Why doesn't Nintendo have an Achievements/Trophies system?

Why doesn't Nintendo have an Achievements/Trophies system?

There's literally no reason not to have something like that. For people who don't like it, they can just turn it off.

>Sup Forums suddenly loves cheevos
Where did it all go wrong?

They're afraid it might trigger autistic little kids.

I hate achievements and I'm glad that Nintendo hasn't fallen for this stupid meme yet.

this

there's literally nothing wrong with having more options

There literally is since implementing them takes money and time away from more important things.

dear god no

What option does adding nothing to games add?

Like wasting time making an app for voice chat instead of building it into the console?

Yet its okay if they fall for the paid online meme

Are you implying voice chat isn't important?

Why do people want useless trinkets like achievements anyway?

>Achievement unlocked: Scrooge McDuck
>Condition: Collect 3 coins

Is there any game where you could actually turn off achievements? And I don't mean just disabling the pop up.

Nintendo wants the games themselves to be seen as the most important reason to play, not a superfluous checklist for the purposes of e-peening.

What part of "building it into the console" implies that?

Same reason people want manuals.

Why does that matter? If the notifications are off it functionally doesn't exist for you as a player unless you go in looking for the achievements. Why would you do that if you are going to be triggered by them?

Millenials want constant back-petting just for doing the most basic shit.

What part of I didn't say that implies that

Because OP's premise was that if it bothered someone they could just turn it off. Which also would mean alerting the player to achievements existing, by the way.

This. Want an achievement? Beat the fucking game.

>it's not okay to have achievements for players that like to strive for them
>but it is okay to have voice chat that you need a smart phone app to use

fuck off. trophies are for shills who hate games and just want to participate.

who cares

Talking to your friends is something to strive for. Nintendo wants to make you work for it. This will give you an empty sense of achievement, like getting virtual trophies.

Yeah I understand that, I don't really play much console but isn't turning the notifications off (which judging by the post I was replying too you can in some games) the same as being able to disable achievements?

except it takes effort to implement that's better spent elsewhere.

Are you implying it is?

You can check your recently played against players and see their activity log that's better than achievements

You can talk to your friends on your phone, if Nintendo were smart they would consider tha- oh wait

Are you implying I'm implying?

>having more options
I've never seen the "turn off achievements option"

That being said, only flaming faggots like achievements

Splatoon doesn't even support voice chat, so

The do a nuzlocke run
A no-upgrades run
A run with the weakest weapon only
An all skitty run
A speed-run
You know what's hard to do, you don't need the game to tell you

but how will I tell my friends online that I did?

This, and I'm glad Nintendo has yet to add them to their systems.

Also, their QA team is exceptionally thorough and having to check achievements takes a lot of time away from bug testing

tell them on twitter and facebook. that's what i do.

Tell them to their face, then upload a video if they don't believe you

If they want to include achievements to be it. But don't make this a way to promote online gameplay subscriptions.

(((twitter and facebook)))

Better slice your neck for caring so much about it

I wish Nintendo had fallen for the cheevos meme instead of the the paid online meme and the toys-to-life meme.

fafa