it ended up having very low demand. the switch has shipped 2 million units for march which is about the same as the ps4 sold at launch. even if you have no evidence for it, where is the logic in believing this understocking myth?

Fuck off drone.
You can't even fucking punctuate your sentences properly.

>What do I win?
>Before that would you like a membership to GameStop pro it comes with a year subscription to game informer and exclusive perks
>OK we've put your preorder in as well as a GameStop pro membership congratulations that would be 189.99 plus tip

>What is the PS3 launch

>2 million units by march worldwide
Because Sup Forums don't know how to read or literally blinded by fanboyism. The reason preorders are all sold-out is because there are not that much to begin with. Some countries only got a few which is why it's expensive as fuck in Mexico and etc.

That 1000 switch is the switch not pre-ordered in their stores. They just pooled those and made it a lottery. Sup Forums should realize why not just "pre-order open again" than this.

This is nes classic again and will be more scalped than that one.

i would have done this for the opportunity to spit in seth mcfarlane's burger king burger right in front of his goddamn face.

>2 million
That is the average number of consoles for a release you retard.

ps4 sold 2.1 million at launch so how is 2 million an unrealistic number? you say people are blinded by fanboyism but you're blinded by your bias that you can't believe something you don't like is in high demand. you can relax, if you believe the understocking myth, the wii u sold about 2 million at launch too and that still flopped hard

what did he ever do to you

80% of Switch/Wii U day 1 buyers are scalpers.

why do you want to believe that

Only 32gb model of WiiU got sold out, you could literally walk into any store with a 8gb WiiU.

Shit was overstocked at point that Nintendo even recalled some.

>Wii was bigger than they expected so they didn't have enough units
>Wii U is massively shipped to combat this, resulting in millions left on shelves and in warehouses for years
>Switch is a conservative shipment that can be ramped up at any time

There is literally no other reason than this.

because there's literally no other reason to buy this piece of shit

lmao you are pathetic

figuratively made non-humor an art form. and gets paid for it

This is the dumbest shit. How did we even reach this point?

>have the fucking privilege to buy our product

>Walk in Gamestop
>Have 5% chance to pre-order switch

The only games I’ve been hyped for in the last several years have been gta5, fallout 4, and botw. So far it’s been great so I’m really hopeful for this to be good.

>not buying from Amazon or BB
only normies and idiots go to gamestop

Good thing I don't go to gamestop.

do you mind if I fap to this

Can I win an action packed trip to Detroit?

So how do they decide

The statement says

>just walk in and ask

I can see it now

>depressed bags under eyes user walks in

Hey, can i get a switch

>no, sorry

>cute girl walks in

>would you like to order a switch ?

Um, i already have a wii, isnt that Nintendo

Oh well ill get it and sell it

>win
>don't accept prize

>depressed bags under eyes user walks in
that's me

But I don't want to pre order anything ever, also xbox live passes too? Who is the sponsor here?

Wouldn't it make more sense to have like a lottery system online instead of at physical stores?

they want people to go to their stores

>You win!
Wow what do I get
>A chance to pre purchase a console!
Oh geez wow thanks
Bush did 9/11 btw

Nintendo has done this a few times in Japan, but at least they were limited editions.
This is pure kikery

how could bush do 9/11 when obama did

>win
>preorder
>wait until day before switch comes out
>cancel preorder

Or you can just preorder it from anywhere else like a normal human