Jade Empire

Is this game any good?

I've honestly never heard anything about it.

Other urls found in this thread:

jade-empire-in-style.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

When I played it back in 2005 I really liked it. No idea if it's still good after 12 years though.

It's alright. Pretty standard bioware game. Think KoToR without the Star Wars universe. Just replace the light and dark side with open and closed fist style.

It's okay, just don't go in expecting another KotOR. The combat is kinda clunky and the game is linear as fuck, but it's overall well written and a fun ride.

Its okay. It used to be underappreciated back when it was released, but its gotten enough popularity since then.
Its not a mindblowing experience, but its not bad as some autistic contrarians might say.

Combat takes awhile to get used to.

All of their pre-EA games are at least pretty good.

>The games loading screens talk about Horse lords and their uneasy truce. Making it seem that they will be featured in the game
>In reality you only visit one town, the city, the temple of dirge and the imperial palace.

Black Whirlwind is best character.

For the time the environments looked fucking amazing. Its a shame the characters were stuck in 2003.

Pretty decent game with good old bioware writing. The writing still comes down to being basic black and white, but it tells of a fairly interesting setting and premise. Any fan of bioware before ea should play it.

Its also surprisingly funny. Like they knew the setting was ridiculous and didn't take it too seriously.

Story was great

it was decent. looked good for the time

It's pretty good. Story is very nice and the gameplay can be fun. Be sure to use this mod even if it's your first playthrough.

jade-empire-in-style.com/

It is very much worth at least one playthrough sometime in your life, you can probably pick the game up for like 5-10 dollars now too.

The story is actually pretty interesting and some of the companions are unique as fuck for a Bioware game.

You can have a threesome with two of the female companions in your party in this game, god damn have times changed. Can you imagine Bioware doing something like that these days?

What is this?

>Its also surprisingly funny.
This.
Can we all agree Lustful Lao is a piece of shit?

It's a great game, not as good as Kotor but great none the less.
Get the special edition from steam.

>Can you imagine Bioware doing something like that these days?
They'd probably cut the hetero stuff out of the game and leave that homo relationship intact.

By the way OP, the good and bad are not so good and bad.
Closed fist may seem like the evil route but pretty much everyone you come across explains it as just putting yourself first and not caring about being an asshole.

I did feel bad about the woman in the arena though.

>Get the special edition from steam.

No, get it from GOG. The steam version is straight up broken and doesn't even run for many people.

Forgot that.
Do what this user said OP.

It's better than Dragon Age

It's pretty good, all things considered.
Don't go in expecting Mass Effect, and the game feels rushed as fuck.
You can pretty much pick your favorite party member, since the differences between them are basically irrelevant.
Open hand and closed palm go through the required frustrating "See, they really aren't just good and evil, I told you so!" moments in an otherwise black and white setting.
The absolute hardest part of the game is the opening 30 minutes. You coast from there.

>games loading screens talk about Horse lords

of course fantasy china talks about fantasy nomads. do you even basic chinese history?

Even then, Casey Hudson was full of lies.

>we're not going to make the Way of the Open Palm and Closed Fist generic good/evil
>but they're generic good/evil

Tad short because they apparently had to cut content but it's definitely the adventure if you go in unspoiled. I even have the strategy guide but I think the Monk Zeng stuff isn't unlockable anymore since Xbox online is dead.

I wish there was a way to get the Xbox content for Battlefront 2.

It didn't age too well but I replayed it several times. Was really fun.

You can fix it though, I did though i don't remember how. There's a guide somewhere.

Best Bioware game to date
fite me

My first playthrough in like 07 or whenever I played all the way up until the dirge and had the difficulty on second highest the whole time and hit a brick wall on the fountain ghost fight then lowered it.

Best companion is Black Whirlwind and replaying it I really appreciate Zu for Robin Atkin Downes.

I hate when you make Death's Hand a companion it locks you into Closed Fist and everyone hates your guts.

>Think I could explain my reasoning
>Nope have to force them to understand
At least his Open Palm epilogue was nice