everything about final fantasy is cringe
everything

think you used the wrong webm.

dun dun dun dun dundunduuuuuun
dun dun dun dun dundunduuuuuun
dun dun dun dun dundunduuuuuun duuun duuuun
duuuun duuuuuun^

dundundunduuun dun duun dududuuuun

X is literally the prototype for XIII. It's where everything started to go wrong.

It's the only FF I put down unfinished from actual boredom. (around Mt. Gagazet)
Then it's MMO-inspired successor 12 killed the series for me for good. (and all the shit afterwards clearly isn't worth an hour of my time much less actual money)

your life is cringe haha

Its alright and has some good parts but plenty of flaws too.

This. But the prototype for a lot of X can be found in 8. But at least Yuna is a lot more of a character than Rinoa.

Not really. If it weren't for the graphics and number I'd argue it was the other way around because there's just flat out more things to do in FFX. In FFXIII you have the hunts, the Titan fights, and grinding traps and that's about it. In FFX you have the monster arena hunts, and you have chocobo racing, and you have Al Bhed Primer hunting, and you have Blitzball, and you have an entirely optional area. Not to mention the world and story in FFX is more consistent even if the characters have their problems. Versus XIII which has an ending that makes no sense and makes even less sense the more games that go one.

You quit at the bottom.
Many bitch about the battle up there for being hard yet I didn't even get hit once during it.
Youtube the rest, but came around halfway through.

I'd kill for FFVII with FFX's battlesystem

Jesus Christ Yuna is Rinoa done correctly. Because both of them are in similar boats where they're very important and the game technically revolves around them and its the love of the MC that's the reason why the heroes win but I really liked Rinoa while I have nothing but vitriol for Rinoa

Boring game. People who say the gameplay is good honestly never play any other jrpg outside of final fantasy

It has its moments. Really that's the saddest part is that there are times where FFX is really almost a puzzle game in its battles. The best example being the fight with Yunalesca. Up until that point you have no reason not to instantly heal every status ailment you get. But in the Yunalesca fight healing zombie actually endangers you because if you do then you're vulnerable to Mega Death which can wipe your party if none of them are zombies. But if you are zombified then you have no way of healing yourself if you take damage. Now you have a kind of tug of war between what characters you want to remain a zombie and what characters you can keep healthy without them being one shotted. It's a fun little thing that I wish there was more of in game.

Yea basically. X and 8 mirror each other for characters a lot. X is famous for the romance plot, but really 8 is the one that started that. Granted in 8 it felt rather out of place.

I will say I prefer Squall to Tidus. But Waka is Zell, Lulu is Quistis. Selphie to Rikku. etc. Heavy awkward romance focus that seems to overtake more interesting stuff in the background even.

Yuna really does have a lot of appeal though and I think that carried the game along side good graphics for PS2 and decently fun combat mechanic. Triple Triad shits on Blitzball though.

I want to fuck Riku

I think a lot of it comes from the narrative. For 8 it was more shit kept happening to Rinoa and Squall had to drop everything to save her. In 10 it was more Yuna actively choosing to throw away her life for the sake of everyone else and her and Teedus having to come to terms with why they should or shouldn't let that happen. You know growing as characters and shit. With that being said I still found both Teedus and Squall to not be my favorites but I still appreciated Squall more since he was less annoying about his growth versus Teedus who was basically a brat.

Now that the thread is taking off, I don't know if I regret bumping it at page 10 with this

With the whole linearity thing kinda but it still had way more exploration than XIII and you could backtrack. It also actually had fucking towns.

The game suffers a huge pacing issue once it hits the Calm Lands. I guess the wild ride from Macalania through Bevelle was a decent enough excuse to put the game on hold for a bit. Still, I see your point. Game doesn't really pick up again until you reach the peak.

Auron was the main protag of FFX. Replay the game. He's literally manipulating everyone's emotions so that they rebel and kill Yunalesca at the end of the game. He probably doesn't even care if Sin wipes out everyone on the planet, he just wanted revenge on the person who killed him and sent his best friends to their doom.

I suppose I could see that. Though Yuna did get taken off screen a lot and in some really random ways for a girl with magic powers. Another similarity too, both female leads are great and powerful magic users of a sort.

>Auron was the main protag of FFX.
Fuck me if only. Yuna's journey of self sacrifice and Auron's failed friend back from the grave plots were so much better than what was focused on half the time. But I think you may be giving Square's writers too much credit on that one.

Same for FF12 as well. All the shit in the background and side were so much better. Now that one I do believe something better was written and left in the cutting room floor but the writer nearly said as much.

X2 was literally 100x better than X

Not really. Auron is basically a walking example of Spira's past 1000 years. People killing themselves for a false hope that was never going to work

My thing with Auron is that he essentially knew every major plot point/twist and simply chose not to enlighten anyone (or only enlighten a few in the "Jecht is Sin" case) with the flimsy excuse being "would that have stopped you?"

In truth, had he revealed the true secret of the Final Summoning back in Luca, the group might have resolved to continue anyways with either Lulu or Kimahri offering themselves.

just contrarian faggots, its the most successful FF in history

kys normalnigger

X is just a 10 times worse VII

I think that was just done for narrative reasons. It was a flimsy excuse. With that said Auron also said that he wanted Teedus to have a real shot at real life. Which he can't really get if Auron just gave him all the answers.