Laugh at Titanfall 2

Only sold two million copies and it was on more platforms the first one sold 13 million
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Press S to spit on grave

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cviVhtoAiME
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

S

Good, fucking cucks

Their fault for working with EA

hopefully this is the end of the futuristic movement FPS meme

Maybe if they didn't fuck the first one so hard, I might have actually bought it. It's as if Sean Murray made a No mans sky 2 but actually put some content in it like it was suppose to have but still flopped.

Releasing it between two fps behemoths and being Origin exclusive was a recipe for disaster

Not everything is a goddamn meme you retard.
Back in my day we just called them fads.

Its good, though.
Shame about the situation it was released in.

When Respawn signed with EA they shot themselves in the foot. I guarantee Vince Zampalia will sell it for millions and retire because of TItanfall 2's failure

Top 10 anime blunders

Origin was a mistake.

>two million
Gonna source that number?

>great skill-based video game fails
and nobody was surprised

Damn shame, it's one of the best FPS in ages. 200 hours on it so far.

>Doesn't mention Siege
It failed because it was a shit game no matter how hard Sup Forums shills

Yeah, this. There is no market for new IP's on Origin.

What's worse is that Zampella already knew how shitty EA behaves with their studios, he will be in exactly the same situation that made him and his people quit after finishing Allied Assault

If the first one was multiplatform and wasn't $60, it probably could have built up a fanbase.

They fucked themselves over by making it exclusive to the Xbone when nobody was buying the fucking thing and having no single player campaign and a limited as fuck multiplayer and charging full price for it.

I don't know why anyone would think that was a recipe for success.

>B-BUT IT'S ON PC TOO!

Nobody fucking plays it on PC

siege is also an irrelevant failure, sorry hipster

Siege is extremely different from tf2

Its huds were fucking awful, and it has a smart pistol kek

>It was actually a good game.
>EA intentionally tanked it by launching it between two larger franchises.

I'll never not be butthurt about this.

It took a year for siege to get good though, there were a lot of complaints on launch

>went to $30 a month after launch

whoever is making decisions assassinated it on purpose or is literally a brainless monkey

Nobody plays it on pc because it's on origin

I had fun with the (really short) campaign, but I had no interest in the MP.

>Had a bad experience working with a massive publisher with a bad reputation.
>Get in bed with the publisher with an even worse reputation.

S

Good goys. Support the Steam monopoly. Hail Gaben.

TF3 is already in production for spring 2019.

Respawn fired their marketing director as well

I can only imagine the butthurt when Ubisoft delayed pic related into getting spitroasted by Saints Row IV and GTAV

>nearly all the HUD elements are fully toggleable
>smart pistol is now an item you get only once per titanfall with limited ammo that you lose upon death, along with completely replacing your secondary, not to mention having to specifically choose it over other abilities
why don't you try playing the game first before you talk shit, nigger

Yay more WW2 and modern shooters where you are grounded the entire time. God forbid we have something with a third axis.

No fucking shit? Wow user, I had absolutely no idea that an EA published game was exclusive to Origin, a platform most people avoid.

Thanks for telling me information that isn't obvious to everyone. What a neat little fun fact.

literally the only thing that was wrong with TiF2 was its release window. No one is going to give it a chance, and its probably some of the most fun I've had in a multiplayer vidya game or FPS in a while, and even better with friends.

>i hate video games

tfw you didn't buy Titanfall 2

hopefully titanfall 3 will be boots on the ground

I have an idea guys

Let's release a game early, when all our public tech test players are telling us we need more time
And we'll do it right between two big launch titles, one of which has both more mindshare than our game and is directly competing with us for the same kinds of players.
And we'll restrict our game to only origin on PC to strangle the PC player base before it even exists
And sell it for a full $60 with LESS content than the first game, alongside an add-on singleplayer that literally nobody gives a flying fuck about
The market's gonna love this game! We'll be rolling in cash. We are fucking geniuses

Next up: "Well, I guess the market doesn't actually like giant robots" and "Let's focus on singleplayer, obviously the market doesn't like multiplayer games"
No you idiots, the market fucking loves giant robots and multiplayer games, you've just colossally fucked up what should've been an easy second title. Holy fuck, to go from 13 -> 2 million sales. That is "fire the entire studio and start over" tier. And these are the old infinity ward guys?

Pretty obvious they only got lucky and have no clue how to design a game that doesn't play like it's from 2000-fucking-6
Newsflash: The world moved on from Call of Duty, they don't want more clones. Best of luck with your third rehash if you even get one.

Why are you proud about that? Do you have shit taste or something?

>hopefully titanfall 3 won't be titanfall
kill yourself

Campaign was pretty fun, had some neat ideas like the time-switching level but unfortunately they were just gimmicks like in COD. Some really good ideas on display and even the mp was kind of fun, and I'm not a mp guy at all.

>celebrating one of the best fps games of last few years with all free DLC selling poorly

Gas yourselves whenever friends.

>titanfall is a cod clone
aka
>I've never played the game and got gud

Why would I laugh at a good game?

>Let's release a game early, when all our public tech test players are telling us we need more time
there wasn't anything that wrong with it on release at all. they fixed all the qualms with the multiplayer test too.

And we'll do it right between two big launch titles, one of which has both more mindshare than our game and is directly competing with us for the same kinds of players.
Yeah what the fuck EA are you kidding

>Origin on PC, Less content
It definitely has more and the single player is solid as fuck. As for origin only, what EA game recently hasn't been released on Origin only? even ubishit uses their own launcher as well even if you buy the game on steam.

Don't worry user Respawn is working on a real game based on Star Wars they will recoup their loses with this shitty game

>weeb hates good games and loves watching them fail
Kill yourself you waste of space

fucking THIS
modern Sup Forums is cancerous

It's like they sabotaged their own game with that release schedule. Holy shit, just delay it a few months until the BF and COD spergs calm down and are looking for some other way to kill each other.
EA is such shit.

EA did it to try to snipe some sales of off COD since BF1 was guaranteed to sell anyway.

It's literally CoD but you can go fast

Turns out that's a shitty combination and the first game did it better, but only barely.

Maybe they'll figure out that a TTK longer than an eyeblink is actually a good thing, and having some kind of actual meaning to positioning instead of fast guys flying everywhere and slow idiots shuffling around like retards doesn't actually make people want to play? Nah. That'll never happen.

Lower TTK!
Less tactics!
BOO positioning! I wanna twitch flick and no scope instead of think!

30 seconds of fun? What do you need 15 seconds of fun for? 5 seconds should be good enough for anyone.

Quick Sup Forums, come up with titan ideas!

>there wasn't anything that wrong with it on release at all.
That's why the game was a roaring success, right?

They WANTED it to go like this. Nothing was wrong, this is what they meant to do.

Deluded fanboys like you are a riot.

They threw their own game under the bus just to fuck with the competition instead of, you know, just trying to make their game better. I swear EA has a pact with the devil, Dead Space 3 was proof of this.

Skyrim Remastered sold more
Todd wins again baby!

>siege is an irrelivent failure
>playerbase constantly growing
Watch out, the activison boogyman is coming for you! Booga booga

titanfall and cod arnt even close to being the same thing, but whatever

Sounds like they're breaking new grounds. The game better have AT-STs so I can clap when I see them.

>2 new live fire maps
>2 new general multiplayer maps
>a new titan
>Gen cap increased to 100

who here /hype/

They actually released on the same day

S

I agree with your TTK but the speed thing idk where you're coming from. It's one of the main points of differentiation between it and CoD. Also it's not like adding mobility lessens the importance of positioning anyways.

Well it was released between Battlefield 1 and the latest call of duty in an attempt by EA to beat CoD in sells. The game itself if pretty alright.

yeah going from 12 to 15 people sure is some good growth

>1st sold 13 mil
What? I can't believe this.

you misheard the rest of my post it seems like. the game "failed " because of EA giving it a shitty release window primarily. the game itself was pretty great at release. The game was and is great. it got overshadowed by two bigger franchises.

In but I'm sure you bought some other big game that was released at the same time you cancer spawn.

I picked this game up when it was on sale during Black Friday. The campaign was actually bretty gud and not just a three hour tutorial like CoD. You get a meaty 15 hours with some good variety and some nice challenges thrown in.

Gave the multiplayer a chance, and just couldn't quite get the sling of things. The massive skill ceiling was definitely noticeable with good players curbstomping entire teams for a match. SMGs were hilariously overpowered for their massive hipshop accuracy when compared to other weapons. Rolling around in a Titan was fun provided it wasn't a defensive measure.

Yeah, EA could not have picked a worse release date considering it was just on the tails of BF1.

I was just thinking of launching it but this just makes me shake my head

It's just so good as a game but working for EA is the brand of the devil. They will make you fail and laugh at it.

It's completely EA's fault. If EA had a Witcher 3 on their hands they would somehow fuck that up too.

It's like the Midas Touch but of poo.

>the two games were literally made by the same people

D E L U S I O N A L
FANBOY

No you're right it isn't a 100% carbon copy. Good thing, because it would've been even worse.
But it's close enough that it has no distinction of its own. It plays like fucking shit. The movement is fluid and great, but the gameplay doesn't mesh with the movement. They massively fucked that up and I doubt they have anyone at the studio with a fucking clue how to make it good.

Any the fucked the balancing so hard that all the casual slows play a few matches, get absofuckinglutely rekt and swear it off forever.

I want to like this game, but don't stick your fucking head in the ground and pretend like it did everything right.

>laughing at a good game because it got fucked over

It's also the problem of releasing a sequel to a game that burned a lot of people. Like yes Titanfall 1 sold a lot but most of the people who got it realized that there wasn't a lot of life to it. Sequel comes rolling around and all these fucking companies just expect 800% retention rates.

Just look at watch dogs 2 and shit. People don't get MAD HYPE YO for a sequel to a game that was ass.

Destiny 2 is gonna be a riot.

Fucking jews

Grizzly from space Russia! Massive fist and rapid titansquat. Slow as fuck

>Any the fucked the balancing so hard that all the casual slows play a few matches, get absofuckinglutely rekt and swear it off forever.

You consider this a bad thing?

I remember how hard EA shills were pushing their design decisions for TF1 on here.
>single player campaign, who needs that? lel
Nobody in their right mind is going to shell out full retail for a multiplayer only game backed by an untested, unproven IP.

How Watch Dogs 2 got green lit is beyond me. I can only hope they fixed the "deep rooted architectural issues" in the game engine for the three people that bought it on the PC.

I hope EA dies soon.

kek

They're sticking with the same formula that killed the first game. It's gonna be great.

As soon as I found out it was basically borderlands diablo crossed with a korean loot grind I noped the fuck out and walked away

Destiny and the shit with Marty turned me from a diehard Bungie fan into "I don't give a fuck about Bungie anymore". The studio is dead. The people who made it great either moved on or got shoved out of the way by a corporate takeover. They're a creatively bankrupt zombie kept alive only by Activision's expectations of huge payola from their brandname - and that's going to become even more evident when Destiny 3 and 4 roll in.

RIP Bungie. Died with your magnum opus.

It's impressive that Titanfall2 even broke a million considering it got buttfuck in every directions.

>going from 13 million sales to 2 millions sales is a good thing!

DELUSIONAL
F
A
N
B
O
Y

The game is mad good tho

I play on PC and there's nothing remotely similar

word

>Nobody in their right mind is going to shell out full retail for a multiplayer only game backed by an untested, unproven IP.
what is overwatch

I do not base my enjoyment of video games on each one's sales figures. I'm sorry I'm not gay and 14 like you.

no developer or publisher in their right mind is going to cater to a small elitist demographic when they're specifically aiming for a wide audience with big appeal.

Respawn would have to be fucking retarded and trying to kill off their franchise on purpose if they catered to a retard like you.

A game that rode off the coattails of Team Fortress 2's established fanbase.

It's mostly about marketing these days.
No other companies comes close to Activision or Microsoft when it comes to marketing prowess.

>japanese game sells 1 mirrion
>WOW EPIC SUCCESS THEY FUCKING BTFO EVERYONE
>western game only sells 2 million
>Xdxd what a blunder

welcome to Sup Forums
where blunderborne selling 2 million in a 50 million userbase is an epic success but Watch Dogs selling +10 million in a few weeks and broke sales records is a blunder and a huge fail

Titans are pretty disappointing but tiddyfall2 is a better Halo than Halo 5 was

>every game has the same budget

Fucking this. Fuck off you regressive cunts. Grew up with WWII shooters out the ass. Push forward not backward.

>Released between the new call of duty and battlefield 1

It was pretty much suicide which stinks cause Titanfall 2 is amazing

it failed because they made the original titanfall shittier and had no chance to compete against an actual skill based game like Siege which is still growing bigger and bigger

Stardew Valley sold half as much as blunderborne and it was made by one man and basically no budget

Titanfall 2 need to sell 10 million to be worth continuing the franchise

>alongside an add-on singleplayer that literally nobody gives a flying fuck about
You take that back right now.

>titanfall is just call of du-
youtu.be/cviVhtoAiME

Making a bad first impression is never a good idea.