Not trying to trash this game or the people who enjoy it like most of the threads on here but when does this get fun...

Not trying to trash this game or the people who enjoy it like most of the threads on here but when does this get fun? I played as an archer and just became a bard but so far everything just feels dull? I'm a big fan of MMOs and see this one discussed a lot but I'm just wondering if I'm not enjoying it yet is it probably just not for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/tales_of_adventure/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Every job only really becomes fun near end game levels. You will never have your full skillset until level 70 and SB made lower level jobs a shit ton worse to play with. Catching up isn't really difficult though if you can do your roulettes everyday. The combat does get better and once you get more oGCDs it gets faster.

it starts off slow in the story and gameplay wise but it does pick up later on around level 50+. higher level stats and buffs reduce your global cooldown, you gain access to more abilities that don't trigger the GCD, mechanics become more punishing, and they start introducing better character in the plot.

also, any dungeon or trial you get in the main story questline is a joke in terms of difficulty. if you want a real challenge then do extreme primals or savage raids. they will test your coordination and how well you know mechanics.

It doesn't the only fun part is playing with friends

Serious question:
Should they keep making every new 24-man raid more difficult?
Once again we're in the first week of a new one and as usual many players can''t deal with mechanics. I don't mind if things get difficult, but the people who refuse to learn even if they get told are holding back everyone else. It's partly the fault of the devs. They never balanced the older raids to keep them at a certain difficulty. New players and shitters go in, see how easy shit gets killed, mostly unaware that it is because of everyone having better gear than on release, andexpwect the same from the newest addition.

I had a minimum iLV DRK femc@ in Rabanastre today. Couldn't hold hate, tried to MT and steal have from the other two, never were with her group and died a lot. A lot of the others were like this too. It was a 4-wipe Mateus run that ended for a few on the second wipe by the second boss. We just couldn't take it anymore and just left.

>play with friends
>cant even do that properly since most of the game is solo instanced shit and cutscenes

personally I think Rabanstre is the perfect difficulty right now. it's not brain dead like void ark but it's also not ultimate savage hard. every alliance has a responsibility and you can't carry an entire alliance like it should be. the mechanics are not difficult at all since most of them are blatant repeats from past fights (dps checks, dont stand in bad shit, look away from boss with eye, etc)

there's very few solo instances compared to the amount of group content in-game. you'll go into a solo duty once every 20 or so hours compared to going into every single dungeon/trial that needs 4-8 people

There needs to be a mandatory test for everything that isn't story content that runs people through all the mechanics that appear in whatever content they want to run, just tell them flat out that if they can't pass the test there's no way they would be able to pass the content itself
The most frustrating thing about this game is that one idiot can ruin everything for nearly 2 dozen people

it would be a lot better if people didn't quit after a single wipe

What he means is why can't they form a party and just have one person running around completing whatever the objectives are while they stand next to the npc to turn it in and have everyone get credit for clearing the quest

The MSQ is so long that I doubt he will have friends on the exact same quest as him.

>The most frustrating thing about this game is that one idiot can ruin everything for nearly 2 dozen people
Welcome to MMOs. Where all it took was one retard to wipe everyone in Onyxia or UBRS in Vanilla WoW. Where all it took one dumbass to cause a massive wipe in FF11

>on the exact same quest as him.
That's usually what they mean by playing together, some people get really autistic about it and won't do any sort of story content without their playing partner doing it with them
Theres a guy on my server that has all his DoL/DoH jobs above 60 but his combat jobs locked at 32 since "my friend will get mad at me if I get ahead of them in the story or out level them but they don't play much so I had time to level all of these"

The only people really complaining about stuff being hard are level boosters. They haven't seen previous fights so all these mechanics are overwhelming. I mean just think a level 15 person that level boosts to 60 and then speedruns to 70 by skipping cutscenes and spamming dungeons. If they step into Rabanstre then they will get fucked hard

Bard gets bonkers at 52, but it can be a bit of a slog before that

I can't even be bothered to log in to complete the new content.

This game gets stale fast and it makes me sad.

If anything shit will get easier because of jump potion buying vermin not knowing how a fucking stack marker, petrification gaze, chains ect. works/looks like.

I could pop a vein every time I end up with a lvl 60, full shire gear sprout cunt who doesn't know shit and most of them are resistant to learning and advice so even when they're 70 they know nothing, even worse are retards who can't speak English but play on an English client, you can't even help them if you wanted to.

>be BRD
>queue for Rabanastromo
>two other BRD or MCH
>leave
Fuck this shit. I'm not wiping up to the last two bosses just to fail a roll on the drop I need.

>Not making a premade group with your FC so everyone gets what they want and the queue is instant

>all those people demonizing Fordola
>"she should have just run away from the empire and joined the other mhiggers"
>they try to fucking stone her to death while she's a child and her father dies protecting her
>b-but she's a traitor
Fordola did nothing wrong

She's a massive, stinking cunt though.

Keep it difficult as it is.

If it takes 2 or 3 tries to clear who cares. You only need to do it once a week if you're bothering with welfare gear.

There's auto translate text in the game so the language barrier isn't that much of a issue. But I fully understand what you mean by people are resistant to advice and level boosters who rush themselfs to endgame only to get shat on heavily.

>your FC
But I did.
I'm the only member.

So does she have amnesia or something?

And what does her butthole smell like?

By the time you even reach the new content you would have already invested hundreds of hours of playtime into 1 character. Most people get bored of JRPGs after 40 hours, now imagine doing it for hundreds.

>Another character that gets a redemption arc because 'muh childhood'

These are getting old.

Gosetsu fucked her brains out

She's probably just pretending she has amnesia so she can get another chance to stab Hien or something.

I never understood why people play MMOs by themselves or have guilds with only 1 person in it.

I hope Fordola kills Lyse and gets away with no consequences until 2 expansions from now just like Illberd

>It's fun with friends
>You need to find a FC

Literally the only things that make it bearable. This game sucks so much ass playing alone.

The first two parties I was in for Rabanstre, we kept wiping on Hashmal. I have never seen so many players drop and come in and drop in all my time playing this game.

I really like seeing bad players call others bad when they keep getting killed by pillars and are on the wrong side when Hashmal's arm is on flames.

Left old FC because it turned into a teamspeakwhoring clique. Then the only member I had moved servers thanks to the leader of the old FC telling him that everything is better there (which turned out to be false). Never had the time to look and care for other people. I don't want it to be a zerg FC, nor "family".

>people play MMOs by themselves
I've been doing that for almost a year now since I can't find a group of people I get along with, most FCs I see recruiting are either a bunch of kids in their late teens/early twenties that are meme spouting idiots that I can't relate to or a dead silent group that doesn't talk and only exists to accrue points for the FC leader

The same can be said for all mmos. If you play solo exclusively then you're just playing a really bad RPG with a sub fee on top of it. At least get yourself inside Novice Network so the chat isn't so dead and you can group up for mandatory dungeons instantly instead of waiting in queue solo for 1 hour.

>Fordola still fucking exists
>Yotsuyu has a fucking retarded generic amnesia retarded arc
Literally the worst outcomes for both characters

I haven't run the 24 man or ShinEX yet, what do I need to know about them

This game is currently and quite possibly the most boring MMO in the history of gaming.... at the start. I can't even find another MMO to compare its snail pace leveling to. It's probably due to them only having FF11 as a blueprint which release in a time when MMOs were more like beta than finished project and continued to evolve yearly.

But they have done literally NOTHING to fix the snail pace at the beginning. All these people will tell you how amazing it is at end game but it requires you to be patient and damn near lose your sanity because it is boring as fuck.

I guess I'm lucky with my FC then. They're all in their 20s and 30s and aren't meme spouting kids. Our most dedicated member is even a woman in her 40s. She treats the FC like family like she donated about 20 million gil from all her gathering so we could afford a FC mansion in Shirogane.

>this avatar fag again
Reminder that this guy is a poster from /vg/ that wants you to go to those threads so he can show more people his generic cat slut and is looking for people to erp with and bully him for having a small penis

That's why they made level boosts and MSQ skip potions so if you hate the beginning you can bypass it.

I don't mean they're F, G or J simply playing on an English client. I mean they're people from a country that didn't get a client translation. They can know English language enough to install and get a basic understanding of the game but not to communicate with others or getting what the game is telling you and its fucking infuriating. And auto-translation is useless when there's a Spaniard or Russian who only know 5 English words playing a Paladin and can't understand when you tell him to turn on shield oath.

My FC is a bunch of raid loggers and people who never speak to anyone but one of the guys is super autistic about crafting so I get whatever I want made for free.

Nigga I don't even play this game (anymore) nor do I visit /ffxivg/. fucking idiot. And I was never a cat slut. fucking piece of shit.

Sounds good to me. Thanks for the tip.

Fuck off to your containment board

Coming from someone who was playing GW2 I cannot really stand how lame the graphics are in this game? Looks so fucking washed out.

I don't like GW2 but fuck me could those fuckers are Anet make textures, magical effects just in general overall graphics.

>That's why they made level boosts and MSQ skip potions

HHHMMMMMMMMMMM, explain this. It may be time for me to return if this is what i think it is.

>MMORPG
>"when does this get fun?"
Every time.

God bless Hasmal The Scrub Filter!
Been only second boss he helps a lot to divide people and retards.

I LOVE MY RETARDED MOE BLOB WAIFU

I want the option to kill her bitch should be put down

>do the same boring shit over and over again
>expect people to come back

Get real you fucking hack, the story is not worth the sub every 3 months.

>not posting the full image

>fucking idiot. And I was never a cat slut. fucking piece of shit.
How convincing.

why cant SE just make an evil character, now even this mega cunt will have a redemtion arc

I assume people are lazy and wouldn't read the full one.

>the older woman in an mmo that treats the guild as her surrogate children
This always depresses me, you can tell her home life is just so deeply unfulfilling
Tell your not mom you appreciate her or one day she will log out and never return after ODing on pain killers and white wine

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/tales_of_adventure/

>solly we wirr add morr hausing wauurds

you're projecting too much. we all help each other out and respect one another because we're adults that appreciate each other (free) company. been together for almost 3 years now.

Balmung deserves it.

Gosetsu

it's a flashback, of course it's rehashed.

the whole game feels like Disney world, completely neutered and "trigger free". Nothing really messed up happens on camera, you just read snippets about rape, POW experiments, genocide ect. and then a second later they give me the "villain did X only because he wanted to do good" speech. It's the same old jrpg "destroying the world to save people from suffering" logic.

>Someone posted your webm
Neat. Btw that's on primal. I'd imagine Aether/balmung being twice as salty.

So, if you don;'t buy Stormblood or w/e the name is you will be gated off or is it just for the classes and such? Like, can you do the stormblood raids or w/e?

its spot on, laughed my ass off when I saw it

You'll be gated.

I mean the game is rated T for Teen. You can have some blood and a few rape references. But can't show a Lalas head roll on the floor or someone actually getting molested on camera.

Give it a few hundred hours. Or you can go back to wow you adhd piece of shit.

Example: If all you own is A Realm Reborn, your characters can't to pass level 50. You also cannot access the Heavensward dungeons, jobs, or storyline.

What if you already have HS, will you get some kind of deal or will they force you to pay full price?

N O P A N T S

Still gotta buy Stormblood if you want to access Stormblood stuff. They already have a deal where if you buy Stormblood alone you get Heavensward for free. If you look around you can find Stormblood with Heavensward included for around $20-30

Anyone playing on Odin EU?

I Cleared Savage 1+2 (Deltascape or w/e they were called) and stopped playing because I got bored of the grind but i'm feeling it again.

Main WAR and mostly tank, Saw this friend made me wanna play again, anyone wanna help me shake the rust off and play together?

So uh, what's stopping gosetsu from strolling over to the east aldernard trading company headquarters and telling your pal hancock or tataru he's back in town? I mean you spent so much time together, he must know you know these people.

You must have adhd. Fuck off back to your panda mmo

If that was true, why is there a monthly subscription you have to pay for, urging you to play to get your money's worth?

I would shoot you a friend request and play with ya but sadly I'm on primal. Speaking of friend stuff, I'm surprised Sup Forums hasn't begun doing cross server meetups or requests. Always see people complain about queues or playing solo when they can easily play from people here.

I want to hatefuck her into total obedience.

>Pay $13 once
>Beat all the content in 2-3 weeks
>Fuck off until more content is added

I don't understand why people are making this shit rocket science. The only reason to stay subbed for long periods of time is if you own a house.

ODIN
D
I
N

Sure.

Learn to step away from the keyboard you addict.

>have to wait a week to satisfy best girl again

Can't wait to see them do it for the other flashbacks from 1.0 in 4.2 and beyond inplace of getting actual new animated cutscenes like 3.0 had.

To be fair 2.5s GCD is painful to put up with for the first 50 or so hours.

>you will never mango her pineapples