Is it really the only truly great cyberpunk video game?

Is it really the only truly great cyberpunk video game?

the Shadowrun games are pretty good

Almost 20 years old now

Yes

I played the one on the SNES and disliked how small the world is, dropped it relatively soon after I got that bomb on me because of going to that one doctor in the town for healing.

yes.

Unreal

There's a few others. EYE and Uplink for example. But, only a few. Cyberpunk is usually butchered by neon-obsessed retards.

>Try playing this game
>The tutorial is useless, doesn't explain anything
>Finally after an uneventful cutscene you find yourself on liberty island talking a to a character that you are supposed to know I guess?
>Move up to the first enemy
>Crosshair is the size of Texas
>Fire two shots into him
>he doesn't die, but I do in one
>"augmented"
>Stealth around the island and the game becomes piss easy
>Make my way up the tower and into the main room
>There is a turret above me
>Can't hack it
>Can't destroy it
>Try to run past it and instantly die
>Find out the game has no autosave
>quit
This game is ass, human revolution improved it in every way.

came here to post this

>This game is ass
no, you are just literally retarded

Deus Ex isn't really even cyberpunk, it doesn't give off these vibes, even in a place like Hong Kong where you'd expect it to be most visible. It does have cyberpunk ELEMENTS, but as a whole they're spliced into so much Matrix, early 2000s and "muh conspiracies" that it doesn't even register.

It's still amazing though.

I hope this is bait.

>find out game has no autosave

Do you wanna know how I know you are either baiting or underage?

How can you think he's not baiting.

I mean, rampant corporate influence on the government is cyberpunk as all fuck as is the Helios Ending, which is quite literally JCDenton merging with Project 2501.

The general player population is retarded beyond redemption, so I can believe someone unironically thinks what he wrote. Pic releated.

Eh, it's less about corporations (which, in a typical cyberpunk setting, are more of a standalone thing) and more about a shadow elite owning these corporations and using the funds to fuck over the public. In DX it just gets doubly bad because Page is a massive fucking asshole.

Helios and JC merging I can agree on, but it didn't have to be influenced by Ghost in the Shell, there's plenty of sci-fi shit on the matter.

Perfect Dark is better.

Just fucking admit it, it was pretty good

How does it feel to be twelve? And trigger random anons who actually can play games?

It was GOTY but still profoundly flawed.

I saw a reddit cap awhile back that said something similar; someone got to the main turret and gave up, they went on to praise human revolution. This would be believable, if not so heavy handed.

Reddit has bait too. And Sup Forums has fallen for it many times before.

>press button for your ending movie
jesus, even Deus Ex endings are shit but this was just insulting.
also I missed the conspiracy grounded in real world. the DX 1 team really put effort into researching conspiracy theories, thats why it is so damn well relateable because more and more of it seems true, but DXHR just had this stupid augmented/human purist bullshit with some SJW crap in it.
It was a good game, meaybe even a good DX but it couldnt hold a candle to the original, it felt so underwhelming.

I watched my dad play this, good shit.

The only thing that it objectively has over the original is the visuals. And maybe overall polish in terms of voice acting and shit. But gameplay (and let's not kid ourselves - plot) wise it doesn't do anything better than DX with GMDX installed.

MD was also just more of the same and while it improves the core design of the HR gameplay and had some pretty brilliant levels, it also fucked up by not giving you more than one hub (a Deus Ex game without an asian hub, are you fucking serious?), the plot being terrible and overall short, and using the whole "mechanical apartheid" shit just killed the whole "cool" aspect that HR had.

Also, MD is also one of these games which are optimized like utter dogshit so on top of everything it runs bad and has absurdly long loading times. Both games are a mixed bag and probably better than we deserved though, when it comes to a modern reboot. Just look at Thiaf.

>still no GOG release
fuck

UNATCO?

>and more about a shadow elite owning these corporations and using the funds to fuck over the public

This is definitive cyberpunk theming. Along with themes of transhumanism. Deus Ex is 100% undeniably cyberpunk

>>Stealth around the island and the game becomes piss easy
>>Try to run past it and instantly die
so it was easy to stealth until you actually had to stealth
nice bait my negger

still can't get it to work properly, some NPCs are invisible

Consider suicide.

Nigga Deus Ex is about as cyberpunk as it gets.

I have to admit that even if it is a 10/10 game, it aged like shit.