HUMAN HEAD IS BACK

youtu.be/1bViPhnt9Rk

Other urls found in this thread:

runeragnarok.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

never played but might pick it up

Bump

>Open World Rpg

Fucking dropped, Rune is suppose to be Quake with Swords not fucking Elder Scrolls.

Irony: Quake was supposed to be Elder Scrolls, but they turned it into a linear shootmans game at the last minute because they had no idea what they were doing.

>Vikings
*yawn*

Celts are where it's at

And it was a better game for it

mite be cool as long as they stick to their roots instead of watering everything down and making other design compromises

What exactly would be watered down in Rune? It's already as barebones as games get.

The combat was very technical, it reminds me of jedi outcast compared to the later game.

But where is Prey 2?

hoo care

killed by bethesda m8

This is either going to be really awesome or really shitty. Rune was one of my favorite and most played games of that era. Made a bunch of maps and everything. Open world RPG makes it sound like it's already on the wrong path, but I'll remain cautiously optimistic until more info comes out.

who cares, it was going to be shit

we got System Shock 3 instead, stop complaining faggots

>System Shock 3
what makes you think that is gonna be good?

He means the Prey reboot we got

Btw you can get a chance to get closed beta access if you use your email

runeragnarok.com/

Least they aren't begging for kickstarter money for it like every other old-IP revival in the past two years.

>instead

We would have had both, nu-Prey would have just been called something else.

I played the everliving fuck out of the demo on multiplayer (only had two maps and the first three ranks of weapons) and when Rune Gold was released on Steam I hopped into multiplayer and murdered everyone like I was a kid again. So, so good.

>nu-Prey would have just been called something else.
It was meant to be called Typhon but because the Prey license was collecting dust, Bethesda rebranded it.

As long as the combat is fundamentally the same and it has some sort of non-MMO/arena/map based multiplayer, I'll pretty much be sold and they can do whatever they want with the open world SP stuff. If I can't chop a dude's arm off and beat him with it, it's a no-go.

This.
Keep the combat in the same way just improve the graphics single player content

>Human Head is back

cool

Exactly.

Are you sure you're not talking about Severance: blade of darkness or whatever since it had a similar theme and was from around the same time? Admittedly it's been more than 10 years but I remember combat in Rune being basic as fuck. And that was the teen low attention span me.

I'm very sure, certain movement combinations and hitting attack did different moves. And each weapon was different, some weapons did a horizontal slice if you jumped and pressed backwards with attack. You had to know your movements and even crazier rune words came with special attacks like throwing axes.

If they did remake ruin I'd like it to be less small creature killing. I swear 2/3rds of the game was spent fighting fucking crabs and shit. By the time you fought other norse monsters and shit it was the end of the game.

Yeah, the combat had depth. My favorite weapon was the Roman Sword, and I got to the point where I only had trouble fighting against the broadsword.

And yeah, the SP was a letdown up until the human enemies came around, which was like halfway through. I'm know they learned their lesson because they've said as much, but I also hope the MP is the focus for this new one.

I hope its gory, and bloody, I hope we get the crazy limb cutting and one arm enemies running around again.