youtube.com/watch?v=ZyJzylk8d_M
youtube.com/watch?v=g6UdEYWESmg
youtube.com/watch?v=vtPk5IUbdH0
youtu.be/mMPSyOB2qNo
youtu.be/_JoZS6LgqYI
youtu.be/ym40Gno6S7U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

let's hit the showers

It's almost definitely Amazon, since they've been talking about getting into the gaming industry for years. Not to mention Amazon coming up with their own game engine a couple of years back.

First for FUNK
youtube.com/watch?v=CD2Gi5r1JzQ

>yfw the console's OS is gentoo-based

This is the first time I've been excited for a game console in years. Please let this work out.

aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/
Reminder.
It's definitely going to be Amazon partnership.

>the ataribox becomes Sup Forums's console

Just so you guys know if Atari and Amazon fail and don't go for the groovy retro marketing campaign we're going to have to do it for them. So I want you all the shilling this hardcore, it's the only hope for positive change in the industry. If the mouth breathers at Sup Forums could meme someone into the White House I'm sure we won't have any issues meming a console to prominence.

groovy

The time of the Elder Gods has arrived.
Atari arrives and strikes down Microsoft and overtakes it's market with PC-style games and roleplays.

SEGA comes back from the grave and strikes down Sony. SEGA pushes their in-house RPGs hard like they did in the Saturn era becoming the new go-to for Arcade and RPG fun.

Nintendo stays portable/hybrid for classic-style adventures, racers and platformers.

The original 3 come back. Videogames are restored.

"Movie games" full of QTEs fade into obscurity. The dark ages of vidya are over.

But a question still remains:

Have you played Atari today?

>Comments are disabled for this video.

First sign of sure failure.

NO FROGS AND FLIES
NO BUY

>The final swordquest prizes were stolen from Atari
>Thieves release a bunch of bootleg games that are half difficult as shit game half ARG
>People die and fight to the death in the process of trying to get the real original last prize or whatever
>Thieves have traps and real life recreations of original atari games you have to survive for clues and shit
>Spending tons of money flying around the world, or time driving, have to go by boat for certain segments, maybe something by sub, etc
>Takes you literally around the world, new zealand, america, india, africa, the middle of a warzone, everywhere.
>Winner comes out with the real final prize
>Riches beyond their wildest beliefs, the sword and the stone from the original swordquest
>For centuries following people remember and historians hotly debate whether it was the original Atari Sword and Philoshopers Stone
>Original thieves were never found
>And history all went down on the Atari Cougar
How can the little 3 keep up?

Because Sony niggers kept spamming PS4 games in the comments.

>NOT be a retro box
suuuuure

Sure. I'm all for making groovyposting a thing.

They would all be Groovy memes if it wasn't. The like ratio is good. It's just like Nintendo disabling comments.

Cringeeee.

Final video game contest to win the final sword-quest items when!?

Damn son, that shit is funky fresh.

Someone give me a quick rundown on what's going down

I imagine you haven't played Atari today, not even emulated.

That's not groovy, man, everybody knows 2600 had the better version of Space Invaders. Give it a shot.

An ancient evil awakens

>Atari comeback
>No good internal development studios
>IPs only fossils would give a shit about

Atari announced they're making an actual modern console to compete with the other big companies again

Atari refuses to stay dead yet again and are entering the console race as the 4th player with their own console.

ATARIBOX COCKTEASE VID: youtube.com/watch?v=5WNsmCpdhhY

SPECULATION RUNS WILD

RECORDS ARE SPUN

MEMES ARE CREATED

>the moment a console that doesn't take itself way too seriously is announced, Sup Forums's quality improves tenfold
It's almost like the "multimedia system" meme was killing gaming

New Atari console.
Yes, you read that right. Yes,THAT Atari.

>Atari fucking returns
>All this groove

Guys, I'm legit hype. best new in a while.

>Amazon

How would be their new and exclusives IPs? Who would be their mascot?

Is there any way to play old Atari games, like an emulator or something? These threads make me want to check them out for fun

Nintendo posters have gotten seriously bad since Iwata died and Nintendo ditched the more friendly aesthetic they had with him

Reminder that this will be Jaguar 2.0

Keep the Wojaks coming

Ataritard obviously. We sell him off and buy the Sup Forums mansion.

To be fair, the whole "multi media home system" meme was a a cancer that began ruining vidya as early as the SEGA CD and PS1 playing music. Then PS2 made it worse with DVDs.

And it escalated with streaming services. Consoles stopped being consoles.

youtu.be/A_sY2rjxq6M

This exactly. It's like feeling coming back to a numbed limb. Fuck, I'd forgotten what FUN could look like. Even if they falter, even if they fail. the dream will live on.

youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

>DAT FAUX WOOD

>had no interest in the console
>only participated in these threads for the groovy posting and new memes
>groovy posted so hard I'm considering buying it
>why continue life as a jive turkey when I can be a cat daddy
>mfw I shilled myself

Fuck, now I hope it does well.

Atari Flashback console or the Atari Flashback Collections for PS4

This is PC, That's a 10-4 on that rubber ducky.

It took about 4 years but Wojak managed to swing back around to being funny. And it's the hardest I've laughed on Sup Forums in a long time.

So you're good at computer games.
But what do you know about computers?

youtube.com/watch?v=6RVxD3I9pHk

I am so ready

Man the console didn't even come out yet and this is already fun. Fucking Atari shills how do you do it?

What fucking games could they possibly have? This is a scam for "retro geek" retards

Can it got enough games? Or will it run PC games+some exclusives?

>Atari announcing a new console has brought in a new golden age to Sup Forums

Shit, there was an emulator for PC and Wii, but I forgot the name. The Wii version was called Wii2600 but I forgot the name of it's PC counterpart.

Play fucking Space Invaders, it's unironicaly the best version.

>why continue life as a jive turkey when I can be a cat daddy

Non shit version

Funk can not only move it can REMOVE!

youtube.com/watch?v=ZyJzylk8d_M

this is a ruse. it just has that "elaborate Sup Forums prank" smell to it. let's get real who's behind this, where did it start?

Realistically, if Amazon was backing them, what would the specs be?

I'm guessing pretty beefy because of dat Amazon money.

Amazon + Atari have been working for years to buy up rights to dead cult classic franchises
Expect to see Crazy Taxi, Shenmue, Space Invaders and more

This is why Atari has no hope against PC.

youtube.com/watch?v=g6UdEYWESmg

>Videogames stop being QTE-ridden CGI B-Movies
>Fun comes back in full swing.
It was MEANT to happen.

JUST IMAGINE RUNNING YOUR FINGERS ACROSS DAT GLORIOUS WOOD GRAIN FACIA. FEEL IT!

>>mfw I shilled myself
You aren't alone. Making these memes has been a trip.

>"This will be the end of Atari" says increasingly nervous man for the twentieth time

Restating from previous thread

If you could remake any of the old Atari games not just for 2600 but any of them for Modern Day and completely revise the entirety of the game or make something new, what would you do?

>tfw nobody coming to save Banjo

Atari will Never EVER be successful again! Delete this FUCKING thread RIGHT NOW!

Yeah just like Trump what a funny meme he was haha!

>everybody mixing up disco memes with hippie memes

Yu Suzuki is making Shenmue himself

DELID THIS

>Amazon x Atari
>most likely going to be a handheld console ala Switch due to Amazon's experience with Kindle Tablets
>Going to run an Android based OS, likely different than the tablet OS, so users can access the the Amazon game store

With Song not having a handheld, and Nintendo playing both sides. it would make sense that Amazon makes one. Attach the Atari name and whatever games they have rights to and this might be cool.

>Having fun with the funky memes
>Both happy for being here to see them and sad because these threads will be gone someday

THREAD THEME
youtube.com/watch?v=vtPk5IUbdH0

Adventure.
Make it something similar to Legend of Zelda, but without being a derivative. A huge magical world scope, dungeons, with really different dragons as bosses.

But what if it's actually good?

>It's tough to grow up in a computer age without learning about computers

It's funny hearing that now.

youtu.be/mMPSyOB2qNo

>mfw Atari leaps to 70% market share in Q1 2019

The problem is not if it's gonna be good or not, it's that it's gonna be sucked in by the consolewars once the games are revealed.

>ADVENTURE REMASTERED
>YAR'S REVENGE DX

>The market crashes in 2023

I remember being a kid just waiting for the days when everyone knew how to use a computer. Then the fucking iPhone happened.

Make Asteroids similar to Star Wars Rouge Squadron or Star Fox

Probably will be better than the switch

youtu.be/_JoZS6LgqYI

>yfw it releases this fall
>xbox one x is only the most powerful console of all time for 2 weeks

continued

have you guys decided on an insult for future atari owners?
so far we have ataridiots and ataritards

Atardis.

youtu.be/ym40Gno6S7U

I know this feel

Hey guys. PC Master Race here. Just chilling with my fucking RAD bro, Atari. What's that? You say I'm already on there? Oh, you're talking about that obese neckbeard PC 'Gamer'. What a faggot. I bet he goes to Reddit and not Sup Forums like me and my pal here. Catch ya later faggots!
SCCCCCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRCHHHHHHHHHH

LET'S GROOVE TONIGHT

> this is your brain on reddit

fucking this
u
c
k
i
n
g

t
h
i
s

GIVE ME WHAT I NEEEED

Can't wait for Custers Revenge 2: HD Turbo Championship Edition.

Ataritards meshes together both words well.

This is also good

kek

We still need an image like this with all the other consoles getting rekt by groove.

>Custer's Revenge 2: The Golden

everyone is so excited and happy ITT i dont wanna see it go