CAPPY
LMAO

any game without mandatory waggle

A Hat in Time

mario 64

>mandatory

Hat in Time

A 2D game

It’s not mandatory, you don’t need the motion controls at all but they work like a charm.

Slaves to Armok: God of Blood
Chapter 2: Dwarf Fortress

Any music game

Someone hasn’t played this game

No pedos allowed

Lolno. Feels floaty, like you are playing as a balloon. Also shit teir voice acting.

Pong

It's mandatory for 100% completion.

This but unironically.

I play my switch in handheld mode and it immediately makes the game worse when I realize that half the controls are annoying and cumbersome to use.

What did he mean by this?

thiiis

You’re just a dumbfuck ain’t cha

No, it literally isn't.

Actually rather clever and true. Some pong consoles had some crazy awesome analogue controls.

>dive is ZL/ZR > wait >Y
I got used to it pretty quickly but whenever I do it wrong or press Y like a milisecond before I press the trigger I get really pissed
why not just have a separate fucking dive button like Sunshine did
nobody uses A to jump

Actually you do need it if you want to 100% it, but only in few instances.

Quake

Mario 64, though I still love how Odyssey controls.

You never have to use waggle once in the entire game.
Also, op's image is of super mario 64

Haha he doesn’t know

No it's not. Its the 64 hat and clothes from odessy

i havent played it yet

>Also, op's image is of super mario 64

user, it's a Super Mario 64 costume in Odyssey.

Mario 64

It doesn't matter that you have to use it; there are plenty of situations where you're meant to use it, and even if it was only ever used for extra attacks it's still annoying to have more limited options.

As it is, if you want to collect coins, do challenges that require wagglan like Bullet Bill, or even just conveniently hit certain enemies, you have to use a waggle motion which is annoying in handheld mode and makes you realize that they want you to play in TV mode.

Haha
It's funny because he's pretending to not know it's a webm
Hahaha so funny
Can you believe he'd make that mistake
Then he'll go APRIL FOOLS
HA
HA
HA

Put me in the screencap

>TAS
LOL

SM64 obviously.

It is mandatory you faggots.
Frog jumping waggle is required for a few moons, as well as Static mario moons since you cant jump out without waggle. Among other examples.

Wrong

Nope. You can just tap the button repeatedly to simulate the waggle.

He's right though. Off the top of my head, picking up the notes for a post game moon, in that arena in Bowser's level. You need to do a lot of hat spins, and it's really strict with timing so you need to do it with motion controls so you don't have to spin Mario first. You need to shake to spin with the bullet bull to reach a certain moon that's inside a block. You need to shake to spin jump as a goomba tower for at least one moon. Probably a couple instances where you have to do the super jump as the frog by shaking the controller. That's just ones I can remember.

Make circle with analog stick and press y. Wa la. Spin without waggle. Did no one read the action guide?

I liked the voice acting

pranked :’^)

quake

64 and Sunshine. Mario moves like sloppy shit in Odyssey.

half-life

He's actually not wrong. There are certain moons that Mario can only get with motion controls. There's a point in the SeaSide Kingdom where mario needs to use a cheep cheep's attack and the only way to use that is to shake the controller.

You can jump out with the triggers retard

Damn..... Nintendo made us do one..... single.... waggle..... They can't get away with this......!

Alright user, you're right, I actually don't find having half the controls in Mario Odyssey be frustrating to use in handheld mode really annoying.

Quake
Half-Life
Classic Doom
Super Metroid at high skill level
Mega Man X1, X2, X3, X6
Good fighting games if you're not a brainlet
Bayonetta 1 and 2
Devil May Cry 3

>it's not mandatory for a 100
>it actually is
>WOW SO HARD
He's still right. It isn't even the only one. You would know this if you actually 100% the game.

>You need to shake to spin jump
nope

What moon are you referring to? I beat the game 100% and don't remember ever waggling with the cheep cheep.

whats so good about them? You press A to jump just like any other game.

>You press A to jump just like any other game.
It takes talent to be this stupid.

>need to shake bullet bill
No

He’s pretending he 110% it

Bloodu Borno

Not him but the only thing I can recall is a wall patched over with 4 bricks. Don't think you can break them without cheep cheep tailswipe.

Still not found a better game with more responsive control than this. Specifically on the Gamecube. Link's broken throw not withstanding.

Did you not read what I said? I said the timing is really strict so you don't have enough time to spin Mario each time you want to throw a spinning hat, you have to shake to throw a spinning hat immediately.

Joseph Anderson pls

There is a single moon that needs to use motion controls. It's the one on the pillar in Toastarena. I have yet to see anyone do it without making bullet go faster via motion controls.

There's a postgame one that absolutely requires you to waggle to reach it in time. Even that's not enough, you need to lure it decently close beforehand.

I hope SoulCalibur VI is on Switch and we get console exclusive characters again.

youtube.com/watch?v=YR6MKEPe6s0

Show me how you can do this without spinning the bullet bill.

What Nu-mario fans mean by "good controls", is that they don't have to be precise on the controls since every move has a massive window that allows them to transition into the next move. And their directional inputs are compensated by the game assisting them by tracking Mario toward points of interest. Leaving no need for skill or proficiency, since the controls are "comfy".

In other words good controls = casualed.

It means you're technically wrong, you little shits.

>reee all motion controls are bad no matter what unquestionably

You never have to use waggle for 100% except for the pillar in the post game in the sand kingdom.

t. Someone who finished 100%, only using waggle for the darker side skip and pillar.

You don't ever need to shake as a Goomba Tower
You never need the higher frog jump
You can attack as the Cheep Cheep by rotating the stick

You dont need to spin to reach it dude.

But you need to be extremely precise with Cappy. I still cannot pull off some of the advanced combos in koopa races because I spend half my time missing the timing for the wall jump into cap throw into ledge hop.

There's no such thing as varying level of "good" in terms of controls. When you make an input on the controller, the character either responds or doesn't.
It's as simple as that.

>nostalgiafags and anti-nintendofags can only find flaws if they poke and prod at technicalities

odyssey has literally everything in this game and more
its a direct upgrade
youre stupid

How do you get the moon on top of the hat building in cap kingdom without the shaking jump? I tried for like 5 minutes before even reading the text that told me shaking made me jump higher.

>this entire fucking post
I don't know what's real anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=YoPsfwJ7ZQw

Git gud

Fuck, I'd never think of that. Nice.

I actually completely forgot about the frogs in Cap Kingdom so I actually got it with one of the paragoombas. No waggle required.

That had some pretty good control IMO.

Also on topic Sunshine has the best controls of any Mario game, it's also the best, coincidence it's also on the last good system Nintendo released.

Use the Paragoomba

Flawless victory

stop using literally. just stop. you sound fucking retarded

I love the idea behinds Odysseys mechanics, and 90% of the time they work wonderfully. But you can actually be too quick for the game. Once you get good enough at it you hit a skill ceiling in terms of input speed and its very frustrating. This same kind of ceiling doesn't happen in SM64 because the game doesn't take the controls away from you to play out an animation.

Here's how you make Odyssey control better:
> Use the wall jump from 64
It's just a reflection of the players velocity off the walls normal vector. It is extremely easy to program.
> Remove as much input delay as possible, especially input delay that is intentionally in place
You lose nothing by allowing fast input. Slow players will not know the difference and fast players will be happy with the increased skill ceiling. No one loses. If you want examples of this delay, try throwing the hand and then ground pounding. Or try rolling and then doing anything else at all. There's a large amount of time where your inputs are ignored.
>Fix the fucking spin jump
There is no need for an explanation here. Spin jump in Sunshine and then spin jump in Odyssey. The former is the most useful mechanic in it's game while the latter is useless.
>Make the base ground movement similar to SM64 / Sunshine and not Galaxy
The base ground movement is not as snappy as SM64 and feels similar to Galaxy. It's not that big of a deal though because you spend most of the time in the air.

>B-BUT WAGGLE IS REQUIRED!!!
retards absolutely BTFO

That's awesome. This is what's so great about this game.

>You can attack as the Cheep Cheep by rotating the stick

Can confirm
Just fly to Lake Kingdom and check
You can also do a pretty useless little boost by hitting both buttons

64 didn't have a walljump retard

Imagine being this delusional.

Practically any fighting game.

TAS or not, to this day I'm still impressed how much freedom Mario 64 gave to the player. Even if the webm shows a bit of the glitchy part of it.

And they can't even do that right

>You can also do a pretty useless little boost by hitting both buttons
I just tried that and nearly died. It doesn't hurt anything or seem to make you go faster. The regular attack works though.