Metal Gear Solid 4 is the worst game in the series

... and it's not even close.

>Shit writing, nonsense story.
>Fan-service up the ass to the point it couldn't even stand on its own if it wanted to.
>Practically 4-1 (or there abouts) cutscene to gameplay ratio.
>Gameplay going to shit by Act 3 (a boring, linear as fuck trailing sequence, followed by a shit, on rails bike chase)
> Dwarf Gecko, the worst enemies in the series, period.
>Bringing the series most central character back for a single after credits cutscene, and then simply killing him off again.

So, why was Metal Gear Solid 5 worse again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7kNrIn8H32c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'll just leave this here...

If you have to ask that you're no MGS fan.

MGSV isn't even a finished game so it's technically worse. But you're right that MGS4 is a blight on the franchise and only praised because it's babby's first Metal Gear. You forgot to mention how returning characters who had no business being there in the first place were given inconsistent, poorly developed personalities and motives.

All MGS games are shit.

Whatever, at least the gameplay didnt go to shit three hours in.

I hated the end, they killed off the ENTIRE fucking emotional payoff with that huge moronic speech that just had to be forced in there.

God damn I hate MGS4, it shits over hte previous games in the series by retconning tons shit. Also the gameplay just sucks, the active camo makes it almost trivial.

I just got so mad at the fact that nobody knows Big Boss enough to see that he has the patch on the wrong eye when they transport around his body

>people genuinely think MGS writing is anything other than hot garbage

It was silly even back when Liquid was whining about genes in MGS1.

I'm convinced no MGS game will ever be as bad as peacewalker, holy FUCK did that game suck cocks, one of the worst games i've ever played

Because 5 was plain unfinished fucknuts, but you already knew that. 4s story was shit, but the sheer amount of extras, secrets, setpieces, streamlined mechanics, and callbacks will always make it more memorable than "you are snake" hurr durr. Get over it kid.

I haven't played it, but I will say I really doubt it's worse than PW. that game was absolute shit.

I still laugh when I think about Meryl.

>Naomi shows up
>hot as fuck
>Mei Link shows up
>total qt
>Meryl shows up
>would fit in better in Gears of War

>why was Metal Gear Solid 5 worse again?
Because it literally has nothing to do with MGS anymore.

MGS4 was shit, yes. But at least it had Hayter and not some Hollywood C grade "actor", And at least it wasn't made for CoD + GTA players. It also still had tons of difficulty settings. etc.

>Obviously keeps playing the series since mgs1. "lel, teh writing suk tho"

Don't know what that says about you guy, but ok.

yeah it was SO GOOD up until bibo showed up right

no fuck you it was bad the first time someone mentioned nanomachines

Nanomachines have been around since MGS1 retard.

So what you're saying, is that it was held together by (poor) fanservice?

I rest my case.

I don't need to enjoy the writing to play the games. The skip cutscene button exists for a reason.

He means if you take it seriously instead of go along with the ridiculously cheesy plot and enjoy the laughs you're going to be disappointed and look like a huge nerd on some Mongolian blanket weaving forum

>Nanomachines have been around since MGS1 retard

Not like this...

youtube.com/watch?v=7kNrIn8H32c

(EvERyTHInG IS NAnOMaCHINeS!!!)

but was it used to explain literally every single plot points the series had up to that part of the story?

MGS V is like Zelda BotW: way different from the rest of the series, still great games.

>muh fanservice
>I rest my case.

He's right. MGS5 has a stupid whore pandering to people, who want to jack off.
Some people call that shit "fanservice" aka "dickservice".
At LEAST MGS4 didn't have something like that.

Not everything was explained away by the nanomachines, plenty of spooky shit like Mantis, Fortune and Volgin (etc) were never explained away by technology.

>MGS V is like Zelda BotW
You are literally insane.

BotW has a massive open world filled with hidden things and stuff. You can climb literally anywhere. Explore everything.
MGS5 has a barren empty "world", but instead of at least being somewhat open, you have small corridors instead and you are blocked off everywhere.

There are absolute opposites.
One is a masterpiece.
The other one is pure shit.

You are either a moron, or you have never played BotW.

Fuck off faggotwoman, MGS doen not concern you. MGS4 had plenty of tits and ass.

>B&B unit
>not fanservice

Boy you sure are dumb

>tfw The Cobras had parasites

It was actually the best, it has a certain vibe to it

so who the fuck is the one on the far right

Completely agree.
MGS4 was so childish, so both over the top and under the bottom. EVERYTHING is retarded in a gameplay and technical way.
Its like one of those cheap ass animes for retards that somehow got some decent visuals.
The most ridiculous about mgs4 is its story. Its so fucking bad. And im 90% sure its all kojimas fault. I wish the new singleplayer metalgear would be done without that overgrown 13yo hikki faggot.

idk 5 isn't like way better or anything, i think i would probably put 5 lower just because it doesn't have as much love in it, and that extra effort has always been the best thing about the series

You are wrong.
MGS2 is THE worst game in series, with its terrible story, terrible MC, awful gameplay and map design, and all the overall downgrades it did to the series.

Also has that very same 4:1 cutscene-to-gameplay ratio.

I said
At LEAST MGS4 didn't have something like that.

Yes, those were whores too. But AT LEAST that was one small time each.

MGS4 was shit
MGS5 was shitter.

Did you not play the game? That's Screaming Mantis.

Screaming Mantis aka Bubblebutt Headhoncho

Fuck the "vibe" whatever that means. I don't even know what planet you'd have to be on to think its better than 1,2 or 3 (ir even 5) but I'm guessing it'd be planet fucktard.

For a moment there, I thought you just described MGS2.

Maybe it's time for MGS-babbies to realize that their series has always been whacky animu-shit.

How can someone get this mad over a story that already made no fucking sense

is it the same person who post this thread everyday?

You can even kill Quiet if you want, or at least dress her in a less stupid outfit that isn't virginbait.

B&B is much worse. It's just a bunch of girls wearing skin-tight lingerie suits that pose ass first to the camera.

None of your post makes sense. This thread is shit and you're the reason along with faggot OP.

No, believe it or not there are far more of us out there that think this game sucks donkeyballs.

>MGS2 is THE worst game in series, with its terrible story
underage detected
you need to be 25 to post here.

Fuck off MGS4 is never getting a 360 port, stop crying.

Sure is nu-Sup Forums in here

MGS4 is a technical marvel that will likely never be surpassed. Games are simply not made with that level of quality anymore and they probably never will be again.

Piss off back to your undertale subreddit

>You can even kill Quiet if you want
Exactly.
The whore is even 100% useless.
At least the 4 whores in MGS4 were (bad) boss fights.

Well because i like videogames and can close my eyes on some inconsistencies in a game if gameplay is fun. When gameplay obviously has some problems, i try to cover that focusing on story. MGS4 positined itself as a VERY SERIOUS GAME GUYS MUCH PHILOSOPHYCAL SPEECHES SO NANOMACHINES SUCH SYSTEM PROXY WARS DURR, and failed on all levels: retarded installations, retarded looks, retarded plot, retarded gameplay. Im mad because i wanted to like this game, but i cant like shit even if i force myself.

You don't know shit. B&B corps has armor, it's only after you defeat them that they get sexier.

Nope, you suck along with your shit, favorite mgs.

>None of your post makes sense
Yes, it does, monkey.

Quite is a useless whore following you around all the time and pandering to your dick all the time.
The 4 whores in MGS4 were at least (bad) boss fights and they didn't pander to your dick the whole fucking game.

MGS4 was basically a blueprint on that matter for Metal Grind 5.

>out of ideas
>let's add whores

it makes perfect sense, there's these parasites see, and these nanomachines, and these robots and these genes and the threat of nuclear armageddon and then you stir it all up in a big pot of nerd's fear-piss and there you have it.

>Reddit tier memes
Mods just nuke this underage Xfag thread.

I already own it along with a ps3 and pretty much every home console since the 5th gen... and guess what?

MGS4 still sucks the shit out of an ass.

>basically cheating
yep completely useless lol

You sound like some bitch that lost her way on the internet, go back to faceberg faggot.

.........METAL GEAR???????

tard

yeah but that's still wrong

the only good game in the series is 3

Cry harder and they probably will, pleb.

MGS4's only flaw is that it wrapped up a story and neckbeards hate definitive endings because it's not their fanfic

MGS2 was a good game and had a cool story but it would've been a retarded ending for the series

u downy

>MGS4's only flaw is that it wrapped up a story and neckbeards hate definitive endings because it's not their fanfic

It wrapped up the story about as poorly as it could have, and that's one of only 100 diffrent reason why it sucked, fanboy.

no no, the first game should have been the last game, with 2 being a sort of bonus fun extra thing.

then you can have 3..and something better instead of peacewalker and 4 and 5

eh 1/10

>No U
Checks out

you can't even give a good reason idiot

This game kinda reminds me of the star wars prequels.
The way Kojima attempted to tackle new themes, but keeping the same old shit that everyone loves.
So you get a clunky story that feels barely connected to the rest of the series, filled to the brim with characters and events we've seen before.

>Sure is nu-Sup Forums in here
Yeah, you are here.

I enjoyed pretty much every single MGS game except for Phantom Pain and Peace Walker.

>1/10

We're not ranking your girlfriend here user, but it works as a mgs4 score, faggot..

Idk why they opted for butch looking Meryl over this earlier render.

lrn2read OP illiterate fucktard.

>MGS4 is a technical marvel that will likely never be surpassed

It's nearly 10 years old and game tech ages like milk, it's already been surpassed you dumb faggot.

those delts what the FUCK

>Fanboy

Scathing

If I was a fanboy I'd like MGSV

idk what you're talking about babe

Meryl never skips upper body day.

Real women shouldn't

I like MGSV and I'm not a fanboy.

Game's alright. Story is ass, but who cares. If sneaking around feels good, I'm in.

I do however despise most other MGS games.

Nanomachines son

at least Johnny is natty

>lrn2read OP illiterate fucktard...
>idk what you're talking about babe

The IQ of your average mgs4 fan, everybody.

people who hate on mgs4 tend to be mgs3babys.

mgs1-2-4 are the perfect games, anyone who wants to know what mgs is all about, play this.
gaming will never be the same

> fanboy, obvs

V was a big departure from the standard formula, most fanboys hate it, so no, you wouldn't.

Fanboy

>Mgs 4 is perfect! I-I-I swear it is, ok?

Yeah, no.

1-2-3 is what Metal Gear is all about

I know, where the fuck did he get 4 from?

1>3>2>V>4>PW

3>1>2>V>PW>>>Dogshit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MGS4

>one non-interactive video is better than another

fuck off to Sup Forums with your gook dramas

>you will never have a group of people that you are close to like in the mgs series
>you will never go through emotions and tough times together
>you are wasting your best days in this hole and will die alone

>MGS4 a game that came out almost 10 years ago is still talked about on Sup Forums almost daily
>worst

lmao try harder

And you're what? on the same board wasting yours watching it, lmao, kys.

mgs4 is kino

Everyone in the MGS series was made to suffer though

Except for Colonel I guess

it's still talked about because even 10 years on, real fans can't believe how bad it ended up being, its STILL taking time to fucking digest...

Wrong. see

this deflection is dripping wet with misery