Well it only took like 6 fucking years but iconoclasts finally has a release date and a new trailer...

well it only took like 6 fucking years but iconoclasts finally has a release date and a new trailer. anyone else looking forward to it? youtube.com/watch?v=FnUN19xGIzU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MGIWGjyfXF4
youtube.com/watch?v=ZfISI9biqvw
64.91.255.7/forum/showpost.php?s=92f31e6be4b6e66670eb18173afd307f&p=250572224&postcount=31
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I can't believe this shit is actually coming out finally.

It's the only game I'm currently looking forward to.

Well, that, and Arika's Fighting EX Layer.

>I lived long enough to see Iconoclasts come out
Hard to believe it, really.

Why should I be excited for this again, doesn't look like something I've never seen before

>excited for random weebshit
figures. Dont you ever look in the mirror and get depressed at your shit taste?

>
>>excited for random weebshit
>figures. Dont you ever look in the mirror and get depressed at your shit taste?

>duck fayce niggerlips
Put it back in the stove for a couple more decades.

I thought it was ded. Glad to see otherwise.

because it's good pixel art in a time when pixelshit is standard, and it's by someone who's made fun games before so it'll probably be good in addition to looking niceunlike owlboy

I take it you never played Street Fighter EX.

>that horrid artstyle

yeah... no.

ABOUT FUCKING TIME.

I hope r34 will be great

yeah I really don't care for his traditional art style, especially since she doesn't look like that at all in game

I've seen better pixel art, even recently, so not really a reason to get excited, and I don't know if one more game he made is gonna change that either

Owlboy's problem was more in the simplicity of combat, repeating visuals due to areas being too large and mess of a story. The game was still quite pretty, but that is diminished by the number of cave corridors you actually go through.

oh yeah the game looked great, I was just bored for most of it

>doesn't look like something I've never seen before
That's because you're a newfag.

Not that I care about your unsolicited opinion, but having seen enough games to determine what part of a particular game is from what other game that came before doesn't sound too newfag to me

>the irony of this post
Damn dude.

I played the game at release, and I like the main artist's work behind it, but I won't lie that the game as a whole just wasn't very good.

They could've helped that a bit by lowering the price, but the damage was already done.

So is it a metroidvania? If so no thanks

Should be just about time for him to scrap everything and start over or drop the project entirely.

Something like that. To what extent, I don't know. If I recall correctly the developer's favorite metroid is Fusion, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's more like that.

yeah I'd been following it for years so at the very least I got it with their early preorder discount thing, but still it cost too much for how little game there was. it had moments where it seemed like the gameplay was going to go somewhere with juggling gunners and puzzle objects and shit, but it never did

Looks like ass, is it an sjw game?

Wait is that the chick from the Necrodancer

From what I understood, they had to scrap and start over a couple of times too, since at some point in development the gunners weren't mandatory to find. Maybe they should've just realized early on that you need to do something more special if you want to have a character who can fly freely. Even Demon's Crest doesn't allow gaining height while flying just to make platforming a bit more interesting.

I dunno, I think they have the same haircolor.

This actually heavily predates Necrodancer, but no, it's not.

Ah yes, my mistake.

It's not often you see blonde+red

Let's not celebrate prematurely. You could still die before it's released.

auburn?

>Western indie shit #1231556112031293
N O

T H A N K S

I actually said that before looking.
I hope not.

>Either I heard about it once and forgot about it or haven't heard about it until know.

Looks like owl boy except more complete and with a bunch more bosses.

Oh haha I get it now I know why some of you are shitting on the game hahaha.

This thread is ass, is it an sjw post?

>If I recall correctly the developer's favorite metroid is Fusion
Ah, a man of taste I see

He even made a video on it in 2011 youtube.com/watch?v=MGIWGjyfXF4

Noitu Love 3 when

>20+ bosses
God yes
Any word on the price? I'd insta-buy it at $16 but it's probably going to be $20.

>newfigs never heard of noitu love or legend of princess
I mean this in the politest of ways: Please lurk more.

Why is it 2017 and we're still getting indie pixel games? How has this not been memed out of existence?

Played this one recently, man you guys were right when you kept recommending it a few years back.

confirmed $20 on twitter. might have an early discount tho?

When is this coming out?

it's literally in the op image you illiterate ape

looks extremely tumblr-y, no thanks. yuck

>$20
Here's hoping it's good.

>Why is it 2017 and we're still getting indie pixel games?

Because they keep selling well enough so the devs can make a decent living out of it, and sometimes they are so succesful and they sell so much the dev(s) become small millionaires like Toby Fox, also just because they don't catter to your particular tastes doesn't mean they shouldn't exist

>How has this not been memed out of existence?
>memed

>looks extremely tumblr-y, no thanks. yuck
>tumblr-y

Meaningless buzzwords

go away tumblr

there's no need to be rude bruv I was just asking since it looked interesting to me

5 years ago this would sell great, but today I'm afraid it might get lost in the indie flood of crap

This is a good fucking start for 2018!
I'm glad it's finally coming out

>everyone always talks about noitu love and legend of princess
>mfw my favorite is chalk
he was even apparently working on a chalk HD, but he scrapped it (big surprise). at least he released the like two levels he had of it

>noitu love or legend of princess
I genuinely never heard of those games. I think I have been disconnected of 2D games since a long, long times.

GOTY 2018
EVERY OTHER GAME BTFO
HOLY SHIT

here's a 3 year old video (holy shit it's been three years already) of one of the bosses in the trailer if people want to get a better idea of what the game looks like youtube.com/watch?v=ZfISI9biqvw

are you one of those ''special'' people i've been hearing about?

>not in Switch
I guess I can dust off my vita but damn.

Jesus christ, I forgot this was a thing.

Where you've been hearing that, your doctor?

>Switch
Is there a way to port it? What engine they used, in first place?

And then the nose looks like this ingame

You seriously have to have come here at around 2015 with the rest of the dipshits if you've never heard about it.

>sand"""burg"""
Nice jew game

I don't like that artstyle BUT HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT IS SOME DEDICATION

>ingame
>show's a trailer only animation
What did he meme by this?

If it's coming to PS4 and Vita I can't see how it couldn't be ported to Switch with relative ease. He recently released Noitu Love 2 on both Wii U and 3DS so I'm sure this'll come to the Switch later.

i really do wish Sup Forums would leave. Sup Forums was fun once

Sup Forums really wishes gaffots would leave

>6 years
Nothing should take that long.

I can't believe the dev is still alive.
I can't believe I'm still alive to see this.

lel?

What a time to be alive.

Isn't it a 1 man effort? Give Konjak a break.

Believe it or not but well done pixel art does have an appeal to it.

It's a one man team who had to make money to support himself while developing a game with simultaneous release for PC, PS4, and Vita. Fuck off.

The porting job was handled by another guy, so Konjak only really had to focus on making the PC version work himself.

I know about the dev being a sjw neofaggot.
This game is $1 humble bundle tier worth.

Just replayed Legend of Princess after watching that trailer. That game is full of great moments
>The wallmaster what steals the cube
>The hyper-fast Phantom Ganon rally
>Down-stabbing Dark Link
I'm glad Iconoclasts doesn't operate on a control gimmick like Noitu and Chalk because his bosses are great.

Owlboy sold over 180k copies on Steam alone and those guys' only game before that was a sorta average mobile game. It should be fine.

"Waaah muh politiks" - You

>I know about the dev being a sjw neofaggot.
[citation needed]

Still a one man team making the game who then has to pay a guy to port it all while making money to live life.

Are you trying to tell me the sound, animation, gameplay, scripting was all done by one guy?

Poor bastard has been through a lot, I don't blame him.

I used to post there so I've seen many examples. Just google or something.
64.91.255.7/forum/showpost.php?s=92f31e6be4b6e66670eb18173afd307f&p=250572224&postcount=31

Yeah, the only thing not done by him was the porting of it to other consoles and handhelds.

Yeah, just pointing it out.

I miss sprites so much

Yes.

>Laughing at minorities
>SJW

Did you read the post?

Exactly

Is Konjak the closest thing the west has to a Pixel? also what country is he from I actually have no clue

Are you brain dead or does the word "diversity" trigger your brainlet cells?

Konjak's a swede.

Sweden yes.