Pkeks BTFO

Microsoft has banned all emulators from the windows store.

Windows 10 fags BTFO

Where were you when ยต$ saved the industry?

>Windows store

No shit, MS aren't gonna get away with you playing NES games on your Xbox. If you wanted an emulator you'd still get it online through a browser. Same if you'd want to use one on your Xbox.

I don't have Windows 10, but why would anyone ever upload an emulator to an official store and expect it to stay up?

>been using Linux for years, never run into problems like these

thang god I dual boot W7 and Casual Mint

source?
that is a pretty big dick move

>emulators
>windows store

huh?

>windows
>store
lmao, who even uses that shit?

>windows store
You mean the thing you instantly block after installing windows 10

Why would any emulators be in the windows store to begin with? Is there some long history of emulators being on mainstream stores or something?

>windows store

>Windows store
uh.. ok. I'll just keep googling them as I've been doing for all my life up until now

>linux for gaming

Wine ain't good enough and there's not a whole lot of native support yet.

>emulators
>on windows store
>buying emulators
>using windows store

what

lol this

I don't know if you haven't been paying attention, but M$ is trying to lock people out of running any programs not from the store.

>from the windows store.
And nothing of value was lost

Have they? I've seen nothing like that

things are getting much better each year. There are tons of games with Linux ports that run great.

I miss out on shit like Doom 2016 but there's plenty of other good games to play instead

#Fake news

>saved the industry?
Let's say this is relevant and they somehow made IMPOSSIBLE to emulate any platform on any platform.
How does that save anything? It only means that one day it will be impossible to play some games from '80s and '90s, unless devs will jew some money out of you by making "remasters".

>Windows Store

>what is playonlinux ?
>what is knowing how to use a Computer ?

>remembering the days filled with nothing but tux racer
Civ V runs like dream. Dolphin is dope. Linux catalog on steam keep on piling. Things are getting rosier. I really hope Source 2 isn't shit.

>windows store
apex kek

One can hope that some day no game will be limited by OS. Some day.
I suppose dual boot and a good SSD is close enough though

I recall there being a thing in one of those test updates the rolled out now allowing people to run .exe files without checking some box then it still not running them even after it was checked.

*not allowing

Doom 2016 runs near flawlessly through wine since it uses opengl though.

all they do with this shit is ensure that mainstream linux support does keep increasing

yeah, but I don't want to give money to devs that won't compile their shit on other platforms. Microsoft pays off big devs on key titles to deliberately withhold Linux support (and many times Mac as well) even though compiling onto Linux is even easier than porting to Mac.

So fuck them, I know I won't like that game more than Brutal Doom anyways so I can just do something else with my time.

>Playonlinux uses wine
>technical limitations of wine are at all related to my fluency with computers

really activates my neurons

>windows store
you mean that shitty storefront that doesn't even have an official youtube app and is so terrible they had to refund games and move them to steam?
that store?

People are retards that think because they play a small selection of games that may or may not work that everyone should switch to Linux on their main machine and use wine.

Oh heavens! Where will I go to get my emulators now??????

I literally didn't know it existed until just now and have been using Windows 10 since it launched.

pkeks: sorry who

win10: oh the normies kak

no more emu for pc gaiz watch out kak

What a sorry excuse of a post

>windows store

Hell, even if source 2 is dick, that's not going to stop valve from pushing for more linux support in games.
You'd think more people would be anti-windows with all of the shady shit they've been doing, but I guess infinite marketing money and brand loyaly/recognition/bandwagonning is a hell of a drug

>mainstream
>linux
>Desktop market share at 2.14%

THE YEAR OF LINUX!

>Windows 10
lol

>windows store
the what now

>Microsoft has banned all emulators from the windows store.
>banned all emulators from the windows store.
>emulators from the windows store
>emulators
>windows store

What's a Sup Forums-approved linux desktop environment?

I will carry on emu as usual and so will everyone else, kak.

Sup Forumsentoo

t. I've never been to Sup Forums but I still enjoy the memes

>Botnetcuck 10

gentoo

it's personal preference

There's a shitton of emulators on the Android store though.

It's a really subjective subject, but my safest recommendation is XFCE. It's very easy to understand if you have experience with classic Windows such as XP.

wait, emulators were on the windows store?

google has never taken down emulators from their play store as far as i know

>windows store
lmao

What kind of retard gets emulators from there?

I believe it was launched in Windows 8, as part of the "we want the tablets audience" move.

>this thread

lol as if Mac OS is 3%

The only reason I know about the windows store is because some news website I was on had an ad that got past adblock that forced the windows store to open if you clicked on it

Wasn't that update only for fucking tablets, though?

My GPU drivers for Linux seem wonky. Framerates look good on paper, but there's a lot of microstutter.

>windows 10

>XP
>7%
It's a great OS but man those guys are being left behind in the dust. Don't they know they can pirate an OS?

It's mostly insitutions with old hardware.

It's the UWP thing. It's not at that point yet, but it's where microsoft wants to take it.

MS isn't a hard company to understand. When they introduce anything new like that, the purpose is always either Control, Exclusion, or both together, because being anti-competitive is the only way they know how to compete.

>vista not even listed
Even in its death it's still a failure.

This
>go to police station to fix my ID
>machines are still running XP

>Want to install something on your PC?
>Well you can't because we don't like it.

Who uses the Store? Remove it or use enterprise LTSB.

>my boy W7 still at 50%

When you create a perfect something, you let it be, and then you can tackle other problems.

***emulated***

>Ever Using Windows Store

>Getting your emulators from the windows store
I have windows 10 and im not stupid Enough to do that.

Well, good thing I banned the Windows Store from my PC long ago.

>Still got my XP & 7 OEMs
>Modern Games are mostly shit so no need to upgrade

Feels fucking fantastic. Good luck to the people who continue to buy into all this shit and let microsoft walk all over them.

>Windows store

???

Wait, I thought there is a way to disable auto updates for win 10.

Remember windows phone?
Well, anyway, the store used to have a shit load of GBA games years ago plus older versions of the os don't support sideloading

Just a matter of time.

>a year ago, the entire Paris-Orly airport had to be shut down because their systems running Windows 3.1 crashed and no one knew how to fix it

I am buying a computer from a friend in a few days for $300 and it has Windows 10. It's an i5 whatever with GTX 1050ti. $300 is the most I can ever have at any one time because of my financial situation being not so great. Poorfag shit. I mostly just wanna play Dark Souls 3 and I only have an old shitty PS4 controller and shit don't work for Dark Souls 2. Is it worth getting still if it has Windows 10 or what?

Unless it's one of the newest babylake i5s (which is unlikely considering the price), you can always replace W10 with W7.
Daz loader

There was, but they patched it out.

They work like this:
1. Introduce something bad but add option to disable it in order to "shush" those that point it out for being bad.
2. Remove option to disable it with "update" later on.

>Windows store
Next time try harder with something relevant and use one of your goldenlel.jpg instead faggot.

Can't you disable it by going to Control panel/Administrate Tools > Services ?

>Windows store
People were using that?
Lmao

You can disable the update service entirely, but IIRC you can only do this without registry hacks in Pro and Enterprise versions.

OP confirmed for underage

>Wine ain't good enough and there's not a whole lot of native support yet.

I mean, as far as emulators go, Linux tends to get the better end of the bargain than Windows as long as you don't get screwed out of GPU drivers.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE GIANT CORPORATION OWNING INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY BY THE BALLS ISN'T A FRIEND OF MINE?

What on earth is a windows store and why the fuck should I care.

Solution to windows:
>Someone cracks 7or 10 fully
>Release code as open source
>Develope our own windows
I know there would be a manhunt for the hacker cracker coder whatever but worth it

>Have to run everything in windows emulator
LOL

>Using the Windows Store
People only used it to buy Forza and KI though.

But can they succeed? Such system would be cracked in instant

So does the new privacy 'changes' get rid of most of the botnet?

Linux people seem to me like people who dont even game anymore, like they do it few times a year or only plau few games that work and i cant live like that, i wanna try everything usually

It doesn't matter if you disable it or not because they'll force update on you sooner or later.

Their whole approach with windows 10 is to pull their users by their noses and push them to use stuff that they benefit from (windows store, ads, collection of information...).

Win 7 still sucking dick, eating pussy and kicking ass