Well the other thread is just thicc posting and trap posting so lets try this again

well the other thread is just thicc posting and trap posting so lets try this again

what's your favorite ps2 game

Burnout 3: Takedown?

Honestly, HCtP is a meme game. There have been a dozen other wrasslin games made since then that were better.

Okami, nigga

Yakuza 2 or Dragon Quest VIII.

.Hack//G.U. Saga

please name that dozen games

>what is hyperbole

2K14 is infinitely better than HCtP, most recently

my nibba

the 2k games are shit smackdown vs raw was were it was at

You fucking sicken me

Nostalgiafags sicken me

It's the best SmackDown game (which continues to the WWE/WWE 2K series).

without a doubt, this is the first game I distinctly remember being "addicted" to

2k14 was buggy garbage, and it was a literal copy/paste of wwe 13 which was a literal copy/paste of wwe 12

wwe 2k16 was the best of the recent games but none of them even compare to HCTP and SYM's season/story modes

Dis

It was fun 14 years ago, but that probably was the last wrestling game you ever played so you can fuck off.

the new ones aren't that good honestly. the mini games are terrible

If you could only play the PS2 for rest of your life, you'd be fine consider this:

>Okami
>Katamari Damacy
>Shadow of the Collossus
>Persona 3/4
>Tony Hawks Underground (and THUG2 if you have shit taste)
>Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3
>Budokai Tenkaichi
>Smackdown vs Raw 2008
>Def Jam Fight for NY
>Vice City/San Andreas
>Burnout 3 Takedown
>Need For Speed Underground
>Rogue Galaxy
>NBA Street Vol 2/3
>SMT featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series
>Devil May Cry 3
>MGS Snake Eater
>Manhunt
>Destroy All Humans
>Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal
>Jak Racing
>Sly Cooper

Fuck this, I'm done.

2K15 was trash. They made some improvements after that.

There are a lot of features I wish they would add to make things easier, but it's not that bad. It's mostly just non-wrestling fans looking to capture the nostalgia trip they had with No Mercy 20 years ago.

The smackdown vs raw games from 2006 - 2009 were superior

i've played every single wrestling game in the PS2 series (which then turned into the series that continues to this day)

I own Just Bring It, Shut Your Mouth, Here Comes the Pain, Smackdown Vs Raw, SvR 2006, SvR 2007, SvR 2008, SvR 2009, SvR 2010, SvR 2011, WWE 12, WWE 13, WWE 2k14, WWE 2k15, WWE 2k16 and WWE 2k17. I also own the gamecube games Wrestlemania 18, Wrestlemania 19, Day of Reckoning, and DoR 2.

SYM and HCTP are the best of them all. The new games simulation gameplay style is shit and the storymodes are grindy and boring with no stories attached. The PS2 WWE games are some of the few games of the era that haven't aged a day in any way other than visually. Even No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000 and WCW Vs NWO on the N64 have aged pretty shittily, but the PS2 games still hold up and SYM and HCTP are the cream of the crop.

Gitaroo Man

The only game that beats it (before or afterwards, No Mercy is overrated as fuck) is SvR 2007.

>2K15 was trash. They made some improvements after that.
the new reversal system is trash. Reversal spam was a problem but the solution wasn't setting an arbitrary limit on them. The grappling rock paper scissors game, the rest hold system, and especially the fucking 16 and 17 submission systems are fucking garbage.

i didn't like 07 desu, that weird stick-flicky shit they breifly used for grapples in (i think) 06 and 07 was really annoying. 08 was the worst wrestling game i've ever played though

I mean, what would you suggest for reversals then? Cause you can turn off the limit, but then the CPU will just reverse everything and make each match ridiculously tacky.

I hate the notion of returning to an arcade style of game play, but I will concede that making the game too realistic will be a problem.

but GM mode tho

Not really nostalgia that and the early raw vs smackdowns were god tier, objectivly.

Link the other thread plz

I don't know, but I'm not a game designer. Limiting them fully is not the answer though, when you're on 0 it just becomes a waiting game for them to refill to shift momentum back until your opponent refills his again and shifts it back his way. They almost made it somewhat better this year with the super reversals that negate the other guy from using any reversals for a short time, but it's still not really great. I'd probably suggest tying it to stamina so when you're low on stamina as the match goes on the reversal window gets exponentially smaller, but still possible at any time if you're good enough at timing.

but even then the games still move at a snails pace these days, simulation doesn't work when they're trying to simulate fake pro wrestling. it really can't be done properly unless you drop the idea of it being a "fighting" type game, because real wrestling is two guys working together to pull off a match, so if they made it more of a co-op thing where you work together to pull off moves and do spots it'd make the simulation work better, but it wouldn't be that fun of a game

True, 08 had the best GM mode of them all. Shame about the actual gameplay and the fucking weird story mode though, when you had to go around and book autograph signings and shoot movies and take time to heal from injuries and shit. That was just weird.

Did early 2000s kids grow up on good retro games like ones on the PS2 and Gamecube or did they grow up with modern pieces of shit like the Wii and PS3?

>born 1993
>mostly a early 00's kid but had a lot of hand-me-downs and old 90's kid show reruns

not sure how to feel honestly

I'd say anyone born up till 1997 still had some "90s influence"

Because all of the memorable 90s shows kept airing up 'till ~2006 and things like heelys were still a thing up until about 2005 as well.

I'm '94 but I wasn't really into vidya as a kid. I had a ps2 but all I had for it was a digimon game which sucked, a bunch of wrestling games, GTA VC, SA and a bunch of burned random games like ratchet and clank and old movie tie in games like harry potter.

For some reason I never progressed in any of those games though, I'd just stay in the starting area and play around. Same with my N64 games, in SM64 I never even tried to complete levels or get stars. I just had fun running around without any progression what so ever. Wasn't until I got my 360 in 2008 I started actually playing games.

Are you fucking telling me I missed the trap posting thread?

Fuck this gay ass world.

>and things like heelys were still a thing up until about 2005
what
we only got heelys here in 2006
are you confusing them with something else or are we just that fucking backwards here

They were most popular around like 2000-2006 here in the States and then they faded away