ITT pleb filters. I'll start:
>BotW's durability system

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QHlyJtgYcIA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

but the entire game is made with plebs/children/casuals in mind

It works but that is defo not a pleb filter

Good one, seriously. I feel the same way. Others include
>Playing Crysis at Delta difficulty and not crying about not having enough suit energy to use cloak
>Complaining about getting shot from nowhere in red orchestra 2
>Complaining that dark souls is too hard to be fun (I know this is Sup Forums but I hear it all the time in real life I shit you not)

Yeah its not like its a difficult mechanic

i never got the hate for it desu the disposabiliy of weapons complements the gameplay well

The divine beasts in BOTW are also pleb filters.

arpg combat

You can't just choose a flaw in your favourite game and add "pleb-filter" to it in attempt to get around the critism.
Durability systems mostly always suck and are very anti-fun

It does but don't tell that to retards they'll just get mad
You mean click shit like Diablo? That's just clunky and dated. It's like saying that playing doom without a mouse is a pleb filter

Any group of banditsalso apply.

this. durability system nearly ruined dead rising franchise for me.

Morrowind's dice roll combat

Doesnt dead rising also have extremely easy access to infinitely respawning weapons

pleb detected

NieR Automata Route B

>Durability being a decent thing in videogames

>I only got ending A in Nier automata

The worst kind of pleb.

Persona 5 Haru palace

I despise durability in every game I've played except BotW. They made it actually work imo.

Another pleb filter is BotW's music.
youtube.com/watch?v=QHlyJtgYcIA
>wtf it's just random beeps and boops where's my super generic orchestral arrangement

red orchestra 2 is entirely casual filter, the game is just hard

dark souls is faux-hard and is only difficult because of the fucking horrible combat system
like yeah it's hard to kill things when every attack takes about 5 seconds to pull off

>durability
>in anything outside of a brawler/beat em up

I was pretty mad when I heard about the durability system but it works pretty well.
Weapons drop like flies in the game anyway and you can use special moves to break your weapon and deal more damage when it's close to doing so anyway

I'd rather be a pleb than spending a third of my playing time in menus.

For early-game fights it's fun, but overall it destroys any sense of progression and leads to a lot of tedious menu navigation. It also negatively impacted the enemy design because most of them had to be humanoids who drop weapons, almost everything that's not a humanoid dies in one hit. Plus it reduced the satisfaction of getting the Master Sword. Also it led to a lot of crappy chest rewards. I could keep going but I'll stop.

>Gravity Rush is bad because its sony exclusive/a waifu game

I like to compare the durability system in BotW to ammo in survival horror games. Sometimes you find ammo for your shotgun and get to feel like a god for a while because you've got a really strong weapon that can wreck most enemies in a few hits, but then that ammo runs out. There might be some more of it hidden nearby or maybe you'll get some from an enemy drop and you'll get that feeling again but eventually it's gonna run out again.

The menu-navigation could've been a lot better, though.

>durability system is a pleb filter
if anything it's a patrician filter
anyone with good taste in video games will stop playing that trash as soon as they notice it

I probably would have tolerated BotW's durability system more if the game itself wasn't a boring trash heap. In a good game it would have just been a minor negative point. In a shitty game it's just another thing adding to the overall annoyance of playing it.

Only plebs defend it.
Only plebs defend the combat in general.

>Gravity Rush is good because it's exclusive and has a waifu

This.
Shit's fucked and only fanboys deny it.

>Playing this on my Vita right now
>Starts off seemingly a very easy game
>Mfw that flooding segment before you get to Qwark
It mostly is pretty casual for me but the game has moments where it cranks up suddenly and they're fantastic moments

>I know nothing about game design
>If I dont explicitly love something, just remove it from the game!
It's not like this is Dark Souls or Witcher where it's just kinda tacked on. Damn near everything about BOTW is designed with that durability system in mind. Without it the game becomes a fucking disaster and Korok seeds to hold your ever increasing, never decreasing inventory become the single rewarding thing to experience in the game.

How about no, you big fucking retard

Was about to say this

This.

A pleb filter has to be something that's actually difficult. BoTW's durability system is very easy to deal with it's just tedious as fuck and makes no sense when even Skyrim knew how to handle durability better.

I can't believe I live in a timeline where Todd outperformed Nintendo.

>A pleb filter has to be something that's actually difficult.
>Pleb filter=Casual filter
Pleb detected

The game is entirely built around that though, you're just awful.

So in all honesty, defending the durability system would make you a pleb as you're defending a mechanic that was done better in Skyrim simply because it's a Zelda title.

>a mechanic that was done better in Skyrim

>tedious
>the game throws more weapons at you than you can carry even after doubling your weapon capacity
>it takes less than a second to switch weapons after one breaks.
I only ran out of weapons once in the whole game and that's because I was an idiot who forgot to restock on arrows before a dungeon and needed to make ranged attacks to kill the boss

Did you chimp out when you saw the game had sports combat?
If so, I have some bad news for you.

Why does BoTW needs durability system then?

>I dislike what this user said so I will insult him
Durability is never properly done in videogames and all it does is add unnecessary difficulty as you would rather use your fists to kill someone instead of using The Super Sword Of Infinite Damage because there is either no way to repair it or the resources to repair it are extremely expensive to the point it would be easier to make a new one. God forbid if the item outright gets removed when the durability reaches 0
Fuck no, the only durability that existed in Skyrim was for the weapons with effects, and even then the resources are extremely plentiful. Said resources are literally every enemy in the game except dragons. There is also an enchantment that allows your weapon to literally recharge itself by slaying enemies. If you can't find that enchantment, learning soul trap does the same job. Just use it on your enemies before you kill them.

It was. Any game that has a durability mechanic must also have the means to fix the shit that's breaking, it's real basic shit that Nintendo couldn't do instead they just threw weapon after weapon at you to make up for it.

The issue there is when you get real cool shit/rare shit (like Ganondorfs Sword) you can't use it, it's too rare and will break, so you hang it up on the wall and return to using the lame ass weapons. Skyrim let you repair the best shit so you always had the weapons you liked most with you and I'm amazed Nintendo couldn't do something so simple.

What the fuck is this

Because they couldn't balance weapons and their damage correctly. Their defense is that:

>You'd only use the strongest weapons you found if they wouldn't break, then you'd complain the game is too easy.

The entire game is designed around it you fucking simpleton.
>Quest rewards
>The very act of throwing weapons
>Dungeon layouts
>A good half of the games sense of progression
>90% of the rewards you get from exploration
Literally the game was designed with the durability system in mind. So much of the game is leaning on the durability systems

Youd have to take out so much of the open world design of the game.
>Sneak into Hyrule Castle once
>Get a 72 damage greatsword and the entire game is broken and stupidly easily for your entire playthrough
The durability system allows for a lot of what is fun about this game to happen.
Like how can you dense fucks not understand that durability is a cog in a machine and the machine fucking breaks with that cog missing? You're talking about redesigning BOTW entirely if you wanted to remove the durability systems. Just pulling durability out will objectively make the game worse.

If the single change you make to BOTW is removing the durability all you've done is broke the game. People who just cut and dry want "DELET DURABILITY" are literal lowest common denominator mouthbreathers

I still haven't beaten the flood part where you surf down ever since I got that game when it came out. I just stopped playing out of frustration. I haven't picked it up in like 15 years. damn I was 12 then. I wonder if I could beat it now

R&C is a good game you should give it another stab

I fucking bought the game, the game doesn't get to be a faggot and tell me my weapons are artificially broken because LOL MUH DIFFICULTY. Dead Rising was also overrated garbage because of that shit, also the time limit.

Dark Souls series multi-boss encounters.

>muh artificial difficulty

Na, bois. That's real difficulty.

Git fucken gud, cunt.

you can I picked it up 3 years ago after dumping it several years prior to that and I beat it. Wasn't easy but I did it

Exactly, there are people on Sup Forums who can't even handle a game literally made for children.

Options. That is what you're too pleb to understand.

Yes you'd break the game if you went to Hyrule castle first but who the fuck is going to survive that gauntlet of guardians with a Link in nothing but a shirt and pants? and if they survived it at such a low level then the reward of a powerful weapon would make the challenge worth while no?
As for your other complaints regarding quest rewards and exploration, instead of random weapons that break after 4 hits you find pieces of weapons instead or some shit. Rare blades, magical hilts, far more rewarding than a fucking Boko club.

You're literally sitting there and defending a mechanic that's frequently complained about BECAUSE it's a Zelda title. If it was any other game I bet you'd be bitching like the rest of us you fucking tool.

Its good because its fun, retard

Dragons dogma is doing fine without durability system that make weapon easy to break tho'. I'd rather have a unique weapon style or something rather than make the weapon easily breaks

Also what about ? It seems logical that the durability system is the balancer for the weapons in BoTW

I fucking loved it in dead rising

Later on the durability doesn't matter at all but early on it makes the weapons more special and it makes finding and using a good weapon more exciting and fun.

>Not giving yourself max durability using the botwtrainer

Eh I prefered DR2 in that regard. Just make a bunch of boxing glove knives and go to town on everything.

The durability system in BotW is there to balance the weapons, but in practice many players (like myself) hoard all the powerful shit for bosses that were too easy for them anyway. My issue with the game stems more from the combat in general along with the enemy difficulty.

People comparing this to Dead Rising is fucking idiotic. That game had actually challenging enemies and a completely seamless item system.

>Yes you'd break the game if you went to Hyrule castle first but who the fuck is going to survive that gauntlet of guardians with a Link in nothing but a shirt and pants?
Lots of people who do exactly that as there literal first move in a BOTW playthrough. BOTW isn't hard and neither is getting into hyrule castle as a 3 heart 1 stamina wheel link
>As for your other complaints regarding quest rewards and exploration, instead of random weapons that break after 4 hits you find pieces of weapons instead or some shit. Rare blades, magical hilts, far more rewarding than a fucking Boko club.
Well thats a fucking fine and dandy idea but it doesn't magically manifest in the game when Nintendo removes durability. You're also practically just asking for a different game at this point.

>Im just gonna ASSUME no players are gonna abuse this
Congrats dude. You fundamentally don't understand game design. It's like rule #1 that all players will naturally go for the most optimal route they see. BOTWs durability system is so good because it turns that law on it's head and makes it so that no route is the most optimal for the player.
>You're literally sitting there and defending a mechanic that's frequently complained about BECAUSE it's a Zelda title.
No I'm arguing it was done well this time you fucking imbecile.

I bet you think the time limit in Dead Rising was a bad idea you fucking peasant.

I only listed a few examples of ways no durability breaks the game. Really the core of BOTW fucking

BOTW has challenging enemies and groups of enemies in the beginning. After you get more hearts and food it becomes super easy but that is like most games with character progression. By the end of the Gothic games you become an untouchable god man but people praise those games all the time.

>Really the core of BOTW fucking relies on durability, and anybody asking to have it removed is asking for a different video game

Fucking anyone. Shield parrying is easy as shit and can be done with any shield.

That being said, why wouldn't you go to hyrule castle and grab all the good weapons, it's fucking fun.

But you can extend the durability of the weapons with magazine, and as you restart and having higher level, weapon durability is no more a problem since you pretty much steam roll the enemies with anything

Timer in any game

Are people here still buttblasted over the weapon durability system? The reason why you hate it is the exact reason why it's so genius. It gives you a reason to not just always use your best weapons. This gives weight to the decision when you do fight an enemy who is worthy of your best weapons. And consequences for your decisions. I honestly wish more games had a weapon durability system like Breath of the Wild's.

>I bet you think the time limit in Dead Rising was a bad idea you fucking peasant.
This is the true pleb filter. The Dead Rising time limit was what made the game amazing.

So you agree the weapon durability IS the way of the game for balancing weapons in BoTW

It would have been fine if you didn't have to go menu diving every two seconds.

What? Of course it is.

This is true. the only problem with the system is after you get the master sword you can pretty much use that all the time and save a bunch of high damage weapons for damage sponges like silver moblins and lynels making the whole system pretty pointless. That only happens after hours of gameplay though so it isnt really a big issue.

because swinging your sword into a goblin's face so hard it shatters is fucking badass
durability is only shit in games that don't have an animated for the weapon shattering

This is the Octoball Derby. An Octorock will shoot 30 balls at you and you need to hit them back with a timely press of the A button. You need to hit the pots on the screen. Normal pots are 1 Rupee, golden ones are 5. If you can hit three pots in a row, a crow will fly by, and hitting that will net you 20 Rupees. The reason why it's notable is that there's a Heart Container if you beat it with 100+ points. Which is incredibly hard to do. It just happens to be the only thing I have left to do in the game, and I cannot do it for the life of me.

>I never played long enough to get metal weapons
Almost everything besides boko shit lasts a long time. Weapons with increased durabilty last a very long time.

No, it's not the way to balance weapons, stop being retarded. Some weapons are better than others, objectively.

Yeah. And I think that's fine. It was fun for a long time until I got the Master Sword and beat Ganon and then the game kind of becomes free-form. After that I decided to fill out my Compendium and 100%ing all the shrines and it would have been a pain in the ass to have to deal with weapon durability for that.

every unique weapon can be repaired by a corresponding npc, and you can do a sidequest to unlock an npc who can repair any broken unique weapon

Not them, but you're absolutely right. Shield parry is easy as shit. So is flurry rush. So are all the enemies and bosses in general. The only way BotW knew how to make anything more difficult was to turn them into damage sponges that hit harder. They were still insanely easy to cheese. It wouldn't have mattered one bit if someone ran into Hyrule Castle, found the best weapon, and waltzed out. The only thing that would have changed is it would've made the combat a little more bearable and less tedious.

As it stands, the combat is BotW is shit.

And because some weapons are better than others you don't end up wasting those weapons on trash bokoblin fights because of durability.

Durability is the only thing keeping people from running around and two shotting lizal and bokoblins the entire game. How can you honestly be this stupid?

Yeah but that's not balancing the weapons. That's giving weight to your decision about when to use them. A really good weapon is always going to be really good. The durability system just gives you a reason why you shouldn't always use your best weapons.

>Cheeses the game
>Wow this combat sure is bad!

Making all the weapons useful IS weapon balance you absolute fucking retard.

Just finished reading Roadsie Picnic, never really played much of STALKER, what happens if you pass between the trucks?

I am genuinely confused by how most complaints regarding BotW seem to imply the complainer did maybe one sacred beast at most, near zero sidequests, and spent all their time just going from one shrine to the next with nothing to break it up

who the hell plays games that way?

The autism generation.

The problem is that you become a good halfway through the game unless you've already played it once and intentionally gimp yourself

>wail away on some meaningless, shit enemy for entirely too long, for no reason
>break weapon
>get shit drops
Wow this combat sure is bad!

>doing anything other than mashing the attack button
>cheesing

Hyrule Castle is designed with non-combat paths in mind so people can sneak around it.

You're STILL asking for them to make a completely different game.

*whale away

>He hasn't gotten the Master Sword and still complains about weapon durability

Nothing happens if you pass between them, it's just that that spot is were you end up fighting a bunch of bandits to save a loner stalker. It happens early on in the game so your only weapons during it will probably be a pistol and a sawwed off shotgun, making the area a spot were a lot of bad players unfamiliar with STALKER get stuck.