wtf I thought this was a kid's game.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=XWN2Lehwbwo
youtube.com/watch?v=_91pG0XZiAQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jj013_wy3CQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Close, it was for manchildren.

whoa, rude as fug man

How does a navi "die" but not get deleted? How the fuck does this work?

his body there is the equivalent of seeing a file in the recycle bin that's about to be deleted forever.

Take that back.

>Neuromancer for kids

That's not nice.

I thought that was PKMD from the thumb.

How he is "gone" if he is still there? He is a computer program, he is either deleted or not.

Oh man, don't play 2.

Two had tons of shit that shouldn't have flown for an E rating.

is that the one where an entire nation ('s navis) get "massacred" ?

He is merely pretending to be dead

Navi.Exe has stopped working

I just remember the black guy who said he prays to his good every day for fried chicken, the part where you have to rap so some black guy will buy beer you, and the woman who got off to net battles.

>That scene on the airplane where you have to rap battle a man for his whiskey and he tells you go to suck your mom's tits

>mmbn4
>how could they put this in a children's game!?!?

You know nothing. Check out mmbn2.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=XWN2Lehwbwo

BN4 is a steaming pile of shit.

BN's writing was never stelar, but BN4 takes it even further in terms of shittyness and inconsistency.

wtf I thought this was a kid's game

H-He's just sleeping billy.

I know I fucked up, but the same applies to BN5.

It's been so long since I played 4, but I remember it being the first one I legitimately did not enjoy of the series.

Its just a bunch of tournaments stuck together. Its filler.

I thought it was just the one tournament with a bunch of evil Navis thrown in between.
It was just
>Bad Navi is acting up
>Go to the tournament and deal with your opponent doing some shady shit before you fight them
>Repeat
I remember really hating Searchman and that fag with green hair.

Why is it always the green dudes?

>It's a stone, Lan.

Green lives matter

Many call it the franchise killer of Battle Network.

Story being silly, boring and even infuriating at times is the least of its problems.

Most scenarios were either dull or frustrating. Having to complete the game 3 times is idiotic and a disgusting sign of artificial prolongation. Chips were so weak that battles were long and tedious until you get hold of the broken Chips like AirHockey (granted, this was to balance Full-Synchro, but still...)

What's that? You wanted to get the Aquaman/Gutsman chips as soon as possible? Whoops! Have fun dealing with the chance of encountering their 1800HP Omega versions every time you navigate the fucking first area of the game with your very basic folder.

Graphics were ok.
Music was alright. Not as good as the one from the previous 3, but still good.

>Quality writing

People with no imagination whatsoever. Or maybe custom navis are expensive or hard to make?

Of course in game its because its easier to make every civilian navi and bad navi look the same.

>Or maybe custom navis are expensive or hard to make?

probably this. but then again fucking dex could afford a unique navi. some of the basic navi models were cool though.

wtf i'm afraid of mega man now

I remember Bass saying "Damn" at some point in that game and I ran to my mom to tell her my game had a swear in it.

>want to like 4 since it was the first one I played so I have nostalgia and shit
>most of the tournament scenarios are utter shit
At least the battle themes are nice, I guess?
youtube.com/watch?v=_91pG0XZiAQ

this got worse in BN5

>that part where he tries to fix the torn high voltage wire powering A METEOR DEFLECTING LASER by using himself as a conductor and SUCCEEDED WHILE NOT DYING IN THE PROCESS HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

quality writing indeed

>tfw have only ever played BN5
Not sure how to feel about this.

Man, I love how America is so serious.
look at Kirby. He's so mad!

What is that smile hiding?

I went 3, 1, 5, 4, 2.
The not thing that kinda matters from previous games is Bass/Gospel in 2

5 has the liberation missions as you go on a literal crusade to retake the internet from cyber terrorists

you're missing out. I recommend the GBA ones over the DS version tbqh just cause they ruined this theme in the DS version youtube.com/watch?v=jj013_wy3CQ

that's where you're wrong kiddo

oh you said you ONLY played BN 5. I'm an idiot.

Are there any games with similar style to the non net sections? The entire game is really appealing to the eyes.

*blocks your path*

starforce kind of but no this game has a very unique style.
I assume you're talking about 4, 5 and 6 too because they have a different style than 1 2 or 3.

>That difficulty spike in 1 when Water-type viruses are introduced

those FUCKING FISH and their insanely hard hitting spear hooks

BN7 for the Switch when?

Dude, go play 3, now. You're missing out the best of them.

Megaman was raped for our sins. RIP.

you tell em Omega-Xis

Sup Forums.png

We're standing in a room with a dead guy!

Gay_Fish.exe

MMBN did transgender representation right.

How many more years until everyone has their own net navi

try explaining this one

I finished 1 recently. All the comments about encounter rate were massively overblown, it wasn't that bad at all. The battle system is damn good fun the way it blends different genres together, and I'm loving some of the new chips in BN2.

That image is a bad example; think of it like a girl saying "suck my dick". Obviously the girl doesn't have a dick; it's just a commonly-used expression that has become universal.

1 is fine, it just actually manages to compete with four for the worst game in the series