I REALLY HOPE BREATH OF THE WILD IS SHIT! PLEASE BE SHIT! ITS SHIT HAHAHA NINTENDBABBIES BTFO

>I REALLY HOPE BREATH OF THE WILD IS SHIT! PLEASE BE SHIT! ITS SHIT HAHAHA NINTENDBABBIES BTFO

>YOOKA LAYLEEE? I REALLY HOPE ITS SHIT HAHAHAHA RAREFAGS BTFO IM SO GLAD ANOTHER SHIT VIDEO GAME CAME OUT

>XBOX SCORPIO'S SPECS ARE SHIT! HAHAHAHA XBOTS BTFO! IM SO GLAD ANOTHER SHITTY CONSOLE CAME OUT! HAHAHA

>MASS EFFECT ANDROMEDA IS THE NEXT TORTANIC HAHAHA LETS START ANOTHER SCANDAL THREAD OH MY GOD ITS SO BAD LETS KEEP POSTING ABOUT IT! YES I LOVE IT WHEN VIDEO GAMES ARE SHIT

Why the fuck does the majority of Sup Forums take pleasure when something comes out and its sub-par? Does Sup Forums actually hate video games? I swear you people are just a bunch of children.

that's crazy

i never thought about it that way

inb4 le go back to le reddit le may may xdddd

> I swear you people are just a bunch of children.

there you have it

If you have low expectations for everything, you'll get pleasantly surprised every once in a while.

Theres a difference between keeping your hopes low and enjoying shitting on the medium that you supposedly enjoy.

Unfortunately this is correct. I'm never going to get burned by blind optimism again. I backed MN9, you don't leave something like that behind without wisdom to show for it.

Because this industry never learns and the only way these people learn is with a slap to face with some reality that sub-par products wont make them money

>the only way these people learn

Don't know if you were around for the TORtanic scandal days, but with the extreme and major backlash from both TOR and Mass Effect 3, its clear that EA/Bioware haven't learned shit.

This accomplishes nothing.

I backed Yooka Laylee. It's not nearly as bad, but it's the first Kickstarter I've backed that I've regretted. The other things I've backed include Wakfu, Little Witch Academia 2, Bloodstained, and Indivisible. The first two of those were well worth it, the second two we'll see.

Oh, is the little ledditor angry? You're on fucking Sup Forums turf muddafucka. We don't take dicks in our mouth like you faggots do, we give neckshots to shitty devs, we piss on their fucking corpse if they fuck with us, we let them know who is the fucking boss. If you want to be a cuck and cry when people make fun of your shit taste then you better swallow that fucking shit.

There's standards here. We're the last fucking resort of quality standards and it's up to us to put bad devs and publishers in their place.

Fuck you cocksucker. Go to leddit and suck people off for your karma. The big boys here don't let anyone fuck with us.

Except no one here is pretending to like gaming. Gaming is trash and only underage and manchildren think otherwise.

Regular people only come here to shitpost and talk about the old days.

All good points except for Mess Effect. That game is legitimately broken, the entire internet is having a field day with it.

I hope this is satire.

In the current industry if you think that a game is gonna be shit you are very likely to be right.

What do you do when a bunch of bungling idiots get fed wheelbarrows full of money on a near constant basis and yet seemingly always come out with shit? After a while you just stop getting upset and find it funny. You should understand this, the industry standard has been in the gutter for a long time now.

Yeah, but its not:

"Hey, this game is probably going to be shit. Here are some of the red flags. Sorry people who own this particular console, looks like your exclusive isn't going to be that good."

Its

"HAHAHA YOUR GAME IS SHIT BTFO"

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for banter and shitting on one another, but taking pleasure in the medium's decline just doesn't make sense to me.

I have the worst fucking luck actually. All of my attention was sucked up by MN9 because Mega Man is literally my favorite game series of all time and at the time, I was pretty hungry for a new one. I went ahead and backed it instead of Shovel Knight or HGH, both of which are games I tried out after their release and enjoyed, though HGH has its flaws. Wish I'd backed them instead, so much did I believe in MN9 from the amazing concepts they showed that I threw a whole $100 at it.

Wew lad

We are living in a post-TORtanic world, my friend. Best to get used to it.

You need to leave.

>I swear you people are just a bunch of children.
You have found the answer to your question

This.

Adhere to this image, OP. This has been the board culture since 2011.

People want AAA games to fail BECAUSE they love video games

Anyone who likes video games and has any clue about the inner workings of the present day video-game industry wishes for the industry to crash and burn.

the 80's game industry crash paved way for the golden age of gaming that most people aged 20-40 remember so fondly. Currently we are seeing the exact same signs that led to the 80's crash - rampant overcommercialization and vast amounts of shovelware releases. The sooner the industry dies the sooner it can be reborn again. At least for some time.

See, people on Sup Forums can't enjoy video games anymore since they're washed up losers. So they must destroy the medium for everyone else. The only thing left here is the "Sup Forums hate" meme.

why am i laughing

a majority of Sup Forums is actually underage with only a handful of games to play, hence the shitposting.

Nice image clearly made by redditors or viral marketers.

>muddafucka

I don't blame you, except for the price you gave them, maybe. No matter how much I like a game, I'll never go above the tier that gets me the game itself unless there's a REALLY special reason. I highest I've ever spent was $60 for Indivisible.

You are mistaken if you think a crash will do anything useful. This isn't the 80s. This time, should there be a crash, everyone but the big companies of the industry, will be washed away. We are already having that problem with non-AAA games disappearing. The gap widens between AAA and indie, with nothing between.

Sup Forums is a genuine shithole but we're all strapped in now. There's no getting off this ride.

exactly

also nufags want a new tortanic

The pleasantly surprised bit never seems to appear on this board.

Lurk more

>He actually thinks a crash in this day will be good for the industry

That will no doubt make things worse. Indies will pretty much die off.

is there an alternative to this shithole?
No reddit. Thtas fucking shit too.

It does for like a week until the rest of the internet gets wind that something's good. Then it's shit again.

i don't
it's simply the truth

>tfw Sup Forums literally 'wtf I hate yooka laylee' now

Remember Spore hype? Never again.

It's a combination of shitposting and trolling together with a need for new memes.

Sup Forums is nothing but a bunch of under educated NEETs that are extremely bitter or under age b&.
Sup Forums is the worst board on Sup Forums by far.

Because of children like this
GUESS WHAT DIPSHIT, EVERYTHING IS CORRUPT AND WRONG

YOU LIKE EATING FOOD? TOO BAD IT WAS PICKED BY POOR MEXICANS FOR 3 BUCK AN HOUR. GUESS ALL FARMERS SHOULD GO DIE AND YOU CAN'T BUY FOOD ANYMORE, ITS MORALLY OBJECTIONABLE.

FUCK YOU SERIOUSLY

Wait wait wait, I think you're onto something here

Is there a fucking demand for memes?

Is that it? Is that why this happens so much?

I only laugh so that I don't cry.

Since when talking about truths is hate? are you shills that retard?

My life is shit or I think it shit or I feel like it shit so I need to have everything around me to be shit or thought as so, so I can live with myself.

No, smug anime poster. If its the truth and you state it as such, thats fine. The stipulation I pointed out is taking pleasure in that truth, rather than finding it unfavorable that the medium is suffering.

I find myself playing video games more often now due to spending less time here because of how abysmal Sup Forums's been lately

That's a good thing.

and?
he can still try to minimize evil

>Calls others retards
>Types like a retard

Because there's no time to actually play games and if you convince yourself that all games are bad, you have more time for... idk, shitposting?

It's a need for memes. An innate need to be part of the zeitgeist, yes. How are people so blind to this?

It's hilarious that people are getting upset at this post, because it's exactly how Sup Forums acts.

>tortanic
TOR is profitable, but hey, keep meme-ing, I guess

So then you're left with the top dog companies who are producing the shit you hate. Sure sounds like a good deal.

>TOR defenders actually browse this board

Oh wow, thats surprising.

I know, right? What a sad existence to have when you constantly hope for things to go wrong and bad things to happen to everyone. If a game is bad, the players have received an unentertaining game and the developers have failed in their goal to make an enjoyable game, something which they in all likelyhood feel really bummed out about and regret. And gloating about it doesn't change anything.

>inb4 it's all just le ironic shitposting and we're all just pretending to be retarded
At the volume and intensity at which this happens there must be people out there who are actually serious about it, who have lost the narrative and think that this inane, round-the-clock shit flinging is the entire purpose for Sup Forums's existence. "That's just how we do it here in the monkey cage".

>minimize evil

NOT ONLY IS EVIL SUBJECTIVE, YOU ARE NOT HELPING ANYTHING, ON TOP OF BEING A HUGE FUCKING HYPOCRITE

HE IS A CHILD AND ACTS LIKE ONE

FUCK HIM AND FUCK YOU FOR TRYING TO SUPPORT THIS PRE-TEEN VIEW OF THE WORLD

>NOT ONLY IS EVIL SUBJECTIVE
untrue
>YOU ARE NOT HELPING ANYTHING
also untrue

we are all bitter, jaded rejects who pulled the shit lottery in life. that's why we are here. If we led happy, fulfilling lives we wouldn't be here in the first place.
No gtfo normie scum!

>Why the fuck does the majority of Sup Forums take pleasure when something comes out and its sub-par
Who cares? Is there something wrong with that? Bad games existing doesn't stop good ones from coming out. Bad ones are just more fun to talk about and dominate discussions.

DING DONG BANNU

Read that in General Oliver's voice

END

>So then you're left with the top dog companies who are producing the shit you hate
No, because they also die in the crash. This is a phoenix rising from the ashes scenario. Every company dies.

Mega Man is important to me in ways that are hard to explain and harder to understand, probably. This was at a time when Capcom had just cancelled something like their 5th announced Mega Man title, pulled the April Fool's joke, shat on him with Bad Box Art inclusion, and the rumors that they at one point had a patent for Mega Man toilet paper began to circulate. I was fucking livid with them and at the time I still believed the meme that Inafune was the creator of Mega Man so I was willing to throw down that much on a good-faith project to spite Capcom. Now there's no sense crying over spilled milk and I've accepted that my favorite series had a good run and does not need another game to be remembered fondly. Doesn't mean I'm ready to trust any more conniving industry hacks, though.

Youre an underaged retard who knows nothing about the industry

LWA is the only good thing to ever come out of Kikestarter.
Pathologic remake might be the second thing, but we will see.

>A company as big as EA dying

Keep dreaming, my dude.

>If a game is bad, the players have received an unentertaining game
Poor them? I don't care.

>and the developers have failed in their goal to make an enjoyable game
>their goal
>make an enjoyable game
Oh, child

>Does Sup Forums actually hate video games?

Uuuuhhh... really makes you think doesn't it OP?

>you're not allowed to want the current vidya industry to die because poor Mexicans have it tough

EVIL IS SUBJECTIVE

THE FIREBOMB THAT WIPED OUT MY VILLAGE MAY HAVE SAVED YOUR VILLAGE FROM COUNTER ATTACK

IT IS LITERALLY A MATER OF PERCEPTIVE AS THE WORD MEANS NOTHING

AND TELL ME HOW YOU ARE HELPING, BECAUSE SHIT FAILING DOESN'T MEAN OTHER STUFF AUTOMATIC SUCCEEDS, LIFE IS NOT A VIDEO GAME

What about FTL? Darkest Dungeon? The cRPG revival? Sunless Sea?

>He actually thinks the biggest companies won't survive a crash

oh am laffin

LIFE IS NOT A VIDEO GAME AAA TRASH NOT SELLING DOSE NOT SELL MORE JAPANESE PEDO SIMS

NOW HOW ARE YOU HELPING?

Ding ding ding.

We have a legion of stupid kids trying to justify the purchase they had their mommies use their credit card for on this board.

does Sup Forums just hate any game?

Atari didn't actually die either, but their survival didn't mean anything to video game development by that point.

Then that firebomb wasn't evil. Evil being objective doesn't conflict with that idea whatsoever unless you define killing in general as amoral, which would be naive. Just because something can be objective doesn't mean everyone is right about what that means.

No, really niche and underground games are loved on here. Specifically Space Station 13 and Dwarf Fortress.

>we don't take dicks in our mouths
>a good amount of us are openly gay
>regular gay or trap or shota threads
>we invented the heal slut meme in the current incarnation

>THE FIREBOMB THAT WIPED OUT MY VILLAGE MAY HAVE SAVED YOUR VILLAGE FROM COUNTER ATTACK
who started it?

THQ died.

:(

>So then you're left with the top dog companies who are producing the shit you hate.

Are you fucking stupid?

>Hey guys our garbage sequels #20 through #24 aren't selling at all anymore
>We are going bankrupt if we don't make a good game
>Lets not change anything and contienue making more garbage

The whole point is that big companies DON'T go bankrupt because the the drop in revenue forces them to adapt and make games that people actually want to buy again.

Nah nah nah you insulted him a little bit, you got a little out of order youreslf

>we

>muddafucka
>Sup Forums
>standards
>mfw has standards

>waaaaahhhh why do people hate things i like? STOP MAKING FUN OF IT
kill yourself faggot

>I am so fucking stupid I can not see the world from any other perceptive but my own

YOU EVEN SAID UNLESS YOU DEFINE

EVIL IS SUBJECTIVE YOU FUCKING RETARD

JUMP OFF A CLIFF

We failed this generation. They're full of boredom and frustration and don't want to think, and now their lives are turning out worse than their parents' lives for the first time in history, and the product is one continuous global stream of unnecessarily vitriolic criticism of anything within their perception that just keeps getting louder and angrier without gathering any additional meaning. Eventually a war between developed nations will kick them in the face and they'll calm down in the aftermath.

It's a board about videogame discussion, of course 80% of people are pathetic fags trying to justify their sad little existence by looking for things worse than they.

When I was but a wee child, I bought Spore.
Never again.
Never again....

Yes, you know, like a collective?
A group of people
The users of Sup Forums
>Thinks Sup Forums is one person

I don't think you know what objective means. Just because a cat is objectively a cat doesn't stop some retard from mistaking it for a dog.

They are not my cup of tea, but I will acknowledge them.
I also forgot La-Mulana 2.
I guess all the "bigger" and more popular projects have all turned out to be disappointing blunders.

IT DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER, AND IF YOU THINK WHO STARTED IT MATERS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT HOW WAR WORKS AND ARE A HUGE FUCKING CHILD

CLIFF, JUMP, NOW