How do you feel about Nintendo locking the hardest mode behind a shitty toy?

How do you feel about Nintendo locking the hardest mode behind a shitty toy?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/06/26/nintendo-will-support-the-3ds-into-2018-and-beyond/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not as irritated as seeing threads about people trying to make me feel bad for locking DLC behind toys you can place on your shelf.

I won't even play hard mode, I just want the happy meal toys

Not happy, as usual.

They wouldn't do it if people weren't retarded enough to buy it.

Not even a "it's okay when Nintendo does it" argument, it is legitimately the fault of the consumer that this shit exists.

This

I think it's stupid, but aren't there NFC cards that can be programmed to spoof different amiibos, and if so how long do you think until it'd be possible to spoof these?

Amiibo is such a disgusting concept. Day 1 DLC is already bad enough, they somehow made it even worse by turning it into limited physical day 1 DLC. Sad part is that people would still buy the figurines even if they didn't do anything. Nintendo is fucking over its games for no good reason. An awful mix of retarded and greedy.

I actually rather have amiibos that regular DLC. The problem are not amiibos, the problem is DLC althogether, but at least with nintendo, you can buy DLC and get a physical happy mealtoy all in one, and it sometimes does something in another game, so its not a 1 time thing like every other DLC.
Granted, i would rather there would be no locked content, but as far as DLC goes, i rather have an amiibo in my shelf than some data on a game that i wont play ever again after some time, and with amiibo i get both.

The problem is that amiibos are difficult to find and sometimes they are overpriced as heck

In my country, the metroid amiibo pack is $50, almost the price of a full game

Yeah, but this is another problem with that. Physical scarcity means you might literally run out of DLC, on top of the fact that 15 bucks for what an amiibo gets you is really extreme. If it was just the DLC and not the amiibo they could probably justify charging 5 dollars for it. The 30+ price tag is only justified if you also want the figurine, and in this case the OTHER figurine that comes with it. If your goal was JUST get the DLC, you're paying a ton of extra money for things you don't want and might not even get to use in other games - and even if they did add some DLC for the M:SR amiibos in another game, you also have to hope you own the game for that too.

Don't care. Buying the amiibo even though I have an original 3ds and can't even use them anyway.

bad!
Meh, I can just pirate it whenever I get r4.

You know they make an adapter for old 3ds models to use amiibos.

It's really easy. I'm not sure how it works but I remember they had some Zelda ones ready before they released. You can buy nice designs of them on sites like Etsy too.

Sure

You only have to pay $40 for the adapter + tip

I don't even have a N3DS, but I'm kind of tempted to get that Metroid amiibo to go alongside my Figma Samus that's coming in.

honestly depends on what the hard mode includes. if it just increases damage taken and lowers your health, then I don't give a shit. if it includes new bosses, items, AI, etc. then I'll be steamed about it. but then I'll just pirate the amiibos so whatever

>+ tip
It sure must suck being an Amerilard.

this is why I've been thinking of upgrading to the new 2ds xl from my original 3ds.
>amiibo support
>larger screens
>second joystick
plus the thing is only $150. only reason I haven't gotten it already is because I'm worried this is the last year the 3ds will get support so what would be the point in buying it now? might wait a little longer to see if it drops a bit more during holidays

3DS is confirmed to get heavy support in 2018

Even the fucking Vita is getting games

I just want a Samus amiibo in a pose that actually makes sense. Not whatever Smash Samus is supposed to be doing.

source? as far as I know. 3ds is only getting stories, samus returns, and that new kirby game this year. (plus some literally who jrpgs) haven't heard anything about 2018 for the 3ds

forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/06/26/nintendo-will-support-the-3ds-into-2018-and-beyond/

Most of Nintendo revenue comes from 3DS

They aren't abandoning any time soon

>day one dlc
>minor dlc but still costs minimum 13$ per piece behind each amiibo
>have to physically use a toy to activate that dlc which just needs to be sitting in a drawer somewhere forever to use it the next time you go through the game
>sometimes you cant get one of those toys
>maybe theyre on ebay for 55 bucks
>nintendo fans bought every amiibo before they had a single function and defend every cancerous thing nintendo does since it justifies their autistic purchase

I'll get the game for free I guess.

>before they had a single function
Didn't they have a function when they came out in Smash Bros?

I like that toy, so i feel an urge to buy it.

any amiibo had a measly function to record some single player data

people were buying multiple sets each because they felt like they were supposed to

DLC is inherently a disgusting concept and having it physically take up space in my home is even worse.

Apathetic, I won't defend Nintendo for it but then again I can just write the amiibo data onto NFC tags anyway.

so basically an interview snippet from reggie saying "please buy the 2ds xl"

that's not proof of anything. They probably will continue to support the 3ds family but I'm wondering if it'll actually be big name games that matter like kirby and metroid. and if they'll just abandon it if the switch continues beating expectations

My only problem with Aminos is they're criminally under used by Nintendo. I hate how they don't really do anything in other games.
I'll use BOTW as an example: I would love if Aminos that weren't Zelda related actually did something that was close to how Mario Kart 8 does Amiibos but even better. I would love if I scanned in my Shulk Amiibo that I'd get a Shulk costume or I'd get to use the Monado. Same goes for any Fire Emblem Amiibo. Just imagine playing Zelda with a Robin, Corrin or Ike outfit.

They could even do this with other games like scan a link Amiibo to use Link as a unit in Fire Emblem or use Samus as a Unit. They could even do the Wolf Link amino route with Characters like Pickachu or Donkey Kong in BOTW

They won't abandon it

3DS is getting a mainline pokemon game this holidays, obviously it will keep getting support