Its been a while since we have a Monitor vs HDTV thread

its been a while since we have a Monitor vs HDTV thread.

where do you like play games the most Sup Forums?

Personally I like playing console games on a nice big HDTV. I play both PC and Console games and sitting back on the couch is the way to play console games. PC you are at a desk with a mouse and keyboard. I think it is all personal preference. Some people who play a lot of shooters may steer you toward a monitor since it has less screen lag and a smaller display has advantages in some of those games as you can see everything without turning your head. It comes down to preference.

Monitor for everything

who the fucks owns tvs this days.

TV. a couch is too confy

bigger the better

>What is pixel density

You don't see how bad it is because of how far away you sit

Monitors are for retarded goys. There is literally no benefit to them over a television of similar resolution, they just hear all the marketing buzzwords about refresh rate and response time and think they're pro gamers for buying some 25 inch screen for $100 less than a 60 inch TV they can get comfy with.

>ywn give joost your cum cums

and still its look freaking awasome.

Input lag must just be a disaster on such a large panel...

Ever since I got my new 100Hz ultrawide monitor w/ g-sync it feels like a sin to play on my tv. but from time to time, I still like to play games that I can use a controller with on my TV, just cause of my comfy sofa.

I think I just realized this after I inherited some generic $150 27" tv from my dead grandma and it has way more vivid colors than my $200 24" ASUS monitor. It does have some very slight input lag but it's fine for non-competitive games.

I strongly recommend an HDTV for a second monitor and they're cheap as shit on the second-hand market. Only the most insanely expensive computer monitors actually match the image of even an average HDTV.

Not really, Game Mode its really great and Sony TVs have really low lag right now, l think its 16.6 ms

Monitor, televisions are just low quality trash for people who don't care about accurate colour or response times.

Completely ignoring that 144hz televisions don't exist.

>16.6 ms

Wow it's like 2001 all over again.

Hold the fuck up, is that another screen on the left? That's pretty cool.

>accurate colour
>144hz

You know that monitor have that high refresh rate because the shit complete on colours right?

response time are a meme know that OLED hit the market, 0.2 response time, welcome back CRT level gaming.

My display maintains 100% sRGB at 165Hz.

the best monitor input lag wise are around 9ms, and we are talking about milliseconds

>16.6ms

hope all you play are stupid weeb games because that's awful.

the gamut cover doesn't mean that u colours are accurate.

you can have a monitor with 100% sRGB, adobe RGB or the new REC 2020 and a bad calibration will show you shit colours.

Pixel density is only a problem when your face is 2 feet away from the screen you retarded faggot.

It's calibrated and it shows no difference between 60Hz to 165Hz wrt colors.

>>The best rated display lag its rated 9ms
>>people complain about 16ms

wow, literally virtual non-exist 7 milliseconds of difference that its descent even measure property

your fingers probably have more lag.

TV's are getting pretty good now with HDR

But 144hz & above is so good, even normies think so

I had a normie friend watching me play Overwatch at 144fps & instantly he wondered why it was so smooth compared to his PS4 (60fps)

input lag is different to response time

Just got a nice Sony 4k TV. Kind of ironic that I bought it to use with the Scorpio.

I think people again confused input lag with response time.

In that case play in whatever u what want, u guys hav no fucking idea about panel quality.

In this moment input lag is only a meme and the devs they dont even fucking care, the games are best seen in the best current technology, which is the oled.

Good evening, gentlemen.