nyaa.si/view/879993
nyaa.si/view/904978
nyaa.si/view/884962
youtube.com/watch?v=6t2YfpyMmzk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Best part of the trailer.
HnK>Jojo

dozo

i dont remember the anime being this silly, cheesy yes, but not straight up goofy

ˢʰᵃᵏᵏᵃˢʰᵃᵏᵏᵃˢʰᵃᵏᵏᵃˢʰᵃᵏᵏᵃˢʰᵃᵏᵏᵃˢʰᵃᵏᵏᵃˢʰᵃᵏᵏᵃˢʰᵃᵏᵏᵃˢʰᵃᵏᵏᵃˢʰᵃᵏᵏᵃˢʰᵃᵏᵏᵃˢʰᵃᵏᵏᵃˢʰᵃᵏᵏᵃˢʰᵃᵏᵏᵃˢʰᵃᵏᵏᵃˢʰᵃᵏᵏᵃˢʰᵃᵏᵏᵃ

Pretty gud

I've started reading the manga and it definitely has some silly sound effects and Kenshiro saying things like this out loud when he does all kinds of stuff.
Even if this is more silly I do understand the need to embellish to make the game compelling.
Like how it looks like Kenshiro fights hundreds of enemies off at once despite the manga topping out at like 10 active assailants.

It had humorous moments, but was mostly serious.

>Like how it looks like Kenshiro fights hundreds of enemies off at once despite the manga topping out at like 10 active assailants.
I mean. It's not like Kenshiro couldn't fight a whole bunch of people at once due to the very nature of his fighting style. But yeah I get what you're saying.

but are traps gay?
that is the question

>profile picture

"bawww why can't I fool straight guys!"

I only watched the HnK movie. How bad did I fucked up and should I remedy this before the game?
Because I can't fucking wait

The tv show is better than the movie.
The weird censorship and stupid ending kind of kill the movie for me.

Strange I don't remember much censorship.
Should I just watch the tv show?

Fucking Taizan style

You didn't notice all the goofy rainbow colored filters on certain gore scenes? Go look up the Hnk movie censorship. It's a pretty well known anime fuck up.

I just watched a comparison; I definitely watched it uncensored somehow.

You watched a butchered version of the story that turns 10 volumes of manga or so (~45 anime episodes, 20 minutes each) into 1.5h bumrushed piece of garbage.
Kill yourself.

Now to remedy your fuckup, pasta:

Anime for first time, yes there is a bit of filler but only at the beginning, and half of it is actually much needed character development that manga didn't have at the beginning since it was written as a one-shot due to not expecting success.
Furthermore it rotates some early events chronology to make better sense than in the manga.
And most importantly, while artwork obviously isn't anywhere near as good as manga, the voice acting, music and direction are absolutely top of the line 10/10 material.
Watch anime, you won't regret it, here's highest quality you can get for the anime:
Hokuto no Ken 1: nyaa.si/?f=0&c=0_0&q=fist north star x264 ac3
Hokuto no Ken 2: nyaa.pantsu.cat/view/923302
Manga: nyaa.si/view/879993

The anime adapts entirety of the manga up to chapter 210 (beginning of Volume 24), after you're done with anime you can either read manga from the beginning but mind you that the scans are mostly terrible and very rough translation, especially in the middle, or you can read the manga from Volume 24 to the end which is the portion that the anime didn't adapt.

After that you can read the (non-canon) spinoffs (also included in the manga torrent) and watch the anime adaptation of the only one of the manga spinoffs that wasn't translated, you can get it here:
nyaa.si/view/904978

After that you can watch the movies, the original 1986 movie which is basically a huge advertisement for the anime, as well as the late 00s 25th anniversary movie pentalogy that serves as abridged versions of the bigger arcs of the series with new OC donut steel material thrown in, you can get them here:
nyaa.si/view/884962

also, avoid anyone saying it has tons of filler. trust me on this

or maybe some of us are just straight

This. Seriously. Watch the filler. It's entertaining in it's own right. Which is rare as hell to say about filler.

My post already debunks the filler claim.
Like I said, almost literally all the filler is only in the very first arc (Shin arc) and half of that is character development the manga never had due to being planned as a one-shot at the time due to not expecting to take off, second half is silly but harmless stuff, and some of the filler like the WW2 Nazi warehouse is legit awesome.
After that there's no filler at all, only recap episodes every once in a while.

I think that's just the Yakuza team saying "We're not losing our identity just because we're adapting a different IP"

God if anything I wish it had more filler. Instead it just fucking stretches the source material forever.

It's 200 chapters of material in ~150 episodes. That's almost One Piece anime pacing.

Fantastic user, thanks a lot. I'll go kill myself and crack this up

Not properly watching HnK was always something I had regret for.
Sure I won't skip anything too (who would do that)

DOZO

Hey

Hey Ken-oh

ur a faget

The movie is a really big disappointment. It looks great but the fight at the end is fucking stupid.

You can't. The uncensored versions have been lost long ago.

>It looks great but ... is fucking stupid.
This is basically my opinion on that 1986 movie.
It is nothing but advertisement that spoils the first half of HnK1.

I'm dying over the
>kill yourself
>and then watch/read this

>I won't skip anything too (who would do that)
babbies who don't have the attention span to look away from their phone and watch some motherfucking kung fu anime.

They should make a game based on the whole series where you see Ken's face progression from Bruce Lee to Sylvester Stallone.

If you watch every single episode of the HnK anime, you'll have effectively seen the entire plot of the anime at least 3 times.

explain?

>he doesnt watch HnK in hell

There's a version that's slightly less censored but none that are completely uncensored. It simply is not on the internet, but there may be a reel sitting in some dusty old theater basement in Japan or Italy.

The great Tokyo warehouse fire, a lot of many great anime and movies were forever lost.
Hokuto no Ken is one of them, that's why only DVD remaster was released and why the movie is partially censored, since the original fully uncensored film reel is lost forever.

Are you sure?
I bought the movie on vhs almost 2 decades ago. I'm not sure if I have it anymore but I remember that version having a ton of blood
Certainly none of that grey blood bullshit at the very least
The battle again Raoh was all red that I'm absolutely certain

Jyuuza was such a cheeky cunt.

>HoM shitsubs
>Jyuuza
Stop this.

Literally died calling Raoh a huge faggot and Raoh still gave him a proper burial.

>tfw the villain is literally confirmed to NOT be Raoh and is instead some shitty diet knockoff of Raoh
What the fuck are they thinking?

I still can't get used to seeing Raoh with white hair.

Only reason why I bought Yakuza Kiwami

Give me the HnK game, Sega.

>the original fully uncensored film reel is lost forever.
I'm sure its out there somewhere. Like I said, sitting in the warehouse of some dusty old theater. It just hasn't been discovered and put on the internet yet.
But that's how you spell his name.
ジュウザ

Recycling Raoh over and over gets a little old.

>ジュウザ
Juuza

I thought Kaioh was awesome.

No, that's how you autistically romanize it.
Juza is the official translation, because you don't need the extra "u" letter for same pronounciation in English. And the romanization is Juuza, not Jyuuza. Like I said, stop watching HoM shitsubs.

>Recycling Raoh gets old
>so let's recycle him agains as a OC donut steel with exact same backstory and almost identical design
Kagami, the guy who is the villain of Hokuto ga Gotoku, LITERALLY has Raoh's backstory.

I much prefer his dark hair and flesh colored eyebrows of the anime.

D O Z O
O Z O D
Z O D O
O D O Z

>The only propriety that is actually faithful to his appearance is fucking Ken rage 2.
Bah.

The "canon" look grows on you if you play Ken's Rage games.

You can romanize it however you want but the proper spelling of ジュ is jyu.

speaking of ken's rage, how are they? read and watched HnK but never played the games.

Jap teach says it's Ju.

>tfw Hokuto threads back in vogue again
Ken-oh bless Sega.

Is this a Hokuto no Ken reference?

So what are your guys' thoughts on Fist of the Blue Sky?

pretty good

Mine taught us its jyu.
Jyu is a glide. A combination of じ(ji) and ゆ(yu)

Ken's Rage 1 is a very solid beat'em up game, because they tried something new and didn't try making it into traditional Musou.
It's pretty good, but the story mode is a bit barebones and only covers up to Raoh (so HnK1).
Dream mode (what-if story) is fucking amazing, Jagi's what-if story is literally him and Amiba teaming up and trying to wreck Ken's and Toki's reputation but the twist to what happens is amazing.
The game has rather infuriating motion blur (you get mostly used to it but initially it pissed me off to no end) and runs at 30 FPS, often dropping below that. But it does look ok.

Ken's Rage 2 has MUCH better story mode and very faithful to the manga (the only shit they skipped is the Ryo stuff from near the end of the manga, going from Kaioh straight into the love triangle resolution epilogue and manga ending), it has more music than the first game (BUT THEY FUCKING TOOK OUT AI WO TORIMODOSE, GOD IM MAD STILL) however the level design and gameplay got completely raped and turned into very generic barebones musou.
Basically new characters were added, quite a bit of them, but they have only 50% as robust movesets as the Ken's Rage 1 characters. So what did they do? They fucking took out 50% of returning characters movesets to make them in line with the new ones. Levels lost absolutely all verticality, jumping and jumping combos were taken out entirely outside of scripted points on the map, and levels have late PS2-tier graphics (they legit look comapreable to God of War 2 in terms of level graphics). However all those downgrades mean there are A LOT more enemies on screen now (like in a typical shitty Musou) and the framerate is a lot better too. It runs at uncapped framerate, mostly hitting 50-60 FPS most of the time.

tl;dr
Ken's Rage 1
Great beat'em up, story a bit barebones, amazing what-if stories, shit motion blur and passable framerate

Ken's Rage 2:
Downgraded gameplay and graphics, much better framerate, great story mode, no what-if.

Better than Hokuto no Ken 2, worse than Hokuto no Ken 1, a lot less international appeal however and goes way too indepth with the China of the 1940s autism, I literally had to Wikipedia some shit it references.

No, billions of years of evolution is just a confabulation in our head

The first game was was pretty alright. It was less a musou and more of a beat-em-up. Kinda. Had some neat what if modes alongside the typical retelling of the first half of HoK.

The second was more musou like. Which people don't like very much. Also it's more faithful to the original manga. As in. It covers everything. Even the very last parts when Kenshiro lost his memory.

alright thanks lads

Please meme this.

Japanese hated the fact the first game wasn't "musou-like" which is why they made the second one the most generic shallow musou possible for widest possible appeal, people always forget to mention this in Hokuto threads.
Japan just has overwhelmingly shit taste.
Also the second game was rushed to meet the 30th anniversary deadline because their rights to the series were expiring after that and if they missed the deadline they wouldn't be able to release the game at all.

>Fist of the North Star is more popular than Yakuza overseas

Hopefully this could lead to a PC/Xbox port. I've always wanted to play a Yakuza-like.

I liked it but there's a fuckton of questions that it left unanswered.

SHAKKASHAKKASHAKKA

You can literally emulate the first two games on PCSX2, and while the first one is a bit rocky gameplay wise due to being the first, the second one is basically on par in gameplay with 3rd, 4th and 5th game since very little changed in terms of controls and gameplay fluidity between those.

Please don't.

>PC port
is that all you guys look forward to?

Souten no Ken 2 is starting serialization later this year, that's why this game is being made to begin with.
Hara announced SnK2 last month and teased the announcement of the game.
SnK2's official title is Souten no Ken Re:Genesis

>Japan and their unrelenting shit tastes strikes again.
Of course. Fucking Japan always gotta ruin something good with garbage taste.

Can someone post the france dub sub?

>tfw Freddy Mercury probably won't be in this game
youtube.com/watch?v=6t2YfpyMmzk

Japan also hated the fact that Raoh, Shin and Souther wore their capes during gameplay, which is why the capes were fucking removed for the international version of Ken's Rage 1 (the one we got) and Ken's Rage 2.
Only the original, Japanese version of Ken's Rage 1 allows you to play as Raoh with his badass helmet and cape on, Souther with his mask and cape and Shin with his cape.
Pisses me off greatly since they could've simply made them alternate costumes instead of removing them entirely (the capes literally magically fly away when you start level).

You should read the manga. Much better art. Listen to the TV soundtrack though, its fantastic

Tried running the first on my computer. It's a little too low-spec to run PS2 games on. I did like what I saw, though. The dub was shit though.

Also has to do with longetivity. A console-only game requires you to have the console to actually use it, but a PC game could be kept around forever. Look at GOG.

The anime has way too godlike direction, voice acting and music to make manga his first experience, don't be a faggot.
The answer is BOTH but anime first.

Any word on the protagonist?

yakuza got over 10 games and its console-exclusive

>petitionfags
It's called a fucking beat em up, you insufferable nerd

There's something about 80s anime that really calls out to me though

Still Kasumi most likely since it's supposed to be a direct continuation starting where the first one left off.

Don't listen to that fag, see Go with anime first.
Then when you read manga later, you will automatically fill in the music and voices of the anime with your imagination.

Technically, it is. But the amount of interactivity that comes from minigames and the like make it a little bit more than Streets of Rage 4.

>mfw watching the Raoh spin off

Is that meant to be a positive or negative reaction? Cause the Raoh spinoff is great and you're a faggot if you don't like it.

Really? Shit, I was hoping it'd be Ryuken.

He's talking about Ten no Haoh, the anime adaptation of Raoh Gaiden manga.
Basically everything what Raoh was doing from the time he left Ryuken's dojo up to his reunion with Kenshiro in Mamiya's village.

Anything that wasn't raoh vs souther was shit.

>more backstory
>shit
You lack taste. It was blatantly obvious that Raoh will just steamroll everything from get go, but it was nice seeing him steamroll everything.

So i'm guessing this will be the "batting cage" equivalent.

Rather have him steamroll everything with a non garbage animation desuu.
Souten no ken somehow has even worse animation.

Hokuto no Ken is absolute trash.

Go ahead, try to defend that shit. Try to elaborate on why it is good. You can't.

First I've heard of it. Maybe they'll reveal what the east star fist is.

hi akagi, how irrelevancy?