Main 3D games(best to worst):

Main 3D games(best to worst):
-Sonic Adventure(-big fishing)
-Sonic Adventure 2(-tails mech, -no hubworld)
-Shadow The Hedgehog(-too edgy)
-Sonic Unleashed(-werehog and only sonic is playable)
-Sonic Colors(-poor multiplayer, -2.5D)
-Sonic Generations(-two Sonics, -2.5D redesign of originally 3D levels)
-Sonic Heroes(-bad physics, -forced 3 character levels)
-Sonic 06(-buggy, -unfinished, -elise)
-Sonic Lost World(-parkour implementation, -only Sonic is playable)
-Sonic Boom(-garbage redesign)
-Sonic and the Black Knight(neat idea, -god awful controls)
-Sonic and the Secret Rings(neat idea, -god awful controls)

3D Spinoff Games (favorite to least favorite):
-Sonic the Fighters
-Sonic Shuffle
-Sonic R
-Sonic Chronicles
-Sonic Riders
-Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed

2D games from (favorite to least favorite):
-Sonic 2
-Sonic Advance 2
-Sonic Advance
-Sonic & Knuckles
-Sonic 3 & Knuckles
-Sonic 3
-Sonic Pocket Adventure
-Sonic 1
-Sonic 3D blast
-Sonic Rush Adventure
-Sonic Rush
-Sonic Advance 3
-Sonic Labyrinth

2D spinoff games (favorite to least favorite):
-Sonic Battle
-Tails Adventures
-Sonic Drift 1&2

Your taste is shit

>good ta-
>Sonic Colors over generations
>Riders below anything else
>sonic 3, s3k, and sk are different
>game gear sonic 1 isn't mentioned

You're shit

>Thinking hubwords are a good thing

I didn't make a thread having some of the worst taste imaginable so that's false, try again

Game gear sonic I forgot, altogether but overall they sucked. Sonic Pocket Adventure for neogeo was the only good mobile game from that era. Also riders isn't that bad of a game, but its not one of my favorites, mostly due to the fact that Sonic is on a hoverboard, instead of on foot. Sonic riders is a better game than Sonic R no doubt.

Reminder that Sonic was never good.

The core premise of speeding through levels gets raped by shit level design filled with traps that force you to slow down.

It's a franchise that survives on its mascots, the games were always shittily designed, ESPECIALLY the highly regarded Adventure series.

t. neverplayedasonicgame

All-Stars Racing Transformed below all that shit? Generations below Shadow and Unleashed?
You're mentally unstable.

>s&k above s3&k

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU EVEN MEAN

Played almost all of them, except some really obscure spin-offs like the fighting game.

They are all plagued by tons of awkward moments of trying to go fast and bumping into shit. That really kills the feeling of the game to me; here I am, playing a game all about going fast, having to wait for elevators and slow down to avoid floating spiked balls and shit.

Sonic Utopia had the right idea: huge sprawling maps with crazy terrain filled with opportunities to do crazy stunts. SEGA should hire those guys, or at least go for somethign in the same vein.

>sonic and th black knight
>bad
Dude the controls are easy as fuck like holy balls

The sonic & knuckles levels I liked better than the sonic 3 levels, this is what I was trying to communicate

>doesn't understand the idea of replaying levels and gaining skill and experience
Seriously, that's what sonic started out as, then, they tried a bunch of stuff with adventure, some good and some bad.
It was because they became closed minded after that point, thinking they knew what made it good, that things got worse and worse.

Then there wouldnt be a challenge.

That's literally any video game. Sonic didn't invent speedrunning.

The game isn't challenging because it requires skill, it is challenging because you literally can't see what's coming in time to be able to avoid taking damage unless you slow down and kill the entire premise of the game.

The sonic fanbase is literally built on nostalgia for a mascot, the games were never good from a game design point of view.

The challenge should come from reacting quickly to the dangers you can see, not from having to replay a level over and over until you know when and where to jump and duck. That's something speedrunners do, not people who are just trying to finish the game.

In games like the Super Mario series you can get good and learn how to deal with the obstacles without having to replay and memorize a level, just by playing the game the way it was intended to be played.

If you try to play Sonic by just going fast you're going to get fucked. The best Sonic games are the ones where you can actually see what's coming, like the more recent ones.

The Adventure games kinda do that, but they're terrible for another pile of reasons.

I've found myself going back to old games lately and I'd like to chip in. In my opinion, the Adventure games (and Heroes/StH) have aged poorly. They have wonky cameras, fickle controls and frequently feature bad level design. Not to mention the bugs. I think we used to overlook that because these games did actually pull off fast-paced platforming, but going back to them after playing more modern games (and more modern Sonics) really highlights that there were a lot of things wrong.

To me, ranking the Adventure games so high reeks of nostalgia goggles. In my opinion, Generations is as close to perfect as 3D Sonic is going to get, even with occasionally switching to 2D.

It just looks like Adventure with sprawling level design.

Where's sonic spinball and meanbean machine?

Except it has responsive controls, a good momentum build up, a camera that isn't complete shit and levels that aren't forcing you to go one specific way and completely break down if you try something the designers didn't intend.

>God Tier

Chao Garden SA2B

>Decent Tier

Sonic Generations
Sonic Colors

>Why the fuck am I playing Tier

Everything else.

This is 3D only.

Fixed it for you brah.

>kinda liked werehog
Was just a simple beat'em up, ok combos to do, issue of repetetive music and a sharp contrast really. Wouldn't mind if a different game took the idea of a stretchy armed brawler/platformer and refined it.

Same. I liked those levels. I enjoy simple beat em' up sections in 3D platformers, no idea why so many people hate when games do that.

Mean bean machine would be higher on the list than spinball.

I wished it was knuckles instead, which is why I have a problem with Sonic Generations and Unleashed. The two sonics hogshit is disgusting when you have 30+ characters to chose from.