ITT: Vaporware

I guess Pikminbros just didn't want it that badly.

Other urls found in this thread:

eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-20-pikmin-4-in-development-and-very-close-to-completion
gamerant.com/pikmin-4-update-miyamoto/
youtube.com/watch?v=3vo3RG5i4WY
youtube.com/watch?v=Lv_TYktjv6I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it will probably suddenly return and launch like federation force
then we'll all forget about it 3 weeks later aside from occasional mention in more tense shitflinging arguments

You're damn right I didn't want it. I want Pikmin 4.

How long has it been? 4 years? I'm pretty sure Hub was announced before LBP3 and LBPVita.

But this is Pikmin 4, the one Miyamoto said was ****literally**** finished.

LIAR. I REFUSE TO BELIEVE.

If this was the case then the name during the Direct would've been Pikmin 4 clearly. They're both in development probably with Pikmin 4 just being ported to the Switch now/soon.

You're retarded. It's been confirmed that Pikmin 4 is a seperate thing.

Source?

IIRC he never said Pikmin 4 as in *Pikmin 4*, he just meant the fourth Pikmin game and it was mistranslated.

>IIRC he never said Pikmin 4 as in *Pikmin 4*, he just meant the fourth Pikmin game and it was mistranslated.
eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-20-pikmin-4-in-development-and-very-close-to-completion

On what you said you're thinking of the quotes:
>"It's actually very close to completion," Miyamoto said. "Pikmin teams are always working on the next one."

But it was also said:
>"We can confirm that Pikmin 4 is in development but that is all we can confirm at present."

There is also the update that came a year afterward with Gamerant asking the where abouts of "Pikmin 4".

gamerant.com/pikmin-4-update-miyamoto/

>“Yes, you are right, and we’re working on [Pikmin 4]. So, you know, when we’re in development we have to create a list of priorities and it has been hard to kind of fit that into that list, but we’re hopefully starting to see that on the list now.”

The only thing you have going for is it being a mistranslation twice but I highly doubt it personally, I'd only believe there could be truth to this if only 1 source said Pikmin 4 once and the other was vague. That being said I could be wrong obviously I hope not, I'm hoping they show off Pikmin 4 this E3.

The gameplay style just does not suit Pikmin at all.

This looks exactly like Kirby Mass Attack which is considered by many to be an ok game but a ok game which quickly becomes boring after the whole flicking Kirbys/Pikmin gameplay gets tedious.

For a game franchise which is always complemented on its graphics and lush setting, going to 2D gameplay seems like a shooting themselves in the foot.

What's with Nintendo turning unique games into shitty generic puzzle platformers? Same what they have done with Chibi Robo.

if Artoon is making it, its going to be an abortion

youtube.com/watch?v=3vo3RG5i4WY

You mean Arzest, Artoon got absorbed by AQ Interactive in 2010 and AQ Interactive died in 2011. Arzest has ex-employees of Artoon & Sega though.

What were they thinking?

Was New Island REALLY that shit?

Maybe it just LOOKed like shit and SOUNDED like shit, but surely the tried and true gameplay was still there?

We usually don't hear about 3DS games until the E3 before launch.

Was the game that bad outside of the music?

youtube.com/watch?v=Lv_TYktjv6I

Got it for free from Club Nintendo. Outside of THAT song it's more of a mediocre time waster platformer than say, Mighty Blunder 9

I thought I'd give a try after hacking my 3DS and it's fucking horrible. Slow and clunky, doesn't feel anything like the original Yoshi's Island.

I finished it