Do you like being total asshole to the people online?

Do you like being total asshole to the people online?

Yes.

No, I just try to be as nice as possible.

That webm made me actually angry, goddamn.

At least invaders are doing what they're supposed to do. That was the most assholish thing I've seen in Dark Souls.

i've become too good at games and i don't really get joy from rekting people anymore

I dont get it

tfw too good at videogames

I couldn't even enjoy this game it was so easy. I went in blind and never died I can't believe people call this series hard

Sent him home before he got his reward for helping with the boss

>At least invaders are doing what they're supposed to do
?
Invaders invade world to stop host progress
How it's any less asshole move?
Get over it
Host summoned phantom to help him and send him away after boss was killed but before he got any reward, just for the sake of being dick

Host BBC'd the phantom out of his world so he doesn't get a reward for successfully helping.

Which is what they're supposed to do. What's confusing about that?

I like this image thank you

Hello user, I was passing by and noticed you were having trouble with comprehending what people are saying to you and thus giving responses that make no sense.

Please consider that you make have autism or be similarly mentally impaired.

No, you have option to invade if you want to be asshole
Just like you have option to sent people back before they got any reward
No one forces you to do either

>doesn't understand the context
>make have autism

eye for an eye

It's not the same though.

The red eye orb is meant to be used to invade people and kill them if you want. It's how the game intended you to use it.

The black crystal was put into the game to send people back to their world, yes, but it wasn't intended to be used to prevent people from getting their rewards.

>but it wasn't intended to be used to prevent people from getting their rewards.
Why? Because you said so?
Well, I can came with retarded theories too! Red orb wasn't put there for you to kill host and be jerk, but for you to arrive in the host world and wait until he dies to get reward! You only kill hosts because you are fucktard!

This is the dumbest post I've read all day. I can just see you clicking submit with a grin on your face like "gottem!"

You sure did. This educated and not intentionally obtuse post was definitely worth my time to read. If you actually think its intended use was to prevent people from getting their rewards, I don't know what to say to you.

You use black crystal to send people back, nothing more
Too bad retards like you still think that doing it is "unfair" because it can hurt someone feelings

>You use black crystal to send people back, nothing more

Well, I literally said it wasn't intended to keep people from getting their rewards, and you apparently agree.

Again, it was made to send people back, it's people who decide how to use it. Phantom should stay until the end to get reward. How sending him back not preventing them from getting reward?
Guess you are too stupid to understand such thing

Yeah, no shit.

I'm talking about how it's intended to be used, not how people use it. Which is:

>to send people back, nothing more

I'm gonna have an aneurysm talking to you, you can have the last word I'm out

not really

I bully npcs tho

Again, phantom should stay until the end to get reward
Any use of black crystal prevent him from getting reward
So, please explain how the fuck black crystal wasn't invented to not prevent phantoms to get reward?
You just mad because it hurt your feelings

I do that all the time. I try to pretend to be nice and friendly, sometimes befriending other players for weeks, then when their guard is down and they trust me 100% I stab them in the back like no one has ever done before.

Oh yeah I checked the wiki I guess you're right.

I can't believe From would do this I'm shaking in real life

Kek

Not that user, but the way OP used it was undoubtedly a dick move. The phantoms themselves can use black crystals to nope out of shit and send themselves back if the host is just standing around doing nothing and being a worthless piece of shit. And again, same goes for hosts, if the phantom they summon isn't pulling their weight, they should send them back.

That said, use the thing how you want. I'm sure the hate mail will be h i l a r i o u s. And when they invade you for revenge you can just alt + f4 right? :^)

LMFAO

Thank you for having reading comprehension.

My entire point was that the OP gif wasn't the intended use of the crystal, and anyone even slightly reasonable can see that.

Dark Souls 3 wasn't anything special, but the community was what drove me out
Even when they are trying to grief, it just feels typical and samey
And the PVE was some bloodborne lite shit with no build variation

>Sending phantoms back isn't intended use of crystal
wow, just wow

If From were smart they made this a punishable offense for blue phantoms to do their job.

I dont get enjoyment from it but when people do dumb shit I cant help myself from calling them out

context, user
without context, nothing has intention
a phantom could try helping the host by running back into the Farron swamp thinking "OH I BET HE DIDN'T SEE THE WOLF YET" when he's clearly trying to fight the boss
although no one really gains from the situation, he's using the summoning system as intended, for helping the host, in some arbitrary fashion

after spending hundreds of hours in souls any unique form of trolling will get a chuckle out of me even if I'm on the short end of the stick. I'm in this for entertainment, not rewards.

>Sending phantoms back isn't intended use of crystal because in this context it hurts my feelings
wow, just wow

Yes, from needs to bring back the scraping spear.

Sending them back for the purpose of denying them a reward for the boss they just killed for you.
Do you have autism, I'm actually being serious because you seem to have really poor comprehension skills.
The argument you are trying to make is unbelievably stupid. It would be like trying to argue that a car maker intended for a car to be used for vehicular manslaughter because driving (the purpose of the car) is involved.
Seriously, you look like a fucking idiot you pedantic sack of shit.

Why not?
Crystal is here literally to send phantoms back, this is purpose of damn thing
Shame, you can't comprehend such simple thing and try to cry everywhere what crystal was used wrong
If people like you had their way, host would be forbidden from using estus when invaded or some other bullshit "e-honor" rules
And you still didn't refute the fact that sending phantom back ANY time would prevent him from getting reward, on the other hand driving car doesn't mean it will involve "vehicular manslaughter"

It's pretty fun.

I mean I don't want to completely ruin their day. Just fuck with them a little.

So essentially you're a time wasting asshole who thinks being contrarian and over writing your responses makes you a big man on the internet?

Black crystaling a phantom out like that makes you a shitbag; that's the end of that

This, light hearted dickery is great, even on the receiving end it can be hilarious. I don't get how some people enjoy ruining people's entire goddamn day with their assholeness

>that one guy that does anything he can to get am angry reaction out of people
>constantly harrasses anyone for any reason
I really hope that guy isn't you Sup Forums

Why are you still arguing with him? He's just being obtuse on purpose.

No one argues about it being jerk move
You said that invaders are somehow less jerkass than guy in the op webm because "I SWEAR HE BREAK THE RULES BY USING BLACK CRYSTAL THE WAY IT HURTS MY FEELINGS", despite both using ingame methods to be total assholes

I'm not even memeing. I legitimately think you might have autism.

You can point out all day that the function of the black crystal took place in the most literal sense (that is, to send the Phantom away) which no one is disputing, you fucking sperg.
The poster you replied to merely pointed out that FROM almost certainly did not implement this feature for the purpose of facilitating hosts denying white phantoms rewards for bosses that they had just killed. The fact that you are arguing such a roundabout point in such an arbitrary fashion without really clearly the points other people are making is why I think you might actually be on the spectrum.

Now go ahead, please point out how your idiocy was just bait and that you were merely pretending to be retarded.

This. I do it more for the fun of helping people than the souls you get, which you get out the ass in this game anyway.

I used to dick around in WoW in world pvp. Sometimes I stunned, rooted, mind controlled etc. for a few minutes and then left them alone.
But if they fought back I wrekt their shit.

The only time I was actively being an asshole was during BC when I sat around the Ally town in Hillsbrad and killed everything there.
Up until someone brought their main I would then just bubble and HS out :^)

yes

>The poster you replied to merely pointed out that FROM almost certainly did not implement this feature for the purpose of facilitating hosts denying white phantoms rewards for bosses that they had just killed
Then why using black crystal prevents phantoms from getting reward?

>Then why using black crystal prevents phantoms from getting reward?
Jesus christ, no wonder that other guy said he was going to have an aneurysm.

What's going on and whats the point of this glitch?

Invading doesn't automatically make you a dick, that train of thoughtvus just pants-on-head stupid

I have no reason to be a faggot, so I try to stick with being a good guy.

If you're passive aggressive and spamming memes though I won't be afraid to call you out on it.

>bullying helpless girls in games because no gf

The true avenger, warrior of justice

i dont get it

>breaking into someone house untending to kill owner doesn't automatically make you a dick
>Using ingame mechanic the way it was intended to send phantom back because don't need him anymore hurts my feelings and "That was the most assholish thing I've seen in Dark Souls."
Very strange logic

FUGS blocks make the opponent's weapon bounce. But in pvp it will still bounce if you roll at the last moment even if you're never phsycially hit.
It's not very useful outside of being annoying because the opening is too short to punish.

looks like the ultragreatsword maintains the barrier even after he begins his dodge, meaning he can do flips and shit all day and the other guy can't do anything bout it

>the way it was intended
Ah, I can see it now. The FROM idea guys were sitting around headquarters thinking, "how can we make it to where the host can deny a phantom his reward after already having helped him kill the boss?"
You're such a fucking idiot I actually have a headache from talking to you.

the worst thing is: he's dead serious about it

either way, I'd stop replying, some people can't be educated

You are doing some amazing thought gymnastics there to make yourself seem right, but you're not.
You're not worth anyone's time.

>Sending phantoms back wasn't intended use of black crystal
>BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW I DON'T HAVE ARGUMENTS ANYMORE'
Well, good to know

If someone has a gank squad, then I'll stick to the NPCs and make the invasion as protracted as possible. If they hit the NPCs, it's their own fault. It's an intended mechanic of the game, too.

>das3
>npc in the world

You don't have any actual argument yourself.

possibly

You're using circular logic you see. There's literally nothing anyone could say to get you to realize what a fucking idiot you are making yourself out to be, because you will "counter" it by looping back around to your own unfounded claims as evidence (or you try indicate that because you said one thing that was true, your other points were also true). You might feel like you're right because people get tired of arguing with you and you get the last word in, but in actuality it's just that you're such a fucking idiot that you are incapable of realizing just how fucking dumb you sound. The only reason people argued with you up to this point is that they gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you had at least a few functional brain cells.

I wasn't aware that blade could fall without the lever either side of it being pulled first.

Let's make it clear, you argument is:
>"USING BLACK CRYSTAL IS MORE ASSHOLE MOVE THAN INVADING SOMEONE WORLD WITH INTENT TO KILL HOST AND PREVENT HIM FROM PROGRESSING BECAUSE FROM OBVIOUSLY DIDN'T WANTED BLACK CRYSTAL TO BE USED TO SEND PHANTOM BACK AND PREVENT THEM FROM GETTING REWARD"
My counter argument was that using black crystal in any possible way will prevent phantom from getting reward and that you only mad because your feelings

>I AM SILLY

fucking destroyed god damn the man had a family

What do you think the crystal is for? What is the purpose of the item? Do you know?

Been playing DS3 again in preparation for the Ringed City and I'm reminded of how much invasions always pissed me off in Souls games.
>The invasion system was/is so unbelievably broken in DS1 that out of habit I try to play all souls games offline
>you are able to be invaded right outside the final Boss room in DS3
>after each and every single Boss fight I have to cash in my souls and then immediately kill myself to prevent some chucklefuck with an insanely broken build from either stun-locking me to death or killing me in 1 hit

It sucks because I really want to level up in the Watchdogs of Farron Covenant but can't farm swordgrass very well and nobody ever summons me for the purpose that rewards me with swordgrass

git gud

Send phantom back or leave host world
By sending phantom back you automatically prevent him from getting reward he would get when time runs off or after boss of the zone would be killed

>Ringed City

>Red orb exists so you can kill other people. >Using it to kill other people is a-okay

>Black crystal exists to end co-op sessions where a phantom is being a dick or the host needs to rest at a bonfire
>Using it after the phantom has completed their goal is a dick move

I don't know how much simpler we can make this for you.

So can you accept that the example here while its part of the game, is an oversight from the developers? The purpose of the item is to end undesirable co-op. Kicking a summon as the boss dies is not the intended use, but a developer oversight.

Which CLEARLY means that FROM implemented it specifically to deny phantoms rewards for beating the boss after doing so. It can't possibly be that it was intended for other purposes and that this specific implementation was an unforseen use that FROM had not planned on.

You'll never make it simple enough for him because he's doing this on purpose.

Anyone who's been replying to that guy seriously is a fucking idiot.

Do you really think there aren't people stupid enough to actually make an argument like he is? Have you never spent time on facebook?

People did it since first das and it become popular in the das2, if it really was unintended, they would fixed this shit long ime ago, like they removed arrows that break your armor from the game
Think about it
>INVADING WORLD TO KILL PERSON AND RUIN HIS WALKTGROUGH IS OKAY BECAUSE YOU CAN
>USING CRYSTAL TO SEND PEOPLE BACK BECAUSE YOU CAN IS BEING DICK
Wow, just wow

what do you expect from "muh hardcore souls" community?

Yeah, everyone already saw that you got rekt for being retard who thinks that hurting feelings is wrong and should be banned

The purpose of invasions is inherently hostile, so hostility is appropriate.

The purpose of summoning is inherently cooperative, so hostility is inappropriate.

How about all of you stop talking, none of you are making any headway and are wasting time. This is your official "get out of a pointless argument" post.

All he's done is repeat himself over and over so it's obvious that arguing with him is a huge waste of time, even if he is being serious.

Thanks senpai

There is no "Gitting Gud" at a broken system unless what you mean is for me to play the game with an equally broken character just to fend them off without ever being able to play how I want.
Been there done that. it isn't any fun.

So, it's okay for the criminal to break into someone house, kill his owner and rape his little son because purpose is inherently hostile? Maybe it's okay because it's part of criminal's rich culture?
Wow, just wow

Holy shit dude, i understand you had problems in DS1, but you have literally no excuses in DS3.
You have two out of fucking 8 covenants that are basically the fun police, if you get invaded fucking chameleon around and wait for the cops to arrive if you are such a fucking pussy.
If not, learn that invading and getting invaded is part of the fun, DS3 is even more casualish since if you have close to 0 embers the game actually gives you some freely by increasing the droprates of that shit by 300%, even from common enemies.
And while i hate the meme, you should seriously get good.
The PVP in dark souls is probably the most abysmal game mechanic ever, it isn't even something extremely hard or fucking mind-sucking, it's all about timing and learning where to attack and dodge.
Learn that and you can kill shitters pretty easily.
Of course i'm explaining this to a retard that is either a r1 spammer or worse, but fuck me if i didn't git gud the hard way with invasions.
PVP in DS3 is probably the easiest, so get fucking good son.

You're always at an advantage as the host.
You have more HP, you can heal significantly more, you can summon help, you have an unlimited supply of a free item to turn enemies hostile to the invader, your goal is to get through the level, not kill the invader, so avoiding him rather is an option.

I did that once just to see if it worked and had a giggle about it.
It was a very early boss so the reward was shit either way.