youtube.com/watch?v=40JmEj0_aVM
youtube.com/watch?v=wojyU517Up8
youtube.com/watch?v=UthQ2gR1bU4
youtu.be/2KYYVrBX4v0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Never got that beer he owed you

>literally two levels ahead in the Kardashev scale
We were doomed from the start

Nothing to do but to wait forthe Shepard spinoff.

What's with the Dyson spheres lately?

ITT: Unfinished schlock the game

333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

Edgy a f.

>ywn live in a giant spaghetti wrapped around a star
TOPOPOLIS NEVER EVER

how do they transfer the energy from the dyson sphere to earth?

Are microwaves effficient?

I guess the energy of the sun would be so great that it doesn't matter.

>lmao the gayliens would win either way
This story sucks.

>how do they transfer the energy from the dyson sphere to earth?
Cargo ships, once on earth the energy is transfered to shipping containers and are shipped out to wherever needs them.

They can build a giant sphere completely enclosing a star, you thing they cant make really long extension cords?

USB 3.0

Edgy a f

I don't think there's anywhere left to go with his story unless we get a spin-off of him doing guerilla operations against the Combine forces occupying Earth but I hope we at least learn what actually happened to him some day.

Hmm, didn't think of that. That could work.

That is just silly but building a dyson sphere is silly also.

I'm glad this farce is finally over. Hope you are too.

How can you be glad, you were 6 years old when the last HL came out.

I just learned the largest O'Neill Cylinder, made out of graphene, can be as large as 1000 km in diameter (more realistically 500 km in diameter). That's as large as the largest countries on Earth.

This glorious dawn awaiting us sure sounds nifty.

Why not just have one giant O'Neill Cylinder around an entire star? That would be just as good and wouldn't require unobtanium.

>implying I wasn't 12
This is for the best man. No amount of genius could satisfy fans. It's so much better this way. A dead game that was only developed in the minds of the fans.

The future is so bright we don't even need eyes to see it. Too bad none of us will ever see one within our lifetime.

>rise and shine sheppard
>youve been away for quite some time
>ive got one more thing to ask of you
>kill gordon freeman

FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING NIGGER

>have to walk several miles just to catch a ride to one of the other cylinder arms
Bad design desu. At least have some bridges.

Also the day night cycle would be screwy. I'd prefer an artificial light source in the center.

>I can't into simple geometry
500 km in DIAMETER.

fuck off to /vg/

Fuck Dyson sphere, and fuck interdimensional people

Co-op partner in Half Life 3.

Thank you for these threads, it makes the pain hurt a little less.

I wonder if the series continued, if the third standalone game would even feature the combine or not. Maybe just wiping out the remainder on earth? I'd assumed of a portal crossover game at some point as well.

That's the idea.

Someone post the Combine assassin or whatever.

are you saying there's nothing above and below? because muh dude, there is. Either that or you don't know what diameter, or cylinder means. Draw a circle 500km across in the center. If that fits in a country, and it fits in several, your statement is wrong. You sure you're not thinking of radius, not diameter? You'd still be wrong, but you know, half as wrong.

If you made a cylinder 500km in diameter, it would fit in Russia. It'd also fit in Canada. And the US. And Brazil. And China. And Australia. And many more.

Even going with the 1000km measurement, you are very, very wrong. Or are you confused on the conversion between miles and kilometers?

Here's a cool, mostly accurate map projection, with handy scales. Just open up paint, make a circle 500km across, then see for yourself that you're wrong. Hell, make it 1000km. Or find whatever other map projection you want. Or a globe if you have one handy.

This

>user forgets the difference between a circle and a cylinder

what

Right right, so do you think there's nothing below? Because yet again, there is. Hell, you take God's apple corer and scoop up a bigass cylinder out of Russia, and there'd be more matter there than in your O'neill cylinder.

Like, are you drunk or do you think the earth is flat and if you dig three feet down there's nothing there or what? Where is the disconnect here?

There would certainly be more matter, but more living space? Unlikely.

I want mole people to leave and stay leave.

And no, we're not taking you with us into space.

can someone explain to me why is he talked about but the other guy from blue shift (i think) gets ignored

Because he's an actual in-gam character now?

The living space by default would be at least the same. They have the same amount of space. However, in an O'neil cylinder you're restricted to building on the inside surface. Some random chunk of earth on the other hand has no such restriction. It's 100% usable space. There is absolutely no way you could ever build as densely as would be possible in the earth.

Anyway this argument is just silly, the goalposts have been moved out of the solar system. We've established you can fit a shitload of 500km diameter cylinders in a shitload of countries.
fuck you sunback by the time you start building space stations you will see in horror the molemen have already hollowed out and cored entire constellations of asteroids

guys guys what is directly below earth?

uhhh hell obviously

Hell, ya dingus.

Blue shift was pretty bad

You can't even fuck them, they took away your ability to breed.

>This glorious dawn awaiting us sure sounds nifty
>>Reddit

youtu.be/6Iu4GXUHfU0

This is another one of those memes that I saw develop in real time, and even with the context I just don't understand how it became a meme.

Somehow these are the memes I find funniest. I might be retarded.

How is a general, with general in name, allowed on Sup Forums?

>constellations of asteroids
Wut?

This is what happens when a fanbase finally breaks down

>The Borealis zooms towards the Combine homeworld
>Gordon sees the insurmountable scale and gargantuan size of the Dyson sphere
>Realizes full well that the Combine are practically gods compared to humanity
_________ starts playing

>_________ starts playing
It ain't me?

youtube.com/watch?v=havhaDYh0Sc

youtube.com/watch?v=40JmEj0_aVM

MAGIC MISSILE

IT AIN'T MEEEE

Can someone bogpill me on what a Dyson sphere is? Keep in mind I'm a brainlet so just give me the basic gestalt and not the whole enchilada

You take a star and put shit around it so you cover it 100%.
The energy you'd produce with this big metal ball would allow you to shitstomp literally anything.

Get a bunch of shit that can harvest solar energy and wrap it around a star so you can basically have infinite energy that will hold for billions of years

How's your Dyson sphere, /dsg/?

Ok thanks, sounds pretty cool I guess

Considering it's connected to an orbiting planet, this cord's going real fucking fast

>literally anything
Except for civs one type higher.

Been considering getting this game, how is it?

Becuase he was in half-life 2 as well
All shepard got was one game whereas Barney had his own game and was important in half-life 2

>I guess

BEGONE, ye of lesser intellect! This board is for only the most astute minds!

*rips a fat weedbong toke and watches Rick de la Morty*

youtube.com/watch?v=wojyU517Up8

T-they took my peanus weanus away? *clenches fists* Y-YAMEROOOOOOO

I like the style you use to name your fleets, user. Personally i name mine as if they were traits of my civ's godking

>His Faith
>His Love
>His Wrath
>His Hope
>His Rage

Etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=UthQ2gR1bU4

That was a very cute post. You're cute, user.

this is worse than mml3

Fun but shallow. Mods can extend how long you'll have fun with it, but it wears thin after a while. And while Paradox could potentially make it an incredible game by shoring up lackluster systems and deepening shallow ones, they, well, haven't. Instead, expect overpriced DLC.

youtu.be/2KYYVrBX4v0

>windows
hahahahahhghghskjsh
fucking mongoloids

okay so wait why don't we go to mars and unmars the void dragon and get all them upgrades for mankind
there are literally no downsides

*grabs you by the throat* back the fuck off??!