Hello! I would like to purchase 4 Pokemon card booster packs. These packs will contain 9 random cards...

>Hello! I would like to purchase 4 Pokemon card booster packs. These packs will contain 9 random cards, with the total value of all cards being completely random.

>this should be illegal according to Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5vHHfzGnKyg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it is guaranteed that you'll get an epic tho

Yeah, but you actually get a physical product. Something you can touch and hold and put into a binder. It's real.

Digital shit is already in the game and you have to pay for a CHANCE to get it.

Fuck off man, there's a difference at least with packs you get online codes for extra packs

Yeah, I'm not a fan of lootboxes but this is the clear legal precedent which has been around for decades.

False. You can open 10000000 booster packs and never counter the highest rarity.

Numerous schools banned TCG's for gambling reasons and some places tried legislating them. It isn't unheard of so it's not ridiculous of an example.

>for gambling reasons
You fucking retard. They banned TCG cards because people kept getting in fights over them, stealing them, and they were just an all around distraction. Same reason toys and video games were banned in most schools.

How underage are you?

wat

Except they literally did? I am sorry your example turned out to be retarded.

>Except they literally did?
Why do you talk like a retarded teenage girl, user? Also, no you're fucking stupid. I can't believe you fell for that meme.

>Mfw my schools legit never even said anything about TCGs.

>Buying Evolutions

You deserve to be made fun of.

It's called a TRADING card game.
Not only can you use them in your decks, you can collected them in a binder, there's plenty of people that just collect these like people collect stamps and not even play the game they are meant for, plus since they are physical you can trade your multiples with other people.
Don't compare this shit to digital loot boxes that are worth absolutely nothing.
even if the world would end you could still use these fucking things as tinder for a fire, what can you do with that rare skin you got in your cash grab loot boxes?

>Buying individual packs in general

>Neo Sup Forums at finnest

In every packet you have detailed many normal, rare and foil cards you get.

In loot crates, is complete random. Also they are destroying the western game industry

>buy Pokemon booster pack
>get card that needs an Energy card to attack and needs to evolve from another Pokemon
>don't get any Energy cards or the pre-evo in the pack

IT'S NOT FAIR

TCG boosters =/= Video game lootboxes, apples and oranges you fucking retard.

Member when you just paid for the game once and had everything? I member.

That doesn't make it gambling. Just because money is real and tangible doesn't mean it's exempt from gambling either.

aftermarket can offer anycard to you for the right price.

lootboxes forces monopoly and inflates the value by tampering with % chance

MTG literally had gambling in it early on. It wasn't because "hurr durr muh packs"

Say that to my face nigger.

>spend $50+ on one card
>need 2-3 to play any competitive deck

If your luck ain't good enough to blind pull your deck, your luck ain't good enough to top deck your way to top cut at Nationals.

Just because it's a bad deal doesn't mean it should be illegal.

Fucking retards.

It's called a MOBA.
Not only can you use skins on your characters, you can collected them, there's plenty of people that just collect these like people collect stamps and not even play the game they are meant for, plus since they are on the Steam Marketplace you can just sell whatever loot you don't want or trade it.
Don't compare this shit to trading card games where you spend $9 for a piece of paper.
even if the world would end you could still brag about being a virgin because if you play children's card games and the world ends you'll go the way of the Dodo anyways.

Fixed it for you.

>buy a trading card pack
>open it up
>can trade cards I get with other people
>can sell cards I get with money
>can put together cards into decks however I want
>can even play "illegal" decks with friends if they're all fine with it
>can use my cards forever
>can sell off my entire collection anytime I want

Have you noticed that absolutely no games with lootboxes will allow players to trade anything between themselves? There is a reason for that. Rather than getting a rare card and selling it off to someone who wants it for a good chuck of cash, or trading for something you want, or using it in a deck and buying other cards for that deck... video games insist that you (and only you) must open every rare item that you'd ever want to play. There is no "let's get three of the four I want and just buy the last" mentality. There is no "this is really rare but I don't give a shit, let's sell it to pay for more packs" mentality.

And that is because publishers know damn well that they'd lose a significant amount to sales if people were allowed to trade as they do in real live. So they's just remove trading entirely.

God damn any Lelel variant is crazy expensive nowadays even the regular art ultra rare you pulled

gambling shouldn't be illegal but regulated like it is rightfully done with the official odds being listed as the chance to receive a given prize like every other gambling outlet. why should video games get a free pass to gambling law because its digitized.

>Using all your luck to get the cards
>Not saving your luck for when you're playing

I've pulled two so far. I've also pulled both regular and FA Shaymemes.

I'll admit my luck is probably what keeps me still buying packs over singles.

Except everyone knows boosters are a shit deal for everybody. Any smart retailer would either sell boxes or open them themselves to sell singles.

>Not buying booster boxes

>not buying booster cases

>physical product
>printed cardboard

If you really wanted you could just print your own cards.

Cards are physical, forever. DLC on OverMeme is useless once the game is pulled from the servers.

TCG was banned because dumbass kids trading their Machamps for Charizards

why not buy individual cards? Or structure decks?
It's a better investment

Can you still buy gen 1/2 Pokemon & Yugioh boosters or are they all owned by scalpers now? I mean I could just go to a thrift store and buy a binder full of cards but where's the fun in that.

But you can sell your crap on TF2, DOTA 2, KF2 and many other shit games on steam, when it was still profitable I made about 2000 by trading.

Shit, you guys remember crazy bones?

I got a few as a sample at a fair I think

They should be illegal desu senpai. Card games should all me open source, you should be able to play a free online version where you have access to every card, or order physical cards from a website where they ship them to you for however much it costs to make them and ship them, not an arbitrary value of hundreds of dollars or some shit for a piece of cardboard.

>hielocos

How can you go from bones to ice? These things were traded by coca cola for bottle lids and marketed as ice in Mexico.

There are turbo faggots on this site right now defending lootboxes. you're a bigger joke now than you've ever been Sup Forums

Guranteed 1 epic and 2 rares per pack, can resell and trade the leftover cards.

vs lootboxes that not only don't publish rates, don't guarantee shit and which you can't resell or trade with other people

Kill yourself shill

ok i stopped playing after prime card. Is this op shit normal now?

>One day, 9/10 (cool kid) femanon girl sitting in her desk next to me in the classroom
>"Hi user I saw you have Loot Boxes earlier"
>omg femanon knows what my favorite hobby is, is hot, and wants to talk to me about something I really like. This never happens
>"Do you have Charmander and Squirtle?" I nod as she out some Loot Boxes of her own, she collects these?
>"Can I give you, um...this one for Squirtle?"
>Its an Ivysaur
>Explain to her that her Loot Box is rarer, she doesn't seem to care though
>Offer her both Loot Boxes so it feels like a fair trade
>Time to change classes, but I don't have either Loot Box on me
>"Here user, you hold onto it. I trust you"
>I will guard this Loot Box with my life
>Sit on the toilet in the boys bathroom and stare at it

Yep, they're the same alright.

thats all in steam bucks isnt it?

Yeah, it should be. Does anyone NOT regret buying these things when they were kids? I wonder how much of my single mom's money I spent on these pieces of paper. How many duplicates of caterpie and magikarp I had, I'll never really know. I still have that fucking binder, and I KNOW there are cards that I have 10+ of, and I really ended up with only like 10-12 holo cards, and half of those were from the starter sets.

thought the same lol
hielocos were the shit

Basically.

170HP is just below the baseline average of 180HP for EX/GX Pokemon. The effect in particular is extremely good as you can set up essentially any deck on turn one as well as have a potential out from bad hands, hence why it's $50.

Those have physical value. 1s and 0s dont.

>can literally get real money for them in games that allow trading.
>they have no value lol.
You might as well petition for the ban of digital games in general if you're just gonna be a fucking luddite.

Shilling my post

>get 4 codes to sell online for 4 dollars
>also you have physical cards to own or TRADE or sell to use in your fucking bonfire
>buy 4 lootboxes online
>get nothing I want
>get nothing to sell
>get nothing to trade

It's completely different faggot. Also you don't buy "pokemon the card game" for 59.99 plus tax plus tip before you can even buy your packs.

Please kill yourself

Kids trade loot boxes all the time :^)

You were pathetic. I hope you aren't anymore.

Honestly that shit should be illegal too.

Every kind of purchase where you don't know exactly what you're getting in advance is gambling and should be classified and regulated as gambling, including TCGs, baseball cards, loot boxes, LootCrate, all of that shit's gambling. Don't try to dress it up as anything else.

What games with lootboxes allow trading

>want to get back into physical TCG
>have cards to make good decks
>Im 29 with no car

>faggot that never actually played a ccg/tcg in his life

you get a rare in every pack. and... this is a false equivalency. ccgs and loot boxes are nothing alike.

that first poster is talking some stupid shit, the whole business model is fucked up and these things shouldn't exist

>buy a ptcg booster so you can actually play the game. No cards=no game

>buy a loot crate for some random shit to use in the game and it's the main way to get high powered shit and get ahead of the rest of the player base. Game is still there but now you have to spend money for shit

>open 4 packs
>I just get 4 emotes of Charmander dabbing
>I can't trade or resell them either

ITS NOT FUCKING FAIR

Can you sell Overwatch skins on Steam?

Things are changing, and none of the newer games (or really even the older games) let you trade stuff between players. Not Overwatch, not Hearthstone, and certainly not any new games being made.

Each only has the value others assign to it.

Or are you saying all software has less value than a single key on a keyboard?

>buy a ptcg booster so you can actually play the game. No cards=no game

This is also important because if you want a certain card you can bet your ass someone on the internet is selling it (which is always the most cost-efficient way to get shit you want anyway)

If you want a specific thing in a lootbox? Wtf just gamble more bro surely the next box will have what you want ;)

Whoa...almost like gambling in any form turns people into rabid degenerates... and that's why Overwatch is so "toxic"... and games would be better if we just banned them... whoa...

SJWs please go

You retarded, mate?

I have other stories, like the time some younger kid traded me a Venasaur for like a Haunter. Once the trade was done he ran off laughing like an autistic sperglord immediately after the trade because it had LV47 scratched next to the HP. Apparently that destroyed the value of the loot box and I was supposed to chase after him crying for my loot box back.

Later on in recess he cried to a playground monitor, little bitch. I had to give him the box back. I can't recall what I said to the teacher but I'm pretty sure it was accurate and got me in time out.

Take a TCG like Final Fantasy.

A Booster Box has 36 Boosters in it, and you will guaranteed get:

252 Commons
108 Rares
29 Heroes
7 Legends
36 Foils (of any rarity)

Legends are the highest rarity card.

The biggest games on this list. Where have you been?

From what I've seen they're incredibly cheap

thats a pretty shitty list desu senpai

>needing a car
lol

get generations instead much better cards imo

Don't know how Pokemon handles it, but in MtG there's a specific distribution of cards by rarity per packs and boxes. So if you buy multiple boxes of booster packs you'll definitely have several cards of the highest rarity. If you bought that many packs you'd probably have several copies of the entire set.

Think about it too, all that stuff will be gone forever once OW is gone in about 10 years time.

IT'S OK WHEN NINTENDO DOES IT!

IT'S OK WHEN VALVE DOES IT!

Get that corporate dick out of your mouth and consider what would be best for YOU. You don't have to defend their practices.

You know it would be better for everyone but the company that makes a killing off of it.

Purchasing random pixels in boxes over the Internet which can be wiped at any given moment by the devs/producers has not been around for decades.

>one thing should be regulated so this other thing needs to be as well
Are you autistic? Lootboxes are a much larger problem and should be addressed accordingly. Nobody gives a shit about trading cards, and if they do, it is a small group.

Didn't you notice, when Wizards lost the Pokémon TCG IP all of the cards from when they ran it vanished?

>Ignore the fucking $10 prebuilt deck right next to the booster packs so you can not only play the game but have a decent deck to learn from

Have it your way(tm)

Did you guys ever trade cards on the playground growing up?

TCG mechanics have yet to have a negative impact on my preferred card franchise...although some other shady practices have.

Your analogy doesn’t work. Cards are on people’s own time and they are the game.

When loot crates get added to games it’s like schools mandatorily implementing loot packs of random lessons you have to pay for. You don’t need them and can grind out basic lessons over and over to,get some points saved, but spending money unlocks more rewards more faster and higher quality ones.

You still have the cards and can play games with them, though. Sure, not in tournaments or official play, but you can still sit down with friends and continue to play with your Base Set Charizard if you want.

TCGs weren't really a thing in the early 80s.

Difference is the I'm not buying a pricy console/computer and paying 49.99 - 59.99 for the game in order to be able to buy the cards in said packs before I can start playing. I can just go ahead and buy the packs or even a starter deck and join in on the cardgame.

Hope this is bait because you're clearly showing retardation that even claim you're pretending can be questionable

>You still have the cards

youtube.com/watch?v=5vHHfzGnKyg

>order a sandwich
>Sandwich Artist makes you a great sandwich
>before you start eating the Chief Condiment Supervisor tells you that you can a random extra topping for only 50 cents to make your sandwich taste even better
>you sperg out and tell him that this is gambling and it should be illegal and that they can keep their sandwich
>you keep going on and on about it, your rage gradually increasing and you start screaming incoherently and tossing the contents of your sandwich all over the place
>the Sandwich Artist and the Chief Condiment Supervisor fail to calm you down and call the Bagel Meister so he can explain the situation to you
>he tells that it's not gambling because you are still getting a topping for your money, even if it's not the one you want
>This doesn't stop your impotent rage, and as run out of your culinary ammunitions you start using your feces as a ballistic weapon
>after calling the Bagel Meister a kike you storm off without even taking a bite of your sandwich, your hands smelling like feces, meatballs and Sweet and Sour Sauce

This is how people complaining about lootboxes look.

>Sandwich Artist makes you a great sandwich

Your analogy has already failed.
You mean
>Sandwich Artist makes you something that legally counts as a sandwich

>tfw wanted to get into pokemon tcg
>bought booster packs, some collection boxes, a nice binder
>don't really have enough cards for a decent deck
>decided to try and put together a physical copy of my bisharp deck from ptcgo
>the 9 cards I need to finish it will cost me at least £35
>the 2018 standard rotation has come into effect so it's expanded now
>noone really to play with
>have a LGS
>went to the sun & moon pre-release event
>actually had a good time
>people there were generally friendly, only a couple of super autists
>one fat friendly autist guy with an eevee obsession, had an eevee shirt, only cared about eevee cards and wore finger gloves
>too afraid to go back now because I'd only have the one deck and I'd most likely lose to peoples super expensive competitive decks
>been several months
>want to just buy more cards for that hit of dopamine and the potential collection value

Someone pls help I just want nice pokemon cards.

Yeah, mostly Pokemon which nobody played they just collected their favorites. Yugioh was the one people played, because it was even easier somehow, but the way effects were written was some shit.

The biggest problem is when:
>A) Random lootboxes are the only way to acquire a real advantage in a F2P game. Its an annoyance, but its also the least intrusive of the lootboxes systems. Most TCG fall here, physical or digital.
>B) Random lootboxes in a single player game you already paid 60 dollars for. That is fucking inexcusable. Its even worse than DLC.
>C) When most people buy it because of ludicrous chance of making a fortune on Ebay. That is gambling directed to kids and teens, and should be forbidden. That is mostly Valve's fault. If unusual hats were account locked, i wouldnt care nearly as much about this point as i do.

(This card is always treated as an "Archfiend" card.)

Digital gatcha items don't belong to you though, and the company can shut down their game servers without any repercussions and take all the items you spent money on.

Digital card games shouldn't exist until they allow permanent ownership of your digital cards and allow you to play even after the company has dropped support. It's already possible, but these companies don't want to stop pretending they are god and control trade, price, rarity, ability to resell and supply all in one AND still have the right to disappear with your money.

It's illegal in every other medium except video games because games are pigeon-holed and not well understood by legislators.

Not buying booster crates

That too. That kind of thing on the Harpie lady cards make it so you can only play one "Harpie Lady" even though there are 3 versions.