I'm feeling the urge again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-8hjJInq0hc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>feel urge
>level an alt
>get to Northrend

lmao

Now would be a really shit time to start.
The final raid has been out for a number of weeks, and most people are just getting ready for the next expansion.

Me too, me too :(

I recently came back. Unless you really really want to do the new raid i'd hold off a bit until closer to the new expansion.
They're going to redo leveling soon and maybe introduce 4 new subraces. If you wait a bit you probably won't burn out and have plenty of time to get any transmog they're taking out.

I did too and went back about a year ago. To be honest the only things that were any fun was playing economy, role-playing, and farming transmogs. The core game was not that fun.

if youre actually gunna play wait a couple months till the leveling updates come out. it makes it so you dont one shot everything and can complete the quest lines and zones with out out leveling them.

get the urge all the time. learned to ignore it.
>re-sub
>try to level an alt
>get passed the beginner zone, get bored and afk until i time out and dont login again
>or
>do shit on my mains
>run around aimlessly in capital city or a favorite zone

I installed it and uninstalled a day later.
The game's just too different now.

>quit during MoP
>never felt the urge to re-sub
I guess Im lucky

to shit?

Same thing every 1-2 years

>resub
>lvl an alt
>grind gear
>end game content/pvp
>realised nothing has changed
>get bored and quit

Why is the pvp so terrible in legion? feels like 1500 rated shitters are doing the same damage as 2200 rated players. blizzard please bring back class depth, like just revert everything to Wotlk class design and it will be a 10/10 game again.

>I'm feeling underage again
Fixed that for you.

>feel the urge
>start the game
>find a quest
>have to kill 10 boars
>yep that's why I stopped playing
>close and uninstall

It's dead and leveling in tbc or woltk with just quests is probably the most soulless thing you can do. The solo content is just so much better once you hit cata.

ahaha! look at this big man! looookit em! : ^ )

Dont, it's shit.

Because its all ilvl based and your individual stats don't matter.

Luckily the next xpansion is pvp based and i hope they don't fuck it up.

>feels like 1500 rated shitters are doing the same damage as 2200 rated players.

Because gear doesn't matter in PvP. Everyone is equal in PvP now thanks to the introduction of player scaled enviroments in Legion.

>feel urge
>play vanilla private server
>get bored and stressed at the grind because unlike when I played vanilla on retail I have a real life and more than one hobby
>realize even if I get to 60 that I have to set aside time to raid every week
>realize raiding is super boring and the pvp experience I thought I was getting back just doesnt exist anymore
>quit

Wait for Classic.

>all I did was PvP in BC
>Challenger, Rival, Duelist
>reset at the end of each season
>nothing to show for now

pvpers get no respect

It's not the gear that is the problem. It's the fact that damage rotations are so braindead easy now that anyone can smash 123 and do optimal dps.
and blizzard hans't announced any substantial class design changes for Bfa so this isn't going to change anytime soon

Don't bother dude. The game is a mess. There's no more communication, coordination, sense of accomplishment or community. Everything is handed to you now and all the content is experienced through queues while afk, even leveling. There's no challenge. It's mindless and effortless. You can literally experience all the raid content in a few hours with back-to-back queues of pugs who never speak a word to each other. It's actually sad. Oh and PVP is now "balanced" with (((stat templates))) and only around (((3v3))). So duels and world pvp are a complete joke and are in the worst shape they've ever been.

The only thing the current game does well is class identity, with things like class order halls which are larger scale class quests in specific class questing zones. They're fairly well done and a bit of fun. But they can't completely make up for the rest of the shit.

>get to Northrend
>enjoy the goat atmosphere
>remember how good Wrath was
>remember everything that came after
>lose urge to play

>feel urge
>play until I have to interact with other humans to progress further.
>quit

>nothing to show for now
You didn't get any of the drakes?

Rotations used to be mash 1-1-1, so I don't know what you mean by braindead easy "now".

HOW DO YOU KNOW

>level new character after not playing in years
>even on full servers, leveling areas are completely barren
>literally see one person every 30 minutes or so

uhhhh what? is there nobody leveling anymore or did blizzard change something

Thanks christ you can just 60-80 in outland next patch

You never have to do that in modern day Zombie WoW, though. So why do you really quit?

me too user

>Unique mounts(and nowadays armor sets) that are discontinued with each season
>Nothing to show for now

PvPers in a nutshell

sure maybe if you played frost mage. there was still way more utility spells and you actually had to manage your GCD's as a resource. not only that but any mana class couldn't just spam abilities or they would oom. you probably didn't even play in wotlk

>Implying I didn't stop at outland because it's trash

In BC you only got a mount if you reached Gladiator rank, not just from doing it on repeat with no skill like you can do now.

At least you can feasibly do outland through dungeons, northrend is just torture

>get urge
>instantly remember the headache of sims, legendaries, class balance, artifact power
>remember that the new raid is just another black with green fire demon raid
>lose urge

I played WoW from the end of Vanilla to the release week of Cata. Not that that should matter.

The fact is rotations are way more in depth in the current game. And utility/mana issues are a separate problem.

>he doesn't have every class 110
care to explain yourself?

I'm going to play this shit for the first time tonight. What server do i choose? Keep in mind I don't talk to people

don't worry user next expac will be blood troll raids followed by naga raids. just don't sub until then desu.

>not a single decent character name
pathetic

it doesnt matter. blizzard now instances within specific servers. so even if you join a full server the game will feel barren and empty

see

>What server do i choose?
moon guard, make a human and go to goldshire.

The best way to level in the current game is queuing for Dungeons over and over. And a lot of areas are instanced now during questing, so you sometimes can't see other players unless they're on the exact same point in a quest-line as you. Also way less people even play the game anymore.

>I don't talk to people

WoW is the right MMO for you then

All the things that make Retail WoW shit are a series of solutions to problems, executed terribly.

>Cross Realm zones
>Goal was to make areas feel more populated
Instead they should've done two things:
1) Merge low pop realms
2) Provide reasons/incentives to go into the old world areas relevant to modern content

>Dungeon Queues/LFR
>Goal was to make it easier to get groups for instances
Instead, they should've implemented something similar to the current LFG tool - a UI that lets you create or look for groups for content, apply for it and list your role and a comment, and invite/be invited to the group then and there before heading to the instance together as a group.
No more LFG spam in trade chat, and allows more control over the group (e.g. you can make your group a Warrior, Priest, Rogue, Shaman, and Death Knight to minimize loot competition)

>Heirlooms
>Leveling is simply too slow for people doing it the 4th or 5th time around
Instead of Heirlooms being basically BiS for the entire leveling experience, Heirlooms should be the equivalent of a lower-level green item, but keep the exp bonus. That way you're not fucking solo'ing leveling dungeons as a Warrior 4 levels below the dungeon's ideal level, and new players don't feel shafted for not having the gear (indeed, they might even have BETTER gear!)

I feel like these are the 3 biggest problems with modern WoW and it upsets me that they didn't fix them properly the first time around

>Friend tries to get me into WoW
>We spend 3 hours killing bats and spiders and wolves to get fetch quest items that aren't guaranteed to drop each time
>Awkward silence as we wait for the next batch to respawn
>As I log off for the night, he says, 'Alright man, catchya later' in a voice that tells me he knows I'm never logging into that cell phone game simulator again.

I felt bad because he loves the shit out of the game, but it is simply boring as fuck for me. I've even taken a look at endgame which is where people say 'the real game starts' and it's just grinding different difficulty raids 2-3 times a week. How am I supposed to enjoy that?

>interacting with other players
>modern WoW
Bahahaha. Good joke, user.

im sorry my char name isnt qtlol or some lame shit

Yeah man. It sure took a lot of skill to get Gladiator in BC. Especially as a resto druid, warrior, rogue, or warlock.

yeah you're a normie. its to be expected.

PvE:
>Grind new resource(apexis, AP, azerite, whatever fuck you)
>Grind new raids until you have enough gear to stand in fire
>Grind rep etc to get flying and some small rewards
>Quest all the time at lvl 100 because rep etc
>Burn out.
PvP:
>hit max and grind gear for a day or two
>hook up with arena buddies and have fun
>2's and 3's galore, happy murder funtime
>rated bg community better than your tv soap drama
>regular bg's when you just want to shit on noobs
>no flying, no questing, no tedious raids, just stand around and talk shit while you wait for you 1-5min queues to pop
>you can play as much or as little as you want, no complaining from guild
>you get to make fun of carebears because they think playing the same 'level' over and over while it gets slightly easier is somehow related to skill
PvP is the light, open your eyes my friends. PvP is love. There has never been better balance, with more viable specs and comps. Don't ever leave the city, PvE content is retarded and pointless, join arena and become a champion. See you on discord my dude.

Go rub one out on rule 34 and afterwards remember the good old times in vanilla/bc/wrath

>Literally Destiny levels of endless grinding only minus the pretty graphics

I was a Holy Paladin.

we have a winner

100% correct.

Kill yourself, it's the only way out.

PvP hasn't good for years. Take me back to the days before battle fatigue, resilience, and this retarded stat scaling system Legion has.

>Arena
Congrats, you're part of the reason modern WoW sucks

will they ever make PvP great again? or is it forever fucked? I only played PvP in vanilla TBC and WoTLK because it was god tier.

>rotations are way more in depth in the current game
apparently pressing 123 while waiting for the shiny button pop up is ''depth''

arena is absolute garbage now. got my legion S1 glad and never going back. enjoy your mongo melees and retard spell cleaves 24/7. ''so fun and balanced''

>tfw Monk is probably the most creative and fun to play class ever made for WoW

>tfw it only exists from Mists of Pandaria, but I only want to play on Vanilla/TBC

It hurts

PvP sucked in WotLK.

ah, the poor monks. the least played yet most interesting class ever made in the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=-8hjJInq0hc

>PvP hasn't good for years.
>arena is absolute garbage now.
Arena didn't get good until cata, and it wasn't until MoP when they even pretended to balance it out. Whenever people complain that PvP is no longer good they probably just got tired of it or started sucking once their swifty macros became outdated. Do yourself a favor and rediscover the brotier game mode.

>feel urge
>level an alt
>get to outland

Oh yeah... now I remember...

>unistall

3.3 patch PvP was literal kino tier.

I played a 30 day trial for MoP and I was fucking blown away by how well designed the Monk class is. It's like it wasn't even made by Blizzard, but the Guild Wars 1 team instead.

Goddamit I get the constant urge to sub just to play Monk

when they fixed jizzweaver they removed fistweaving, the biggest crime in modern times. still the most fun healer to play in arena though.

>play wow with friend years ago
>played end of wotlk and and get it to end game cata
>have to work and end uni
>leave
>years pass
>the advent of pandaria
>not even a single hype
>draenor
>holly shit I wish I could play again
>no time
>legion came
>I don't even care at this point
>blizz con this year, they announce vanilla wow
>holly shit hype as fuck
>want to play wow again
>been jobless for almost 10 moths
>getting back from a catatonic depression syndrome
>friend friend ask me if I want to play again
>get the urge
>no money
>friend pay it for me
>we play together and is like the old times
Thanks bro, I love you.

I got the urge too, I watched streams and nu-wow looks like mobile tier shit

Go play a private server of an xpac you liked

I know this is bait but
>The final raid has been out for a number of weeks
yes, one
>Now would be a really shit time to start
not at all, I'd argue that starting now would be the second best thing to someone who wants to play wow, the first being coming back with flying unlocked. The catch-up mechanisms are just insane, I helped a friend who just started out and he got to ilvl 870 in just a few hours after reachin 110

>come back to WoW only 900 ilevel
>guild not getting back together until next expac
>can only get to 930
>don't want to pug shit but no guilds want a 930, let alone a 930 who wants to tank

Is monk relatively viable in the endgame?

>feel urge
>level an alt to 60 in like 2 hours
>pay to level boost because I make 38 bucks an hour so it's literally not worth my time

>tfw no one to play 60/70 twinks with on a 3.3.5 server

Unironically yes, although I cannot speak for the current Legion endgame

I just unsubbed yesterday. Not looking back ever again.

Yes, Monk is top tier fun class but don't spread that shit or they'll become FOTM

good goy!

Disc priest is the most fun class/spec to play.

Thanks dudes, resubbing to get that monk fix

>”subtly” lie about my income on an anonymous board: the post
The funny thing is i make more than the number you made up.

>cell phone game simulator
you tried

>Everyone is equal in PvP now thanks to the introduction of player scaled enviroments in Legion.
That has nothing to do with PvP, it just makes it so that you can choose how to level.

that's the reason i always level tanks when i f eel the urge to see the old dungeons again.

see you tomorrow

if your comb can support it, disc is amaze. fear and mc is too good. mw is still more fun though. overall sub rogue is the most fun, because of the next level dickery.

>bragging about supporting the most jewful game practice of all time

The game has
>base game purchase
>content expansion purchases
>subscription fee
>micro transactions
>pay to play less of the game because its trash
And by buying into this you are telling game developers that this is ok to do. You are literally worse than Hitler.

Nu-WoW is fucking shit.

>played on Classic Private Server
>holy fuck this game is fucking great

Eagerly waiting for official Vanilla servers.

you know arenas are dead, right? there was only 50k participants at the end of last season. reduce this number by atleast half because of alts. and alot queue on more than 1 alt so reduce it even further and you're left with sub 20k total participants. but sure enjoy your dead game mode

It'll be 2 years.

don't forget that it's litearlly p2w. You can buy gold for real money and at times you can buy BiS gear with gold on the auction house, so you can buy the best gear in the game with real money

Outland is easily the worst fucking leveling experience in WoW

Don't get me wrong, the atmosphere and music is GOAT, but the actual zones are fucking empty neon deserts made for flying mounts. Honestly Blizzard's laziest work, easily half of the entire world is just empty ground with spammed mobs on them.