Why is the vast majority of western weapon/armor design in medieval styled RPGs so poorly designed and ugly...

why is the vast majority of western weapon/armor design in medieval styled RPGs so poorly designed and ugly? why are japs so much better at designing sensible western weapons and armor than the actual western developers? even the fantasmal dark soul boss weapons are better designed.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_in_video_gaming
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because the west these days just copies WoW's art style instead of taking inspiration from real armor or classic fantasy design and aesthetics.

>Warcraft
>Medieval

Kek
Also Tier 10 DK is sweet, all From artists do is rip off European culture

Look up the difference between high fantasy and low fantasy

That's fantasy you retard
they could give him a chainsaw if they wanted

you're using the term "rip off" really loosely here

Dark Souls is high fantasy

if you're implying that dark souls is low fantasy, you're wrong. the world of dark souls is built by gods and giants, it's the human pygmies who are out of place.

That armor looks like Sir Alonne before he turned into a weeaboo

>all From artists do is rip off fighting fantasy
fixed that for you

Wait, isn't wow supposed to be a cartoonish inspired game? And most of the people worked on warhammer, of course it's going to be tolkien as fug.

>stealing noses was considered obscene back then

epic thread
epic for the win!!!

if tolkien saw those designs, he would shit himself from how bad they are

Dark souls weapons and armor is based off European armor and weapons, and everyone in dark souls is white. What does it mean by "made by non-white people"?

>Comparing grimdark Souls to cartoony Warcraft

Really nigga

implies that japs are more faithful to historical design than westerners are

I don't get it either. They should all be as scantily clad as possible, with absolutely godly physiques. Give us peons something to aspire to.

now compare grimdark souls to grimdark lotr... still same shit

Not really, no.

>Warhammer and Warcraft
>even remotely Tolkein in aesthetic
How stupid can a person be?

By "westerners" you mean americans right?

Not really, Id say LOTR has way more realistic and effective designs while still maintaining that fantasy aesthetic. Sans a few designs likke the fuckhuge flail mace from the movies.

You know warhammer has a medieval setting right user? heavy inspired by tolkien? I know you wouldn't type random shit on the internet.

I'm sick of the overused world of warcraft cartoon aesthetic.

>56%
>white

How about a game made by actual white people?

Friendly reminder

lore wise it's Tolkien, aesthetics wise, it's an 80s animated cartoon based on a line of toys.

Yeah DS design looks way better
Probably one of the best art design in currently industry

compared to dark souls and wow, that realistic game you posted lacks any fantasy elements

Japan thinks regular armor is impressive

Japan has nosports

And?

>Dark Souls: Medieval Fantasy
>World of Warcraft: High Fantasy

now go back 2reddit

it is when you're comparing it to armor that is more akin to a child's halloween costume than anything worth using

dark souls is high fantasy, or more precisely, dark fantasy

It's just a new world thing. American/Canadian devs have no idea how to make an armor design suited for fantasy without turning it into a fisher-price plastic looking mess. It's not even a realism thing. Pic related lacks realistic armpit protection, for example, but it's an effective and fanciful design.

>muh realism in a fantasy game
Just stop.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_in_video_gaming
meme pictures don't make you right

Yes.

why do westerners hate good looking historical armor? why do they always have to make them look like toys?

dark souls is both medieval and high fantasy

>2k18
>2018
What the fuck is the point of using k if it doesn't shorten the entire thing

Someone post the chink in the armor.

>slavs
>white

still is in some countries

Someone post the dragon one.

Sorry, what was that Weeb?

Kek'd

so people can easily see that it's a 2K developed game and not EA

And the ones on the left sold way more. That's pretty fucking pathetic.

There probably aren't very many black people at all on the dev teams though. Representation in business and such is skewed in america, more blacks are jobless or do lower labor stuff

oh i'm an idiot

Oh shit, I've never actually noticed that

>no American games
>mainly Japanese games
What did he mean by this?

>MMO
>medieval

56% is more than 0%

>Everything must be realistic and fit my definition of "good"
You sound like a neofag SJW

retarded

dragons aren't even real you dumb minge

Mech Fantasy sounds rad

>thread

This thread needs more armor.

So are skeletons

I blame Warhammer Fantasy, and then Warcraft for copying Warhammer Fantasy.

Games Workshop wanted to create intimidating fuckers in armor that is melded into their skin with humongous pauldrons, and Blizzard wanted to make their ENTIRE franchise with that armor. Now everybody wants to copy it.

>neofag SJW
what does that even mean you fucking retard?

it means "thing I don't like"

>holes and tears in the exact same spots
Jesus, just how lazy are Bethesda?

>sales determine the quality of the product
It's not my fault westerns fall for flashy trailers and only buy yearly rehashes.

I love Japanese games, but there's some retarded armor in their games too. Shit that isn't practical or realistic

right looks better

"thing I don't like"
did user upset you because he was making fun of WoW's shitty armor design? it's an opinion, get over it.

As long as it looks cool its okay

>6 of the 8 American games are on PC
>only 4 of the 12 Japanese games are on PC

What did Japan mean by this?

Blizzard/Games Workshop design is so fucking ugly.

It's not about practicality, realism, or how retarded the armour is. It's just ugly as sin. I don't know what people see in it.

Japan is only just now starting to figure out how computers work.

god it hurts, it hurts so fucking bad

I think you might actually be retarded or at least lack basic reading comprehension...

>300 years where they just put cloth over the chainmail

>Americans
>actual white people
t. 56%

Fashion is always the next logical step up.

>I don't know the difference between medieval fantasy and high fantasy

Why are weebs so fucking stupid?

pics/threads like this just make me realize how bad i want to live in the middle ages. Chivalry, women in a more beneficial place for society, combat that favors the mind over unintelligent meatheads like today. fuck.

>you will never be a knight in the middle ages

you realize we're not even 300 years old yet, right? we literally didn't exist in the medieval era.

Fucking who copies WoW's art style?

Well i'm just gonna' start posting armor from games I like.
I always thought Dragon age had some pretty nice armor.

This thread is the kind of thing weebs do with their spare time. They don't get girls, they don't get laid, they get (you)s.

Ameriniggers are not white, games developed in Europe (where actual white people, not Jamal "My great-grandpa was born in Ireland" Sanchez "white" people, are born) have perfectly good armor. Amerifats are just too stupid to appreciate good art direction.

>wuh-wuh-wighter dan yoooo, Muhammad

>listing Metroid in japanese when Mercurystream is spanish

german a best