Falcom released at least 10 great games in the pat 14 years

Falcom released at least 10 great games in the pat 14 years.
They have 70 employees on low wage working for a bowl of food and they don't even time to masturbate

Western studios like Bungie wasted almost half billion dollars in two games and they are forgettable even by low IQ FPS gamers.

Bioware wasted 100 million dollars in the past 6 years and their games will be forever known as glorified AAA shovelware.

Why are japanese people so good at video games? Why are western people so stupid and retard when it comes to making video games?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/mass-effect-andromeda/mass-effect-andromeda-sales-numbers
gamespot.com/articles/activision-touts-destiny-2-sales-records-but-doesn/1100-6453370/
youtube.com/watch?v=Aq9-xp8yc80
youtube.com/watch?v=QcQpec98nCA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because you're a biased weeb, who made this thread based on cherrypicking.

>Falcom
i dont even know which games this company made

I tried to like western games. I bought Doom, Tomb Raider, Uncharted, CS:GO, GTA V, Just Cause 3 and many more and I regret all these purchases

>Falcom released at least 10 great games in the pat 14 years.
And absolutely none of them featured a story that actually went somewhere or a villain that wasn't holding back.

You realise there are small-time Western devs making niche products too, right?

western devs still haven't figured out that genres other than shoot big gun exist. the ones that have figured that out are all pretentious retard assholes who make some of the worst "games" that only act as a vessel for their political ideas.

basically execs are too scared to take any risks and indies are too up their own ass to actually make a video game

Remember that for every Falcom, there's two Idea Factorys

Like Gone Home and Depression Quest.

>like weeb games
>like almost exclusively play weeb games sans 4x
>own vita
>seriously just can't into falcom games
I fucking wish I can like them, but just nope. I have tried a lot of their games, all just feels so... boring.

Are you excited for Trails of Cold Steel 3, Sup Forums?

It's just a matter of game production costs have gone up and nobody can seem to grasp how to balance the hardware/tech advancement with the costs. Japan makes really shitty large scale games too.

Falcom is only good because they continue to make smaller scale games and like said there are plenty of small time Western devs too. You're just clearly a weeb who can't find the gems of both sides.

And Undertale, Shovelware Knight, Meme Hyper Memer Drifter... all of them are 2D parodies of NES games that weren't even that great

Not at all.

When you have a ridiculously inflated budget you have to produce something that targets the largest possible audience in order to still make a product. This audience is the lowest common denominator. We are not the target audience, so it's best to just ignore them. There are plenty of indie and AA devs in the west making good products. I'm currently addicted to Divinity Original Sin 2, I haven't spent my time this week doing anything but hopping on the computer for 10 hours after work.

OK, you don't like them. Move on and play what you like.

Why is it a problem that people like what you don't like, again? Why are they
>low IQ FPS gamers

Quit being an arrogant slob, it's faggots like you who end up justifying the anti-anime shitposter crowd.

tooweeb/10

I bought many indies, say a good indie and I'll check if I ever played. I regret buying Fez, Hyper Light Drifter, Shovel Knight, Hollow Knight,etc. I remember buying the ''10/10'' Firewatch and I stopped playing after 30 min
Bastion is another 10/10 by the media which I think is a 6/10 game which you can find better 2D games on PSP

*still make a profit

but think about japanese smaller budget like Akiba's Trip. There is nothing similar on the west
When western studios make small budget games they end up with 8bit pixel art garbage with emotional memes to make you feel ''deep into the game xD"

SpaceChem
Invisible Inc
Rimworld
Pathologic

>CSGO
probably because you're shit at the game

see

I'm not better than anybody but you have to be braindead and brainwashed to enjoy CS:GO, Doom, Overwatch, Lawbreakers, etc. It's a fact they are garbage. It's like saying Miley Cyrus is just as talented as Mozart

Very.

>SpaceChem
>Invisible Inc
>Rimworld
>Pathologic

I'll check them out

Doom is good though.

Yeah OK you're just making a shitposting thread.

I really fucking hate that Sup Forums has degenerated into either this, shitty meme-tier posts and samey OPs, generals OPs want to pretend are not generals, or endless console wars. I get a good thread to discuss a game and I watch it die fast, this one'll thrive because we keep biting.

What makes you think lets say trails cold steel, better than all those western shits?
I tried and dont like both btw, just want to hear your opinion.

That's partly because you're cherrypicking and partly because Japan culturally has a huge fangame (doujin) scene, which has been cultivated with love for quite a while. But I do agree that too many devs in the west value retro nostalgia factor over an actually original or compelling experience. Still, it's not like it's slim pickings or anything, you just have to look. There are plenty of decent western titles.

>Regreting purchasing Doom and GTA V
>didn't buy even 1 (ONE) good indie
You have shit taste, weeaboo, go back to your endless gratification slot machines with pedo pandering art, and far too many numbers and colours, for disguising their complete lack of good gameplay nor story.

It wasn't always like that. Around 10 years ago the US industry was dominating the market and Japs just weren't pumping out the amazing games they used to. Their entire market in video games was in a freefall. Fast forward to today and thanks to hubris western devs think they don't have to try anymore, so you get garbage like this. Meanwhile Japan is bouncing back big time and you can see this with Zelda BoTW, NieR, Nioh, RE7 and Code:Vein.

>if I like Miley Cyrus then you can't say she is not as talented as Mozart
your argument is totally incorrect and illogical
You are the shitposter

western developers inject their own politics into their games because fuckknows, and create mediocre experiences that will be forgotten a few months after release

japanese developers genuinely want to create an artful yet challenging product that will still be talked about and played a decade later

>hey let's keep making the same game over and over again because braindead westacucks will keep buying it every year for 60 bucks
Western gaming in a nutshell. And retards defend this shit.

You're not even considering the other side's argument at all, you're attacking the poster for presenting an opinion of neutrality, and you constantly go on about how logical and factual you're being about an opinion of yours.

Even if you genuinely believe you're not shitposting right now, you are. You have no intention of having a discussion or even a semi-compelling argument. Being so blatantly inflammatory in the opening post shows you never had one either. This is just an excuse to spam mindless vitriol at one another.

If Falcom games are so fun, why the fuck are you not playing them instead of essentially bitching other people aren't?

The combat is 10/10, something very hard to achieve in a turn based game. It doesn't get boring. The story is not bad but not great either but the way the game progress is how I remember playing SNES JRPGs when I was a kid. It flows naturally and there is no memes, straight gameplay all the time.
>There are plenty of decent western titles.
Well I enjoyed Horizon Zero Dawn but it's not something I would die for a sequel like Ys or Gravity Rush
I remember 10~15 years ago the japanese industry had a lot of shovelware and some big games like Final Fantasy, Pokemon and Star Ocean. Today we have big FF games and smaller budget titles with good production value like Toukiden, Ys, God Eater, Freedom Wars, Dragon Quest Heroes, Dragon Quest Builders... even Star Ocean 5 I found very interesting if you ignore the glitches

>Falcom released at least 10 great games in the pat 14 years
And only a niche of forgettable fuckboys cares.

Meanwhile...
>Andromeda sells like crazy.
pcgamesn.com/mass-effect-andromeda/mass-effect-andromeda-sales-numbers

>Bungivision sells Destiny like crazy.
gamespot.com/articles/activision-touts-destiny-2-sales-records-but-doesn/1100-6453370/

And Falcom is still a tiny company 99.5% of Americans and Europeans don't know even exists.

There is no point in neutrality if you ignore one side is right and the other is wrong.
Neutrality means that you don't know which side is right or wrong. Neutrality DOES NOT MEAN that both sides are correct.

Im ok with normalfags and plebs buying western games. Its easier for me to identify shitters with no taste.

kinda agree, we been hearing about how great indies are for 10 years and almost all of them are crap.

>Animelard telling others they have no taste.
Shiggity-shiggity-shwa!

This isn't a matter where one side has to be correct or wrong.

MOST matters in life are not a matter of right and wrong beyond a personal opinion of such.

You think western games are trash. Others think there are good gems, or the market itself isn't as bad as you're making it out to be. Meanwhile I can bounce between playing stuff like Disgaea and Front Mission and modded Fallout and Doom with ease. There's nothing wrong with having any of those views until you start trying to force your opinion that one is objectively better than the other.

There are better ways to feel better about yourself than forcing your opinion on someone to convince yourself it's fact.

>Nu-Doom is good
>indies are all good

Neo-Sup Forums at its worst.

I do agree some aspects of life are matter of opinion but not when it comes to some video games
You can't be a serious person and enjoy overwatch. If I enjoyed overwatch I would know all the time I played the game is trash.
There are games that you like but you know it's trash. If you ignore and insist some games are good just because you had fun with it then it's better to talk with a robot.

Oh great the Falcom shill again. Aren't you tired of shilling your garbage company you cherry picking piece of shit?

You can switch Falcom to Koei Tecmo and the point still valid. And I know they release 15 musous every year.

Have you remembered to thank Falcom for giving birth to JRPGs, Sup Forums?

I'm going to be honest.

I bought Trails in the Sky. You're making me regret that. You're this fucking petty because people like games you don't like and it makes it hard for me to not want to be petty back and get a fucking refund for it.

The bad thing is, I absolutely don't believe Falcom deserves to be an unsung hero. I just got done reading up on how Square Enix completely fucked up Front Mission when the director tried to get it out to an international audience for them to enjoy, even if it wasn't big. Half the games are completely playable in English outside of plot, and those are the ones that DIDN'T come over. Falcom does a lot, I respect them for putting their games on PC and wanting them in a good translated state as well.

Faggots like you genuinely give them a bad rap because you only hurt their reputation with your militant nonsense.

IIRC the genre they invented was the ARPG.

Will they release LEgend of Heroes VII in the west?

>Faggots like you genuinely give them a bad rap because you only hurt their reputation with your militant nonsense.
I'm not a falcom militant you retard brainlet
Besides you ignored my comment saying that neutrals such as yourself are totally wrong because thinking both sides are correct is not being neutral it's just being retarded

You're a fine example why the falcom fanbase is so obnoxious. You are the most close minded bastards I've ever seen ans I genuinely believe you never played another jrpg or other genre at that matter. Enjoy the series you love so much

at this point surely they will (unless the sales for cold steel are atrocious)

3/10 bait

>ARPG
Still a JRPG by being Japanese.
Dragon Slayer was the first ARPG and JRPG, even though it was pretty rudimentary.
youtube.com/watch?v=Aq9-xp8yc80

Dragon Slayer 2/Xanadu shows more polish.
youtube.com/watch?v=QcQpec98nCA

ahh man parralax scrolling is so awful

There isn't anyone that doubts Japan is the best at making video games. Even if you don't like anime games most of their other stuff is great. US could be like that too if they went back to how video games were when you didn't give a fuck about what the 5% of women that pretend to play video games said.

What the fuck happened to Xanadu?

I think part of the problem is also that that the genres the west has excelled in barely exist anymore like RTS

Yeah, worse, you make all Japanese game fanbases look bad with this nonsense.

I don't care what you do or don't like, I care that you're wasting posting space for a good thread full of people talking about good shit. I care that you're blatantly bumping it with dumb shit to keep it alive to keep arguing how you're superior for liking Japanese games and you're totally not looking down on anyone unless they don't think exactly the way you do.

You're a jackass, user. If this is your posting habit, then you've never posted anything of worth to anyone, never "won" any of these arguments beyond the one in your head. You've only turned people off of the games you've liked. And that makes you a cancer to gaming in your own right.

Have fun in your echochamber, plebeian.

>Pathologic
Slavs aren't western.
Plus, how long has it been since this and Rimworld?

women play LoL and Dota 2 because it's just clicking. If you watch an e-sport event it's always paid people marketing the game. Clean haircuts, tattoos, etc. They seriously make you believe if you play 14h LoL a day you'll earn 2 million dollars

>Yeah, worse, you make all Japanese game fanbases look bad with this nonsense.
If you are so worried about looking good and pleasing others go back to neogaf and stay there this time.

Falcom's drastically trying to modernize their franchises for a new audience since Falcom was pretty late to the mid-2010s anime trends and most of their existing fanbase are 25-40 year old men and not children.

This

There is literally nothing that stops you from getting into esports other than grinding and studying.

>tried to like Western games
>purchased a bunch of forgettable mainstream garbage for casuals

Your effort was poor and so your results were poor

yeah this doesn't apply to Japanese devs at all, there certainly rent any recurring gameplay or storytelling tropes that have been recurring for decades nope every single japanese game is 100% unique and mindblowing

what do you want me to buy? Need for Speed? Halo? God of War? I already own a bunch of them.

>not children
Should have worded it better, Falcom's trying to aim for the modern 13-20 year old crowd, since most of their early 2010s games felt very 2000 with it's tropes. They're worried that not enough young people are buying their games anymore so that's why we've seen Trails become a lot more modern, Ys become a lot more modern, and the complete overhaul of Xanadu to be entirely modern.

This must be why every time I was in the vg LoL chat, every other person was challenger.

Except no they weren't they were mostly (90%) low elo and barely maintaned 50% winrates

Falcom survived from 1994 to 2006 selling cheap PC games with a good quality. Then they started to port and make for PSP and their popularity increased with the revival of Ys.

I only want you to stop trolling but since I've replied like 3 times in this thread I have to admit that it's spicy bait.

>Slavs
*Russians

But the thing was, most of Falcom's audience up until the mid-2010s were people in their mid-20s who played Falcom games in the early 2000s, or people in their 30s and 40s who played Falcom games throughout the 80s and 90s.

Not a lot of younger newcomers bought Falcom games in comparison to older fans until Trails, Ys and Xanadu got extremely modernized.

Well only Trails and Xanadu are receiving modern paint
Ys didn't change much except for the party system which some people hate

Ys 8 feels a lot more modern with its tropes/archetypes than Ys 7.
The reason Falcom's modernizing was because their core audience that's kept them afloat is starting to get older and buying their games less frequently, and they realized that they don't have a large younger audience to replace them.

Falcom were pretty late with the 2010s anime trends.

So old people stopped playing games :(
Thankfully I'll be forever a Falcom neet

>Around 10 years ago the US industry was dominating the market
It still is to this fucking day. Literally all the top 10 most played games are western or US made.

>Dragon Slayer was the first ARPG
m8 that's either Dunjonquest or Catacomb.

I think you just proved the point of when you started with Undertale

invisible inc is my waifu, is 10/10

why all indies look the same? this looks like Pyro

your dumb

>People prefer western desi-

I prefer the one of the left.

far far left of the image

i agree with everything you said but shovel knight. It is a well rounded game

>And absolutely none of them featured a story that actually went somewhere or a villain that wasn't holding back.
hahah a fucking story fag. everyone laugh at him.

>Japs prefer Jap shit

Woah, how shocking!

real talk