Why do people say this is Nintendo's greatest console when no one bought it?

Why do people say this is Nintendo's greatest console when no one bought it?

Nostalgia, it was just better than the last three peices of shit.

It had Melee, and Melee fags are a very vocal minority.

I bought it, thing had some of the best Nintendo games of all time on it. Hell thing even had multiplats

Because it’s the generation they got fucking weird
Luigi’s Mansion
Super Mario Sunshine
Metroid PRIME 1 and 2
Zelda Wind Waker
Sonic on a Nintendo console
Baten Kaitos
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Smash Bros. Melee

Etc. Nintendo got very experimental during this era and as a result a lot of their games have this “magic” to them that just wasn’t replicated by the Wii or Wii U due to them playing it safe

A little game called Gotcha Force.

>Nintendo's greatest console
No one says that expect for people born in 1997.

Litterly who is saying that? GC was a massive flop.

Holy fuck someone else knows about that game

Anyone played Viewtiful joe?

Where are these people OP?
What the fuck does "greatest" even mean? In terms of sales? When it sold so little?
Are you retarded?

it has all the best games

dis

nintendo was still trying to compete on a game level rather than trying to get a market share by being "different".

Notice how you are the only idiot who doesn't understand the question lol

Sega did weird better during the Dreamcast era. Most of those games you listed aren't even that good....

It's the second best home Nintendo Console.

SNES > GameCube > Wii > N64 > NES > WiiU

Too early in the Switches life to properly rate it.

> greatest
not even close. it was a garbage console with average titles.

>GC was a massive flop.
According to a kiddie who wasn't even born at the time.

Nintendo sold about 25 - 30 million unit. Same as the X-Box. Except Nintendo made a profit and Microsoft lost about $10 BILLION. Flop my ass.

hindsight is 2020 and it was the last actual improvement nintendo made to their console line up that wasnt absolutely mired with shitty gimmicks.
>inb4 wii is the best console cuz not very good motion controls
>inb4 wiiu is the best one because it has 10 re released games and 2 original ones
>inb4 n64 is the best one despite its controller being archaic at best
>inb4 switch because you can carry it to the toilet and use it without washing your hands and not get in trouble with mummy
if im playing a game, im playing it on a dedicated piece of hardware, in a dedicated space. while im outside im not there to play video games, im there to be outside doing other shit.
also the games were just better overall on the gamecube.
also
>but Nintendo was experimental during the gc era tooo :(((
yeah, they were experimental with the games. the thing that you should be experimenting with, not the input method. nothing feels more shitty to me, as someone with an extremely limited range of motion in my right arm due to an accident, that i have my fucking experience being gimped for OVER 10 FUCKING YEARS because Nintendo wanted to fucking experiment.

well it is a good console. extremely easy to use, all the ports are in prominent positions and it's obvious what they're all for, no fussing about expansion paks or controller paks. wireless controller. resident evil 4. you can drop it down a flight of stairs and it'll still work. i prefer the N64 but i can see why people love gamecube.

>Archaic at best
Fuck off newfag.

>hurr durr 3 fucking dicks to hold on to but i only have 2 hands

Because people care about games no sales.

It had the best exclusives and was great at running multiplats too, unlike the PS2.

it has the best controller of any console ever made, except for maybe the dualshock.

No it didn't. Xbox and ps2 out sold the GC. GC was also know for having by far the weekest line up of exclusives. It might have made more money but microsoft and sony dident give a fuck because they are both billion dollar companies and where trying to corner the market which they did. This just set them up to shit on nintendo for years to come.

M E L E E
E
L
E
E

If the GameCube wasn't a flop how come Nintendo ditched it's core audience for the casual market with the Wii? Lel you gamecubefags are so fucking delusional

But the dualshock is ass.

Because the Wii had no games and it's what I used my Wii for.

It was the first Nintendo with IBM PowerPC with graphics equal to standard $1000 computers of the era.

Just because someone doesn't buy something doesn't mean it can't be the greatest console. The cube was fucking amazing and way ahead of its time with its portable screen, in 1998. Think about that for a sec.

I never had any other NES system after the SNES (I migrated to playstation) but in hindsight the Gamecube and how powerful it was probably objectively the best console of that era.

>was also know for having by far the weakest line up of exclusives
Are you like retard or something?

>nothing feels more shitty to me, as someone with an extremely limited range of motion in my right arm due to an accident, that i have my fucking experience being gimped for OVER 10 FUCKING YEARS because Nintendo wanted to fucking experiment.

>nintendo must develop consoles for cripples like me. fuck the healthy general population.

>while im outside im not there to play video games, im there to be outside doing other shit.

>i must be sitting in a confined space totally confined by my console or else it implies i'm outside and doing important shit

what is being in another room.

It comes down to opinion. Some people swear by the dualshock, others praise the xbox controller like its a gift from god. if you ask me, the controller selection for PC is really shitty right now.

>in 1998

Why do people praise fighting games so much? Melee is fucking trash compared to Luigi's Mansion and TTYD.

The n64 and Gamecube may have been "successful" in the sense that they generated profit for Nintendo, but they were both massive failures in terms of allowing Sony to dominate the market for those generations.

20 years from now you will see the same kind of morons trying to convince people that the Wii U was amazing and that Captain Toad was the game of the decade.

Because of its competitive side of reflexes vs another human being. Luigi's Mansion etc. is a completely different thing, that's why.

go play some cod on the wii then if you like motion controls so much

Remind me again how the Wii turned out for Nintendo? Oh yeah. Biggest sellling console of all time? Biggest sales video game of all time? What a disaster. How are Nintendo even still in business?

Just because Sony dominated the market doesn't mean we can't look at actual facts now and conclude with something that isn't based on sales and exposure alone.

>missing the point this hard
The GameCube was a flop and will always be a flop. Stay fucking mad

>Lel meta says its good so it must have been popular.
Plus capcom dicking nintendo hard.

>best console is one people bought the most
>best movies are ones most people saw
>best music is the most listened to

thats how retarded you sound

gotcha force and custom robo are best bot games

>This just set them up to shit on nintendo for years to come.
LMAO @ this delusion when a little toy company is worth more than a mega conglomerate with multiple business arms including movies, music and electronics as well as owning the rights to James Bond, Spiderman, Michael Jackson and the fucking Beatles. What a disaster.

Why do people say Vincent Van Gogh is one of the most impressive painter ever when no one cared about him when he lived?

It wasn't a flop you deluded fuckstick. Ot sold pretty well and Nintendo made a ton of cash. You understand nothing.

many of those musltiple business arms are actualy costing them money instead of making them but I dgaf ive never bought a sony system in my life. nintendo and xbox all day erday

It really wasn't. During the entire period between the 64's launch and the gamecube's end they made bad business decision after bad business decision and really destroyed the potential of both consoles, particularly the gamecube.

I'd like to remind you that you're on a board where if a game doesn't get a 90+ rating on a website and sell at least 20 million copies then it's a flop.

Art is subjective and a bunch of brain dead art majors bought into his life-story hype and pretended his art was good.

It has F-Zero GX, which is one of the greatest games ever made.

>twitter is a reliable news sources
The state of Sup Forums

Not him but he's right. Not everything is black and white. Just because the GC didn't sell as much as the PS2 doesn't mean it was a flop. By that logic the Xbox was a massive flop too. As already pointed out, Nintendo made a profit on the Game Cube whereas Microsoft soft lost billions. Shades of grey my friend.

Them and Sunshinefags. The GameCube's first party titles are composed of mostly sequels that just aren't as good as the originals except on a technical standpoint, except for maybe Melee.

they were literally 5 when it came out. that's it. that's the answer

Serkan Toto has a doctrinie is business economics, is a consultant to major game developers and speaks 7 different languages.

Want to keep embarrassing yourself?

I still have mine. I played a lot of Metroid, Eternal Darkness and Rogue Squadron on that thing.

The Wii was literally just a Gamecube with waggle controls.

every neighborhood had at least one kid with a Cube and Melee

fortunately, my cul-de-sac had 3

I'd rank the N64 lower for the piece of shit controller alone. It had amazing games, but that fucking banana controller was pure torture on my hands.

ive bought like 2 or three of them over the years its cheaper than a mario game

the reality is it flopped and was seen as a massive joke. sunshine and wind wake were disappointing, it lacked major 3rd party titles, it had a gimped controller and no online games

GC might have been a flop early on in the U.S. but it was literally sold out in Europe for months. My parents unironically crossed the border into France to find one. Best Christmas gift ever.

>speaks 7 different languages
Yeah, and? He knows how to communicate the same ideas in lots of different ways, the ideas themselves aren't necessarily good.

probably because you were holding it like a post lobotomy patient

>others praise the xbox controller like its a gift from god.

Fucking who? Ogres? I loved the original Xbox but the controller was always a major laughing point between me and my friends it was the ugliest fucking thing and needlessly large. Glad they changed to a much smaller one later on. Although the black and white buttons were fucking annoying in the revised version.

You a psychic or something?

You seem to think current market capitalization is the same as total net worth.

Also one of the hardest. I destroyed three game cube controllers playing that game.

>he never played Mario Party and had the flimsy joystick snap off stabbing his palm with the steel rod inside.

cod is available in identical form on 3 different platforms, we defo need a 4th right user

because believe it or not, sales don't have any connection to a game's quality.

>Most of those games you listed aren't even that good....
Get some taste nigga

GC fags are just very vocal.

The GC is the worst era for nintendo games, it had the worst 3D Mario, the worst 3D Zelda, the second Zelda was not exclusive and released after the Wii version, Luigi's mansion while good is weak for your flagship launch game, one of the worst Mario Kart and so on.

Only Metroid and Smash were superior to the previous games, and only because Metroid was never in 3D before and Smash 64 was the only prequel to Melee.

I guess F-Zero GX exists, but come on nobody plays F-Zero.

Rare left too, and instead of going away with a hit, they left with a turd called Star Fox Adventures, that reminds us why Nintendo let Rare go to microsoft, one of the few smart decisions by Nintendo in that era.

The "Pokemon Stadium" games we got were worse than the N64 ones and the Mario Party games started getting worse and worse, and were spammed to shit every single year.

Shit controller too, there's a reason it never came back and its now only the "Melee fag controller".

Also while it was even stronger than the ps2 and not all that far away from the xbox, it had the worst 3rd party support most likely for it's weird controller plus it's mini dvd that again crippled nintendo just like the gen before.

I remember the Capcom 5, and the beheading that Mikami would do if Resident Evil 4 would ever get ported to any other system, it got announced for ps2 before it even released for gc.

The Gamecube is easily the worst nintendo console and the Wii shits all over it.

gotcha force

Colosseum and Gale of Darkness were great tho

You can have those opinions and all but
>The Gamecube is easily the worst nintendo console and the Wii shits all over it
to say that you must be completely braindead

if they made so much money why did they have to chase the casuals with the Wii?

>best control Nintendo has ever made
>Sexy Chad cube so it fits anywhere and easy to carry
>had tons of great games/multi:
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Sunshine
Melee
Animal crossing
Best Soul calibur 2 port with Link
Metroid Prime
Twilight princess
Wind waker (wasn't a fan)
Paper Mario TTYD
Tons of Sonic collections
F-zero
Master Quest

I didn't even list all the good multiplats.

Metroid Prime 1+2
F-Zero GX
Eternal Darkness

pretty obvious m8

it has a handle so i can carry it and it had a add on so i could play my physical gba games.

>sunshine worse than 3dland and 3dworld
>windwaker the worst 3d zelda
>metroid prime better than super metroid
>colleseum worse than stadium
>shit controller
>The Gamecube is easily the worst nintendo console and the Wii shits all over it.
dont understand how you can have taste this bad to be honest

Not an argument

you may not have been around back then but a lot of people thought Sunshine was a massive disappointment.

Also, the Wii has all 3 Metroid Prime games, so MP isn't an argument for GC being better than Wii.

remember when Nintendo tried to make a rated M game?

>lacked major 3rd party titles

What are Remake, RE0, and RE4

To add a couple
Pikmin
Chibi Robo