Resident Evil

How come the shallow, shitty characters of this series are so likeable? Is it because most of them have been around for so long? Have i/we developed a connection with them? I can't help but love them, even if they're underdeveloped, or have their personalities changed over time for no reason.

Also RE thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zUVzSbGo-DI
youtube.com/watch?v=J_g_8gD4vxU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is there a future for Resident Evil outside of nazi propaganda?

>Is there a future for Resident Evil outside of nazi propaganda?

What did he mean by this?

They are characters that are literally growing with us, even their worst games are fun.

They are the only ones that portray milf strong women in a good way unlike western developers and their men-looking shitty propaganda women.

Jill was my first vidya crush

I guess Capcom's decision to make they age in real time was good in that sense?

Mine was Claire.

I miss the survival horror this kung fu action series used to have.

RE2 and 3 (my favourite ones) had a lot of action. No kung-fu though, of course. RE7 is back to being a atmospheric spookfest though, so you should try it out if you haven't already. I actually love all RE games.

RE7 brings it back,you should try it...or wait for REmake2

Horror is back to the menu boy...enjoy it

Do not worry, for REmake 2 and RE8 and other future games in the series will be in first person with VR support.

Is this the moment the series jumped the shark?

youtube.com/watch?v=zUVzSbGo-DI

youtube.com/watch?v=J_g_8gD4vxU
Who was in the wrong here?

I assume you mean the real Jill, right?

YAMERO

JOOOOSSSEEEEEPH

That shit was hype at the time. You have to keep in mind that The Matrix had come out only a year before.

how many black/latino/asian MCs are in RE franchise?

most of them are american and white, it's funny because it's a franchise made in Japan. I don't remember any japanese MC in any RE game.

It was made in Japan but clearly inspired by western horror films.

There's a reason why RE isn't as popular in Japan as it is on the west, even if it's anime as fuck

JUST fuck my way fag

>How come the shallow, shitty characters of this series are so likeable?

Because they're basically GI Joe characters.

Diversity of playable RE characters

>Black
5 (4 male 1 female)
>Latino
4 (all male)
>Asian
6 (1 male 5 female)
>Native American
1 (female)
>LGBT
1 (faggot)

Operation Racoon City increased the diversity a lot. Shame it isn't canonical

Haha what if zombies wanted to have sex with their prey rather than eat them? lol wouldn't that be funny to see? Like Jill has to wander through the mansion and try not to get gangbanged rather than eaten haha

Remove ORC and we are left with
>4 blacks , 1 female and 3 male
>3 male latinos
>5 female asians

They're not

They are though.

Voth is the real Jill, fag

Unknown Jill model with chola brows > Kikess

The women are all sexually attractive and everyone is capable and competent unlike most horror protagonists.

Well it's set in the US, where most people are white, and only about 8% of the population is Asian, with even less of that being Japanese specifically.

It being a bunch of whites and a few blacks/Mexicans makes a lot more sense because realistically there would be one or two Asians at most, and remember that Nips hate every other Asian that isn't Japanese.

>Nips hate every other Asian that isn't Japanese
This is no longer true, get your head out of Sup Forums. It's like saying women are still oppressed in the developed world to this day.

Do we even have Mexicans? Luis is spanish, and Carlos is pretty much confirmed to be brazilian

Pedro and Gabriel from Revelations 2 are Mexicans I think

Oh yeah, those two literal whos. Yeah, they're mexicans

>The film's intended style, in departure from the previous two films, is to welcome in more fans of anime such as PSYCHO-PASS and live-action horror films rather than cater entirely to established fans of the games.

Oh boy, here we go...

Good. RE needs more animeshit.

Yo, when's Revelations 3 starring Rebecca though?

Never. Rebecca's lifeless body is inside that bodybag that Leon saw

But Rev 1+2 were set in the past. So Rev3 would be before she becomes the qtest zombie ever.

#ResidentEvil Vendetta
A shot of Leon walking down a morgue slowly. He inspects a body bag with a melancholy face. Body bag suddenly moves!

"Melancholy face", i'd guess it was someone he actually cared about, not a girl he met for 5 minutes. It's Helena

I bet it'll be Chris for REV3.

Whoever it is. I hope they keep the gameplay style of Rev2. Evade cancelling is the shit.

Leon/Jill rescuing their BFF Chris from something and fighting for his affection is the next logical step though

Worst no canon ship ever

Leon/Chris is canon you faggot

Only in fanfiction

NO! -- DON'T GO!

No. Tag team means they'll going to spitroast Rebecca at the end of the film. It's a tag team, not a fag team.

I don't think Jill and Claire have ever met? Put them together instead.

>"We'll get to see Chris and Leon's relationship up close" - Kobayashi

Can't wait for the sex scene

Why did I read that as
>A real fag team

Was it weird to anyone else that the writers of RE7 decided to not even try to justify choosing Zoe over Mia? All it would have taken was Ethan explaining that she's the reason why they have a cure and a way out in the first place. "Sure, let me help you every step of the way just so that you can leave me to die and escape with your backstabbing ex-wife."

>[cheesy rock music starts playing]
kek, impossible to hate this shit

Who would win in a straight up fight to the death between these two at their peak?

Leon
>one man army
>superhuman reflexes and agility
>can carry massive amounts of weapons at no cost to his speed
>took on an entire island of crazy spaniards solo

Chris
>superhuman strength, capable of punching boulders and standing up to wesker
>relentless willpower, will essentially never give up once he wants something
>insane durability. got the shit kicked out of him by wesker and kept going.

I'd say they're about even

They probably met. Most likely just offscreen.

I ask myself this every time I play the games and I still don't know why.

If I'd play someone like Chris in any other game, he'd be the most forgettable faggot imaginable but something about the American/Japanese work of Capcom makes it click really fucking well. They became geniuses at making 90s action movie protagonists in their games.

And Wesker in 5 alone is more entertaining than most recurring villains in entire series.

But isn't Kobayashi an Adafag?

I think they were assuming most people would automatically go with Mia, especially since they don't know about her past at that moment.

I was wondering why Project Cross Zone II's Leon looked like that.

Leon clearly declared his homosexuality at the end of 4.

No.

Yes, Ada is his waifu and he shoehorns her into everything. But he either has a cuck/cockblock fetish or wants her to himself.

We've been over this. Leon is just Adasexual. He's NOT gay.

I've grown tired of them and wish they would all just fuck off forever.

Of course they were assuming that. The problem I have is that while choosing Mia was based on her history with Ethan and his main motivation being to save her in the first place, choosing Zoe was just arbitrary. She really did deserve a break after all she did for the others, but that isn't even acknowledged. In any case, even if Ethan would choose Mia, he'd still be infected himself.

Some interviews say that some decisions was convulted as fuck and they have some short deadlines...they really cite the choice as one of that decisions.

>tfw Leon cucks Claire with Rebecca

Will she ever recover?

The "adasexual" meme needs to die. He's a closet homo, there's definitive proof of that.

They're friends they don't fight! :)

>Claire makes a cameo at the end of the movie, visiting Chris's house, only to find Leon balls deep into Rebecca on her brother's room

>He's a closet homo, there's definitive proof of that.

Which is why he hit on Hunnagan after failing to get with Ada?

Barry doesn't have kids, those are his wife's from a previous marriage.

I remember i was on dengeki or something

>You are suposed to be cut in half instead of just losing your hand.

He hit on Helena, Hunnigan, Angela, Claire, Ashley. FUCKING EVERYONE. But as soon as they accept his advances, he backs the fuck off. It's a great tactic for closet faggots.

I'd say it depends on outside factors, is Leon's mind clouded with thoughts of Ada or Chris depressed because some of his men died on him?

Pity. I think with the success of the RE7 format we can expect some better allocation of development resources for another game in that format.

Dont bring your fanfic crap to /ourguy/ Barry you dipshit

>Rebecca and Chris both look at Claire with shock as she still has Chris' dick in her mouth
>Leon still thrusting Rebecca's tight ass
>"Oh hey Claire, do you mind passing me some more lube. Thanks."
>hfw

Except Leon declared his yellow fever throughout RE2 first.

Why? Because he hasn't slept with any of the women he's been paired with?

Except he always tries to get with Ada anytime he sees her. Leon's not a degenerate, he will stay pure until Ada gives in.

When you straight-up refuse sex with multiple women who are hot as fuck, you're gay. No excuse about that.

I really hope soo...
RE8 being I bigger improvment in the same way RE2 was should be glorious

Why did Capron change jill and Chris so much in 7. Fuck, what a bad taste they have

RE2make at E3/TGS this year is a given right?

No real man would chase a woman he can't get for 20 years. He's gay, homo, a faggot, a pillowbiter. The Ada thing is just a cover, because he knows he'll never fuck her anyway.

Maybe he'll finally accept his homosexualism in Vendetta and go at it with the other closet RE faggot, Chris.

It means you have class. I believe it or not, I wouldn't fuck some random roastie just because.

>Chris and Jill in 7
What you smoking bro?

Honestly, I don't know. I just remember how garbage the game was that I needed something to make me interested in it.

>Jill
>7

>Angela
>random roastie
>the daughter of the fucking president
>random roastie

And those are the ones that more or less offered him sex.Claire and Helena showed interest in him and both aren't "random roasties". Hunnigan too, she's just a tsundere, but clearly cares a lot about him.

If Ada would give him the time and day, he sure wouldn't turn her down.

Jill isn't in 7.

I'm hoping so. It's been almost 2 yrs. We should get something.

TGS for sure

I guess E3 will be more about MvC infinite

Lol stop with the drugs kiddo

Of course he would, you dumbass. He's gay. His face on your webm is another indication of it, she had to basically force herself on him

But Ada would never give him the time of the day anyway.

Capcom prefer TGS. So probably that, and it gives RE7 hype enough time to die down.

(you)

Jill is going to be in re7 dlc

How the fuck did that retarded "bandages over clothing" shit didn't get reworked in Umbrella Chronicles, they went out of their way to change some order of events and campy dialogue from the original games but the bandages are still there.

I really, really, REALLY wanted it at E3, but it's simply not happening

TGS is kinda unlikely too, because the last RE7 story DLC won't be out yet probably

I'm betting on Playstation Experience in December, and that makes me sad.

There are a few teams that I'd like to see in a Revelations 3. Mostly I'd just like to see any Rev3 at this point.

I really want Josh + Sheva for at least an episode. Rebecca + Anyone would be cool though. A Rev 3 that is basically Outbreak would be interesting.

because they look cool