Metroid thread. Ready for Metroid 2 remake? Ready for Prime 4...

Metroid thread. Ready for Metroid 2 remake? Ready for Prime 4? What are you hope change up with Prime 4 since Retro isn't working on it.

>Ready for Metroid 2 remake?
I couldn't be any more ready than I am! I can hardly wait! I can hardly thinkg about anything BUT Samus Returns!
>Ready for Prime 4
Me personally, I prefer Prime over traditional Metroid. But with developement JUST having started, it's easier for me to wait for Prime 4 than it is to wait for Samus Returns. Samus Returns feels like it's just around the corner...!
>What are you hope change up with Prime 4 since Retro isn't working on it.
I hope whoever will make Prime 4 matches the artstyle of the original Prime trilogy at least to a certain degree. I don't want Prime 4 to look like Other M or like Super Metroid from the first perspective. Apart from that, I am really excited to see a Prime game from a whole-new dev team. Also that means that we'll getting a Retro Studios game in addition to a new Prime game. Which is awesome.

Mercury steam

Based on everyone that played it and also played that Castlevania game Metroid 2 is miles better in every way.

Ready for dread?

We would have gotten Metroid Dread on Wii U/3DS but after Other M they canceled that quickly.

I love the additions to JP Fusion.

Psst.
The guy who directed the Castlevania netflix show wants to do Metroid next.

A dread remake would have been interesting. You end Fusion with a yellow undersuit and orange gel overlay, your next upgrades would likely be suit upgrade to enhance your weak defense and restore your iconic plating to some degree, as well as maybe the shoulder pads, while still keeping the organic look alive so to speak

I bought 30 of these earlier. Going to resell them for 3 times the price on my ebay store.

I just hope they bring back the expanded Hunters multiplayer for Prime 4. Feels like it would be a huge waste leaving that behind.

No, you didn't. The only store which had these avaiable today was the official Nintendo store, which only sells one per customer.

I have 30 separate accounts set up, specifically so I can bypass that limitation. I'm considering opening more accounts. Generally I double the price for scalping, but with demand so high for a new Metroid game I could probably get away with quadrupling it. If I open 50 accounts and charge 4 times the regular price, I'll make a profit of about £9000.

>I have 30 separate accounts set up
Prove it

Nice Bait Faggot!

>Ready for Metroid 2 remake
Yes, I can't wait for Metroid Dread (Metroid 5) after it.
>Ready for Metroid Prime 4
I don't give a shit about the Prime series.

It says ONE purchave per CUSTOMER! A customer is a PERSON, not an account! You can have dozends of accounts, if they all link to ONE person, you won't be able to buy with them!

It's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about and just trying to bait. Well, you got a couple of (You)s for your troubles, so go ahead and jerk off to that as you usualy do.

>mfw doing a 15% run in ZM
RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYY

didn't mean to quote 2bh

>not 9%
scrub

no ending screen=no poin desu

Nope. I'm not getting reported.

I do this for a living now. I saved up a decent amount of cash from my minimum wage job 2 years ago, which I used to scalp some other special edition movies and games. I used a portion of my profit to scalp a little more each time. I make enough money to live comfortably and people still get their collectables, so I don't see what the big deal is.

I don't think you understand how it works. I'm not linking them to a single person, instead I make up a lot of user information with different Gmail accounts and list some random addresses for each of them from Google Maps. When I receive them email confirmation for my purchase, I have the mail forwarded to my P.O. Box instead.

Have fun with Mother Brain.

>I have no proof whatsoever but totally believe
I see

I'm not going to risk getting shut down, sorry. I could always take a time-stamped picture of the packages when they get here in 2 months, but there's nothing I can do immediately that will make you believe me. You'll probably end up buying a copy from me in the future.

I know Metroid threads are low hanging fruit but please stop pretending

*blocks your path*

Couldn't the Chozo have dropped Samus off at an orphanage? Wouldn't it make sense to return an alien child to its own kind rather then raise it as a warrior pet project?

>not reking them with the shinespark

It would have made sense but the result wouldn't have been nearly as cool.

Been forever since I've read the manga but didn't the Chozo has something to do with Ridley and the Pirates destroying the planet?

>prime 4 not developed by retro
>samus returns is filled with QTEs that people are praising only because it is metroid
you all make me sick, you all have fun with mashing the block button and watching the cutscene

>Missed the GAME release
>Missed the Nintendo Store release
Not gonna miss with a gun in my mouth

That was just a human settlement, they could have dropped her off at an orphanage on Earth or just any nearby military if they were lazy.

I know it doesn't compare, but one time I tried sequence breaking on hard and I ended up trapping myself in Ridley without the Varia suit. To kill Ridley himself I had to cheese him by standing under him and firing one missile at a time

My main concern is whether or not the Prime game engine will be used
Retro has used the very same engine for all 3 Primes and both Dong games, all which play amazingly.
We've been told in an interview that Retro is using the BotW engine, which is concerning

And of course lets not forget about the possible changes to the artstyle and lore writing

I hope it's going to be good.

I just hope Prime 4 keeps up with new changes that the Prime series was doing. I love the classic abilities that Samus but I want to see what other shit her suit can do with new abilities.

>prime 4 not developed by retro
Retro only knows how to make DK now. Pic very related
>samus returns is filled with QTEs that people are praising only because it is metroid
You don't know what a QTE is.

For what?

a keychain that will get you weird looks?
shit that will sit on your shelf?
an artbook thats going to get scanned?
music you heard time and again and can be easily found after the track gets ripped?
a digital download of a game you probably already have?
I dont know what a fucking steelbook is but sounds like a storage thing for games
and that pin, the fuck are you going to do with it? use it as flair to pin on your costume for your video game cafe job?

As I said I want to say the Chozo was somehow involve in the destruction. And if that's the case they most likely would have felt responsible enough that they force her upon themselves. If they didn't I guess they just didn't want to travel around to another human planet because they were lazy.

I think in the manga the idea was that they felt bad because the space pirate attack was indirectly because of them. The manga's pretty shit though, and it's canonical status is dubious, so I would just ignore it.

... What does Retro Studios have to do with a game not developed by them?

Oh hell yeah!

I'm a collector autist, also it was only an extra £20, but now thanks to scalpers it's an extra £120 which I'm not gonna bother with. Might try to catch the release on Amazon but my hopes aren't up.

>ReCore is an action-adventure platform video game developed by Comcept and Armature Studio,
>Armature Studio, LLC is an American video game development studio in Austin, Texas. In April 2008, after completing Metroid Prime 3: Corruption in 2007 for Nintendo, former game director Mark Pacini, art director Todd Keller, and principal technology engineer Jack Matthews left Retro Studios to start Armature, which was founded in September 2008.
Apply yourself

>The manga's pretty shit though, and it's canonical status is dubious, so I would just ignore it.
Base on Other M it is canon or at least something like that happened within the Metroid timeline. That's where her having PTSD during the Ridley fight was about.

>We've been told in an interview that Retro is using the BotW engine, which is concerning

Why?

Did anyone play am2r?

Should I play that or wait for Samus returns?

>We've been told in an interview that Retro is using the BotW engine
Retro is not even developing the game

Because there is literally nothing wrong with the Metroid Prime game engine

They have access to the BotW engine for whatever they've been working on

was mother brain an aurora unit?

or were the aurora units knockoff mother brains?

It directly contradicts both Other M and Zero Mission. It's not like Nintendo cared about the canon anyway, so it doesn't really matter either way.

Just play both.

>or were the aurora units knockoff mother brains?
yes

Other M contradicts pretty much everything outside of Other M so there's that.

Aurora Units were the GFs attempt to make super computers like Mother Brain.

But they are both metroid 2 so it'd be like a reskin right?

Well, assuming physics play a big role in whatever they are developing, it's a good decision

I wish i could be this excited about something

Both change the areas

SR is going to have a different map and different abilities so it's pretty much a different game

>Ready for Metroid 2 remake?
>Ready for melee gimmicks, a shoehorned "story" and even more linear level designs?

No thanks. Other M was the final nail in that coffin.

Yes and no. True they're both remakes of the same game but they have their own little twists to make their version unique.

What exactly went wrong?
How does someone go from directing Metroid prime to shitting out fucking recore?

They both look like they're going to be pretty different from each other outside the "kill da metroids" structure.

> melee gimmicks
tru
>a shoehorned "story"
How is the baby metroid aka a mayor plot point in almost all 2d games a shoehorned story?
>and even more linear level designs?
It isn't, where did you get that idea?

Manga was written by Sakamoto, his position was the same as the Prime series meaning he had nothing to do with it except say go ahead and make it, and it contradicts the games stop using it as some kind of clutch. The Metroid manga is not canon and it never was to begin with.

The guys that left probably needed Ninty's guidance to do any good

>240p
>two hundred forty vertical pixels progressive scan
>2017
>twenty seventeen
>two thousand seventeen

Fucking release it for the Switch and I will buy one.

Stop falling for bait.

I'm dreading having to use the Fusion Suit instead of the Power Suit in the eventual Metroid V.

The 3DS is fine

It's worth current year manning over. Samus Returns in 720p handheld and 1080p TV would sell both the game and the system for me instead of waiting for Prime 4.

It's not like they can't redesign it, I think it could have potential with a couple of changes

Resolution doesn't matter that much when the screen is small retard. Go be a graphics whore somewhere else.

*wasn't

I don't want a tiny screen either, Metroid fucking belongs on a home system even if it's 2D, when shit like Meme Run gets to be on there. Tropical Freeze is one of the best platformers ever made and it's right on a home console, why can't 2D Metroid be on it too?
>thinking I'm a Sonyfag
The only god damn console I own in the past ten years is a Wii U.

Scalping faggots deserve death.

god, it still hasn't set in that metroid isn't dead

khubk

I completely agree that it's not canon (and it's bad). I'm not sure what you're getting at with the crutch comment. Regardless, the canon isn't very well-defined anyway, and I don't think anyone at Nintendo cares about it, least of all Yoshio "y is metroid purple" Sakamoto.

Amazing isn't it?

My local store her also had them, but they only gave one edition per account. I got one but it was sold out in like 5 hours

How would you react if Metroid Prime 4 gets cancelled during development?

>Work on a computer all day in a really relaxed environment, I get to pre-order the SNES Classic and Samus Returns Legacy Edition as soon as they go up
>Which is 3pm on a Wednesday for god knows what reason
>My brother who does factory work and also desperately wants these things misses the 20/30 minute pre-order windows for each

He is understandably livid.

Not that poster but your brother still wouldn't have got one even if scalpers weren't there.

It amazes me that it's not that big of a price jump from the regular version.

I just preordered my european legacy edition. yay me.
by never buying a switch

Not surprised

I wouldn't care, I love the 2D games not Prime so if Prime 4 gets cancelled, oh well.

Me too. What the fuck am I even doing with my life

Why the fuck would they open pre-orders at 3pm on a Wednesday? Will Amazon UK stock the legacy edition too? Is there a point in me going into a GAME store to see whether I'll be able to pre-order one there?