Switch

Anons who have bought the Switch: do you regret your decision? I'm thinking of getting one soon. I owned a Wii U but barely used it and don't have much time in general for vidya anymore, but the Switch looks interesting.

How is Xenoblade 2?

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/switch/metascore
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SEETHING

The WiiU was as close as I have come to "regretting" a Nintendo console purchase but even that had enough games to be worthwhile. The Switch has pretty much eclipsed the WiiU in its first year alone.

Just bought one last week and I'm pretty happy about it, but I'm casual as fuck. I also played my Wii U fairly often.

Bought it just for XC2. I'm having fun with it so far. The only thing I'm honestly not too happy with is how stupid the store is, because I can't figure out if there are barely any games to purchase, or if it's just bad store design. I could have sworn that the Switch had way more games. Other than that I'm pretty happy with my purchase. I plan on picking up Mario Odyssey soon.

It's pretty damn great being able to play console quality games in bed. The library is pretty great too. You already have some high scoring exclusives, and already more multiplats than the Wii U has ever gotten.

Bought one about two months ago. It's become my primary console. 85 hours on Zelda, 55 on Splatoon 2 (and still playing regularly), 25 on Xenoblade so far. It's a great machine.

I fucking hated the Wii U but the switch is alright. Be sure to follow the 5 game rule though (five games you would be willing to pay RRP for)

I’d recommend searching as games kind of drop off the store after a while if not in the top 20

OP here, thanks for the mostly good replies. One more thing: which color is more patrician? Neon or gray?

The store is shit, they list games newest first instead of by score or best selling. Check Metacritic instead

metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/switch/metascore

Currently just have Mario Odyssey for it, enjoying it greatly. Pretty good investment imo

gray

t. Neon owner

there is a best sellers option

gray. Neon makes it look like a child's toy.

what is splatoon?

sweet, thanks guys. and i feel ya, my ps4 is literally collecting dust right now

>do you regret it
No. Not at all. Even if I did i could resell it for near face value a year from now.
>xenoblade
Don't care for anime garbage. BOTW, Mario Odyssey and Arms are wonderful though. Got Mario kart 8 as well since I never owned a wiiu.

Best console I have bought so far. Every previous console I have bought has been halfway through their respective generations, or near the end of it. I skipped the entire xbox one/ps4/wii u gen too.

The eShop layout is easily one of the most annoying things about the Switch. You wouldn't be able to find good games just going by their curated top bestsellers/latest releases. You'd literally have to use an outside source to see the full list of games on the eShop, then manually search the games yourself. If they did something like "recommended for you" or list genre categories, and give price ranges/user ratings, then it would be a lot better.

fuck off, frog poster

>faggot friend is too anhedonic to enjoy amazing vidya
>bought Switch off him for 200 bucks
>gave me Odyssey with it
>mfw I get to play the best game of the decade because my friend needed money for weed

Pretty fuckin dank so far boys, gonna start BoTW once the semester ends

i'm waiting for the DLC for botw

fucking newfag detected, please kindly kill yourself at your nearest train station, thanks

DESU it's worth it to me just so I can take it with me when I visit my grandparents. I've only played SMO and BOTW and they're both good but flawed. I'm really looking forward to SMT5, Pokemon, and Metroid Prime.

Once AAA third party support becomes more prominent it will be my go to device. Some of the best couch co-op times I've had in a while.

How are the yellow joy cons? Is it an obnoxious neon or more of a solid neon? I've been thinking about getting those, or going the colorware route and getting custom green ones. I only have the original gray ones - an extra set would be nice for multiplayer so I wouldn't have to remove the joy cons when doing so.

>Anons who have bought the Switch: do you regret your decision?

Not at all, i've been playing it consistently since i got it at launch

>How is Xenoblade 2?

So far I like it quite a lot

I never had a wiiU, I've been a pretty avid nintendo fan but for a variety of reasons I skipped that gen.

Maybe he's hoping you'll let him play the best games in co-op mode?

Yes. I bough Odyssey and BotW. Finished Odyssey and I haven't touched my Switch in weeks.

Wished I returned this shit.

I got one. played odyssey (9/10), botw (8/10), rabbids (7/10), mario kart, splatoon, picross, and rocket league

looking forward to octopath traveller and mario maker (gotta be coming right), interested in seeing what they make of pokemon, smash and metroid 4. also interested in what they do with VC, if we get GC/Wii, and if the price will be reasonable for once.

tablet mode is a joke and so is playing with a single joycon.

overall happy with the purchase, the machine is confortable in handheld mode, and the screen was sharper than expected.

They are pretty much highlighter/ cartoon puke yellow. It was just one of the payday weekend purchases.

I figured. Never a big fan of neon, kind of wanted something more tame, colorware it is.

when is the paid online actually going to start? I bought the Pokken controller because it'll inevitably be perfect for the free games apart from being good for Pokken and Puyo Puyo Tetris

Why did you buy a controller that has no joysticks?

I really like mine although I had a shitty experience where it had dust under the screen and I had to send it back twice for the problem.

It's still very much a Nintendobox. I happen to love Nintendo games so I'm getting a lot of use out of it.

I’ve tried. I just recently bought a reproduction cart of Turtles in Time and he won’t play it with me. He’s a faggot.

Been loving mine. I got MK8, BOTW, Oddysey, Splatoon 2, SF2, Sonic Mania, and Xenoverse 2. Me and my friends love to get together and play MK8 and Splatoon since it’s so easy to do so and I play MK8 with my coworkers during lunch. Easily the best system for local multiplayer I’ve ever had

I don't regret my decision. The thing is comfy as fuck and pretty nifty

I don't regret getting it, but I do regret getting it now. I've already finished BotW, Mario Odyssey, and Mario + Rabbids, and since I don't care about Xenoblade, I don't even know when the next game I would want would come out.

I've got BotW, Odyssey, and Pokken Tournament. Also downloaded Works and Morphite. So far I'm loving it. Unfortunately all the ports that are coming out I've already played on other platforms and I have no interest in Xenoblade 2, but the games I have already should keep me occupied for quite a while.

yes I regret it

BOTW is the comfiest game ever made. Looking forward to the nintendo direct in january and crossing my fingers for an Animal Crossing

Get neon and then get another set and go blue blue

The key is wait for a game that you know you'll keep coming back to regularly. I bought a Wiiu but don't feel much regret thanks to all the hours I spent curled up playing Monster Hunter 3.

I've been enjoying mine. It's nice to be able to play console games when I have downtime at work, and since I work weekends that's usually pretty often.

Xenoblade 2's been pretty fun for me so far, though I'm not too far in. The combat feels better than it did in XC1 and XCX though.

>get a controller good for a few games and the inevitable free games with paid online
>"wtf wheres the sticks"

Nope. I was primarily on PC before, but the switch is pretty damn convenient. I use it in both modes a lot.

The eShop has by far the shittiest layout of any gaming marketplace I've ever seen. Zero personality and hard as fuck to find something that's not hyper popular

Why not juast get a controller that can play every game?

because i already have the Xenoblade one with grips resembling Pyra's boobs, that doesnt change the fact a good d-pad is better for some games

Asking about the Switch isn't advertising. False reports will get you banned,

My only regret is camping to get one literally at launch since I'm not a Zeldafag and I thought BOTW was took much of a fucking chore to play. Right now, it's an amazing system if you like Nintendo games and playing console quality games in bed. It's not going to produce graphics or run as well as other consoles, but the portability gimmick can be nice.

I love my Switch, and i think it has a really bright future ahead. Having said that, it really is an early access console. There’s lots of blatantly problems, such as the online, and also lots of nitpicks that I personally have, such as the store being so shitty as a few other anons have said. Also I wish the store had some relaxing music like the other Nintendo systems have had. But I think a lot of these problems aren’t gonna get fixed in some big “Year One” update come January.

I’d say buy one. I think Nintendo is gonna really kill it with this one.

no, it's a nice little console. i like its portability; my main problem with it is the paid online garbage they will roll out next year and have a bunch of idiots defend it, thinking it will change anything.

but man does xenoblade look like shit in handheld mode. not only that, but the performance in both modes. shit needs a patch right fucking now.

I love Odyssey, but if you think that's the game of the decade thus far, just wait until you play BotW

>$20 a year aka $1.60 a month is bad

Depends on what the game will look like
If they just give me 2 NES games per month I won't buy it

But BotW is just a Skyrim mod user

Sure, if said mod made Skyrim actually worth playing