It's out. Who got it?

It's out. Who got it?
Yakuza 0 is a fucking phenomenal game. Really fucking excited for this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/awdRhHOmPAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In what world is today Tuesday?

Getting hype

>It's out.

not until tomorrow user. Some might get a early copy and stores might break street date but it's not officially out until tomorrow.

I did and so my friends. Not a single reseller gave a shit about not breaking the date.

Going to pick up my steelbook tomorrow

Well that's interesting. Guess I was one of the lucky early ones.

Got my copy today but my backlog is massive and I probably won't be touching the game until 2018 between my backlog and work.

you're lucky. Most moms and pops store don't give a fuck about street date as long as they can get another sale.

Still haven't finished 0.
Maybe next month.

I fucking love steelbooks, truly the best collectibles of this generation.

Yeah same here, they're cool as fuck but removing the disk in them can be a pain though

You don't want to betray /ourguy/, do you user? Avoid Kiwami like the plague and go play the original games again.

If you're gonna shitpost at least do it with tgb and not some literal who

This, and the fact that I'm going back to school. Will I ever touch this game?

I don't think I need to play it because I've already played the original Yakuza 1.

Looking forward to 6 even though it supposedly isn't that great.

>I'm going back to school

What do you prefer? A low grade figure that's going to take the dust? a fucking pins? a cheap pamphlet they'll call "artbook"? a cd with 10 tracks from the games you'll never listen anyway?

Let's face it, steelbooks are all you need, they have beautiful artworks, have a sturdy premium feel, no useless informational text, they don't take space, and they are actually useful.

>I'm going back to school
Don't forget your lunchbox, user!

Been playing it most of the day, it's phenomenal. Seems better than Zero if you can believe it. And I really like Majima Everywhere, it's a fun system.

>got the game 2 weeks ago
>already completed it twice
>now going for the from scratch 100% run on highest difficulty

I love these games to much

A regular fucking cover and maybe an art book.
Steelbooks are fucking shit. They look out of place next to the other games, scratch easily and it's only a matter of time beofre they start to deteriorate.

literally who

the world of tomorrow

>tfw only P5 steelbook available at launch
>not only sticks out like a sore thumb in the middle of all my other games but also pushes them with that shit plastic case thing
>tfw always forget about that crap and it slides down the fucking plastic into the floor when I grab it

dont forget to watch the movie too

Texas fag here, hurricane has caused all businesses to close. I have to wait for it to go away and the shops to reopen before I can get my copy

I've been playing it most of the day. It's really good, I think I'm liking it more than Zero so far. Majima Everywhere is a fun system or it seems so for now. I can see it getting tiring in the long run.

I got it today, it's fun so far like every Yakuza game, also nice to see how they expanded some cutscenes.
I don't expect a masterpiece, but it's also just 30 bucks.
It's just nice to play a "new" Yakuza game again

> I'm going back to school.

Could be college.

I'm playing Yakuza 0 right now but all I seem to do is this real estate royale stuff. Not done any main missions for about 5 fuckin hours now

My brain literally shut down when they started rambling about that shit and I never touched it after.

It's at least better than that retarded dress up game.

DONATE SO I CAN BUY MORE SABER FIGURES

I'm 27 and just started college.

Just drop the series if you can't even get through that

Different user but what's the problem here, it sounds like he is either a college student or is taking a break from college. I'm between degrees and am working but will one day go back to school on the MS and PhD levels.
Or are video games not meant for people younger than 30?

Yeah real estate was better and made earning money faster than the cabaret which felt too long and boring

You're probably the only person on this planet who thinks that.

I bought this shit and it's literally just a shittier version of 0 rehashed out with no effort or changes. What the fuck is this? How do you go from GOAT breath of fresh air to rehash so quickly?

I'm not complaining, I just mean I've been doing it so much because of the amount of money you get is crazy

Will they remake Yakuza 2 too? I'd honestly for that than to pay the insane amounts of money they are going for.

Seibah is shit, mate.

They were obviously thinking that he was an underage high schooler, you dingus.

>if you don't like this optional thing just don't play the games ever
>DUDE I HAVE OVER 1K ON PATREION MONEY AND HAVE YET TO START ON ANY OF MY GOALS

It's $25...

>drop the series if you can't force yourself through some shit optional side-quest

>it's only a matter of time beofre they start to deteriorate.
This. My RE4 and Final Fantasy XII steelbooks that I bought years ago are rusted as shit.

Master's degree, right?

I am but it just felt more fun, no idea why. Maybe it's just that I was never a fan of dress up games and I've usually always ignored all the hostess things in all the Yakuza games. I beat the first club and then I just gave up on the minigame, it took too long.

youtu.be/awdRhHOmPAk

Where were you last weekend? Kiwami 2 was announced a few days ago along with Yakuza Online and a Fist of the North Star collaboration.

>You can unlock Majima's heat moves as Kiryu
Kazama's Mad Dog.

>a remake of a decade old game that is inferior to the original
>yakuza 0 was a 2015 title
>persona 5 came out in 2016
Tell me again how your PS4 is anything but a bloodborne machine? You cucks shill irrelevant trash nonstop and its getting sad

>spetember
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not here apparently. Looks neat.

Decided I was done being a wageslave, actually.

Not even 2 hours left bros!

Its painful living in the middle of rural Kanuckistan

Y5 gets localized after constant years of begging. Y0 and Kiwami comes pretty fast in comparison

>is inferior to the original
Only the craziest idiots would seriously believe that.

I wish Yakuza 5 wasn't so expensive on PSN. As a physical fag, I don't like paying more than $20 for a digital only game.

I wonder what he was thinking when haruka got knocked up by some random chink two bit criminal

Reminder that you should play the original PS2 games but also play the remakes and support the series. Don't be HyperBitHero. Don't be a dumb 0fag.

I started with 3, then went 4->5->0, and now I'll play Kiwami 1 and 2 without ever touching the PS2 games, and you can't stop me.

Your loss. I hope you at least watched the flashbacks in Y3 when you started.

>STOOOP you're not experiencing things how i want you to be REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Just joking have maximum fun user, fuck the elitists

B E T R A Y A L

Lmao hope you enjoyed those ancient games.
I'm waiting for Yakuza 6 and Kiwami 2 since it's actually a PS4 game and not shitty aged like milk PS3 games.

But user, when I played 3 the PS4 wasn't out...

I don't get the appeal of these games unless you understand japanese culture. The whacky side missions take away any seriousness of the drama that's supposed to be taking part in the background. Which is a problem, due to the fact that the storyline takes a back seat to side stories. I don't get the appeal and if I was a reviewer I'd probably shit on this series.

>wanting people to play a series you love in a way that lets them best appreciate it's gameplay and plot is elitism

So? I heard on youtube Yakuza 3 is shit and has cut content, glad I just discovered the series now and will happily play the superior title that is Yakuza 6, they will surely localize Kiwami 2 too.
It's a shame you needed to slog through those unrefined PS3 games, they don't even run at full 720p lmao.

Giving people advice on the best way to play something and straight up shitting on remakes because "they're differents from muh personal experience, you have to play the shittier version because i said so" are 2 different things user

I really need to finish 0, but I don't think I'm even halfway through. Spent like 10 hours finishing Majima's hostess club side plot and I know I won't be able to convince myself not to finish the real estate shit when I switch back to Kiryu.

>inferior
Only 2 still holds up as a great game, 1 is pretty painful to play these days.

That is the appeal though. The silly substories make for an amusing contrast against the serious (or at least it takes itself seriously) crime-drama main plot.
>Which is a problem, due to the fact that the storyline takes a back seat to side stories.
No? That's only if you decide to let it happen. You can progress however you want. Occasionally, you do a minigame as part of the main story or as a tutorial but otherwise you can just rush the plot if you want.

I'm not shitting on the remakes though
This is also me I just want people to enjoy the ENTIRE series, in release order. There's so much to love about these games and I don't understand why people skip around like this.

steelsbooks are aids
stop buying them

Just get a ADN (Associate's degree in Nursing). Only two years and you're officially a nurse. Starting pay is 69k per year (plus benefits). Work 3 days 12 hour shifts and off 4 days per week. The best decision I ever made.

>There's so much to love about these games and I don't understand why people skip around like this.
Maybe because in 2017 people don't want to play a ps2 game when a remake that doesn't have archaic controls and graphics is available

>current year
>games aging argument
Fuck off, (You). I don't know why I bother. These threads are beyond repair.

i didn't preorder until they announced a regular case version.

no

Oh i see you have no arguments, great.

I don't think that anyone wants to play Yakuza games for graphics since it they were always shitty, especially nowadays.
Also the gameplay is pretty much the same, after literary 10 years they just added 3 more fighting styles, it's not such a major step up in terms of gameplay and control.

>There's so much to love about these games and I don't understand why people skip around like this.
Because playing the originals means you must either
>Have a PS2 and copy of both 1 and 2
>Which only got re-releases in the US so the rest of the world is still shit out of luck in getting 1 or especially 2
Or
>Have a PC that's good enough to emulate the games

Stop trying to just go "Play them in order" when the means to do so aren't so straightforward as you're trying to make it out to be.

What the fuck, Yakuza 5 is digital only? That bums me out.

Don't take the dumb puristfags seriously, nobody seriously misses Y1. Y2 is a more sensitive matter , though.

Yeah, forcing your dumb and very questionable idea of of "best" is pure wannabe elitism.
Hint: people who like PS2 games and don't mind dated gameplays would start from the original without your posts.

This, perfectly said. What those guys do is worshipping their personal experience and trying to force it on other people because it's "the best".
That "best" obviously means ignoring all the flawed of the original game and how dated it is.

>I'm not shitting on the remakes though
Nobody said that you do. Yeah, there are people with worse mindset than yours, doesn't mean that your mindset isn't questionable.

See, you completely lack any objectivity, yet you try to force your idea of "best".

Remakes (and sequels to games in general really) are sweeter when you get to see how it improved over the original, first hand.
Don't try and fucking tell me that argument against starting with the PS2 games in these threads has been a matter of scarcity/shit PC, It's almost ALWAYS children like bitching about controls or graphix. And for the record, you don't need a beefy PC to emulate them.

mine comes in tomorrow. I did an unusually low amount of research before buying this one and I've never played Yakuza before. I thought they looked pretty alright from what I've seen though so whatever.

Hope you enjoy it user, it's a great series

Playing a series from the first game that released to the most recent is a "questionable" idea?

Yup, I don't miss those shitty PS2 games.
After all, I have the perfect PS3 HD collection so I don't have to play those aged like milk PS2 games ever again :)

Should I start telling people to play the original RE1 over REMake?

Got the steelbook edtion through prime for $25. Now for the wait.

>playable Majima again in Kiwami 2, apparantly
I like the guy and all but come on, he doesn't even have that major a role in this one's story. Ryuji should be playable in this. Hell even thuggish Daigo or Kaoru with a Tanimura-like moveset would be fine, it's something different atleast.

STUPID OLD FUCK

Hello, HyperBitHero.

>Should I start telling people to play the original RE1 over REMake?
>over
Don't try to imply I'm saying something I'm not. Again, I think people should play the original and the remake.

In the case of RE, I think REmake is especially more fun to play after playing RE1 because it subverts your expectations with the introduction of Crimson Heads.