Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-5FTJxfV3pc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>desiring american voices and localisation
fuck off, kid.
>b.b.but muh globalisation world
fuck
off

Why not just go outside user? Live your life a little bit.

I like voice acting for battle chirps and call outs but who the fuck has the patience to listen to every line of dialogue in a 100 hour JRPG when you can read 5x as fast?
It's completely unnecessary and I just skip.

Not voicing everything also makes it easier to edit or adjust or add text and improve the game.

>He didn't read the inb4

Only autistic people even give a shit since sane people care about the actual gameplay

>keeps production cost down!

>sold 3 million in japan

okay...

>Amerifags wanting voice acting in Dragon Quest.
Fuck off. If you want VA play a Western game.

Do you really need to make this thread every other day? I mean how much shitposting does a person need?

>Wanting voice acting.
Why not watch a movie?

literally the first thing I do when I play a jrpg with voice acting is check the settings to see if i can turn it off.

If your game needs voice acting to be good, it would probably had been better to make it a movie.

>>Inb4 It's better with voice acting
>So why not just go watch a film?

You're lucky you're getting the fucking game. just shut the hell up and deal with it.

OP can't inb4 you fucking newfag.

If you dont get the 3DS version you are already fucked anyways.

I can't wait for the game to release so everyone will quickly go back to ignoring DQ, and these complaints will completely stop.

You're using your eyes anyway, is reading that much harder?

Why not just go suck a dick?

I have the japanese version and I'm glad they keep it original with the english localization, not like I will be buying it but still.
Hopefully they will leave the good midi soundtrack instead of the trash generic symphonic suits they usually make for english version of the game.

it is better without voice acting.
many things would've been better without voice acting. Especially cringy Amerifat one.

Easier for localization, easier to fix bugs, and you can cut production costs to apply elsewhere in the game, important shit like optimization. Also; what kind of uncultured swine are you? Text only makes the game flow 5x faster without losing anything.

Why do people need, or even want voice acting in a Dragon Quest?

>makes up a rule to look like an oldfag
pathetic

These aren't the people who've played Dragon Quest before. It's people who taught "Ooo pretty!" when they saw how good it looks on the PS4.

I like what they did with Dragon Quest 8. Sure the voice acting wasn't amazing, but it had a nice charm to hear the voices match the characters.

Not every line of dialogue has to be voiced, but cutscenes and party interaction would be nice.

>DQ8 was both the best and most successful DQ game in the series
>Popularized an otherwise mostly unnoticed franchise in the west

>HURR LET'S NOT GIVE IT THE SAME TREATMENT THAT MADE 8 POPULAR DURRRR

Fucking nipps are truly retarded, I swear. God, fuck them. The voice acting and orchestral music in 8 added so much fucking charm to it. The voices were wonderful. The scenes with King Pavan were so much fucking better because of voice acting over just text.

This. Globalization is a force of evil.

Game wouldn't even exist without nipps. Why can't Amerifats just learn to read and fuck off?

They don't. This thread is just for guaranteed replies.

>Sup Forums actually retarded enough to not want main feature that made viii a playable game
why cant we just cull those with sub-110 IQs as children, you guys are retarded

I disable voice acting everywhere there's an option. By god, I haven't seen good VA in a game in a while. Maybe Darkest Dungeon and Bastion/Transistor, but what else? Nothing else even comes to mind.

>using 1inb4 "actual argument that destroy my complain" means that argument can't be used against me.

That's not how it work bru.

I hope no one in this thread is retarded enough to believe that statement was made about the localization and not the original Japanese release, which that article was for.

Does it have Japanese voice acting and subtitles? I'd prefer that. Western voice acting is mostly garbage.

Cool, they made it. That doesn't mean they're immune from making bad decisions. They also made 1-7 and nobody fucking cared about them in the west. It wasn't until the US branch took a good look at what was missing from 8 and decided to add shit to it that it became such a popular game.

Good. Costs too much money for any actual gain and hopefully leads to a sooner price cut due to not paying Ashley Burch 19million dollars. Though I do hope they have an orchestral score but I doubt it.

VIII was playable regardless and even then that didn't do shit. We've had ages without Dragon Quest despite that success.

Voice acting isn't going to change someone's mind on Dragon Quest. It's a niche game using an old style of gameplay.

>keeps posting the same thread over and over

bot or just retarded? I've noticed this happens quite a bit and it confuses me.

Do you people realize this is basically the definition of autism? You're cutting out as much of the inter-personal aspect of it as possible. Just neck yourselves now, jesus christ hahahahaha

>enable voice acting in trails in the sky with evo mod
>end up skipping every line because i can read faster
Wew

So why not just go watch a movie

Fuck off op.

why not just watch a shitty anime dub?

You're actually an idiot. They changed up 8 for the west SOLELY BECAUSE it has been more or less a failure in the west. Companies don't waste time on games they think are failures. It had juuust enough attention for them to want to try to give it a boost to see how it turned out. 8 definitely wouldn't have been as successful without voice acting. You have to think like a normie. Most people lose interest when they have to read a ton.

It's been such a long time since a big console DQ, they basically have to do it again. Anyone that loved 8 is too old now and out of their target market. They have to cater to all the new teenage-aged potential buyers

Sort of inexcusable to not have voice acting or even a dub these days.

It's a video game you autistic sperg

the fact that I'm not OP really shows how this struck a nerve WEW

Not counting spinoffs the only one that has voice acting is VIII. Did it sell well? sure it did. Was it enough to bring a huge following of fans? Fuck no. The ones who bought VIII were fans of Dragon Quest already, A big portion of the others wanted the Final Fantasy demo disk and the small rest bought it afterwords.

Before I get called an autist faggot I'm not saying Dragon Quest shouldn't have voice acting. I'm saying that voice acting alone isn't going to be the thing for it to sell gangbusters.

Square Enix needs to stop fucking being an asshole about Dragon Quest and release them consistently in the West. Everytime a fanbase starts building up we get another dark age.

I prefer voice acting too but do people really go "Oh I like this game but it has no voice acting so I'll pass".?

These threads are retarded but as a longtime fan of the series I would certainly like voice acting (british of course) and symphonic OST.

Are there any good Dragon Quest communities left? I vaguely recall visiting one forum many years ago but I can't remember the name.

Divinity Original Sin 2 voiced everything even the narrator and it turned out to be the best RPG this year.

I don't know why this made me laugh so hard.

Only other community I can think of is Woodus and they outright ban you for having a dissenting opinion

OS2 sucked largely because of its godawful dialogue

Divinity being good has literally nothing to do with the plot or dialogue.
In fact, the story and characters are the worst fucking part of the game.

Most RPGs would benefit from having no voices for two reasons: first, being the bloated size raw audio files produce, which could be put better use elsewhere. Second being how restrictive VA can be on branching paths in RPGs, which is mostly do to the former reason. So unless you have some convincing voice synthesizer to read in realtime, You'll be dealing with massive file sizes.

If you seriously can't play any game without voice-acting, I feel honestly bad for you, because it means you can't enjoy thousands of vidya that came out before the advent of it, or simply could still, y'know, be a perfectly functional game without.

Most JRPGs didn't have full voice acting until the 2000's and JRPGs have been in decline ever since.

I turn voices off in most JRPGs.

When will SE stop being garbage.

JRPGs are in decline because they are all derivative shit aimed at the lower teen demographic.

>inb4
>argument

Eh, I could personally do without the symphonic. As long as it's not midi garbage it can still be great.

I would rather listen to silence than the shitty english voice acting that is present in every game of this sort. Not one game with this aesthetic has good voice acting. In english that is.
I wouldn't mind that otherwise if I could choose Jap dubs in every game, but that is sadly rarely an option

The Japanese voice acting is just as bad but you can't tell since you don't speak the language.

>alludes to the fact this is already an established idea
Sorry baiter, try harder next time.

With DQ it's either always midi (or synthesized music that hardly sounds better) or symphonic

>why not just go read a book
Some people could certainly use a book a or two once in a while.

are you really this new or is this bait?
lmao this is either cute or triggering

My issue with that is that a lack of voice acting means there will surely be a lot of dialogue anyways and shitty skripted camera zooms and animations to sit through. Voice acting makes it possible to narrate without having the player stuck in uncontrollable cutscenes as conversations all the time. In JRPGs from the 90s you could at least skip text as fast as you could read and didn't have to wait for animations and events to play out very often. A lack of voice acting wasn't stalling progress as much as it does nowadays.

>games need voice acting

>Woodus
Holy shit I visited that forum before for some rips. Do they seriously pull that shit?

>sold very well only in japan

I would rather blow my brains out than listen to more awful voice acting in any game ever.

Literally the only game that didn't make me want to die while listening to the voicing was W101. Unless you can do it as near-flawlessly as that game did than I would rather the voicing just be Hyrulian-tier gibberish.

This, but I also hate having to sit through the constant DOOTDOOTDOOTDOOT sound effects of the text. And Dragon Quest music has never been good. I’ll just play this game on mute.

>W101
Jesus Christ kill yourself.

i havent watched DQ11 gameplay because i dont want spoiler, but original jap dont have VA either?

>july 2017
>what is reading comprehension

No voice acting, and the music's just midis so they can jew Japan by making them go to concerts for the actual music.

I can deal with a game without voice acting. However, I watched some cutscene from DQXI and the way the cutscene was produced, it felt like an unfinished scenes due to lack of voice acting.

What is this, 1989?

There's no excuse in 2017 to not have voice acting. This takes my day 1 purchase of this and downgrades it until this game is like $19.99.

Mordheim.

Thank god it doesnt have voice acting!

They haven't done it in a while but then again they aren't really active.
But I remember a couple times when someone was defending their point of view in an arguement with a well known user there and they just got banned with no warning whatsoever.

One specific example I remember being in 2015 where two users were arguing about questionable Xenoblade localization and censorship in the general topic section. The guy against it was putting up some good points and the one for it was someone who had a lot of posts and was a user for years and kept repeating the same weak points. Pretty easy to guess who got banned.

it wasn't me, my account's still active but I don't post there anymore

This. VA is a waste of budget and development time.

>music's just midis
that's ok. i know dq8 for the west was just an exception.

Cool blog.

Never played DQ games but voice acting is overrated. If you do it well it's like whatever. If you do it badly it sucks and brings the game down. Having great writing is way more important than having voice acting.

Thank fuck. Voiced RPG meme only works in some games. Sometimes I want a comfy classic RPG. DQ needs to stay pure. You don't need voice acting to make a really good story. If the game has good writing it shouldn't matter. DQ9 had some really great story moments that ranged from fucked up to heart warming.

This. Also, dubs are superior, barring just plain bad translation or va., because you can fucking understand them.

>story heavy games riddled with dialogue and cutscenes don't need VA in 2017

Kinda stupid as fuck. Makes sense for 3ds titles but a HD game that bunch if cutscenes with characters only talking through text is jarring

I used to go there too. I remember that happening. I pretty much quit going there because I realized that it's the same 8 or so people talking who mostly ignore newer members. Plus one user there is so fucking annoying.

Because it's usually gross. I was disgusted by Xenoblade Chronicles voice acting, why is everyone British? And why do they have the fucking worst Liverpool British accents

THA POWA OF THA MAHNAHDOW!

>complain about retarded accents as text in previous DQ games
>complain that voice acting for DQ is a shitty idea
What the fuck do you people want?

>bad company/localization decisions are the fanbase's fault
Honestly, I don't give a shit about voice acting since I just mute everything anyway but the retarded accents were a legitimate bad idea.

Imagine how less cringey this scene would be with just text.

youtube.com/watch?v=-5FTJxfV3pc

That shitpost is stale. Do a better one involving a Dragon Quest game people care about.

BotW does not have voice acting, and it is GOTY. Why waste budget on voice acting instead of game play, or design?