What does Sup Forums think of Kiryu's replacement for the Yakuza series?

What does Sup Forums think of Kiryu's replacement for the Yakuza series?

youtube.com/watch?v=CX09BHL2A4M

Also no, he's not black.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dIv1UTXhlr8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He's #1

NEVER EVER

Already 100% it. Easily does with KHH guides and watching SaltyYen translate cutscenes.

I like him a lot, but it feels like he's already got most of his story planned out for him from that prologue video. It's a decent story but it would've been nice to see it play out a bit more naturally, maybe in cutscene form. Also looking for English subs of these intros

Just not a fan of his hair.

What's wrong with it?

Too damn frizzy. I guess it's to make him look a little wild, but to me it just looks unattractive.

It's a shitty fro and looks nothing like that artwork

Looks Kinda Familiar

>That hair

He's cool with me.

I'm Kosmo Kramer, the ASS MAN

kek

He looks like a real son of a bitch

>Also no, he's not black.
who knows?
He was born in whore house without father.
His father must be a marine guy

His father is obviously the Yakuza boss who helped him. It's way too obvious.

>He was born in whore house without father.
>His father must be a marine guy

IDK, maybe he grew up in sunflower orphanage like Kazuya and Nishikayama?

no he didn't go any school or orphanage

Watch the prologue video. Ichiban spent his entire life inside of Kamurocho and was essentially raised by various residents.

i prefer if it was more like him, someone young and a complete mess like Daigo how you met him in Y2

The model's hair needs to be bigger.

t. never seen an Okinawan before

So his backstory is basically identical to Kiryu's? That's disappointing.

I really want to get into this series, how well do the first games emulate? I'm guessing I should play them all in order.

Don't listen to the goobers who would tell you not to start with Y0. It's a great way to get into the series, and then if you like it, Kiwami just came out, which is a modern remake of the first game.

see

play 0 and then play kiwami
You can emulate 1 well but 1's combat is fucking garbage

>says he's willing to start with the originals
>telling him not to

It's clunky to be sure, but it's honestly not that bad if you block a lot, stick to short combos and avoid grabbing too much.

There are similarities, but I think Ichiban had a rougher upbringing by essentially being a street urchin while Kiryu had a decent enough upbringing that he finished high school.

Ichiban also got thrown into jail before he even made any sort of name for himself as a Yakuza so he really has nothing.

Why you emulate original game if you can play prequel and remake?
You don't have PS4?
Fuck off

0 is a better introduction to the series. Yakuza 1's combat sucks and would not be fun for a newcomer to the series with modern sensibilities.

1 and 2 will be so different for anyone who starts with 0 only because of the limitations back then, it'll be frustrating at first but it depends on you if you want to continue playing it. Is still worth for the experience just to see how awful compared to nowadays

I started with the first game last year, and it was perfectly fine.

t. underage

>game is dated meme

Faggots like you need to stick to watching let's plays. If you're going to complain about games being too dated for "modern sensibilities" then we might as well be telling everyone to skip 0 and Kiwami, and wait for 6 and Kiwami 2 becuase those are much less dated.

God, one of my Okinawan uncles was dark as hell. Worked on the beaches for a long as time, as I understand it.
Most of them didn't have particularly frizzy hair though, course most of them were old timers and kept their hair buzzed to short, so who knows.

Really, I'd say that the Yakuza boss that took Ichiban in being his father is just cliched enough for them to go with, but really, who knows at this point.

Kiryu is typical oldschool yakuza hero like Ken Takakura yakuza movie protag.
Ichiban is an anti-hero.

>Ichiban is an anti-hero.

I hope so. I'm so sick of Good-two-shoes St. Kiryu.

How well do PS2 emulators run on a potato laptop? Better or worse than Dolphin?

>his introduction is a phone game

b-but it's for PC too!

>I'm Ichiban
It's gonna be his punny catchphrase, isn't it?

he'll die soon

Ichiban seems like a cool guy
Would play game starring him

I wish Majima were a woman.

Takaya Kuroda actually does a pretty decent Kenshiro.

WE

I'm not sold on his ATATATATATA yet, but I'm pretty hyped for this to come out.

WUZ KYOUDAIS

>Kenshiro, Jagi's kidnapped Lyn!
>Nani?
It will be glorious. I bet the dome is gonna be the Millennium Tower of the game.

Both way off.

Gonna fight Raoh shirtless on top of the Millennium Dome

>voiced by Nishiki
>Kiryu doesnt recognize the voice

Neither did I actually.

His magenta suit is pretty hard on the eyes.

It's Kiryu's outfit with the colors reversed.

I bet that cutscene or something similar will be in Kiwami 2.

Its alright to admit you're deaf, user. #1's voice is literally just Nishiki if he sounded more excitable. Youd think Kiryu would recognize his kyodai's voice.

WE

How involved is it? With Kenzan it was KHH for main story, ThePatrick's FAQ for substories and what is missable in a chapter, and Japanese guides for sword upgrades, locker keys, upgrade item locations, and geishas. Is the upgrade system really that easy to deal with because I thought you get to have modifiers for things that change depending on what you use.

Using the KHH guide you'll know the name of every item and weapon, and watching Salty Yen as you go, you get to decipher to story really well.

That sounds way better than I was hoping.

It's pretty good. I knew how to do the farming and cooking and everything. Also fully understood the story.

I love him

shut up oldfag with your "retro" worship

Wish his backstory wasn't so similar to Kiryu's. Or that he wasn't being introduced in a smartphone game.

How is Kenzan? Is it as good as Ishin?

>that feel when no Awano game where he sings Love Machine

weird, doesn't have the presence of Kiryu, just seems like he's fit better as one of many side characters

From all accounts it varies. But generally I see people call a pretty rough around the edges kinda game (I guess because it was first game to use the engine would later be used in three)

Still. I think you should try it.

Wallpuncher man could be cool

Boring. He's literally Kiryu's copy with very similar backstory. I expected much more but well, I guess their writers doesn't give a fuck anymore.

The story is really engaging and makes you want to follow it the whole way through though final boss felt shoehorned in severely, the characters are all great, it has some pretty enjoyable Heat Actions, the unique minigames are all pretty great (Horse archery, melon cutting, kabuki, jiraiya, fan throwing, that one hanafuda poem, that one tapping minigame with the geishas, and frog racing though I didn't care for doing that one as much), the boss fights barring the final one are all really enjoyable with Itou being by far the best one of the lot since it came out of right field, all the areas are just a joy to go through and it really sucks you into the time period, and Amon is amazing in it.

It's rough around the edges though.
>Tons of missable substories and Heat Actions.
>You'll notice as soon as you start that enemies with swords just never ever stop blocking.
3 also has this problem but it's expanded to everyone so you have to learn the way to exploit this by backing up and then as soon as they move retaliate.
>Sumo wrestlers can completely bypass your iframes on a dodge if they go for a grab which they do instantly without any warning.
>Getting stabbed (Not attacked) by a sword knocks you to the ground.
This can be mitigated with the Ass Quills if I remember right.
>Paired up with the last two points it takes you ages to stand back up again, like a good five seconds at least.
>Everything besides single katana and dual katana are worthless despite learning tons of Heat Actions for fists since no fists means no blocking against weapons.
Dual katana becomes the main form of attack once you get the extended combos on it about half way through the game due to the guard all around you, high combos, high attack speed, and the ability to gain double damage bonuses from having the raid paid of katana/kodachi.
>Tons of grinding for upgrade materials.
3, 4, and Dead Souls can't even compete.

It's great fun and I don't regret it at all.

I beat 0 a week ago and Yakuza 1 is fine.

So what I'm getting is that Ichiban is Kikuchiyo, what would Kiryu be?

>Daigo fucked up so bad that Kamurocho got taken over as soon as Kiryu entrusted it to him

>looks like a bear den, don't see any bears around though.

lol I just found this thread where he suggested it should be Tatsuya from Black Panther instead

WHO IS THIS NIGGER

should've been Tatsuya instead
youtube.com/watch?v=dIv1UTXhlr8

His hair is faggotry.

lol 20 fighting styles
and has additional 5 in the sequel

Is there a lot of content?

>Traditional Martial Arts
>Fighting Martial Arts
help an user here differentiate the two

>inb4 Ichiban's combat forte is to use more than 4 fighting styles
bet it's the only way to make him likeable

Please stop... I'm a bitch for samurai games so it hurts to know we'll never get Ishin.

I guess 8 should be suffice:
>Luchador
>Punk
>Breaker
>any weapon focused style
>Boxing/Rush
>Judo
>Kung-Fu
>Akiyama style
>Grappler a la Shinada

how about that weird fighting style Zafina from Tekken uses? what's it called??

>implying kuroda won't voice the villain

>"SHINEEH BOGE!!!"
this protag's a savage compared to Kiryu,Saejima and Akiyama in this series

for me, Tanimura had savage Heat Actions
of course Majima is still no. 1

I think I'd be pretty cool of the crowds who congregate around Kiryu's fights could be heard cheering and yelling

Is that a fucking perm?

eyyy Oldboy
you watch any other Koran action films??