Resident Evil 7 has made back its development cost and can now be considered a commercial success

dsogaming.com/news/resident-evil-7-has-already-recouped-its-development-cost/

Times Sup Forums was wrong thread?

>game breaks even
>its a success
pick 1 and only 1

Everything they've said ever

Except for TOR, which has resulted in them clinging to it like flies to shit, trashing every game they see for a chance to recreate the magic of being right for once in their life

Congrats Capcom

I'm pretty hyped for REmake 2 and RE8

First time in 10 years I was hyped for the next RE game. Although that next game ended up being RE5

I said it was a Commercial success

Thanks for contributing user to the times Sup Forums was wrong yet again

So if you succeed you didn't break even?
Or are you trying to say there is a certain amount past breaking even to become successful?

Breaking even is basically the same as having zero growth on an investment. No net money has been made.

Example: Water World broke even, but that doesn't mean it was a commercial success.

Breaking even only means you didn't fuck up terribly, but might not be worth it to risk it again.

I think the whole point is now we know any more lifetime sales will be considered profit.

There are very, very few games that don't make back their development costs. Marketing is another hurdle, and sometimes costs nearly as much.

That said, REVII took longer than I expected. RE4 and 5 made development costs sooner than that.

>So if you succeed you didn't break even?
>goes full retard
breaking even != commercial success.

now go be a nigger elsewhere.

It's still shit.

its pretty good.

TORtanic is the worst thing to happen to this fucking board. Everything but the a few shitty circlejerked games is panned to no end here, by people who've only ever seen trailers of the game they're shitting on, let alone played it themselves.

Looking back, RE5 was great. Don't deny this.

i dont care
give us silent hills

No it was shit, but it wasn't as shit as 6.

game is meh

Don't Capcom's investors consider it a commercial failure as of a few weeks ago.

It's good. Great in VR. You should try it.

I thought marketing costs were lumped in with development for most cases.