Will it happen?

Will it happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=mLAu113idcs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

lol no

enjoy your easy to develop, more profitable mario games

If it does and it's good I'll buy a switch for it. Otherwise I'll never buy one.

They just need to make an open world Metroid like BotW.

That's a good joke.

Maybe they'll make a Metroid party game

It's looking more likely now that the exploration driven Zelda was received well.

I certainly hope it provides more incentive for other Nintendo devs to look at a less linear approach to game development which is what earlier Metroids represented in spades.

Just like how Retro was teasing barrel rolls leading people to think they were making Star Fox and then responding by announcing Tropical Freeze, those Prime Steak twitter posts makes me want to believe in a new Metroid.

Of course it's happening.
>Retro Studios spamming Twitter with pictures of prime rib and prime steak a few months ago
>Reggie already confirmed Metroid games were in development
>Fed Force ends on a fucking prime 4 teaser.

How are people still in doubt?

They should at least port the Prime Trilogy over. Doing a new 2D style game in the vein of DKC Returns would be great too.

No way, if they're going to take anything from BotW to apply to Metroid it should be the world interactivity, but in underground caverns connected by tight corridors. They just need to figure out how to translate 2D Metroid movement into 3D without restricting you to first person.

Retro was burnt out by Prime 3. There's nothing left and Sakamoto will always have control.

It's DKCR 3

Sakamoto said he was done with Metroid and retro said they are done with donk

Neither of these people said this

Im not sure if the retro part is true but Sakamoto definitely did. Right around when Tomodatchi Life came out, which was directed by him

Sakamoto staying the hell away from Metroid as far as possible is the best thing for the franchise, even if it dies as a result. I'd be satisfied with that alone.

Yes, and you're an idiot if you think otherwise.

no, Sup Forums never bought super metroid so the series died
this is your fault

I hope so, it's my second favourite Nintendo series...

Could do, probably not high priority so it'd probably be later on in the Switch's life. Make sure to buy a Switch and all Switch goymes so it has a long life.

Here is a video of Reggie saying that they have plans for Metriod and Mother 3 some time soon

m.youtube.com/watch?v=mLAu113idcs its at around 8:30

2.5D maybe but that's about it.

Oh course he said that, Sakamoto is no longer the Director or Writer of the series because of his promotion to Executive Officer. Sakamoto will produce a 2.5D Metroid game but one of the teams he looks over, EPD7, will be the ones to make the 2.5D Metroid game since they are the 2D Metroid team.

Fps are dead and shoehorning platforming into a Fps is fucking retarded

*Of

Plans to can it forever and rape their corpse on daytime tv.

I mean, how much of the prime trilogy development team is part of Retro now?

We could see another Mass Effect Andromeda coming up.

Profitable way to sell a Joycon Zapper peripheral
As well as the limited edition Wii Zapper version and classic version of the Joycon Zapper
I think Nintendo would make big bucks on that
You gotta think in terms of why cartoons sell due to toy sales
Nintendo is in it for what can make money on creative ways

A Metroid game like BOTW?

>metroid that runs at 30 FPS with constant drops
>no difficulty modes allowed because it would ruin the "artistic vision"
>Samus isn't allowed to be playable because, according to Nintendo, women are too stupid to be main characters and have to be relegated to helpless princesses or sex fanservice
>made so casual that every game journalist across the globe can play and beat it without trouble
>every upgrade is behind a separate amiibo paywall and can't be accessed otherwise
>season pass that locks out 50% of the game's content

I'd rather let Metroid die than suffer that fate.

BotW needed more caves and underwater shit that was claustrophobic imo
Needed the atmosphere

You vastly underestimate Retro.

Most of Sup Forums wasn't alive when Super Metroid came out so you can't hold it against them.

That would be really weird, user.

What's your favorite Metroid game on the N64 and Wii U?

Super smash bros and Metroid Blast I guess

How the hell can you be so naive after :
>Other M
>Federation Force
>MGSV
>Sticker Star and Color Splash
>Starfox Zero
>SFV
>GTA V
>BOTW
>Zero Time Dilemma
Why would you hope for a game that'll never come at best and a new disappointment at worse
Are you all retarded somehow ? Why are you still trusting in vidya as a hobby ? Fuck this world

>Sakamoto definitely did.

Then source

yes another port from nintendo will happen and when it releases in 3 years you'll wonder where the actual fuck are the real games and what have they been doing all this time

>metroid is actually the princess, not the hero!

I love metroid, but I think it's not as popular and profitable as people like to think. Maybe a classic 2D metroid could happen, but it's been so long, I doubt it.

Yes, but it will be an Other M sequel

They just needed to make a Metroid in the style of A Link Between Worlds, sort of a final goodbye for 2D Metroid. Really would not take much time, effort or money to produce and would gain a lot of favour from fans.

nah there's no way sakamoto would be dumb enough to come back to metroid

if metroid continues it will probably just be prime from now on

>It's another Metroid fans complain about something that doesn't even exist thread

I'm glad Nintendo abandoned it

Fuck no.

I'll pretend it won't, and be pleasantly surprised if it does