These things are singelhandedly ruining video games

These things are singelhandedly ruining video games.

>If one more person tells me to get a chair for 400$ because It's a "gaming chair" I'm gonna pull a dissaray in the mandalay

>Early Access games will never release. They are half-assed, unfinished games that live solely off of the hype from screaming YouTube gamers, and that has ruined survival games for everyone. Rust is a good example, as it has been in "Early Acess" for five+ years.

>Playstation Plus/Xbox Live is the most retarded thing to ever have existed. You BUY the console, then you BUY the game, and then you have to PAY to play the games you have already bought, on the system you have already paid for.

>Every single game that exists on this earth can be played and mastered with a simple logitech keyboard and mouse that costs 10$ that you can get out of a bin behind an office building. Still people spend hundreds and hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on brand "gaming" accessories that has 50+ buttons that you will never use, only because it lights up.

>Minecraft/Pixel/retro/indie graphics. I'm not even going to bother explaining this one. It's a cop out for game developers who doesn't have the skill, time, or dedication to create an interesting world. It's not artsy, It doesn't look good, and you will never be on the same level as those who actually puts time and effort into making a good looking game.

>A literal chair ruining video games

You need to go outside now. Take a deep breath.

poorboy can't afford a gaming chair lol
poorboy! poorboy bad chair!

>these accessories are ruining vidya gaem
'no'

None of those things even have hands!

>a chair
>a mouse
>a youtuber that doesn't even play video games anymore

If you're going to spend 400 dollars on a chain, shop like an adult.

>le mature chair for mature gamers
fedoralord

>Minecraft/Pixel/retro/indie graphics. I'm not even going to bother explaining this one. It's a cop out for game developers who doesn't have the skill, time, or dedication to create an interesting world. It's not artsy, It doesn't look good, and you will never be on the same level as those who actually puts time and effort into making a good looking game.

wrong

the fact that you cant explain it means your wrong

as opposed to someone like you? btw not him

How's that walmart chair working out for you?

I take my games seriously, I game hard and I game long. My DX Racer is a perfect fit. I don't care what Neo-Christian Fedoras like you think of me.

all of his facts except early access and ps+ are wrong.
pixel/retro/indie graphics are better than AAA ultra realistic bullshit

Let's say you pin two players against eachother in an online match in a video game.
One of them is sitting in a DX Racer, with all the newest Razer light up keyboard/mouse/mousepad and gaming screens.
The other player sits in a lawn chair, with office supply keyboard/mouse and a big thick early 2000's monitor, on a wooden kitchen bench.

There will be literally not a single fucking difference in how they play. It comes down to the skill of each of the players.

>not lets players
Also, reaction videos can fuck off as well.

>blaming a chair for the "downfall" of video games

you must really be a retard op

and? I'm not defending "gamer" mouse, like you said there will be no difference. If someone wants to play with an expensive mouse, let him play with it. It doesn't ruin the gaming

Keyboards barely matter as long as they support 4+ key rollover
Mice, screens, proper table to put your shit on do matter.
I'm sorry user but we're not going to justify your cheapfag ways for you

It's the "gamer" philosophy, rather than the chair itself. (The chair itself is fucking retarded though).

>Still people spend hundreds and hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on brand "gaming" accessories

Why would I spend less money on an accessory that I'll be using for the majority of everyday for the next 2-3 years than a good pair of shoes?

If it's even remotely more sturdy and customizable then given the INSANE amount of hours I will be using it, I really don't see a problem. Furthermore buying my first mechanical keyboard about a year ago have made me never want to go back. (razer still trashtier)

you're not wrong but you forgot SJWs

>cheapfag
It's not about not being able to afford useless crap.
It's about not buying useless crap, so you can save your money to buy usefull crap.

If you would rather spend a hundred extra bucks on your mouse to make it light up, instead of using that money to feed yourself for the next three weeks, you are the biggest faggot.

>It's not about not being able to afford useless crap.
Cheapfag!= poorfag
If you're cheaping out on something extremely basic like a mouse or chair that youll be using for the next 5+ year 8 hours a day every day then you're cheap and stupid
>If you would rather spend a hundred extra bucks on your mouse to make it light up
Stop with this stupid strawman
Not every high quality piece of equipment is made by razor and has a 50% retard tax
>instead of using that money to feed yourself for the next three weeks
You see user I'm not living at the edge of poverty that's why I can pursue a hobby

Also
>It's about not buying useless crap, so you can save your money to buy usefull crap.
What could be more useful crap than accessories for my main hobby
What else would I be saving money for, after basic necessities are covered

>I like wasting my money on useless stuff because I'm rich
Stop wasting your dad's money underage

Sooo does that mean Old music is "...not artsy." and did not have a lot of effort put into it? some degenerate you are. i think a retard would have even more logic than user

seconded

nice non-argument, I accept your admission of defeat
better luck next thread, cheap bastard

>pixel/retro/indie graphics are better than AAA ultra realistic bullshit
Most cases no. It's really shit pixel or retro graphics. Only a few games do it good/right or even try to have a style rather then taking no effort at all.

>Wheeled office chair
I suppose that's fine for those with limited space.

Are you dumb? Old music still had a lot of work, like old games.
He didnt criticize snesvgames, he criticized indies that make shitty graphics shitty cause they cant make anything better, but call them artsy as an excuse to not admit it.

how about you don't but into what other people enjoy? if they wanna play games with these stuff then should you care? maybe they are more comfortable with it.

This

I'm not Also it's not about being a cheapfag, you have no sense of value if you spend your money on useless shit like a chair or mouse

>instead of using that money to feed yourself for the next three weeks
>every purchase in excess of basic needs is for heathens
>mfw user is a franciscan

>useless shit
> like a chair
What could possibly be more important than my health now and 50 years down the line
Why would you ever cheap out on a fucking chair, the thing you're sitting on all day long
Are you for real

The fuck are you on about?
There is a world of difference between looking at and old nokia phone and respecting and admiring the beauty of it, and releasing a phone today that is like a old nokia.

now how is that useless compared to anything else that functions beyond it's basic requirements? at least you will use your chair and mouse a whole lot more than anything else so even if there is an incremental difference you will benefit from it

Everything wrong with gaming culture is a product of gamers themselves having no dignity.
You don't need to watch or care about that YouTuber
You don't need to buy a Wow themed keyboard
You don't need to pour money into lootboxes
You don't need to engage in console wars
You don't need to read game "journalism"
You don't need to be in Diamond league
You don't need to preorder

It's fucking sad. Gamers are the biggest dupes and narcissistic douchebags

i agree. there's a difference with the vibe that actually sounds good and something that was half-assed (or crappy to begin with)

>there's no distinction between bottom of the barrel office shit, and utterly overpriced marketing garbage
>every purchase must fulfill a basic need like eating, you are not allowed to spend money on your hobby or anything not deemed 'useful' by me, the supreme authority
Why would anyone want to argue with you? You can't argue for shit, and roll entirely on hyperbole and other retarded fallacies.

all in the choices of the individual

>Sup Forums is defending "gamer" chairs
what timeline is this

>hating on Youtubers
Explain to me how they’re ruining videos games?

Nobody gives a shit

Those chair are all about "muh gamer community right", it's gay.
You should only play vidyas in a good ol club armchair.

sorry user but i gotta agree. we have the technology and capability. and don't forget context.

I agree with OP
It's not hard to see which of these individuals have put time and effort into mastering video games, and who the faggot is that moves from the "15 minutes of mem fame" game to the next with only a couple months inbetween.

Make gaming great again.

>pull a disarray in the mandalay

I wouldn't say ruining but streamers have a bad impact on gaming. Shit games like LoL or Pubg are popular thanks to streamers

>aeron
>walmart

user, i know you're uncultured and have no idea about Design or Ergonomics, but come on, at least try using decent bait.

No, Sup Forums is 'defending' getting quality chairs instead of ruining your posture by sitting on a wooden bench
There's no dichotomy between 'utterly basic' and 'overpriced razor garbage' like OP is implying

Communism Strikes Again!

>games I don’t like being popular is bad

>singlehandedly
>things
>single
>more than one

>Every single game that exists on this earth can be played and mastered with a simple logitech keyboard and mouse that costs 10$ that you can get out of a bin behind an office building. Still people spend hundreds and hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on brand "gaming" accessories that has 50+ buttons that you will never use, only because it lights up.

I'm not saying you're wrong but if you play flight sims without a stick and racing sims without a wheel because of this then you are a literal fucking pleb.

and actually no there are some racing games you literally cannot master with a keyboard. most you can but there are a lot of games where precise steering just matters too much.

How many of those are you guilty of?

Individuals make shit choices all the time, and gamers seem to make shit choices constantly

>casual tier streamer-bait repetitive online games are good

Way to misunderstand what he said, dipshit

a lot actually. but well gotta live with them.

>Shit games like LoL or Pubg are popular thanks to streamers
Got any proof for that
Seems to me that these games are popular because people are having fun with them, which leads to a natural spread, with the streamers being a result of that

Enjoy pulling the desk forward and backward all the time

"gamer" culture is a cancer in itself, the world went to shit when "just do what you want and be happy" became "tell everyonw about what you spend your time on".

Same shit that happened with veganism and weeaboos, people can't fucking enjoy shit anymore, they need to tell everyfuckingbody what they're doing, kids don't want a new game, they also want a new mousepad to go with it, and don't forget to post a photo of your new gaming chair in instagram.

i bought overwatch just to realize that TF2 is more fun imo

>because people are having fun with them
yeah, but you can't deny that streamers boost the popularity of those games

I think we need to reflect upon the implication of gaming having become big-business and the characteristics specific to the media.

I mean we all know games engages you mentally and hacks into your brains reward system in order to satisfy a different set of psychological cravings, but doesn't this also open the door for marketing schemes that are waaaay more insidious than in any other media? We've all heard how MMO developers hire psychiatrists in order to increase your addiction to the game through it's progress-reward system, but what about the emergence and normalization of social features, pre-orders and the prime example of lootboxes?

Sure it's your own personal choice whether you want to purchase and support any of these 'features', but already now it's becoming pretty hard to avoid doing that if you want to play the new triple A releases and game with your friends. Slowly these features creep in and become normalized to the mainstream audience. Thing is that their very nature is a way for developers to play on those same psychological that makes you want to play the game in the first place and tries to deceive you into considering the monetization scheme as part of fun.

TL/DR: Obviously it's a personal choice whether to support these feature, but remember that the developers pray on the same psychological cravings that makes you play the game to try and make you pay 'just a little more, for more funtime'. Also that you'll increasingly have a hard time gaming with friends without incidentally support these schemes as these schemes become normalized.

The companies themselves pay these streamers to play their games

People like nice things, how revolting!
Definition of nice varies of course, but you can't stop people from spending money the way it pleases them.

Everyone makes shit choices constantly, its part and parcel to being human. I find most of those things listed dumb myself but you are just using them to look superior.

Try playing wow arenas with a shitty logitech keyboard and a 10 dollar mouse against someone with a 12 button mouse and a gaming keyboard

his reaction time will be way faster than yours and you will be at a huge disadvantage

>These things are singelhandedly ruining video games.
>>If one more person tells me to get a chair for 400$ because It's a "gaming chair" I'm gonna pull a dissaray in the mandalay
It's your opinion, and it sound like you are being teased for being poor and not having the money to buy it.
>>Early Access games will never release. They are half-assed, unfinished games that live solely off of the hype from screaming YouTube gamers, and that has ruined survival games for everyone. Rust is a good example, as it has been in "Early Acess" for five+ years.
Even when most youtubers stop doing that shit, and why are you watching youtubers playing a game and not playing it yourself?
>>Playstation Plus/Xbox Live is the most retarded thing to ever have existed. You BUY the console, then you BUY the game, and then you have to PAY to play the games you have already bought, on the system you have already paid for.
With that i agree, that's why i play on pc in first place.
>>Every single game that exists on this earth can be played and mastered with a simple logitech keyboard and mouse that costs 10$ that you can get out of a bin behind an office building. Still people spend hundreds and hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on brand "gaming" accessories that has 50+ buttons that you will never use, only because it lights up.
Forgot 'single player' up there, but it's mostly personal opinion and skill in this matter, i have a gaming mouse(cheap) that have 2 side buttons and i use these ones in FPS(reload and Aim down sight), Action RPG(2 Action Skills).
>>Minecraft/Pixel/retro/indie graphics. I'm not even going to bother explaining this one. It's a cop out for game developers who doesn't have the skill, time, or dedication to create an interesting world. It's not artsy, It doesn't look good, and you will never be on the same level as those who actually puts time and effort into making a good looking game.
Mostly true, but there are players who like this type of game.

It's a two-way street, or really just the entire dynamic of word of mouth spread
People might find the game through a streamer, they enjoy it, tell their friends to get it, playercounts grow, more streamers appear to get a slice of the pie, rinse repeat
People often insinuate a causal relationship of streamers-> popularity, which is only reall true for meme games like goat simulator getting picked up by a big-name streamer, which leads to a short burst of popularity, but no real growth
For PUBG for example, the biggest western streamer is Shroud, and he only started streaming months after the game already had a huge amount of players

I think you're onto something there. I would say that the biggest difference now from the past is the social pressure. In the past, games were mostly offline and there wasn't this "community" of streamers for kids to follow every day. Games lasted longer too, because there were less of them, and there wasn't a great urgency to "get on while the going is good".

Streamers and lets players are this new unwelcome peer pressure that preys upon lonely kids. You don't want to miss out on all the FUN we're having playing overwatch, do you? All the FRIENDSHIP we're having?

I know I'm an old fuck, but I remember when games were an escape from peer pressure, not a cause of it.
That's why Sup Forums is so shit now, too. at least, part of the reason.

Basically this. It's always amaze me how butthurt some people get when they see people who like to make the use of computer as comfortable for them as possible. In every fucking thread about gaming peripherals like keyboards/mice/chairs/etc. there always be this retard, unironically calling other people stupid for spending their money on things they like.

>Everyone makes shit choices constantly

No, not really. Are you actually upset because I identified gamers as being particularly suceptible to making bad choices? Come the fuck on man.

I didn't even realize, back in the day people used to say shit like "I buy the game 2 years after release, with all bugs fixed and all DLC included at 90% discount" yet at some point it suddenly stoped, I remember it used to be part of the whole "pc master race" argument.

Haven't played WoW in about a decade, got gladiator in the first 2 seasons with a standard 3 button mouse and a ~15 year old keyboard.

Keep being trash though.

Where i follow you:
youtube shills are cancer and i make a point to avoid watching any of them or play any hyped meme games that dont look like something id want to play anyways.

early access, paying for online, worthless dlc, etc. are shameless marketing schemes to drain retards of money and its working, which sucks.

Where you lose me:
its not retarded to spend some extra money on a peripheral/chair that is objectively SUPERIOR or MORE COMFORTABLE to use.

especially if you will be using them heavily.

simple graphics can still produce a very enjoyable game, complex graphics can be done wrong and render a game far less enjoyable, and vice versa, stop being so retarded. simple graphics dont make a game automatically suck, and good graphics dont make a game automatically good.

TL;DR fuck jew shills, but OP is a fag

If the game in question is a FPS, the one with the gaming monitor have a slightly advantage compared with the 2000 one, since the gaming one certainly have a higher refreshing rate on screen, he probably kill even before his enemy seeing him in his screen, certainly if both are high skilled players in the game.

Here's a great example right here.

>He's getting more kills than you because he runs a Razer Dickmash setup with 9000 dpi mouse
>You don't want to be left behind in the dirt with last year's model, do you?

In actuality you can compete with a dirt cheap mouse as long as it has enough buttons, and your ping has much more to do with your competitiveness than the dpi of your mouse.

How can you rubes fall for this garbage?

>It's your opinion, and it sound like you are being teased for being poor and not having the money to buy it.

There's that peer pressure again kids

Someone want to post "why is that man eating shit?" comic for me?
"What are you, poor?"

what the fuck game are you playing where the time between enemy on screen and kill is less than a tenth of a second

>No, not really

Tell yourself that, my man. Whatever helps you sleep.

Games are now mainstream and an industry bigger than hollywood. Gamers are across the entire social spectrum, so what part of gamers are especially susceptible to making shit choices? The weak-willed ones with no own opinion, easily swayed by peer pressure? I got some news for you man, those are not just gamer traits.

It's a fucking treadmill. I grew so tired of that kind of thing. I just knock around playing old games at my own pace now.

>If the game in question is a FPS, the one with the gaming monitor have a slightly advantage compared with the 2000 one, since the gaming one certainly have a higher refreshing rate on screen

That is absolute garbage that you've regurgitated from an advertisement

thats his point retard, when things are moving that fast, having a monitor with a higher refresh rate makes it much easier to track motion and visually identify direction and speed.

60hz - 144hz does make a difference, though you could do just as well on an old CRT since they have a high refresh rate as well.

if you can stand the smaller screen sizes.

Does Minecraft actually look like that yet because that's infinitely better looking than what Minecraft looked like when I last played it.

OP sounds like a faggot my $100 mouse has been far better than the $20 mouse it replaced in every way.

>>Minecraft/Pixel/retro/indie graphics. I'm not even going to bother explaining this one. It's a cop out for game developers who doesn't have the skill, time, or dedication to create an interesting world. It's not artsy, It doesn't look good, and you will never be on the same level as those who actually puts time and effort into making a good looking game.
what a retard lmao

identified the poorfag

its hard to understand unless you actually are competitively good and saw the difference for yourself.

its still just a slight advantage, but its there.

>The weak-willed ones with no own opinion, easily swayed by peer pressure? I got some news for you man, those are not just gamer traits.

Yeah you're definitely not exhibiting insecurity right now over gamers being criticized as a subculture

I've got no time for self deceit about "us gamers" tribalism

>OP sounds like a faggot my $100 mouse has been far better than the $20 mouse it replaced in every way.

What mouse did you get?

I can literally rest my keboard on my lap to play.

G502

OFFICAL GAYMAN ACCESSORIES IMPORTANCE RANKING
>top tier
Chair and Desk, must be ergonomic and thus allow for good posture, you're sitting in front on it for hours on end

>high tier
Screen: higher resolution and refresh rate are a pretty much objective advantage, although diminishing returns eventually kick in. 180p60fps with low response time is a good standard, but 1440p and 144hz are great upgrades, albeit rather expensive due to also requiring the corresponding hardware
Mouse+mousepad: Not that expensive and can be a great boost to accuracy, speed and quality of life while playing. Perfect sensor, ergonomics fitting your hand and gripping style, thumb mouse buttons are what you're looking for. Bling not required.
Mousepads are cheap, allow you to make larger movements while not disorting the sensor, and preserve your mouse by not wrecking the bottom of it

>mid tier
Headphones: Cheap ones will do in most games, but better ones drastically improve the experience, by providing more comfortable wearing over longer durations and better audio quality. Of course you don't need a $400 pair of headphones just to play video games, either

>low tier
Keyboard: as long as your current one supports about 4 simultaneous key presses, it's good to go. Better ones really only improve the comfort, particularly when you're also writing a lot

Situational tier: MMO mice with lotsa buttons, racing wheels, joysticks, gamepads and so on, depending on what you play a lot

THIS CHAIR

>g502
>$100

you've been robed, my dude
I bought mine for like 60 bux

>If one more person tells me to get a chair for 400$ because It's a "gaming chair" I'm gonna pull a dissaray in the mandalay

this
i got a comfy beige luxury/office chair from the salvation army for 10 bucks. literally in perfect condition and it reclines.

Yeah that's good point. I think that's why so many games now implement these social features. Even games with significant single player content sometimes constantly reminds you to upload that snapshot to your social media account or compare your score with those of your friends.

And that's sinister when combined with the lootboxes and incremental P2W schemes. If succesful, they do not only tap into your competitive gene against random people across the globe but also against your friends. When you go buy new clothes, or a new car or maybe a new high quality sporting accessory or even just a unique bottle of booze, then an important factor in your purchasing decision is to impress your peers. This is even more of a factor when considering kids where certain toys makes you cool.

You make a good point about the pressure from popular streamers too. Which also becomes sinister when you about the fact that big business knows this and pumps money either directly or indirectly into these streamers' success. After the explosive success of these EA survival game cash-grabs in the recent years, which are able to attribute most of their success to viral marketing through said streamers, I only see it getting much worse. Investments go where money flows.

Should have gotten a g403 or something, unless you really need all the extra stuff from the 503
Speaking from experience

I don't agree with all of this. I use a $400 chair (on sale for $300). My spine has been fractured and fused and I need comfort.

I also have no problem paying more for a good controller. I like the Bone controller, it's worth it. I COULD play on a keyboard, but it's not fun to me. And the Steel Batalion controller is fun as hell.

Finally, Super Nintendo games can look really nice, pixel art or no.