I have Devil Survivor 1 Overclocked (physical) and 2 Record Breaker (Physical) on 3DS

I have Devil Survivor 1 Overclocked (physical) and 2 Record Breaker (Physical) on 3DS

Which should I play Sup Forums?

1, because it will be hard to go back to some of the missions after playing 2.

Well numeric order would be the obvious choice

Why did you feel it was significant to specify they're physical?

1 if you're interested in the best routes in the SMT series.
2 if you're interested in superior gameplay.

>the best routes in the SMT series.

Minus Yuzu's.

:^)

1 has a better story and is an actual SMT game.
2 is about aliens and trying to fuck girls like the fucking persona game it is

They have the same gameplay.

Yuzu 8th day was pretty good.

1 has the better story and some of the best routes in the franchise
2 has better gameplay

>cares more about plot than gameplay in an srpg

How to detect a casual shitter. You're as bad as the Persona fans compared to the SMT fans, friendo. 2 is a better srpg.

>1 has the better story

1's story had fuck awful pacing though. 2 was essentially an Eva knock off but there where always more pressing goals rather than you running around confused for 5 days just buggering into things

I bet you thought Apocalypse was good

1 is really underrated for the most part but some missions will make you pull your hair out.

Haven't got out of the tutorial of record breaker despite owning it since release because it's just boring to me.

1 so you can experience the bro-est of bros.

isn't this just SMT but with watered down gameplay and a lot of torpedo tits?

Entirely different gameplay. Only thing that makes it "just SMT" is demons and fusing.

It's SRPG SMT with torpedo tits

Yeah but it also has the bitchest of bitches

bump

buuuuuuuuuuuump

Release order, you have both physical. You don't have cancer or something preventing you from playing both right?
If you mean to gather opinions on what was better, I enjoyed 2 more. Better sound quality, menus that don't burn the eye, and somewhat better gameplay. Go play them instead of fucking around on Sup Forums.

How hard is it to play 1 after finishing 2 first? I heard the gameplay is less polished, and there's less moves/demons

Yuzu's not that much of a bitch.
Midori seems like a bigger one in my opinion for constantly ignoring your warnings before Keisuke has his freak out

bump

Might as well play them in order. I suggest that you download Devil Survivor 1 Overclocked (digital) (undub) and play it on your 3ds. It's a good game although unfortunately far too easy. Have fun!

Is there an update for the physical version on the eshop?

When you guys say Devil Survivor 2 has better gameplay, are you just talking about the gameplay mechanics themselves or the actual player experience? There's no doubt that the skill learning system in the second game is improved and there are many more demons and skills, but I recall that the changes to Devil Survivor 2 made the gameplay a lot simpler. New attacks and abilities allowed every single one of your parties to outspeed enemies and easily ORKO everything and new skills gave free turns, made movement easier, etc. It just seemed like less strategizing was required in the second game. However it's been a while since I played and I could be misremembering so I'd like to hear others' opinions.

Hey, Just started it yesterday! The first Boss battle kicked my ass really hard. Is it normal or I'm just specially bad at the game?

No idea, it's an unofficial undub but everyone has custom firmware so it should be easy to get. I've heard bad things about the English dub but I thought the Jap voices were fine so do look into it.

Try defending the first turn then use super effective attacks