Guardians are...strangely lewd I must say

Guardians are...strangely lewd I must say

BOTW thread

What are guardians even made of?

this get you off???

slutjuices

The tears of Zelda

7/10, not even agreeing with Sterling, the game has its problems but its above average.

prove me wrong

7/10 is average though 8/10 is good, 9/10 is great and 10/10 is paid reviews

Why would I? It's an opinion

That no one really asked for

No that's the modern review scale. 5/10 should be average and I think that is user's scale if 7/10 is above average. The modern scale really sucks

>Doing the ceremonial shrine quest in zoras domain
>looking over every inch of shoreline in the area for that trident and haven't found shit

I don't wanna know where it is exactly but does anyone have a hint?

Have Magnesis out around bridges' bases

I actually like this incarnation of Zelda the most. Fite me

It's under the city somewhere. A dude tells you where he dropped it off a bridge. Hint: you'll need a rune.

5/10 is average, its smack dab in the middle of being good or bad.
let me blog for once in my goddamn life

What are some games you consider 10/10?

I like BotW Zelda the most too, even when she wasn't being a bitch. She felt real and closer to the player than all the other zeldas without being a deformed freak like SS Zelda

I like ALL the divine beasts

AMA

i have yet to find a nearly flawless game to give a 10/10

I don't think this is as controversial as you think. The main complaint is that they are short, which means people want more of them

I beat the game last week and I fucking loved it. Im gonna take a break and play it again when the final DLC comes out.

Is it worth it to do all the shrines? Also master mode? I did around 100 when I finished my first playthrough. I didn't really bother with sidequest except some of the shrine quest with Kass.

If you like shrines go for it, the reward is just some clothes but if you enjoy doing the shrines there is no reason not to finish it

How about 9/10 then?

Hyrule is just so nice to be in. The atmosphere is really fantastic

I had the game since release and only got one divine beast. Most the time I can't get myself to play the game thinking if I put in 3 hours into the game I will not get anywhere. The maps are too fucking huge with nothing in them.

Aside from a few games which I hold as high as 9/10, thats strictly due to nostalgia. I'd say Super Mario 64 is a 9/10 just because of how much I play that game and enjoy it each run, but factually it isn't a 9/10 game or possibly not even an 8/10 game. I can't list any 9/10 games that are actually deserving of that score, I apologize user

Sometimes when I want to take a break I just wander around hyrule

There are tons in them, you just have to be good at finding shit. Moving around is really fast too if you paraglide. I never got the empty huge map complaint, I get everywhere extremely fast.

Those clothes do have some of the best armor values in the game, at least.

They're also apparently very comfortable.

Should I buy the DLC? I want an excuse to go back to the game

Depends on how much you like the actual combat and gameplay of BOTW
Considering I really like the gameplay, the Master Trials are bretty good and Master Difficulty is fun too but honestly is pretty fucking bullshit at times and makes the game essentially a stealth game
The costume shit is worthless

H-how about a 8/10? I'm trying to figure out what a 7/10 is to you.

Master mode is meh
Master trials are great

I'd give Splatoon 2 a 7/10 as well if thats what you're looking for. Shovel Knight was pretty solid, albeit short so possibly an 8 or 7.5 if you're into that half ratings. Mario Kart 8 I'd give an 8, if the DLC is included since I think you get a lot of bang for your buck.

>essentially a stealth game
Sounds good, how good is the stealth in master mode?

Wait for more information for the part 2 of the DLC

>not grabbing Majora's Mask to avoid encounters
>not grabbing the Phantom set for really nice early-game armor
Tingle's armor is also worth getting just for how people freak out when you approach them.

It's a tad more difficult since enemies have a better line of sight, but you can always sneak strike them at night. The biggest challenge in Master Mode is probably the Plateau, since the game doesn't scale up the weapons with the enemies. The floating platforms do give you some nice gear, though, so be on the lookout for those.

What about non-Nintendo games? I'd have to say that I would consider BotW better than Splatoon 2.

It's the same as stealth in the base game, which is already pretty good due to things like sightlines and sound affecting the awareness of enemies. What I mean by this is that fighting enemies in this mode is way harder due to more advanced enemy placements across the board (prepare to be ambushed by enemies riding octorock platforms) as well as giving them regenerating health. Oh and for good measure a Lynel spawns on the Great Plateau just to say fuck you
Overall i'd say it's too hard to be fun because if they wanted to have all this shit i'd outright remove weapon durability because otherwise enemies have too much health to really reliably take down

Master Mode doesn't feel noticably different, mainly because most of the changes had to do with combat and nothing else. The shrines and beasts are all still the same, there aren't any new unique enemies added, no new weapons or items. Really, all it is, is enemies are ranked up sooner than later(blue and silver enemies show up early), and they regen health at an unfair rate, artificially making battles last longer. It's not a problem when you're fighting 1 or 2 enemies but any more and it becomes a hassle because of how quickly enemies regen.

The only good thing that came out of it are the floating platforms with chests, since they give out strong weapons so early. I don't think its worth the money for this DLC, and fuck me I paid for the season pass

Meh, I loved the Master trials so it was worth it to me.

Tubes?
Glass and tubes.

Just to rapid fire, Last of Us 6/10, Killing Floor 2 7/10, Metal Slug Anthology 6/10, Fallout 4 is 6.5/10, Battleborn 3/10, Stardew Valley PC 7/10, Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 both 7.5, GTA SA and IV are solid 7/10s, Civilation 3 and 4 are 7.5/10.
Generally I value gameplay over anything else, these games just come to mind from skimming what I got on PS4 and steam. I've been trying to get more RPG's under my belt

They should patch in the ability to disable flurry rush. Parry is much better to use

Jeez you have some really high standards

This is the worst fucking zelda i've ever played, i've already finished the game but don't feel like going 100% like the previous games.

It's just way to grindy as fuck with shitty weapon durability.

Should have just made weapons upgradeable and have more purpose to switch.

I think most of the games I listed are exceptional games which I recommend to people often. I enjoy games. I just don't think 9 or 10/10 games are being made currently, especially with Day one patches being a prominent thing today, BoTW is guilty of this among other games. Though Mario Odyssey might break that 9/10 for me if it truly brings back the goodness from 64 and sunshine.

You can you know just not dodge?

Not that user but those really should be normalized standards when it comes to the rating scale

>Grindy
What are you even grinding.

Weapon durability doesn't even matter, weapons are so plentiful, and that's a problem. You don't even have to grind for anything in the game

Imagine playing this game at 720p 20 fps washed out colors on a huge TV. Wow.

The saturation actually hurts my eyes, and I'm playing on the PeeCee too

Looks pretty good, any noticeable problems or does cemu work fine?

Honestly the game looks great and a potential HD remaster a few years down the line that actually makes the game playable on consoles would be legit
This is coming from someone who beat it on WiiU, and holy shit did I suffer
>mfw walking into a town and the framerate dies again

at least you're consistent, sterlingfag is inconsistent

but I liked the washed out colors, gives it a painting like look

I kinda wish the other races went to other villages, you only see so few of them around.

Only issue is depth of field in the binoculars can bug out from time to time. Otherwise no it works pretty gr8.

>those really hi-def ground textures
>on a seven year old, mid-tier powerful console
No wonder it runs like shit.

what's the secret in conquering the master sword trials

holy shit i hope those rumours about a gtx 1060 4k dock are true cause this looks really good

Plenty of gorons with the Gerudos for some reason

Shoot niggas
No, legit. Bows are going to be your best fucking friend, especially when they start handing out arrows
End fights before they can begin- don't get into a scrap with a powerful enemy if you can help it. Plan ambushes. Be patient. Remember to take advantage of ragdoll physics, as you can kill powerful enemies by knocking them into water and stuff
Make sure you've mastered both Perfect Parry and Flurry Rush as it chops enemies up

It was a pain in the ass. Is that enough of a hint for you?

So Sup Forums is hard mode worth playing? Are there noticeable differences that make another playthrough worth it? Is it actually challenging/fix the inverted difficulty curve?

they make sense though, since they're merchant races

you'd think the bird people would fly around, I only see a few

Ah right, I haven't gotten to the part with many arrows yet.

Subtle

yeah you're an idiot who doesn't actually realize how scoring works. If you can't name a single 9/10, that means you score games from 0-8, which makes your 7 a 9 in non-retarded measurements.

Also, can we end the meme that a 10/10 means its a flawless game?
If the best game of all time cannot score a perfect 10/10, that score is utterly useless, which means there's no reason to actually list it.

Reviewing things is not the same as scoring a test.

Fuck, I forgot I realized to tag

Don't throw away rusty weapons. Eat something to give you extra hearts before the trials even start

Don't die

what's the point of giving a "defense" armor like the Soldier armor (which doesn't even have a combo boost) when the Champion Tunic has better stats and has an additional see HP effect.

Yeah man this game really does look gorgeous behind that low resolution output. Texture work in most places is really well done, and the shaders they use for cel shading scale flawlessly at higher resolution creating this almost Pixar/cartoon like appearance that comes to life. Game is gorgeous. I guarantee at some point down the line there will be a 4k HD remaster of this game.

Tunic looks retarded and soldier armour is the best looking set in the game. We fashion Zelda now.

you say that but the cemu compatibility list says it runs, but cannot be completed due to glitches

It looks cool+is customizable

yeah but it has no bonus effect, which sucks

same with climbing gear too for some odd reason

Zelda remasters should be a given now

>If the best game of all time cannot score a perfect 10/10, that score is utterly useless, which means there's no reason to actually list it.
It's for future games. Do you think there was 10/10 in first year of videogames?

With the free DLC campaigns shovel knight becomes a 10

Climbing gear does have a bonus effect. Are you high

huh, I guess I didn't notice it

That is silly and outdated. My 120 shrine/4 divine beast/main quest completion normal and master mode saves say otherwise.

What are the chances of the DLC adding more enemy types

Yes.
Why not? There was the best game of its time. The best atari game is a 10/10 even if in the future a better game will have come out.
Keeping numbers "in reserve" is not only useless, it's also a waste of time. If you will only score something up to 9, your nine is fundamentally equivalent to a 10, because it is the max score.

all, right, I'll trust. If I run into a glithc that prevents me from finishing the game and waste 200 hours I'm gonna blame you

You won't. If you really care about the in-game photos with the camera or the save file thumbnails, wait for 1.9.1. It fixes this. It's the only real long-standing issue remaining.

I would say the chances are pretty high

The hopes and dreams of Zelda

I actually finished all the shrines, it's a nice experience if you do it in chunks

Guardians are really well designed, but why the fuck do they have no melee moves? Once you get close it's over for the poor robots

I'll take that as a no?

No, nothing is fixed except the game takes less time to become easy and there is a greater focus on stealth

Their AI should make them stay away from the player instead of scrambling close

the stalker ones like to move away when you get closer

There should really have been more types of guardians outside besides the flying ones and the large ones

the big ones technically are split into two

I do want submarine and underground type guardians though

Master mode's a let down and don't even try the master sword trials on that mode. Floor ten will make you kill yourself.

Black dyed Soldier Armor + Diamond Circlet is best combination