Have you ever forced to play a bad game just because it's part of the franchise you like?

Have you ever forced to play a bad game just because it's part of the franchise you like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zjhWLU0yfIw?t=5m18s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Have you ever been able to unsee a man blowing a giraffe in that picture?

Never. But that's a woman

I did on that 3 times
and everytime I bail
it is pretty bad

I played DmC and DMC4. DMC2 as well.

I wasn't forced as much as I chose to play them. At first I was super excited for DMC4 and always defended it but as time passed all of it's flaws were just getting to big to ignore. DmC I played because I wanted to see if it was as bad as I thought it was, which it was, and to be able to say this is what's wrong with it from personal experience. DMC2 was that bad at first; it was the only other DMC game at the time. It wasn't till 3 came out that I couldn't go back to 2 because it was just so poor by contrast.

I do happen to like RE6 but I can't deny that there are a hell of alot of parts to this game that I find tremendously frustrating. It needed both polish and tuning and more thought at the experience rather than just the combat, which is almost exclusively the only thing it has going for it.

I stopped after 5, came back for Jill's ass in Revelations.

Nah, if I think it'll be shit I just ignore it so the series isn't ruined for me and I can keep the good memories. It's why I haven't played mass effect 3 or Ninja Gaiden 3.

6 was pretty bad i started leons story and chrises but chrises was an absolute action movie, i dragged myself through the rest of leons to the end last month, like a full 3 years of avoiding finishing a campain its that bad

God awful game, every other game in the franchise shits on it

lots of times

the point isn't to force yourself to enjoy it, but to criticize all the points that are irksome and validate the context inbetween these pangs so you can have a better overview of later titles

RE6 is like a shitty b horror movie, I don't hate it.

you have to crash land a fucking jumbo jet while a monster that sprays zombie semen on you runs amok.

giraffe getting that dick sucked

I wish this game had ended up good, it's such a neato concept.

I fell asleep a few hours in. Happened with Chronicles X too.

Gears and Blade were excite.

Why haven't i noticed this before..

Fuck you.

I just bought dream team making it my third mario RPG have you played them all how would you rank them best to worst? Best Superstar saga then seven stars last dream team. They are all very very fun and none of them beat each other by much IMO.

Try being a Halo fan.

What a fucking torture RE6 was, holy fucking shit. I barely had any hope I'll finish leon part.

RE6 and Tales of Zestiria. Playing with other people just means I have try extra hard to have fun. It's soul draining.

Yes

Yeah, played through Dead Rising 3, but not even I am willing to go through the hell of Dead Rising 4. I'm just going to pretend 4 doesn't exist because they found the zombie cure in 3.

I stopped at Tomb Raider 3 cause fuck India and fuck Pacific and fuck everything else that was so bland,after trying Tomb Raider 4 and getting once more disappointed I sold the original copies of TR1&2 and used the pirated copies of 3 and 4 as targets for my airshit gun

Also stopped on Resident Evil 4 cause lol pinatas and coin system,yet I never bought RE2 and RE3 as 2 was meh and Nemesis was even more shorter and easy,gifted the pirated copies,sold the original RE1 disk for humongous price at evilbay and never bought Capcom games anymore

Armored Core: Nine Breaker

try being a mgs fan
>i cry myself to sleep

The person clearly has tits, and the giraffe has shoes and pants for some reason

Yes.

>Tales of Zestiria
Yeah, the anime was way better than the game. Who would've thonk it?

>resident evil 2
>meh

I've played them all except for thousand year door, still need to finish Paper Mario
But in terms of rank...
BiS > PiT > LotSS > SS > DT > PJ

I still have to agree with you though, none of them are really better than the other unless its Paper Jam, everything else is just as fun as the other

>CV Bad

>masculinity is THIS fragile of a concept

Am I a pleb if I had fun with RE6? Mercenaries mode was GOAT in 6.

Whats so wrong with paper jam?

I really loved this on the gba and I'm excited to try it again in the 1.5&2.5 ReMix thing.

Compared to the rest, it was really unfun, I got it last year and whenever I do get a game, I end up playing the hell out of it when I first get it, but it's been a year and I haven't even made it to the halfway point.

Plus in all honesty, It was really bland and felt like they were trying to shoehorn in as much Paper as they could, there were no new characters, biomes felt like they belonged in a mainline game, plus it had the worst OST of all the games
alsothegoddanmpapertoadhunts

Steve,

this

I apologise for derailing your thread, but I finished Breath of the Wild out of a sense of obligation. I really wasn't enjoying it. it's a shame because I couldn't get into Skyward Sword because of the controls. So for me, I haven't gotten to enjoy a 3D Zelda in over a decade now. Good thing Link Between Worlds was fantastic.

Move along please, I know a lot of you enjoyed it, but there are plenty of BotW threads to shitpost in, I don't need or want your (You)'s.

Steve had some of the best unintentionally funny moments in the series though

youtu.be/zjhWLU0yfIw?t=5m18s

I still wanna punch his face until i can't recognize him anymore though. Fucking annoying piece of shit, and we were supposed to take him seriously and sympathize with him? I was laughing the entire time during his death, best part of the game for me.

I've never been forced to play a video game.

This. Never again.

I thought it was pretty disappointing as well, what didn't you like about it?

Re: Chain of Memories is a PS2 game that is in that collection.

It wasn't that bad. The vehicle parts were horrible and they have an obvious hardon for QTEs, but as long as you realize its a third person shooter and not survival horror its actually pretty good

i loved the gba version myself, but i don't know how the mechanics will transfer into 3d

one of the reasons this game worked so well on the gba is that it made a more complex and smart battle system with all the thought and nuance from the first game. also the sprites looked great.

enemies poses no treat,you can rush through 70% of it and stop before boss fights to gather ammo and medicals,kill boss,push forward,rinse and repeat.

Is not meh,is just crap

actually i have

ace combat
I tried to play without on raild mode, but it didn't let me, so I didn't.

It's just not a game for you. If you don't like it you don't need to convince yourself its shit.

>you can rush through 70% of it and stop before boss fights to gather ammo and medicals,kill boss,push forward,rinse and repeat.

Wow almost like pretty much any other RE game.

Also if all you care about is difficulty, you will absolutely love RE2 nightmare mode, which I assume you haven't played.

yeah, I played resident evil 5

thank god they improved on RE5 with RE6 and at least dropped the attempt to be horror and just let the bullshit flow nice and smooth

>Have you ever forced to play a bad game just because it's part of the franchise you like?
...No.
Do people really do that?

I loved 6. Obviously not a traditional resi game, but I had tons of fun with it regardless.

Only if I can still find enjoyment in it.
>RE6 coop was fun
>Fallout Tactics was boring as shit

Yes

I played super smash bros brawl and super smash bros wii u

I'm not a super smash bros fan anymore

Yes, I played morrowind.

I think that RE6 is, by far, one of the worst games anyone has ever played

no shit people do, you're in a thread dedicated to that very subject asswipe.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a joke or meme or something.
Why would someone intentionally play a bad game? I can't comprehend autism of that level.

you would have to be autistic to not understand it