What makes Neptunia the worst series made this decade?

What makes Neptunia the worst series made this decade?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pIxb0oPDxvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=TDpNe2gR9jM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it doesn't have a male main character as a self-insert.

If it did, it'd be one of the greatest series ever.

Pretty much. I would eat this shit up if it did.

I'm gonna Nep you so hard

Style over substance.

>it doesn't have a male main character as a self-insert.
>If it did, it'd be one of the greatest series ever.

they had a self insert for Noire's game and PP and they are considered to be the worst

V-II has a male main character and he's not hated

I think it's pretty funny.
But HyperDevotion Noire had a Male self insert and everyone hated it.

Because [EXAMPLE OF A BAD SERIES] came out in 2008.

Neptunia is the giant elephant dressed up as a coat rack of vidya.

>HyperDevotion Noire

wow really?

Didn't know. They must be faggots then.

I should probably check this out.

youtube.com/watch?v=pIxb0oPDxvQ

Most of the budget goes towards hiring VAs.

>Nep is already 10 years old
What the fuck?

youtube.com/watch?v=TDpNe2gR9jM
Name a better confession in the series.
You literally can't.

the series first came out in 2012

and by god it's a mess

>mfw playing it after playing mk2 which I played after V

>the series first came out in 2012
Wrong. They were already shitting out the third game by 2012.

Because it doesn't have a single positive quality attached to it's name, it's all weeb pandering.

Great Characters
Great Music
Great Storytelling

/thread

Nope, nope, and nope.

here, I was wrong.

First game came out here on Feb 15, 2011

Yep, yep, and yep.

>Got the FF dark advent
>Replaying the game
>Remember why i love the game
I like Fang and other male characters, I don't mind female protags but all female cast to Yurifags now that makes me drop it.

Nep, nep, and nep.

yea exactly.

Always loved Fairy Fencer a lot more than Neptunia for this same reason.

Some music maybe, but

>characters are overused anime tropes
>story telling and characterization is done through references as subtle as smashing your face on a brick wall, and stale memes
>any "plot" could have been recycled from one of the numerous JRPG's or vidya parodies of the last two decades

The writing is pretty funny and it got away with some serious stuff like child murdering and teen suicide.
Some tracks are genuinely good, even more so if you like denpa and the story telling is great. fuck you.

>characters are overused anime tropes
Like? Neptune isn't exactly the Genki girl. They're all pretty fleshed out. Even the Tsundere Noire. And after a few games, they're all really unique in their own ways.
>story telling and characterization is done through references as subtle as smashing your face on a brick wall, and stale memes
Trying to argue in memes and stupid anologies is completely pointless. At least make a point.
>any "plot" could have been recycled from one of the numerous JRPG's or vidya parodies of the last two decades
Name another "vidya parodies". Memelands? There hasn't been a vidya parody since segagaga, and I know you didn't play that game.

There's very little yuri to be honest.
There's some implied but it's mostly used as a joke.
It's like
Vert and Nepgear are paired mostly because Vert really wants a sister and because Nepgear fucked up in V
Uni and Nepgear because it's a homage to Neptune and Noire
And Noire and Neptune is more like a strong friendship because Noire is retarded and has no friends.

>Name another "vidya parodies". Memelands? There hasn't been a vidya parody since segagaga, and I know you didn't play that game.
This is a strong point actually.
People tend to forget Nep is a comedy/parody game that takes jabs at the industry and that's often mistaken for memes.
>Don't put memes in your game because it makes them feel dated faster
The memes are a necessity of the context most of the time.

yeah nah fuck off

They were right at the start of the trend of "Game has shit gameplay, shit graphics, shit soundtrack, shit asset and production values, shit story, and shit characters, but is beloved by desperate virgin weebs because it has cute girls in it", and may well have had a hand in forming and shaping the genera. For this alone the series is the worst of the decade, and possibly the worst of the last 3 decades.
These shits were literally the death of the game industry.

I'm sure Arfoire is the death of Gamindustri.

>Uni and Nepgear because it's a homage to Neptune and Noire
No, it's because the PSP and gamegear are the only other handhelds to try and challenge nintendo

Its not
it has its own brand of shitposting fun and is quite comfy to play, the characters really make the game

I like girls, but hate yuri. So I hate this game. Stop hating on weebs.

We all don't like the same degenerate shit. I have conservative values.

>Great characters
Literally the only good characters for the series are the one-line jokes that are other companies characters, like NIS/A and Falcom. Any other actual character from the series is a walking ball of shitty weeb tropes and lolsorandom reference I just made there humor.

>Great Music
None of the music from the series is good. All of it is overly complicated "technological" trash with random beebs thrown in, and edgy "epic boss" music.
I will give you a single exception in Clapping.

>Great Storytelling
*Ahem*
>We are in this totally unreasonable volcano lair to fight with this bad guy!
>Raaaarg
>Like, hey Compa, isn't that bad guy wierd?
>I dunno, Noire, what do you think
>Raaaaargh, stop ignoring me
>B-be quiet all of you, I don't care about anything
>Raaaarh I'm going to fight you now for ignoring me
>Fight monster
>Oh, wow, I'm tired. I'm going to not follow the quest and go nap because I'm good-for-nothing
>Repeat this 20 more times with different bad guys
There, I have just written about 85% of a HDN game.

I don't hate weebs, I'm hating on a game that does nothing but capitalize on their lonliness and brings nothing else to the table.
If anything I'm advocating for the rights and health of weebs, because this shit isn't good for them.

You guys keep calling Nep a weeb pandering game, yet it doesn't have self inserts and makes fun of weebs all the time.

Well, anything that sells on cute girls (which Neptunia kind of does) is weeb pandering.

And even if it is, I don't see what the big deal is.

yeah its just a yuri pandering game which is essentially the same cancerous shit.

Neptunia keeps selling because the game industry keeps releasing good material to make fun of.
Next Nep Game after 4GO will probably shred K-Sha to the ground, changing her from gun loving yandere to a panchinko whore

Oh, right, better take it off the list along with Senran.

But I'm not lonely.

user, there's not that much yuri pandering. Just because it has a few brief yuri cg shots doesn't make it a purely yuri pandering game, you know.

Where's the Yuri though?
In the Re;Birth Series we only have
R;B1
Vert and IF
Nep and Noire (kinda)
R;B2
Uni and Nepgear
Mina (Kinda, not really)
And the super forced and never seen before Chika.
R;B3
Has like what? Literally no lesbians, just Iris heart who is a dominatrix and sees everyone as her toys.
Maybe Anonydeath and Noire?

So you played 5 minutes? Because that is the only part.

It's not the same type of game though.
Senran is aimed towards teens and Nep is aimed towards Game Industry fans.
It's not the same to say otaku are gross to sonyggers are literally brainless bandwagoners.

I like how everyone just forgot or refuses to talk about Producing Perfection.

Not even hardcore fans can defend that.

That was kind of funny Manzai.
Have you tried writing a Manzai show, user?

Read Literally the post above yours.

I can tell you for an absolute fact that this scene, or a variation thereof (Sans volcano lair), cropped up no fewer than six times. Probably more, but I only counted six.

>I only play nep for the witty commentary on the console wars, I swear!

I play it for the comedy and witty commentary to be honest.
The game wouldn't be as fun if it wasn't a cringefest.

Not him, but I will concede that the storytelling in Nep isn't too deep.

Though for what it is, there is a surprising amount of lore that can be explored and made into great games.

Aftermath of Conquest, the battle against the evil goddess, more detail on the rise and fall of the Tari nation, and perhaps further detail on how ASIC got into power.

Any of these topics are ripe for more expansion.

How ASIC got into power?
They started making R4(get it?) cartridges and flash cards plus chips to jailbreak consoles making the goddesses lose shares and thus power. This opened a window for them to collect the shares and make themselves, the CFW, stronger.

This. V-II is my favorite because of the Shas. especially S and E

>Sup Forums is making fun of Neptunia

When will the bullying stop?

>especially S and E
My nigga.

I heard good things about megadimension, should i try it, even after i dropped rebirth 2 ?

Go for it, you really don't need to play the previous games to get into V-II since Nep and some of the other characters do a fair bit of exposition on some of the events of the previous games.

Neptunia only had a shitty first game.

Everything outside of that is just a fucking meme. Everybody who's played the games has realized that Compile Heart actually improves their games. For most people that actually gave this series a chance, it's just another turn based JRPG with its own thing going for it.

If you like JRPGs, I see no reason why you would hate Neptunia.