There will be one inbetween now and the launch of the Switch

There will be one inbetween now and the launch of the Switch.
At some point within the next 20 days, we will get another short Switch direct, if only to remind us of its launch date.

Assuming we get more than that though, what are you hoping for?

I want to know more about Virtual Console and the online play.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/830182413850521601
youtube.com/watch?v=97vYf9t3GU8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lemme getta source

More like online pay, amirite?

For comparison, see image.

The WiiU launched on Nov 18

I'm pretty okay without one. At this point all I want is an ARMS direct, and I'm sure that won't happen until a month or two before that game releases.

Wasn't ARMS set to launch in March or April?

March is launch month, so it would have been listed as such. April is Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. ARMS is some time after that. I could see May, potentially.

at best we will get an ARMs direct, then E3

They have yet to talk about some things concerning the Switch itself though such as VC

Actual games

What kind of games do you enjoy?

>4 new real games don't coun't, I will refuse everything that isn't Bethesda realistic pine forest
Yeah, why are you even posting on a gaming board? Sup Forums has more of what you like.

Non shallow ones.
Switch has zero games in its first year, its really baffling.
Zelda is on WiiU, Id care about splatoon if it had a beefy single player and while mario will be good Im not excited for it.

I absolutely despise western games usually though

You can't even answer a simple question, I just wanted to know some games you enjoy and all you do is shitpost

It'll be virtual console, eshop and launch games mainly. I hope we get some extra announcements from any of their numerous 2nd parties and studios that haven't announced anything yet. Especially Hal.

What about Retro?
WHAT IS RETRO DOING

I want to see the decap.

Hal has been doing that box guy thing on 3DS
It just bombed again

3DS Direct February 16th, 47 minutes for US/Europe, 35 minutes for Japan
Switch Direct March 2rd, 14 minutes for US/Europe, 86 minutes for Japan

>14

Their first original game, I guess. It better be good.

Hal is a relatively big studio, dude, the box games are obviously just side projects.

How hard would you buy a Switch?

launch day with a 3 hour treehouse "launch party" where all the team take turn and show "their favorite game" and play. (but still has a big focus on zelda)
end with a small music trailer for the games we know, some gets more info (like a quarter for xenoblade 2).
and maybe a tease at the very very end for what will be their E3's central game this game (probably smash bros, but why not.. bayo 3).

Note that we are still waiting for an animal crossing direct (phone game, that was first announced to release close to FE). And a 3DS direct (the Oasis game, but also nintendo hinting "a lot of unannounced games" for it recently).

Fuck the 3DS, I want them to abandon it immediately

Unless they announce online is free I wont be buying the thing.

>double cross
>same garbage as Cross just with g rank
no thanks, I'll wait for Tri v2 aka MH5

While I would love to play more Monster Hunter I really wasn't a fan of Generations. Would love them if they just did a MH4U port instead like with Wii U of 3U.

But online is completely free. Until this fall or so. In any case, now it's free, so go ahead and buy one.

I guess you will never, ever again buy a console. Ever.

monster hunter is trash and anyone who plays it is subhuman

I know, I have actually made peace with that fact recently.
Its about time I stopped playing and spending so much on games and started doing other things anyways.

Nintendo is organizing a private meeting at their Nintendo Store in New York

twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/830182413850521601

At least not until retards stop paying for online.

Do you think the service would go away if people just stopped paying for it?

Protip: No.

>Here's a taste, good shit right?

So like I said. Never again.

They're gonna sacrifice a virgin developer to bring good luck to the new console, aren't they?

>Direct actually happens.
>starting today, we'll have a million more preorders available from all major retailers across the nation.

That's all I want.

Blame dudebros. At least it'll only be half of what the other companies are robbing their users.

Don't worry user, I'm in the same relative boat as you except I overcome this shitfest by purchasing the console used years later when the games list is high and the piracy is abundant.

Nintendo won't see a penny from me until they remove paid online.

t. salty sonygger

>At least they're hardly raping us.
True. For now.

t. retard who plays clunky games

Of course

After they culled all those Foxconn employees after the leaks they're having problems pumping them out

Am I the only one in the world excited for Octopath Traveler
I haven't heard it mentioned in a Switch thread before.

Only poorfags do this. You miss out on so many fun games because the multiplayer is now ded by the time you buy it.

I have mentioned it before but was told to fuck off

youtube.com/watch?v=97vYf9t3GU8

It does look interesting and I liked Bravely Default (same devs), so I'll probably check it out.

Looks extremely low budget, hope the music and story compensates

What if I dont like multiplayer games.

>playing multiplayer games

It means you have autism

It's from the Bravely guys and they seem to be embracing their low budget this time so maybe the game will feel like a complete product unlike Default without having to recycle content like Second

>Spend money on things I don't need to prove I'm not poor so hard!
>Buying the system straight away when it's the most expensive and least useful
>Paying for online

Also, I have real live people to play. You can stop being an idiot and try it sometime.

Y-yeah you totally do. I bet you have sick mario kart, smash, pokken, splatoon etc. parties over at your place every other night.

You may not believe this but I can buy hundreds of Switchs at launch. The reason I can afford to do this is because I don't pay for shit I don't need.

not him but my friends love playing those games

I just got back from a party. It wasn't video games, but still real people. Keep trying, endorse the stupid. It's enjoyable to see you all fall.

But not, please keep t-trying to make me sound unconfident, it works on the retarded. At least you got them user.

Sure buddy. I know the "I'll wait until the console is old to buy one used, then hack it and play some single player games on it" people like you that are always a generation behind.

Thats the best thing to do though.

You're called out on being stupid yet persist. OK, you win mate. You're the rightest!

I sure hope Nintendo is paying you well.

Some of the most fun on the WiiU was actually playing Splatoon, MK8, SMM, Pokken, MH3U and such while they were alive, new and had an active online.

It's the most retarded thing to do. It's what you do if you have no money at all and live off of ramen.

>It's the most retarded thing to do
Says the retard lol

Wow good argument buddy.
Did you pick up a used PS3 by now? They should be cheap.

Yes, I have. I'm sure you've just misplaced your point.

You're doing great, keep going!

You sound like one of those fags who can only play a game if its "hyped" and other people are playing it too.
You probably don't even like video games, you just like getting in on the latest hip fad

but iwata was alive back then. things have changed and they do fewer directs. they had a huge event to forgo directs and they're having a press conference at e3

My interests are moderately piqued since I like the developers.
But it's hard to be excited when I don't really know anything about Octopath Traveler. I need to see more of it.

I like the theme of adventuring though.

SMM is fucking trash. 99% of the levels that get uploaded are not even worth bothering with.

Let's say I want to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

What do you think is better?

A) Buy it at full price when it launches and have a ton of fun playing it both single player and online with Sup Forums and others while it's very fresh and active

B) Buy it at half price many years later when barely anyone else plays anymore and the only online lobbies you find are a few random Brazilians and Japanese that lag like shit.

But hey, with B) you saved like, 30 dollars or something. That must be worth it!

>Wii U having an active anything

but i bet you love bloodborne because it's your only game

Why are people so upset about paid online? It is apparently cheaper than the other two systems, and it probably runs better than before to compensate.
Besides, most of the games that would support it still have local multiplayer (and of course on-the-go multiplayer).

>>>>>playing with Sup Forums
lmao'ing at your life

Yeah, actually. Try not being completely new to Sup Forums, then you would have seen the years of MK8 lobby threads it had.

Or MH3U or SMM for that matter. Or Splatoon.

splatoon and mk8 are still really active

I bet you like Star Fox Zero because its the only game Wii U got at all last year kek

I definitely think out of those two options A is better. But luckily I live in a world where I can do:
C) Play with real people, when they come over to chill and want a chill game to play. I bought it later so I saved like 30 bucks!

Your logic is sound though, no really. Between a decent choice and a shitty choice the decent choice truly is better. Your point though is lost because you're also a stupid fuck.

unlike you im not a single platform pleb

Anyone who actually owns a Wii U is probably a massive faggot that I wouldn't want to associate with
3DSbros are cool though

If that's the deal then sure.

>Hey senpai wanna pay $300-500 every few years for a new console on top of $60 games that almost never go on sale and never more than 50% off
>Oh and pay for access to our servers even though cheating and downtime is just as prevalent?

Consoles are a bad bargain and have been since the Wii era.

I bet you don't even realize that games should in theory have gone up in price. They've been at 60 for so long that it's not really economic for them anymore.

But there is a gigantic stigma against prices being over 60 in the gaming world, so they have to make money through other means such as season passes, dlc, deluxe editions and so on.

I'm not even joking, it's a real problem for many studios and publishers. You can read up on it if you want to find out more.

lmao you are pathetic

>Star Fox Guard
>TMS#FE
>Paper Mario Color Splash

>>Star Fox Guard
Trash, not even a full game
>>TMS#FE
censored trash
>>Paper Mario Color Splash
trash

Here's an alternative way of keeping the price the same without fucking you on DLC: don't spend five hundred million dollars on marketing and celebrity voiceovers

t. Wii U owner

I'm well aware. Good thing they can still make millions and millions off a successful release.

>DZIEƁO
w-what?

>>TMS#FE
Is this nigga serious?

100% false, they were good games, Color Splash was even GOTY for 2016 and put TMS#FE to shame.

An Animal Crossing on the Switch would be pretty comfy

cool how you can type it but not know what it means

>Color Splash was even GOTY for 2016
I didn't think it was possible to have this much shit taste.

USA looks more believable, normal people don't wear swim suits in the city.

>Color Splash was even GOTY for 2016
I'm interested in hearing your reasoning for your opinions.

What was the 2016 GOTY?

Color Splash was a huge improvement over Sticker Star and puts Overwatch to shame.

Pokemon Sun and Moon
I don't give a fuck about """""realism""""". If I wanted that I'd play western garbage. No the USA outfits are not better. Fuck off already.

That is not a opinion, that is a fact.

>Color Splash was a huge improvement over Sticker Star
That's like saying getting stabbed in the arm is better than getting stabbed in the face

>normal people don't wear swim suits in the city.
They do when they're doing a model photoshoot.

Says the man who can't get enough about 2 brothers who eat mushrooms to grow big and pluck fire balls at turtles when those 2 brothers grab a special flower.

Also Yooka Laylee & Shovel Knight are not garbage.