What's the best way to play Sonic 3 &/or Knuckles?

What's the best way to play Sonic 3 &/or Knuckles?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s9o8RDpzO2E
info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_3_Complete#Full_List_of_Changes_and_Options
retrogamerandbackups.com/products/sonic-complete
youtube.com/watch?v=FDr0oy2Tnr8
youtu.be/Pux2TNnKuw4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Either Sonic 3&K or Sonic 3 Complete

Why the fuck would anyone play them separately

with friends

Maybe you only played the games in a gamecube collection and didn't know they were one game.

If you have real hardware and cartridges, Sonic 3 alone and then lock on S&K after clearing Launch Base Act 2.
Otherwise, Sonic 3 Complete.

>The player controlling Tails constantly fucks up and flies you into spikes and enemies

Good thing the internet existed when the GameCube was a thing

Taxman remake with a Saturn pad

>Sonic 3 up towards the first mid boss for hearing the best song period
>Then S3&K
Really Sonic 3's main appeal is this one. fucking. song. But it's UTTERLY obvious on why it was removed on later reprintings that where done once S&K came out and was disabled when doing S3&K with a new generic track.
youtube.com/watch?v=s9o8RDpzO2E

The new track ain't really all that bad, either, which makes me heartbroken that there isn't a modded S3&K where the Sonic 3 midboss plays for the S3 half and the S&K one for the S&K half. Or at least, from what I've read about Sonic 3 complete, it doesn't have options quite that detailed yet.

Turn off console
no such thing as a good sonic game

I'm pretty sure you can do it with the rom customizer even if that's not an option in the game itself.
Don't quote me on that though.

No, that's now an option in the game, and it's a binary Sonic 3 or S&K choice

info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_3_Complete#Full_List_of_Changes_and_Options

what's the point of playing anything that isn't Complete?

3 Complete is the best way no contest

Sonic 3 Complete with music set to 'by zone' and Sonic/Tails layouts set to Sonic 3 versions, but Knuckles layouts set to S3&K versions. If you're a Sonic oldfag, that is. If you've never played the games before then you should play the originals. Seperately.

Some people refuse to play ti simply because it's a romhack and not an official sega product, no matter how much it improves the game.

>Or at least, from what I've read about Sonic 3 complete, it doesn't have options quite that detailed yet.
You read wrong. Or whoever wrote what you read is an idiot. The 'music by zone' option does exactly that.

my saturn controller just came in a few days ago and lemme tell you brother, i want to ejaculate on it.

which model?

2 i believe

Nice, as long as it's not that bulky one that initially came with the Saturn in the US/EU

Same here man, my adapter's coming in the mail some time today. Just in time

For the final boss of sonic 3 by itself

First time?

Vanilla.

Replaying?

3C if you want.

I do not recommend playing 3C as the first run through since any of the changes would just fly over people's heads.

mine came at the same time

enjoy my man, don't get discouraged if it seems to have dead inputs at first, some of the buttons may need worn in

I'll keep that in mind. What adapter did you go for? I got one that also supports N64 and PS2 since the reviews were good and said it has negligible input lag

i've started playing for the second time in my life Sonic TH 2 in my phone, i can't belive how much of a fun time im having, this game its stupudly fun and with quality asthetics, its fuckin great.

mayflash
some people say theres input lag, but i havent noticed much, maybe a few miliseconds

I'd play the shit out of it if I could get it on an actual genesis cart. I know people have made them but I couldn't find any sellers that were still producing them.

You can even do it yourself

retrogamerandbackups.com/products/sonic-complete

S3C with the original sonic 3 music for Michael jackson beep boops

Is there a difference between 3 and S&K in terms of overall quality?

Complete

This isn't a suggestion. It's the only way.

S3&K is an unlockable in that very collection. So is Knuckles in Sonic 2.

Mushroom Valley > Hill

They're both good.

Say what you will about Sonic Jam, but at least they had the decency to not lock S3&K and KIS2 at the start

Sonic 3 Complete lets you restore the Sonic 3 Knuckles/Miniboss theme.

>youtube.com/watch?v=FDr0oy2Tnr8
>Generic
Gonna have to disagree with you there, shit's gud

Which adapter did you order?

But that's in S3C

you need to look at footage of the special zones from the original version to appreciate what Whitehead did. They became way more tolerable.

Neat, thanks user

sonic 3 feels more complete as a package
s&k has larger zones

That's a difficult question. I'd say I overall prefer Sonic 3, although I'd be hard pressed to come up with reasons why. I think part of it is that I just prefer the aesthetics presented in the Sonic 3 stages, a lot of the &Knuckles zones seem like they take place in claustrophobic indoors spaces like Flying Battery, Sandopolis, Lava Reef and Death Egg. The level design is still mostly same old solid stuff, though. The &Knuckles zones even have a bit of a difficulty ramp up since it's the latter half of the whole of S3&K.

Nice Loss

A Mayflash Saturn/PS2/N64 adapter. Other user went for the same brand but Saturn only.

This

As an added bonus, it also affects the invincibility themes, so you can have it as if Super Sonic and Hyper Sonic have their own specific themes.

>used to rush through 3&K like nobody's business
>almost time over at Death Egg act 2 boss with one life left

I tell you lads, being out of practice in what used to be your best game skill wise is awful

Death Egg zone is fucking great

I like that Mania stops the timer in fights it deems to be too long (Eggman's baby carrier, Puyo boss, Egg Reverie)

Of course Sonic is so glitchy that sometimes the Time Over was actually needed (Happened to me in Carnival Night once when I somehow got stuck in a wall and I had to let the timer run out)

youtu.be/Pux2TNnKuw4