Scorpio

Honest question, not even shitposting, but what is the point of this system?

Who is it catered for? Enthusiasts will have a PC, casuals will have a PS4.

And then there is the fact they are revealing the fucking SPECS of the thing before they show off any of the games. Priorities.

So, really, what is the point of this thing? Graphicsgraphicsgraphics and Powerpowerpower can only get you so far without games or even a focus on games.

They made it so that whenever it fails they have a reason to drop out of the game industry.

for idiots who don't know about PC gaming

>And then there is the fact they are revealing the fucking SPECS of the thing before they show off any of the games. Priorities.

There's no fucking winning. They're likely getting the specs out of the way now, so that they can focus on games during E3. This has been common practice for a while.

>Honest question, not even shitposting
yeah
here, a question like this is shitposting
kill yourself

It's a pissing contest. Microsoft lost a lot of cred to sony because every shopkeeper was telling customers that the ps4 is bother cheaper and more powerful than the xbone. This is just a pissing contest.

if the specs were good they should reveal both at e3 with all those next gen touting tech demos and all and try to sell why this platform can do something others can't... reality is that it will play xbone games at 4k which fucking sucks

Or maybe just say "fuck the specs, games are what's important"

but no

>This has been common practice for a while
since when?

then you don't buy a fucking xbox, it has no redeeming qualities when it comes to gaming

gears is dead garbage
halo is callofdoody

>what is the point of this system?
Sony made the PS4-2, so now MS has to make the Xbox One-2. That's it. The only reason they're doing it is because sony did it. And the only reason sony did it was because Xbox did it last gen. It's just a circle of retardation.

Worked so well for the xbone
>No one cares about graphics
>No one cares about resolution
Then it got trashed for not being 1080p with the best graphics

>because Xbox did it last gen
there's not beefed up 360s

>Worked so well for the xbone

Because it has/had no fucking games. It's just a media box and everything they WERE working on got cancelled.

sorry, is there not? I thought that's what the xbox 360 slim was? Or is that just the same hardware in a different box? because I thought it was more powerful, but I could just be remembering wrong.

will it have otheros though? that would make me buy it

>if the specs were good they should reveal both at e3

Then you'll be sitting here a couple of months from now bitching about how they spent half the conference talking about specs instead of spending the whole time on games.

Well is there a stream for this thing or what?
It will start any minute now.

No stream.

Their reveal is a paid Digital Foundry article.

Not even joking.

Hasn't Spencer's big push during the last few E3's been 'games' focused? I thought they were using E3 as a platform to talk about games more and tech less. I'm sure there will be talk about scorpio at E3 but they can save that chunk of time they would use to talk tech instead to talk about whatever games they have in the works.

>Spencer's big push
stop this

Simply wow.
How the fuck do they thing they will get traction in the public?
DF already announced that it will upscale to 4K just like the pro so what else is there to say besides the price and upcoming games.

What I want to know most is from actual Xbox fans

If Scorpio is an actual next gen system, are they going to okay with them giving up on the One not even 4 years in for another system?

If it's just another Pro, will they even care?

I'm a huge xbox and xbox 360 fanboys that bought a ps4 instead of the xbone.
I bought the ps4 because all the weeb games I used to buy on 360 went to PS4.
Unless the scorpio change things I'll stick to PS4 even though it's a trash console

MS fucked up with Xbox One so Scorpio is their way of in a way, rebooting their take on this gen and gain similar sales numbers as PS4 has.

Because they don't want to start the shit storm that would ignite if they just told Xbox One owners "srry" and dropped Xbox One to release Scorpio as Xbox Two, they call it as upgraded Xbox One to keep us dumb asses happy.

Sure they say that Xbox One and Scorpio share the same game library but to me it's pretty fucking obvious that within a year or so we start seeing games that clearly were developed for Scorpio and the version of the game Xbox One has is just a half assed port. I also believe that what MS is going to do, is slowly but significantly reduce manufacturing numbers of the original Xbox One to eventually make Scorpio the one that can be found from the stores.

it's just the same shit

>spend 10 minutes telling how it's amazing and has 10 trillion transistors
>show 50 minutes of games on what this '''''''''''''amazing'''''''''''''''' console can do

Just as Jeff Bezos' Amazon got a $600M contract with the CIA, I'm assuming Microsoft got a very large contract as well to help them spy on Americans.

Most likely the CIA is footing the bill for the Scorpio because there it isn't good business sense for Microsoft to continue peddling consoles in 2017 after such a disastrous fall from grace.

he's full of shit though

why the fuck does CIA care so much about spying? like if it's a government organization, where's the fucking motivation?

cheap VR that outdoes the PSVR would be my guess

But who would develop such games? Microsoft has two or three dev teams wirth anything, and everyone else is going to keep devving for PS4 primarily

Data mine old systems is common. Not to mention like that one bomber who had a ps4 account they can track all of your shit

No one and it will fail hilariously

Microsoft have alienated their core demographics that create propaganda for Xbox by

a) making everything for PC
b) having no worthwhile exclusives

It gives them the best console version of third party games for two years. Meaning you'll be seeing Xbox versions of games being covered more than PS4 until the next gen. It gives them a bigger mindshare than what's happening now.

Well anyone who is making games for PC. Developing for Scorpio just means less downgrading as it would be if the main target for console was Xbox One.

Also some third parties are already making PS4 Pro patches for their games, so basically devs are already doing it.

PS4 pro is fairly new and for now it has just been about releasing pro patches for previously released games but I think this portig issue is going to start happening for PS4 as well where if you want to play the game it was meant, you should get PS4 pro.

>Well anyone who is making games for PC. Developing for Scorpio just means less downgrading as it would be if the main target for console was Xbox One.
How does that work? You don't develop for the highest grade hardware, you develop for the biggest consumer base. You make sure your main customers are taken care of, and then any spare bits of leftovers are used for the midgen consoles.

The games are all developed on PCs these days anyway, so Scorpio will change nothing.

How does a person become this gullible?

>asking the point of a console with no games
>y-you're just shitposting!

>implying
Just you watch.

>Enthusiasts will have a PC, casuals will have a PS4
>not even shitposting

What's wrong about that?

>people who take gaming seriously will have a more expensive solution that outputs better results
>people who aren't as serious about it will already own a playstation (by far the front runner of this generation, and a cheap alternative to a PC)
What on earth is wrong with that

10 minutes until absolutely fucking nothing

>Mfw got up early just to see this
>Its just going to be a fucking article

Again, casual gamers already have (mostly) a PS4 and a Xbox One.

There's a reason the PS4 Pro isn't selling like mad nor will the Scorpio. People don't care enough about it to get a new one, nor can they afford it.They already have the originals and are going to stick with it.

The only people who are going to buy it are either:

a) people who will sell their old ones to have money to buy the new one

b) rich youtubers

I just want things to fail to laugh at them