Why are these two games untouchables on Sup Forums?

why are these two games untouchables on Sup Forums?

Because they're good.

lol

Everyone know they're absolute shit so no one bother shutting down the shills.

Easy-to-swallow market-tested normie shit.

They aren't, it's just that valid praises and criticisms are shouted down by idiots who only see things in black or white.

>untouchables
breh witcher had daily pasta hate threads for like ayear and a half

>see things in black or white.
Fuck off with your second color shit.

fpbp

>untouchables
they are constantly being shited on, what are you talking about

what's wrong here?

>untouchables
What are you on about? Every single day I see another thread bitching about either game.

Witcher 3's gameplay sucks ass, not the worst out there but it's not good. Also the girl was a gigantic mary sue. I guess that was the point though?

Zelda was structured poorly, no caves or big temples, and they defeat the purpose of making such a dangerous world by giving you your whole toolset at the start so you can skip over the environmental dangers. The plateau was fuckin neat because you had to think of ways to overcome natural obstacles, that whole aspect of gameplay is thrown out the window by the end of it.

guy discovers clues but needs to "find" them with witcher senses to being able to progress

The quest requires you to find foodprints and follow them but the player doesn't produce footprints.

so?

Neither black or white are colors retard

>they defeat the purpose of making such a dangerous world by giving you your whole toolset at the start so you can skip over the environmental dangers.

you need warm gear for -20C snow
you need other gear for +50c volcano
you need gay outfit for desert
you need stamina wheels for many mountains
you need hearts for the master sword
you need the powerups (e.g. the rito air current) to reach some places
etc.

yes, what's the problem? If player produces footprints, you can't find the footprints you're supposed to follow

The only untouchables on Sup Forums are kung pow and Bloodbourne.

notice he was walking over the clues but didn't get the prompt to examine them, he needed to use the witcher senses to "find" them and only then he could examine them

So... nobody on this board actually knows what the word "untouchable" (as a NOUN) means?

Well, there used to be a time where I found the "gamers are all fucking braindead retards" stereotype annoying and dishonest, but apparently, we grew straight into it.

there's no "we", redditor

ok, so what? I had no problem with this part at all, it was easy to do

They're not untouchable. They're alright, definitely not the best in their class, though.

which games are best in this class?

Could never get into Witcher 3. The combat was too floaty and unresponsive for me.
I enjoyed Zelda but I wish there were actual dungeons. Also hated weapon durability. And a lot of the Shrines were filler.
Overall both are very overrated and hardly "untouchable"

IT'S NOT REALISTIC CAUSE I HAVE TO CLICK A BUTTON SO THE GAME CAN CONFIRM I SAW THAT SHIT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT'S FUCKING SHIT
or something like that

>which games are best in this class?

Minecraft.

its not a "its easy or not", its a "why can't i examine the clues without the witcher senses, i'm standing right over them"

Can someone remake this image but with Witcher 3 at 4k and BotW at whatever native resolution it runs, to scale?

fpbp but aren't they the "most touched" though considering all the shitposting surrounding the two of them?

Because both fanbases are delusional shills that will claim spin2win combat doesn't exist.

They are popular and made memes.

So they are shit in the opinion of buttfrusted niggers on Sup Forums who like to sjitpost.

Also there was a specific person who posted threads about how shit WItcher 3 will be months in advance.
Every day he visited Sup Forums and said how the game will bomb, how shit it will be and how critics and fans will be dissapointed.
The game got the most GOTY awards and the specific shitposter never recovered and in his fit of rage he started posting even more threads about how shit Witcher 3 will be.

BotW on the other hand is the GOTY this year and Sonybros dont like this fact

OK, let me correct myself.
YOU.
YOU FUCKING RETARDS PROVED YOURSELF TO BE BRAINDEAD BEYOND ANY MEASURE.

Better?

Why are you a faggot that shits on games just because they are good, popular and well liked?

Are you trying to fit in on this anonymous memes and frogposting board?

>and BotW at whatever native resolution it runs, to scale?

sorry sweetie ;-))

>why do I have to use one of the games core mechanics

>notice he was walking over the clues but didn't get the prompt to examine them, he needed to use the witcher senses to "find" them and only then he could examine them
I did my re-checking only recently, so maybe this was a real issue in some earlier versions of the game, but actually you do not need the witcher sense activated to prompt any of the cues except for the olfactory ones in newer builds. I'm pretty sure you did not need them for most of them even back when the game just freshly came out.

The quest and cue system is still not great, but absolute majority of the cues can and will be activated by mere sight, and the video displays a bug. You can solve most of it without ever activating the Witcher senses.

Actually, the one thing that was driving me crazy is the inconsistency of "everything can be solved by just paying attention EXCEPT for the smell cues" - the amount of effort that went into actually making proper environmental cues allowing you to avoid use of witcher sense is obvious, and makes those few, rare, but unavoidable moments when the game uses this sole otherwise-undetectable cue infurriating.

Nintendobabies are getting desperate. Your turn.

>nintendo babies
> 4k

I'm a pc fag, and botw runs at 4k.

In fact I don't like Nintendo but botw is game of the year for me, and I dropped TW3

to be fair unless you see a smokeish trail (unrealistic) or the character comments about it (more realistic) (you) have no way of knowing of the smell.

That is mostly true. There are also some other possible ways to go around it, but they do mostly involve additional U.I. elements requirement which may not be desirable.

However, it makes me wonder if the whole use of smell should have not been removed (or should have not been implemented to begin with) instead. This should have been actually sorted out in much earlier stages of design.

>pic
how is this meme pic called?
I saw a Persona 5 edit once and can't find it.

Selfie

Sounds like that's a poor mechanic to put in a game then.

I don't really care about Witcher but I will continue to criticize BotW for its many flaws, fuck the fanboys. Decent game with some neat ideas but not even remotely a masterpiece. Not even GOTY. Not even the best Zelda. If the sequel doesn't learn from BotW's mistakes I will probably write off the series for good, or at least just stick to the 2D games (god willing they still make those).

Unless they add in elements from them for future games, the OOT - SS style will be my preferred 3d Zelda style. BOTW is too big with too little.

Because Sup Forums is a Reddit hivemind
Those games are both clearly flawed, though only Witcher I can speak from personal experience on

i think it can be implemented correctly in a the smell is getting stronger/fainter kind of way, but overall unless it's a really pungent smell (and even then its useless if the wind is against you) you're not tracking anything by smell on open land
never said it wasn't.

I can deal with the unrealistic aspect of it (yeah, it's somewhat bizarre that you can track by "direct line of smell" in the outside, in windy, rainy conditions etc...): there is an aspect of suspension of disbelief that can account for that.

What I dislike is design inconsistency. It goes like this:
The game presents with with a controversial tool: the Witcher sense, which essentially simplifies parts of the gameplay to an extreme. Now - "objective" criticisms aside, I just personally really don't like it. I don't want to use it. I want to test my own perception and attention to detail.
HOWEVER: I soon discover that the game also goes out of it's way to accommodate me. They actually take the time and care to make assets and adjust the environment so that (while it's much harder), you can actually find the cues by naked eye if you try, making the Witcher sense just an option, rather than a necessity forced on me.
So that is cool!
But then, with little to no warning, every 1 out of 15 cues IS invisible, and DOES MANDATE the use Witcher sense, and partially invalidating both my choice to avoid using WS, as well as their own work put into making it mostly optional.

And that is just frustrating. It's definitely not game-breaking bad (I actually do still love TW3, all it's flaws and issues aside), and you could argue "It's better than making Sense mandatory at all times, right?", but still. They should have gone all the way either way: make the sense mandatory at all times, or never.
This "optional 90% of the time, but suddenly mandatory with little or no warning in the remaining 10%" is just frustrating to me.

It's still a relatively small gripe. But yeah, it's not a good design choice.

>playing interactive books and movies
Someone ples explain. What is the "game" part of Witcher 3? The sub par combat? the 5-10 minutes of running between markers? or the "amazing" 5-10 minutes dialogue with every character?. It's just a super slow movie that takes multiple hours to finish instead of 2.

Because while they are flawed games most of the criticism of them is shit

Like the Jim Stirling Zelda review the game is probably a 7-8/10 but his review was a protest review and just contrarian as fuck. their are valid criticisms but he just wanted to shit on it because its popular.

Really both games have issues but the issues for the most part dont actually make the games unplayable if you are a fan of the genre they are in. The issues atleast in my eyes are ones that just spoil the game a little bit because you just wish they were better. either more polished, more balanced, or just changed a little bit to fit what you would see as perfect gameplay. More disappointment than anything really

this image makes me feel really bad for some reason.

fpbp

you need to get out

>If player produces footprints, you can't find the footprints you're supposed to follow
ah, yes just like real life